Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Yes, and it was duality between Moon and Nature.
    It was always Duality between sun and moon. There was never a nature eclipse. It was from the moment of inception Solar Eclipse.

Quote Originally Posted by guro-tchai View Post
    isn't moon magic just arcane? makes sense to balance it with nature to avoid corruption or something
    That's just the game mechanical spell school it's in. What exactly it has to do with Arcane magic is unclear and was never elaborated.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It was always Duality between sun and moon. There was never a nature eclipse. It was from the moment of inception Solar Eclipse.
    Lunar eclipse empowered your Moon spells
    Solar eclipse empowered your Nature spells.

Exclipse was first introduced in Wrath, and had no Sun related abilities whatsoever. The theme of the spec was still heavily based on nature and moon, which included talents like 'Earth and Moon' that empowered Wrath and Starfire respectively.

https://www.wowhead.com/wotlk/guide/...s-overview-pve

The rotation for Balance is also much more engaging with the addition of Eclipse where you cycle between Lunar and Solar Eclipses which empower either your Wrath or Starfire.

Solar Eclipse was introduced to empower Nature spells, the concept being plants and nature likes sunlight.

Solar Beam and Sunfire were first added in Cata. That was the first shift towards using actual Sun related abilities. And even then, the base rotation and AoE abilities were nature based
    Last edited by Triceron; 2023-05-07 at 02:33 AM.

1st, get rid of the cosmic fart chart. It's worthless.
    2nd, focus on "balance of nature."

Sun, Moon, Stars, plants, animals, weather, trees, leaves, acorns, seeds, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    doing only one source of damage is stupid in this day and age of WoW. if you get interrupted or locked out of your only school of damage you are dead in the water. boomies doing arcane damage has existed since vanilla and astral shortly after. theres no reason to make us suffer to fit some bizarre notion of what your class fantasy entails a druid to do.
    How about actually read my post, dude? Nature+Moon OR Sun ok, Moon + Sun not ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    How about actually read my post, dude? Nature+Moon OR Sun ok, Moon + Sun not ok.
    i did read your post and it made no fucking sense. both the sun and moon are part of nature. to keep one and deny the other is just idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Lunar eclipse
    Solar eclipse
    I rest my case.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Alright wraths name shall be changed to nature bolt and be green and sunfire shall be changed to swarm again and just have bees do nature damage forever. You happy now.

Quote Originally Posted by Phob View Post
    Alright wraths name shall be changed to nature bolt and be green and sunfire shall be changed to swarm again and just have bees do nature damage forever. You happy now.
    That latter could easily be done with a glyph. I really don't see why people are so hung up over green lightning bolt. That never made any sense in the first place.

I rest my case.
    Your case being what exactly?

Nothing but 'they have Solar themes in their gameplay'.

There's nothing solar related in Druid lore with the exception of Taurens worshipping Anshe; which has eventually become the basis for Priests and Paladins faith-based Light magic.

Everything else in the lore has them using nature magic through and through.

That latter could easily be done with a glyph. I really don't see why people are so hung up over green lightning bolt. That never made any sense in the first place.
    Neither does giving them Eclipse. Moonkins aren't called Sun and Moon kin or Eclipsekins. They have no lore connection to the Sun whatsoever.

Your case being what exactly?

Nothing but 'they have Solar themes in their gameplay'.

There's nothing solar related in Druid lore with the exception of Taurens worshipping Anshe; which has eventually become the basis for Priests and Paladins faith-based Light magic.
    Except their "priests" and "paladins" are actually Druid related by their own lore. You're only bringing up gameplay yourself there.

Except their "priests" and "paladins" are actually Druid related by their own lore. You're only bringing up gameplay yourself there.
    Taurens are literally the only ones who use Sun related magic, and mainly because they worship the Sun. It's more of a Tauren cultural thing than a Druid thing. Same with the Moon connections being a Night Elf cultural thing more than ever being a Druidic thing. There are non Druid NE who use Moon magic, non Druid Tauren who use Sun magic. This isn't exclusively a Druid thing.

Tauren Druids, Priests and Paladins all utilize the same use of Sun magic, because of their cultural worship of Anshe.

We can't exactly say the same about Druidic Nature magic being used by any other class. The theme of Nature magic is quite exclusive to the Druid class, and not merely shared as a cultural subtheme.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2023-05-11 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    i did read your post and it made no fucking sense. both the sun and moon are part of nature. to keep one and deny the other is just idiotic.
    Solar magick is Light magick, genius. It's not about Nature and Druids.

Also it't not make sense for NIGHT elf use SUN, understood?

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Solar magick is Light magick, genius. It's not about Nature and Druids.

Also it't not make sense for NIGHT elf use SUN, understood?
    Magick is not a thing in Warcraft. Solar magic exists as both Light and Life magic. One is wielded by the Arrakoa, the other by Druids, especially the Tauren.

"Night" Elves don't seem to have much trouble running around at day, either. That's not a proper argument.

Magick is not a thing in Warcraft. Solar magic exists as both Light and Life magic. One is wielded by the Arrakoa, the other by Druids, especially the Tauren.

"Night" Elves don't seem to have much trouble running around at day, either. That's not a proper argument.
    We have 2 solar magics because you decide? During Draenor, Blizzard was told that arakkoa solar magic was something more like druidic magic, not Light, and the Chronicle called it Light. The Tol'vir also use solar magic and that is Light. The tauren also use Light from Faith in An'she. Literally nothing in lore indicates that solar magic is Life. We only have gameplay mechanics.

Running during the day and using the power of the Sun are not the same thing. The essence of the appearance of tauren paladins and solar magic is that Night Elf druids are too much focused on the Moon and forgot about the Sun. The problem is that now we have the Sun and the Moon and no Nature. NE must have Moon+Nature, tauren must have Sun+Nature.

I think it plays nice right now and the whole moon / sun does not NOT make sense honestly.
    They could add a fifth spec when everyone else gets another one as a support spec like the new evoker.

So basically a DD but poses as support.
    Summon fairy dragons who support the others. Insect swarms back. Infections like the overgrowth from WoD.
    A support Dot spec.
    And move Balance damage away from dots and more on hit stuff.

So we're obviously disregarding the established gameplay and lore for the current era. Looking back at the WC3-era for inspiration as well as earlier WoW content such as Classic Wailing Caverns, Cata-era Barrens and WoD...

Brambles: Instant Cast, Nature DoT, Stacks to 5, Increments per tick. 3s/tick, 24s duration

Insect Swarm: 1.5s Cast, Nature DoT, Reduces chance to hit, 12s duration

Entangling Roots: Instant Cast, Nature DoT deals damage slowly at first - increasing over the duration, 35% snare, 18s duration, only one up at any given time.

Nature's Wrath: 3s Cast, Big Nature DD, chains to targets affected by Brambles but consumes a Bramble stack per chain. (IE: Target Zero = 0 Stacks consumed, First Chain = 1 stack, Second Chain = 2 stacks, Third Chain = 3 stacks etc so it can't chain to more than 5 targets)

Wild Mushroom: Instant Cast, 30s CD, Nature Targeted AoE, 4s Delay, 5s debuff -> Spores: If you die while affected by spores, a wild Mushroom will spawn from your corpse

Hurricane: 10s Channeled Nature Targeted AoE, spreads Insect Swarm to nearby targets if affected by Hurricane, 20% snare

Typhoon: Instant Cast, frontal cone AoE, knockbacks, small damage

Force of Nature: Instant Cast, 2min CD. Summons up to 4 Treants to fight for you. Lasts 15s

Mastery: Overgrowth - Brambles and Insect Swarm have a chance to increase the amount of nature damage the target takes by x% of the damage done, stacking up to 10 times. At 10 stacks the Overgrowth blooms, dealing damage/healing equal to the accumulated amount to hostile/friendly targets within 8 yards. Effects are reduced beyond 5 targets.

Admittedly it's overly simplistic rotation wise and this was a 30min thought bubble, but I did try to incorporate similar aspects to the current Balance design with Solar/Lunar eclipses cycling between focused single target damage and AoE damage.

The interactions between the instant cast dots slowly ramping up in damage with the casted dots being instantly full strength alongside the mastery effect increasing overall nature damage based on those dot effects before 'blooming' for a burst of AoE damage echo the wrath->Starfire cycles for eclipse and the astral power generation.
    Last edited by A Blue Smurf; 2023-05-19 at 02:24 AM.

hi all
    I played dota, but now Im here and hate this game

15+ Year Old Account
    Astral magic. I think Moonkin is Blizzard's version of Astral magic. I forget what game it was that I played when I was like 11 and got my first PC, but it had magic schools and Astral and Arcane were their own schools. I was always intrigued by that.

People think Astral is just Arcane, but I don't think that's the case based on RPGs I played.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Astral magic. I think Moonkin is Blizzard's version of Astral magic. I forget what game it was that I played when I was like 11 and got my first PC, but it had magic schools and Astral and Arcane were their own schools. I was always intrigued by that.

People think Astral is just Arcane, but I don't think that's the case based on RPGs I played.
    At this point and with the Hero Talents it's pretty obvious the "Arcane" side of Moonkin is simply Elune, who we already know is Life-aligned. Everything moon and star based comes from her.

So that checks out.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    This. Ive been saying that hurricane needs to come back as a balance spell. as it was our Original 51point talent. move to a spell then removed all together. insect swarm and green wrath would also be great to see added back to our game play. treants being able to cast wrath as they did in the past would be a great play on it as well.

The biggest change i think would be awesome to see added is "Fire" with so much druid of the flame lore being added to the game. having Fire spells added under nature kind of fits the bill. as Fire does happen in nature naturally and would also open up for druid to gain the other forms of fire that we have seen in game and story wise.