Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    What can be tied to the white color in Dragonflight ?

Winding Slitherdrake and white scales have been datamined back in the days, now that the Slitherdrake is available, white scales are still missing.

Any guesses ?
    Albinism occurs in many species (it even happens in plants), why not dragons?

10+ Year Old Account
    I want the next Dragonflight to be the Violet Dragonflight, representing the Void and helping the Black Dragonflight to resist it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Because that would be an utterly boring addition. It's "hidden" for a reason. They're meant to be revealed. To make an impact. Odds are, that means they're going to have some sort of narrative significance equal to all the other colours available. Just throwing in "and some dragons were albino!" is not a satisfying reveal. And if it was that mundane, why stop at white? Where's brown, purple, orange, and pink? The answer is simple: all the colours we have access to already have narrative significance.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    What can be tied to the white color in Dragonflight ?

Winding Slitherdrake and white scales have been datamined back in the days, now that the Slitherdrake is available, white scales are still missing.

Any guesses ?
    I saw the other day someone point out that some of the promo pictures for this patch had a white dragonriding mount in it, so maybe we'll get it at some point now?

Also still amused at people thinking Fyrakk's lasting beyond this patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Oh yes, the one Legion solution to WoD. It is up there in terms of terrible answer with Danuser's explication of what happened to multiple Gul'dans in the Shadowlands when they die.

I wonder if someday they will have the balls to fix all lore disasters. DF could be a chance to do that if they were to mess with the Bronzes and the timelines. Unlikely, though, as they are foreshadowing so much stuff for the future of the game.

Anyway, I am excited for today's cinematic and for what they will announce on Thursday. I really hope that the Archeology revamp is coming in 10.1.5 and that they tie it to old content.
    Eh, i don't think it was that big a deal. The main problem from it arose from that weird idea people got that there can't be alternates of Demons because of no reason whatsoever. Otherwise, it didn't change anything. The Shadowlands soul combining was much dumber. They had already established them as being infinite. They could just have left the souls seperate. That was an attempt to solve a problem that never existed to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Eh, i don't think it was that big a deal. The main problem from it arose from that weird idea people got that there can't be alternates of Demons because of no reason whatsoever. Otherwise, it didn't change anything. The Shadowlands soul combining was much dumber. They had already established them as being infinite. They could just have left the souls seperate. That was an attempt to solve a problem that never existed to begin with.
    They just wanted to make the Legion threat feel more "legitimate" during the waning days of WoD and completely shot themselves in the foot with their roughshod explanation of why we should care about this Archimonde. But I do think we're getting off topic, dwelling on past decisions. This thread is about the future. And I do hope that a poor experience with a time travel adjacent plot in WoD doesn't cause them to through out the baby with the bathwater and relegate the domain of time travel plots to silly Chromie stuff. Time travel is fantastic when done well with a consistent in-universe structure to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    It's not unreasonable to think he will, since he is a core part of the new outdoor content this patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    It's not unreasonable to think he will, since he is a core part of the new outdoor content this patch.
    That's a fair point, but the last step of the campaign is "A Flame, Extinguished," and is set after Aberrus, plot-wise. Fyrakk's the fire incarnate, flame, so...seems that way to me. Especially as part of the campaign is itself about Fyrakk and whatnot.

I'm ready to eat crow though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Fyrakk isn't a boss in the Aberrus raid, so unless he's killed in open-world content it seems likely he will last beyond this patch. He seems a bit too powerful as an Incarnate to go down as part of an open-world quest, IMO; but it wouldn't be the first time that's happened.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

That's a fair point, but the last step of the campaign is "A Flame, Extinguished," and is set after Aberrus, plot-wise. Fyrakk's the fire incarnate, flame, so...seems that way to me. Especially as part of the campaign is itself about Fyrakk and whatnot.

I'm ready to eat crow though.
    It would be really weird to kill him when the assaults are meant to be around for a while. It'd be like killing Raszageth in the raid and then having her show up in every primal storm event.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Some say that the final chapter title kind of makes it seem like Fyrakk's death will stem from it. But, at the same time I'm still Team Megadungeon for Fyrakks' demise rather than it being Campaign related.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Btw while I know people disliked WoD to a varying degree, if timey whimey craps leads us to some part of AU Azeroth I would not mind it at all. WoD had fantastic world building. I would e.g. love to see a Seven Kingdoms AU so we could see those cultures (plus Amani and QUel'thalas)
    100% agree. If built-up correctly, that would be absolutely neat. Especially that it could fit into a narrative of a down-to-earth xpac, which I believe Dragonflight revisited after a countless of universe-scale threats.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Fyrakk isn't a boss in the Aberrus raid, so unless he's killed in open-world content it seems likely he will last beyond this patch. He seems a bit too powerful as an Incarnate to go down as part of an open-world quest, IMO; but it wouldn't be the first time that's happened.
    Could be that he is defeated in 10.1.5 as well. We still don't really know what is happening with the Blue Dragonflight stuff, but we do know that Fyrakk is primarily spending his time in those zones.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Utsuko View Post
    Exactly, after Aberrus... need I remind you that the last boss is the leader of the Fractured Flame?
    This clearly refers to Sarkareth.
    I think however that Fyrakk will not be a raid boss and will be dealt with in quests.
    The description for the campaign mentions how you've handled many threats within Aberrus. The previous campaign quest has you go and kill Sarkareth. A Flame, Extinguished is set after Sarkareth's defeat, and deals with something after that.

We'll see who's right in short order, I imagine. Like I said I'm ready to eat crow but I'm gonna be smug if I'm right.

Oh, that makes sense!!! Fyrakk cannot die in 10.1 as it would be kind of underwhelming to see him around in the Dragon Isles Assaults. So it probably refers to Sarkareth, the ''A Flame, Extinguished'' part of the questline would make sense. I am so happy, they just could not drop Fyrakk in a questline. He needs to be a raid boss, and I hope that he stays alive for a while. Pretty sure that now, with the Shadowflame infusion, he is the most powerful dragon in history, maybe behind Galakrond.

Also, now that Blizzard is getting better at encrypting stuff... Does anybody believes that Aberrus might have a secret boss / Mythic only boss? They have not do something like that since... Raden in MoP? Aberrus as a secret laboratory would be a perfect chance to throw there some unexpected secret boss !! Might Sinestra / Sintharia make an appearance?
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Y'know, as I argue this, a thought did occur to me.

Sundered Flame. Its referencing the Sundered Flame. That makes more sense. It deals with mopping up the Sundered Flame after Sarkareth's defeat.

...still suspect Fyrakk bites it in a campaign though.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Oh, that makes sense!!! Fyrakk cannot die in 10.1 as it would be kind of underwhelming to see him around in the Dragon Isles Assaults. So it probably refers to Sarkareth, the ''A Flame, Extinguished'' part of the questline would make sense. I am so happy, they just could not drop Fyrakk in a questline. He needs to be a raid boss, and I hope that he stays alive for a while. Pretty sure that now, with the Shadowflame infusion, he is the most powerful dragon in history, maybe behind Galakrond.

Also, now that Blizzard is getting better at encrypting stuff... Does anybody believes that Aberrus might have a secret boss / Mythic only boss? They have not do something like that since... Raden in MoP? Aberrus as a secret laboratory would be a perfect chance to throw there some unexpected secret boss !! Might Sinestra / Sintharia make an appearance?
    I somehow doubt it, given the difficulty of hiding an entire boss fight. Feels like that would require an inordinate amount of encrypted stuff that would plainly be unused boss fight stuff.
    Then again, maybe not. I would definitely be down for a hidden Mythic only boss, even if I think that concept is kinda contrary to what we now consider good instance design.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    In a sense I think Fyrakk was sent(Hence the name of the subzone Iridakron's gambit) to the caverns to distract us to give Vyranoth and him time to do whatever they want to do. I am not sure how Fyrakk will end but I can see him dying soon ONLY cause he was sent as a distraction knowing full well what was in the Zaralek Caverns. Now he could survive but he might be detrimental since he is now filled with the Shadowflame. He might get himself killed if the magic(Or fires) are as dangerous as the story expresses.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

We've had an albino drake mount for years already anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    In a sense I think Fyrakk was sent(Hence the name of the subzone Iridakron's gambit) to the caverns to distract us to give Vyranoth and him time to do whatever they want to do. I am not sure how Fyrakk will end but I can see him dying soon ONLY cause he was sent as a distraction knowing full well what was in the Zaralek Caverns. Now he could survive but he might be detrimental since he is now filled with the Shadowflame. He might get himself killed if the magic(Or fires) are as dangerous as the story expresses.
    I thought that was pretty blatant from the opening cutscene of 10.1. He's a distraction, nothing more. Though him surviving might throw a wrench in Iridikron's plans... especially if he figures out that he was used as mere bait.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Lead the way, Emberthal." Yeah, she's pretty much confirmed as Aspect.