Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    1+ Year Old Account
    Shadowlame.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Is it confirmed Kazzara is one of Deathwings children?
    No just that he was one of the blacks deathwing was experimenting on just like the one he was infusing with dracthyr essence that ebon horn finds.

And given that all flight lineage leads back to the aspect in some way that means he had to have his first kid atlest 20 thousand years ago when he was messing around with the dracthyr.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    No just that he was one of the blacks deathwing was experimenting on just like the one he was infusing with dracthyr essence that ebon horn finds.

And given that all flight lineage leads back to the aspect in some way that means he had to have his first kid atlest 20 thousand years ago when he was messing around with the dracthyr.
    Are you implying that all black dragons must be descendants of Deathwing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    That Nefarian would likely be far more corrupted than he appeared to be, if he worked with the same corruptive influence as his father did.
    After all, Deathwing later on required metal plating to keep his body together, Nefarian didn't.
    Deathwings body started falling apart after using the Demon Soul in the War of the Ancients. Read the books and I think in the third one Malfurion sneaks in using the emerald dream and hears them putting the plates on his body and he sighs with pleasure as the plates sink into his flesh holding his body together and closing the “wounds”

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    Are you implying that all black dragons must be descendants of Deathwing?
    That’s how all the dragon flights work unless I’m mistaken all the dragons have lines to there aspect.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

That’s how all the dragon flights work unless I’m mistaken all the dragons have lines to there aspect.
    I'm sorry but you are mistaken. The only dragonflight where that might be true is the twilight.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    I'm sorry but you are mistaken. The only dragonflight where that might be true is the twilight.
    Do you have a link or something about them not all being decadents? Every thing I can remember for every flight treats there aspect as a direct family line not just a ruler and the titans didn’t raise up a ton of proto drakes just the original 5 and all of the flights sprouted from them I think.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2023-05-05 at 04:28 PM.

This may have been retconned but in the chronicle books its actually stated that the titan watchers imbued existing proto dragon eggs. As far as I know, even in dragonflight, this has not changed. The exact quote is:

"The keepers also southt to create a new species to help the Dragon Aspects protect the world. These beings would serve the Aspects as consorts and allies. To this end, the keepers magically altered hundreds of proto-dragon eggs. From them would emerge creatures born in the image of the Aspects. This new race, known as dragons, would form five distinct flights: bronze, red, green, blue, and black."

Those dragons that deathwing experimented on were not likely related to Deathwing at all.
    Last edited by Eon Drache; 2023-05-05 at 04:25 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    This may have been retconned but in the chronicle books its actually stated that the titan watchers imbued existing proto dragon eggs. The exact quote is:

"The keepers also southt to create a new species to help the Dragon Aspects protect the world. These beings would serve the Aspects as consorts and allies. To this end, the keepers magically altered hundreds of proto-dragon eggs. From them would emerge creatures born in the image of the Aspects. This new race, known as dragons, would form five distinct flights: bronze, red, green, blue, and black."

Those dragons that deathwing experimented on were not likely related to Deathwing at all.
    Ah that’s what i get for skipping over the dragon parts of chronicles then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Based on existing lore, it seems that Warcraft's dragons frequently use brood mothers, of which the Aspects or their primary consorts tend to be the most frequent. While any female dragon can have their own eggs, such as with Rheastrasza, most eggs tend to be the Aspect or the Aspect-consort's, making the majority of dragons in a pretty tight line descent from their specific Aspect. I'd imagine that Wrathion, being Neltharion's grandchild via Nyxondra, is probably as far down the tree as you'd find most dragons in any flight, only 2 steps removed from their progenitor. It also helps that dragons are extremely long-lived, perhaps nearly immortal similar to the Draenei - they would have few children over time as a matter of course.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

A dragon flies one pass over a village and breathes fire, killing those outdoor and igniting the structures on fire. A group arrives moments later and puts out the fires. Where's the inconsistency here? He didn't crash into the buildings, and they're not particularly flammable. Had he been focused on Loamm, that's one thing, but it was very much like a kid kicking over an ant hill while walking somewhere else; it doesn't destroy the colony, and after an hour or two, you can't really tell it was disturbed in the first place. This doesn't speak at all to what Fyrakk is capable of should he focus his attention on destroying a city.

"Business as usual" Tell that to the crystal polisher guy. Taken away in his prime! Fyrakk is going down.

It did actually shake me. The tone of the zone starts out really whimsical and then WHAM, almost half the goofy minor characters I met in the starting town are dead and the dragon with me is talking about "we must save them all" as we run around and I start getting PTSD of the Teldrassil rescue quest.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2023-05-06 at 03:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    If it was pretty common, people wouldn't break into some secretive lab only very few people know about in order to acquire it.
    They didn't break in to acquire shadowflame itself, they broke in to get the massive pool of shadowflame energy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Caradras View Post
    Why do we have to be worried about Fyrakk and this shadowflame? for all his rage and supposed power he couldnt kill anyone from the black dragonflight. Even worse that despite the little cinematic we see of fyrakk Loam isnt destroyed or even damaged. The ppl there just continue their business as usual.

So if Fyrakk cant even wipe out a little town of simple mole ppl, why is anyone supposed to fear him?
    He's not a great antagonist but they went to some lengths to give us a sense of danger. He deflecting the assaults of the dragons like it was nothing, put them in dire positions and left them to die. They even had some of the goofy endearing little critter-people killed off so we get a feel of drama.

And that was just him carelessly expressing his newfound power, while going on his way. Sabellian, Ebyssian and Loamm were simply not on his to-do list and he goes with the same flaw has most villains, not pursuing to give the final blow.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    He's not a great antagonist but they went to some lengths to give us a sense of danger. He deflecting the assaults of the dragons like it was nothing, put them in dire positions and left them to die. They even had some of the goofy endearing little critter-people killed off so we get a feel of drama.

And that was just him carelessly expressing his newfound power, while going on his way. Sabellian, Ebyssian and Loamm were simply not on his to-do list and he goes with the same flaw has most villains, not pursuing to give the final blow.
    It's a necessary flaw though, a bit like how in the James Bond movies, the villain never just goes and shoots Bond in the face, we'd have no story.

Villains shouldn't be taken so seriously anyway, we'll be beating Fyrakk up for loot at some point anyway, until then, let's laugh at how 1/3 of him is mouth and he has silly little T-rex arms.