Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    We already know there is atleast 2 more cinematics to come, one that was already leaked, in the coming campaign quest.
    Got link to the other one? I couldnt see/find it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Meh. Still better than the N'Zoth cinematic.
    I honestly don't think WoW will ever reach those depths again. they'd have to try to be that bad.

I don't play WoW anymore so I don't have the context to know about the cinematic, but seems pretty standard ending and thats fine. :P

Also, fuck every time I look at the Dracthyr I cringe, they truly are one of the worst models in game. why couldn't we get Draconids instead of these horrible goofy looking things.
    Last edited by Orby; 2023-05-10 at 07:48 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    We already know there is atleast 2 more cinematics to come, one that was already leaked, in the coming campaign quest.
    No? Marlamin said there's just 1 pre-rendered cinematic and it's the world tree. We won't get anything other than that.
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

Honestly i did not expect more. You get a bit void foreshadowing an that is it.
    Enough for a middle expansion raid.
    Drakthyr story is finsihed now basically.
    Wrathion and Sabellion will probably get finisihed in 10.1.3 (5?)

Everytime they put lorestuff behind endbosses, people complain. Now there is basically nothing except some read eyes and people are still bitchy^^

I am only annoyed that they completly got rid of those amazing BFA Cinematics and now apparantly even the normal ingame prerendered ones...

Honestly the fact this patch actually has a solid plot overall is more important than the ending cinematic.

I'm more interested on the final campaign chapter.

it looks absolutely alright

it's a mid tier raid, we don't need an icecrown lvl cinematic

also, wrathion and sabelian just standing there looking disappointed is somehow very funny to me

There was no need for a cinematic here. They only do them for when it makes sense in the story (i.e. Incarnates breaking free in prison). This guy just dies. I think people just expected more because raz was the first ever first raid endboss of an expansion to receive a pre-render cinematic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I'm hoping there's something of an in-game denouement following this cutscene where Wrathion and Sabellian discuss or at least talk about Sarkareth's fate and their experiences within Aberrus as concerns both of their viewpoints on Neltharion's legacy. I was fine with the cutscene itself, I didn't expect anything protracted or drawn out, even the presence of a cutscene itself was kind of a bonus in a mid-expansion raid like this. I don't think Sarkareth was really a strong character, unfortunately - but he made a good mirror against which Wrathion and Sabellian to compare themselves, seeing where desperation and obsession could take them in the end.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I do hope we will get some more cinematics/information about where 10.2 will be heading. Normally after a raid we can see which direction its headed.

I think we will be getting a clearer view on where we go next after the final campaign chapter. Also there is a dev update thingy on thursday

The thing is this isn't a problem because it's connected with the story that released with this week AND the story told in the raid. If people were paying attention the goal of Abberus was to show that the Legacy of Neltharion starts with corruption and ends with death. It's the end of a cycle. Pay attention to the details in the cinematic. The facial expressions of Wrathion and Sabellion tell a lot.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    But something actually happens after she dies (the Incarnates are freed) to focus on. For the N'zoth and Zovaal one, they just die and that's it.
    At least with Zovaal we got some dialogue that felt like it was supposed to mean something. This is.... just... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    it looks absolutely alright

it's a mid tier raid, we don't need an icecrown lvl cinematic

also, wrathion and sabelian just standing there looking disappointed is somehow very funny to me
    They're not disappointed. They realize what Ebyssian said was true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Meh. Still better than the N'Zoth cinematic.
    Better than the Jailer cinematic too.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The longer this story goes on, the more I think Ebyssian is the true eventual candidate for future Earth-Warder and Aspect. Wrathion and Sabellian are both simply too flawed, and too limited, to really claim the mantle in the end. I know some people also think Emberthal is in the running, but I don't think one of the dracthyr can really qualify to become an Aspect by dint of not being a true dragon. I could be proven wrong, of course, but using the past precedent I'd say Ebyssian is the true candidate.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

They have been pushing the "Ebyssian is better then Wrathion and Sabellian" angle really hard this entire patch.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I mean of course he is, that way the players who chose one or the other don't feel their guy "lost." Kind of a copout but whatever!
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    I mean of course he is, that way the players who chose one or the other don't feel their guy "lost." Kind of a copout but whatever!
    Works for me, as I didn't think either Wrathion or Sabellian were good candidates, to begin with. Ebyssian sort of took himself out of the running by saying he didn't want to be the Aspect, but given how immature and intractable the other two have been across Dragonflight I think he's really the only valid choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still feel that Adamanthia is the dark horse candidate for black dragon aspect. According to lore, she is motherly, kind, and incredibly intelligent. I wonder if the reason Ebyssian frees her is because there is no other candidate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I still feel that Adamanthia is the dark horse candidate for black dragon aspect. According to lore, she is motherly, kind, and incredibly intelligent. I wonder if the reason Ebyssian frees her is because there is no other candidate.
    Wasn't Adamanthia basically locked into torture/stasis for thousands of years? Her original personality may have been altruistic and protective of her charges, but as per WoW precedent she may have lapsed into brutal insanity much like Umbrelskul over the intervening millennia.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Honestly i did not expect more. You get a bit void foreshadowing an that is it.
    Enough for a middle expansion raid.
    Drakthyr story is finsihed now basically.
    Wrathion and Sabellion will probably get finisihed in 10.1.3 (5?)

Everytime they put lorestuff behind endbosses, people complain. Now there is basically nothing except some read eyes and people are still bitchy^^

I am only annoyed that they completly got rid of those amazing BFA Cinematics and now apparantly even the normal ingame prerendered ones...
    It’s not a middle expansion raid but you do you.