Well my lovely state passed a bill Monday more or less making abortion via medication illegal: https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2023/bills/house/1568
    I've been calling my House rep for months about this (and many other bills) and have yet to get a real person or a call back. Garbage humans who don't actually care what their constituents have to say or representing their interests.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taifuu View Post
    This was also trending topic at the time of her confirmation; so if you've really been following the political landscape like @tehdang claims that they are, they would have already known this. Of course, that applies to just so much (all?) of their posts, so no surprise their. At least their ChatGQP is consistent at that point.
    Oh, I'm no longer shocked by the hyper-levels of disingenuity he pushes with each and every post. Of note, his newest form of lie is the little love affair he has for me and my legitimate questions to him. You'll notice that he continues to pound the hollow drum each time I pose a legitimate question that makes him question his beliefs. Pointing out the reality that dissolves his world is always interesting, especially when he moves mountains to avoid even the notion of a legitimate discussion.

What's even worse is that his kind, the "deep thinkers" of the GOP, are really just the mindless mouthpieces of the true evil that encapsulates the GOP leadership (such as it is). His continual desire to just repeat what he's told to believe is borne from something dark and insidious, the true nature of the GOP. I might sound like I'm working on the first draft of a new graphic novel, but the new GOP is truly evil, and there is no end in sight to stopping their lies and treason.

@tehdang is basically a mouthpiece for that evil, and the worst part is that he doesn't even realize it. His latest ridiculous (and factually wrong) response here is indicative of his entire time spent responding in this forum (see at the bottom of the linked post) - he literally doesn't even know what he's talking about - doesn't know that ACB was a literal Handmaid, and for him to hear otherwise, flies in the face of everything he's been told to believe.

And in related news, the North Carolina Republican's are now using their newly gained veto-proof majority, thanks to one politician flipping parties, to push through a 12 week abortion ban. It is out of the Senate and the Governor has said he will fight it but they have a veto-proof majority if they stick to it.

So, they will energize a lot of new voters next election and every drug dealer out here will have a new best selling product in short order. But the NC Supreme Court has also ruled that illegally racially gerrymandering isn't actually illegal nor is it illegal to intentionally disenfranchise voters using Voter ID after doing studies to find out which IDs minorities don't have to surgically remove them from the voter base.

Will their cheating be enough to defeat the bigger and bigger waves of voters going against them....
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    I believe I read that the lawmaker that flipped parties voted in favor of it, even though she ran a pro-choice platform during her campaign.
    Ok, if she actually campaign on being against it and voted for it, that tells us she was planning this.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

So in the recent ban on abortions, excuse me restrictions; I am seeing that Republicans will press this issue through legislation that likely if it went to a general election/referendum vote in states of NC and Indiana they would likely vote not to ban abortions.

Now are the consequences who vote Republican for whatever reason, realize that their rights are being infringed on by rouge Legislators. Most likely it will have to be young, first time voters who change these elections.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Now are the consequences who vote Republican for whatever reason, realize that their rights are being infringed on by rouge Legislators. Most likely it will have to be young, first time voters who change these elections.
    Which is why Republicans are trying like hell to keep up voter suppression tactics and wanting to increase the voting age.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    @tehdang is basically a mouthpiece for that evil, and the worst part is that he doesn't even realize it. His latest ridiculous (and factually wrong) response here is indicative of his entire time spent responding in this forum (see at the bottom of the linked post) - he literally doesn't even know what he's talking about - doesn't know that ACB was a literal Handmaid, and for him to hear otherwise, flies in the face of everything he's been told to believe.
    We don't have a demilitarized zone to interrogate and ridicule the basest forms of propaganda and hysterical disinformation like you brought up here. First topic People of Praise and ACB, then we'll move on to how Ketanji Brown Jackson can't figure out what a woman is, how the murder of Christians by a transgender person means trans people are the real victims, or Joe Biden erasing his seventh grandchild in every nod to his grandchildren. This is all grist to the lowest culture warrior's mill. I see and acknowledge the people that bathe in that stuff, but unless you can summon literally Matt Walsh here to form your debating equal, you're out of luck. Those conversations are pointless.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    We don't have a demilitarized zone to interrogate and ridicule the basest forms of propaganda and hysterical disinformation like you brought up here. First topic People of Praise and ACB, then we'll move on to how Ketanji Brown Jackson can't figure out what a woman is, how the murder of Christians by a transgender person means trans people are the real victims, or Joe Biden erasing his seventh grandchild in every nod to his grandchildren. This is all grist to the lowest culture warrior's mill. I see and acknowledge the people that bathe in that stuff, but unless you can summon literally Matt Walsh here to form your debating equal, you're out of luck. Those conversations are pointless.
    You've been wrong everywhere on this forum, every time. Your crying about people having abortions right before birth for funsies was a hilariously bad talking point that you aired out the day after Cucker Carlson mentioned it.

Also, Matt Walsh "debating equal" good joke. Walsh being a self-proclaimed fascist has a massive following on the right. OAN and Newsmax are gaining viewership among the right, and Fox is being labeled as "too far left" because they fired Cucker Carlson. You wave your hand away at everyone pointing out how extreme and violent the right is getting, meanwhile the facts work against you every time.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please then, in your own words, provide the definition of a woman. No copying and pasting, just what you, the person(?) behind the @tehdang account believes it to be.

Those conversations are pointless.
    Well, at least you acknowledge that all you're going to do is fling around propagandists' feces while refusing to stand behind that shit when called out on it. I think that's progress.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Matt Walsh, the guy who wants to impregnate 16 year old children?
    - Lars

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    "He didn't say he wanted to impregnate 16 year-olds! He just said that that's the best time to do it, and that it's a shame that culture has moved to the point where marrying that young is frowned upon!"

-Justifications I've heard from people desperate to defend that slime.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    You've been wrong everywhere on this forum, every time. Your crying about people having abortions right before birth for funsies was a hilariously bad talking point that you aired out the day after Cucker Carlson mentioned it.

Also, Matt Walsh "debating equal" good joke. Walsh being a self-proclaimed fascist has a massive following on the right. OAN and Newsmax are gaining viewership among the right, and Fox is being labeled as "too far left" because they fired Cucker Carlson. You wave your hand away at everyone pointing out how extreme and violent the right is getting, meanwhile the facts work against you every time.
    Democrats have refused to endorse any restrictions on late term abortions for some time now. I'm not going to apologize for noticing that.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Well, at least you acknowledge that all you're going to do is fling around propagandists' feces while refusing to stand behind that shit when called out on it. I think that's progress.
    The mods have rules on religion, sexuality, gender, and gender identity, and I haven't seen a carve-out for "unless someone's being called out on it, then it's all hunky dory."

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    If you want a debate on religious small groups and why one might have historically called members "handmaids," you're gonna want a debating equal. Someone that loves diving into that kind of stuff and using sarcasm and innuendo in the way used here. I picked the first name that came to mind, but there's others.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Damn, you really do amount to nothing but those noisy right-wing loons you see on Twitter, huh?

Genuinely curious where everyone goes as a collective for these talking points.
    Is it so hard to handle the gutter-level culture warrior stuff that I'm grouping with "handmaids" and ACB? Fair's fair if you want to go "literally a handmaid," prepare for "literally doesn't know what a woman is." I don't think either can be profitably examined here, and both risk transgressing posted rules. I don't think there's actually an appetite to have right-wing loons and left-wing loons arguing over their political trash, which is mostly used to preach to the choir.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

matt walsh the guy who says democracy was a mistake and identifies as a theocratic fascist, thats the 1st name that springs to mind for you?

Democrats have refused to endorse any restrictions on late term abortions for some time now. I'm not going to apologize for noticing that.
    Because its a stupid talking point. Late term abortions are very rare and only happen in when there is risk to the mother or some other complication. No one does a late term abortion just because they've changed their mind and don't want a child anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching this guy flail about on "late-term abortions" as some kind of reason to continue to let women suffer or carry dead fetuses to term is beyond barbaric. This is the sort of women-hating incel behavior that seems to run rampant in the extremists camp.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Watching this guy flail about on "late-term abortions" as some kind of reason to continue to let women suffer or carry dead fetuses to term is beyond barbaric. This is the sort of women-hating incel behavior that seems to run rampant in the extremists camp.
    It also just goes to show how bunk the talking point is. If 'Late term abortions' were all Republicans were worried about, they would be pushing legislation targeting the late second to third trimester instead of banning it outright. No, this half-assed compromise is just an excuse to give Conservatives a solid foot in the door so they can keep pushing back on it later, now with a minimum 'reasonable' baseline to work with.

(Edit) In fact, I add that while Late-term abortions are 'rare', I can also add that - from the headlines we keep seeing over and over and over again - they're statistically common enough because of sudden late-term complications that keeping them protected is in our best interest. For every make-believe whoever that decides that they're gonna just change their mind a sprint away from the finish line, there's at least ten women who need these procedures or else they'll fucking die / suffer long term medical complications / can't ever have kids again.

And, as a human being with functioning empathy and critical thinking skills; The rare cases of hypothetical later term voluntary abortion are worth it if very real women with very real problems can get the help they need.
    Last edited by Xyonai; 2023-05-07 at 04:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why should they? It's an attack on women's self-ownership, and the only basis for the denial of those rights is religious mores, which means it's also an attack on people's religious freedoms.

If you have a religious objection to abortion because of religious concepts like life beginning at conception or whatnot, that's fine. Make your own choices accordingly. That's where your rights stop. You don't get to push those views on other people.

Is it so hard to handle the gutter-level culture warrior stuff that I'm grouping with "handmaids" and ACB? Fair's fair if you want to go "literally a handmaid," prepare for "literally doesn't know what a woman is." I don't think either can be profitably examined here, and both risk transgressing posted rules. I don't think there's actually an appetite to have right-wing loons and left-wing loons arguing over their political trash, which is mostly used to preach to the choir.
    At least you're just openly being transphobic at this pojnt and have given up pretending to be a reasonable, empathic person. Having to dig through the layers of lies to get to the hatemongering you're actually trying to sneak in gets exhausting.

Bet you 10 bucks @tehdang can't give a definition for "woman" we can't pick apart in 20 seconds.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    It also just goes to show how bunk the talking point is. If 'Late term abortions' were all Republicans were worried about, they would be pushing legislation targeting the late second to third trimester instead of banning it outright. No, this half-assed compromise is just an excuse to give Conservatives a solid foot in the door so they can keep pushing back on it later, now with a minimum 'reasonable' baseline to work with.

(Edit) In fact, I add that while Late-term abortions are 'rare', I can also add that - from the headlines we keep seeing over and over and over again - they're statistically common enough because of sudden late-term complications that keeping them protected is in our best interest. For every make-believe whoever that decides that they're gonna just change their mind a sprint away from the finish line, there's at least ten women who need these procedures or else they'll fucking die / suffer long term medical complications / can't ever have kids again.

And, as a human being with functioning empathy and critical thinking skills; The rare cases of hypothetical later term voluntary abortion are worth it if very real women with very real problems can get the help they need.
    To put it in numerical terms late term abortion are less than 2% of abortions because no one would do that unless it was a medical necessity. You've carried the baby for 6 months names and everything is already picked out.