Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Dragonflight is NOT part of some form of trilogy, but yes, Expansions CAN be a part of a larger story as they progress. I doubt we'll deal with the Void Lords anytime soon, and them being the next main threat would imo be a waste.
    No one knows for sure yet, but I maintain that it it part of a trilogy.

Cataclysm and Dragonflight share so many elements, it's almost comical. Borderline A New Hope and The Force Awakens situation.

- Twilight's Hammer Cult / Primalist Cult.
    - Void influence in the background.
    - The Dragon Aspects.
    - Big focus on the Black Flight.
    - Elements and some form of "elemental lord", including cases of non-elementals becoming transformed.
    - World tree plays a role.

The list goes on.

Since the other expansions, except for MoP, all seem to be part of trilogies, it makes sense that these two are as well.

It also makes a lot of sense that Blizzard is cycling through the bad cosmic forces of Disorder, Death and Shadow.

Outside of Death, the other 5 Forces haven't really been explored much at all...

Even Disorder is extremely unknown to us.
    Disorder was represented by its main form of magic, Fel magic, and the Burning Legion.

Shadow was represented by Old Gods and the Void, but because it is manipulative in its nature and works in the background, we saw it mostly through its agents such as Deathwing, Sarkareth, and the cults.

They are definitely thinking about fleshing out Fel/the Nether some more with the idea of Zereth Tumult. Just the idea that the force is seemingly produced by something and MAY have an organic pantheon (as opposed to the manufactured/Ordered Legion that Sargeras made) is enough new wiggle room for them to explore Demons further beyond the Legion.
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2023-05-11 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I actually feel like a dumbass for not realizing this, but Vakthros is LITERALLY a "mage tower" (at least with the Arcane connection) and it would explain the "class weapons" that have been datamined this patch. Vakthros would make perfect sense as the Mage Tower 2.0 location and the class themed weapons are likely the reward.

- - - Updated - - -

Unrelated to Vakthros but Blizzard really nailed it with the breaking up of characters for flights and patch focus. People won't shut the hell up about the Black Dragon group and it's smart to focus on them specifically this patch while the other patches will probably all deal with a specific flight: it means the same characters won't be spammed every chapter like BFA and Shadowlands.

Though it seems likely the Red will be shafted and the Blue won't get a specific patch. But I would love to be proven wrong and 10.3 is Red vs Decay.
    If Decay is related to Galakrond and Yogg Saron then I do believe the final patch will be Red and Green in the Dream fighting against a decay infused Iridikron behind has absorbed Galakrond’s essence.

Could harken back to the DK scenario in Legion in which DK’s invaded the Ruby Sanctum as well as that DK in Drustvar in BfA fighting against the red flight. I know Zovaal was influencing Bolvar via the helm but a plot point could also be raised that Yogg was also influencing the DK’s via saronite - with this particular point being a point of contention in a red vs decay story.

Quick prediction before tonight's expected blog post reveal of patch 10.1.5:

The roadmap says it'll arrive in the summer (notably the only patch listed in the summer), and will contain a megadungeon, world events, and content & systems updates.

• Release date is in June or July.
    • We do know of some additional features which have been mentioned in dev interviews. For example, they'll tweak some legacy raids to make them more accessible, and give Shadowlands Raid Finder a solo queue.
    • Additional class/race combos are made available, this time focusing on Warlocks and Shaman.
    • Small cosmetic additions to existing races.
    • Megadungeon is about the Bronze flight and has a large emphasis on saving them from themselves (Chromie and Nozdormu notable characters), with cool jumps through time and space included and wicked rewards from all over the timeways.
    • World events will feature anomalies leaking out into our world from the timeways, so we'll have to stop them and fix things.
    • Naturally, lotts of updates to the UI, classes, and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Cool. Then last minute predictions:
    My predictions:

- Temporal Conflux Megadungeon
    - An event setup similar to Primal Storms throughout old Azeroth that instead deals with time-based conflicts. Perhaps a void Garrosh who won or stuff like that.
    - Heritage Armor quests featuring the Forsaken & Night Elves in preparation for a new World Tree.
    - Warlocks available to all races
    - A handful of new customizations
    - A new item for cross-faction guilds. Maybe the ability to queue for LFD or LFR cross-faction?

Yeah, but the Burning Legion is just that, an armada of Demons that was created by a being of Order infused with Disorderly Magics. There could be far more to the Nether than we know.

- - - Updated - - -

And yeah, Shadow is represented by that, but the Void is more than just the Old Gods and Azeroth, and their reach clearly expands beyond just the Old Gods, Sarkareth, etc. I wouldn't be shocked if they fuck with Life and Order a couple more times in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Death is the first Cosmic Domain we've fully entered and explored in any major fashion. And only NOW, assuming we're going to it fully in 10.2, are seeing much of the Dream and seeing a slight BIT, if only just a BIT, of the greater Cosmic Domain of Life in general.
    I never said that the Burning Legion, for example, was the be-all and end-all of Disorder. But it has been Blizzard's way of representing that cosmic force.

There's also the fact that the cosmology chart and all that extra nonsense they added in Shadowlands wasn't really mature yet around the time of WoD and Legion's development, when they started concluding these "trilogies" as I call them. Had Legion been released today, we might've seen something similar to Shadowlands. I'm glad we didn't, though. Visiting Outland, Draenor and Mac'Aree worked so much better than going to some magical (yet technological) seat of creation inside a spirit realm.

Quick thought: I wonder if the blog post will be more than just 10.1.5 focused. It's meant to discuss what's coming next for the expansion I think? Could just be a general update to the Roadmap, with some additional details about 10.1.5 but also a few clues about what to expect in 10.1.7 and 10.2.

For example, they could add "Night Elf & Undead Heritage Armor" to the 10.1.7 listing tonight, to keep us excited for what's ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Quick thought: I wonder if the blog post will be more than just 10.1.5 focused. It's meant to discuss what's coming next for the expansion I think? Could just be a general update to the Roadmap, with some additional details about 10.1.5 but also a few clues about what to expect in 10.1.7 and 10.2.

For example, they could add "Night Elf & Undead Heritage Armor" to the 10.1.7 listing tonight, to keep us excited for what's ahead.
    I'd love to see them do something similar to the Argus tease that they did back in Legion. Just a small last minute image or hint at something coming in 10.2 to make us excited for where the story is going.

A screenshot of a frozen Emerald Dream could bring a lot of hype.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post

I mean they need to do a some kind of announcement if 10.3 is a thing and so for whatever is going on in 2024 for WoW. That is assuming they are doing the road map thing again.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    I'd love to see them do something similar to the Argus tease that they did back in Legion. Just a small last minute image or hint at something coming in 10.2 to make us excited for where the story is going.

A screenshot of a frozen Emerald Dream could bring a lot of hype.
    Yeah agreed.

10.1.5 details.

10.1.7 general outline of what features to expect (no lore spoilers though).

10.2 just an image at the end of the post.

I'm sure 10.1.7 will spoil the heck out of what 10.2 is about anyway, but we'll have to wait all the way to September for 10.1.7 which is kind of long.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I mean they need to do a some kind of announcement if 10.3 is a thing and so for whatever is going on in 2024 for WoW. That is assuming they are doing the road map thing again.
    Yeah but I think that could wait until BlizzCon, when 10.2 comes out. The reason being we'll all be so excited with anticipation for what's coming next anyway, so they can easily get away with us knowing nothing for a month or two.

- - - Updated - - -

Cause I know DAMN well that if they're gonna explore the Dream in a more full way, we'll likely need to see HINTS of the greater Domain of Life, as well as Elunes main area, as Azeroth is seemingly just attuned to the Dream.
    I think it'd be neat if they gave us Ysera's city in the Dream as the main hub for 10.2. A big, fluffy city full of sunshine, greenery, trees, strange circles in the grass, nature magic, and stuff.

Knowing Blizzard, the actual place we'll fight the enemy in will probably be pretty barren and depressing, so at least the hub could be nice. Heart of the Dream.

Article up, Fractures in Time.

Megadungeon is infinite based, Dawn of the Infinite.

Third evoker spec, Augmentation.

Dawn of the Infininite mega dungeon has you facing Iridikron and Galakrond.

Warlocks expanded to other races. yes, Draenei included. New imp customization.
    Last edited by Kiivar86; 2023-05-11 at 05:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mega Mythic Dungeon. Ok, cool and apparently....Iridakron?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Holy cow, this update seems massive for a .5.

Dragonriding in KALIMDOR?

Bunch of new updates to Warlocks?

Damn!

7+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit, they really are getting a third spec.

- - - Updated - - -

The Warlock Class Expands to New Races

In the Fractures in Time content update, the Warlock class will become available to Night Elves, Draenei, Lightforged Draenei, Pandaren, Kul Tiran, Tauren, Highmountain Tauren, Mag’har Orcs, and Zandalari Trolls.

Warlocks will also be able to undertake a new quest line starting with the quest "Beginning Impositions,” which will unlock a new imp pet customization. Players will also be able to visit the Barbershop to customize their pets.
    Holy shit.

Formerly known as Arafal

Oh god, they really hate logs. I guess ranking is really dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    New evoker spec?!? Wow! It's like an actual buffing class. Time will tell whether this will work and/or if this was a better idea than a tank spec, but kudos for bringing out such a surprise.

Dungeon looks pretty cool, though seeing that Iridikron is listed as a boss is a bit of a surprise.

7+ Year Old Account
    We'll face Galakrond and Iridikron:
    The Infinite Dragonflight, long-standing enemies of the Bronze dragonflight, have worked hard to see their ultimate goal of triggering the transformation of Nozdormu, the Aspect of Time, into Murazond. This eight-boss Mythic-only mega-dungeon will take players across the timeways to stop the Infinite Dragonflight from succeeding. You’ll face Iridikron and Galakrond, among others, as you work to sustain Azeroth’s timeline and put things to rights once more.

Formerly known as Arafal

Whoa, did they just rename Murozond into Murazond, or was that always the case?