Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    I meant the entire system, not the recipes
    Not only recipes are exp specific but whole system actually is. I mean each expansion got its separate skill range. Same in DF and prob further but we will see.

I like it. It is a system that you cannot 100% understand at first glance. But if you just play with it a bit it is actually rather straight forward.
    You can really sink your teeth in it or just go with the flow.

The ONLY thing that is a bit annoying is that you will never catach up with anyone now. New chars/twinks etc have absolutly no chance in hell to get to the same level in a timely matter.

They should have implemented a bit of a catch up for the skill points.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1mcq View Post
    Does anyone else feel a bit lost with all the new proffesion changes? I am really struggling to get into it and i feel like Blizz went way over the top and have made it an unnecessarily over complicated hot mess. Updates are almost always a welcome thing but this just goes way beyond an update. I miss getting materials and making what i want/need when i want/need it. Instead we now have recipe difficulties, inspiration chance, resourcefulness, profession accessories, different qualities of items, artisan's mettle, primal chaos, spark of ingenuity, titan training matrix and so on, far too many different things intoduced into professions.
    Yeah I am a veteran WoW player that has played this game for far too long, keep up with all the wowhead news and all that... and yet I struggle to fully understand and keep up with the profession stuff.

It is just convoluted. There are too many items that you need additionally to your crafting materials, the specializations and leveling those up is annoying, tedious and stupid too.

I want them to take a big step back with professions and just get rid of the specializations completely and make all items available "normally" (by skilling up, reps, drops etc.) like it used to be. I think the upgrade system of gear is generally good though.

Public orders are interesting in principle, but it's too easy to screw over people.

All in all, specs are stupid as this system requires you in a way to keep up with others and it's making having professions on alts very difficult.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2023-05-10 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I like it. It is a system that you cannot 100% understand at first glance. But if you just play with it a bit it is actually rather straight forward.

The ONLY thing that is a bit annoying is that you will never catach up with anyone now. New chars/twinks etc have absolutly no chance in hell to get to the same level in a timely matter.

It's actually bewildering. You can turn in the mole bars for like 5 and 5 points, but it takes a ton of bars and that seems like about it.

I guess there are also technically twice as many weeklies but that's what, 3 points?

At the very least they should have massively increased the droprate on dragon shards.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

7+ Year Old Account
    Im not sure but professions are a bit weak in 10.1. I got tons of mettle right now. Im JC/Insc. No demand on gems. No demand on imtes. No new good crafts. Or i missing smth.

Having the altar of decay in an instance is dumb, just dumb. It should be somewhere out in the outdoor world.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post
    Having the altar of decay in an instance is dumb, just dumb. It should be somewhere out in the outdoor world.
    Leatherworking items that need the altar of decay are also the only ones in public work orders that actually have all mats included and a decent tip. So...

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Leatherworking items that need the altar of decay are also the only ones in public work orders that actually have all mats included and a decent tip. So...
    Maybe on your server, on my realm cluster the tips are typically 500-1500g, not exactly worth the trouble.

Having the altar of decay in an instance is dumb, just dumb.
    Players said that, Blizzard listened and agreed. Cauldron of Extracted Putrescence says hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Players said that, Blizzard listened and agreed. Cauldron of Extracted Putrescence says hi!
    The amount of resources it takes to craft that is beyond ridiculous for three charges and you still have to use it in the brackenhide area of azure span, no ty.

You can make one that is semi reusable(you get the main component back).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post

There actually seems like there's a hidden catchup in the increased drop rate for the blue items from either treasures or gathering. There's 2 sets in gathering, the weekly capped ones that show how many you can do each week and then another set that has no cap but is more rare. Like mining for example has iridescent ore(fragments or chunk) that's weekly capped but heated ore sample is not. I think they've used that as a dial for catch up as my alts have seen WAAAAAAAY more of them in treasures than my more progressed characters ever did.

Keyboard Turner
    Does anyone else feel a bit lost with all the new proffesion changes? I am really struggling to get into it and i feel like Blizz went way over the top and have made it an unnecessarily over complicated hot mess. Updates are almost always a welcome thing, but this just goes way beyond an update. I miss getting materials and making what i want/need when i want/need it. Instead, we now have recipe difficulties, inspiration chance, resourcefulness, profession accessories, different qualities of items, artisan's mettle, primal chaos, spark of ingenuity, titan training matrix and so on, far too many different things introduced into professions.
    Yes, crazy stuff. I just came back after a 4-year vacation and was and still am left wondering what the %&#! I'm doing. I'm at 97 skill in DF alchemy. I stop by the Alchemy table occasionally to try and proc new recipe but blow up every time...every time. Also, I gather herbs yet buy them instead of using my lower grade ones to make better potions/flasks.

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by Snuckyaonce; 2023-06-02 at 05:15 AM.

Does anyone else feel a bit lost with all the new proffesion changes? I am really struggling to get into it and i feel like Blizz went way over the top and have made it an unnecessarily over complicated hot mess. Updates are almost always a welcome thing but this just goes way beyond an update. I miss getting materials and making what i want/need when i want/need it. Instead we now have recipe difficulties, inspiration chance, resourcefulness, profession accessories, different qualities of items, artisan's mettle, primal chaos, spark of ingenuity, titan training matrix and so on, far too many different things intoduced into professions.
    Yes. I find it ridiculous how long it is taking to complete this and there is a lot of useless crap in the trees. Also I have yet to see a good, comprehensive guide for each craft. And there's parts that still confuse me. That said they are doing a good job of burning up lots of mats.
    Last edited by JDL49; 2023-06-02 at 11:22 PM.

The new profession system is AWFUL. It's primary goal is to ensure not everyone has every recipe at the same time at the expansion release. Which is fine, but it's convoluted and not at all clear how I get ahead. I've read guides, I've played Dragonflight for a total of probably 2 months so far, and still don't know. Apparently, I just do shit in the game and I'll randomly get points. In the past, it was quite clear....you do a fucking daily and get a token. Once you get 3 tokens, you get to buy a recipe. Done. No bullshit. No stupid trees.

At some point..we will get enough profession points to choose everything in every tree, and max everything out. Well...then what's the fucking point of having a tree with options, if the end goal is to just fill it up? Reminds me of the artifact weapon in legion. How pointless would the new class talent trees be, if they gave us enough points to just choose everything? Max everything out? Same thing when you put a "tree" into a profession system.

But probably the worst part of this is how everything is split into different qualities. This makes ZERO sense.

I was excited to enchant my rings the other day after finally leveling Enchanting. Done. Someone inspects me and asks why my rings aren't enchanted. Ummm..they are. They then agreed they were, but they asked me why I chose the "lowest one". The lowest one? WTF does that mean? Now I learn that there are different qualities of enchants! I finally learn what these stupid stars, squares, and symbols mean. I enchanted my rings with 64 haste. I find out, the best enchant is 82 haste. I couldn't believe it. It is not at all clear how I make my enchanting enchant at 82 instead of 64. So I ended up buying 2 scrolls off the AH for the 82 haste. Un-fucking-believable that I am an enchanter, I leveled to 81/100 so far, and I can't enchant my own gear...that I have to buy scrolls of the AH. I already learned how to enchant my rings with haste, but I have to learn it two more times just to get the version (82 haste) that everyone will use? To me this is nothing more than another pointless and un-fun attempt to drag things out for sake of keeping players strung along.

I am just shocked. Just...shocked at how bad this is.

This is reason #1543 why Classic is better than Retail. There was none of this bullshit back in the day. Everything was clear then and everything just worked. I'm trying really hard to like Dragonflight, but the profession system is ungodly bad. At least they fixed it so I can have the profession and AH windows open at once. Intern level insight there to see that one.
    Last edited by ablib; 2023-06-02 at 10:39 PM.

Not really confused but i am annoyed at how they work right now, you either dedicate 3 months of your life to grind points to be able to make gold(spam trade) or they are completely useless and used for some 0-25 point thing you need like flask specialization for 60min flasks or less malfunctions on engineering stuff.
    This is probably one of the few things id like to have timegating/catchup + a 30 day respec timer or something and make it so people specialize more into certain things instead of all of the things, also ways to earn gold with them without spamming trade chat.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    They just seem so pointless. In theory someone else can just make you everything you need. I have no real incentive besides lazyness to level them.
    It's June and this is honestly more true than ever. I started leveling cooking, engineering, enchanting and alchemy on a couple of toons but soon realized it was far easier to just buy things pre-made from the AH and sell the mats from gathering professions.

Every expansion they have to fuck something majorly up. Imo, profession overhaul is this expansion's turd. At first it seemed fun, but after 1 or 2 months of doing my weekly knowledge quests, and the awful slow progression I simply gave up and let others do it while I sell all my mats and end up with more gold AND save a bunch of time. It really seems to be a requirement in modern WoW to build at least one overly convoluted system that sucks all the fun out of the aspect of the game. Congratulation, mission accomplished.

And I haven't even talked about the work-order system, which is the mini-turd of the profession system. Another awfully designed system.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2023-06-05 at 10:58 AM.

Professions evolve, and so does Structural Consultancy. Innovative engineering, sustainable designs, and cutting-edge technology continue to shape this vital field, ensuring safer and more resilient built environments.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Emm yes? Profs are specific to expansion since WoD or smth. This isnt changed in that area.

Imo profs are too much gated. System order doesnt work well. I mean idea and early days were good now its dead land.
    Don't forget that raw material is always released so that players can evaluate the shortcomings and fix them, but sometimes it can take too much time