Mercenaries, bounty hunters and privateers in Warcraft ?

What is the place and importance of bounty hunters, mercenaries and privateers in Warcraft universe ?

What are the best places to look for and find these hired knives and guns in Azeroth and the Outland ? How common are bounties in Azeroth ?

And which organisation and races and nations are the most likely to become and/or to make use of mercenaries, bounty hunters and/or privateers for which uses ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Warcraft is full of bounty hunters, mercenaries, and privateers. Generally speaking, independent third-party organizations like the various goblin cartels, the Venture Company, and related groups are the top providers of mercenaries and bounty hunters. Knights of the Ebon Blade are also essentially mercenaries farmed out to the Horde and Alliance - their first allegiance being to the Ebon Blade, with a secondary one to their parent faction according to race. There's a similar set-up for the Illidari Demon Hunters, albeit a lot looser due to the informality of the Illidari structure (and most Demon Hunters being decidedly independent operators). Danath Trollbane himself started as a mercenary captain in the Stromgarde Militia.

Privateers would be most often found in the hierarchies of maritime nations like Kul Tiras and Zandalar, not to mention Azeroth's many unofficial pirate nations such as the Bloodsail Buccaneers or the Fogsail Freebooters.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Brother in the Light, you are literally playing a mercenary/bounty hunter/privateer as your main character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    Brother in the Light, you are literally playing a mercenary/bounty hunter/privateer as your main character.
    Well, you were back in the days before WoD - but with the advent of WoD, it would appear the PC as "the Champion" is now a more or less official part of either the Alliance or Horde's military hierarchy.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Booty Bay is an inspiration to me that hasn't been realized just yet regardingmy ideas on "independent factions.
    But I agree with "Fistfighter" above. You're technically a mercenary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever I play my tauren hunter, I listen to the Mandalorian theme and imagine that I'm a bounty hunter.