Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post

Looks like regular ol' Iridikron is the final? boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe Galakrond isn't a real boss? I can kind of see why.
    Is that Iridikon standing in front of..... himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    This definitely opens up so much speculation. You cannot just add ONE supporter spec into the mix. Sure you start with one to check if it works (and if it doesn't they can always turn it into a more conventional dps with strong support elements like an Enhancement shaman). But if the experiment is successful, I absolutely could see 2-3 classes getting an additional spec that works as support. I'd say Shaman and Paladin are obvious choices and I could see them touching on some of the pures like e.g. a Bard spec for Rogues.

I am guessing the PTR will go live with just Augmentation for at least a couple of weeks.
    I can see Bard appearing in some way but otherwise? I don't see how supporter really fits into many of the existing classes that already heal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Is that Iridikon standing in front of..... himself?
    That's Chromie.

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    Ebyssian is so annoying this patch.
    I'm ready for his inevitable death and sacrifice to save wrathion from Sabellian. Yeah both want the aspect power but Sabellian is....he's just a dick

It is cool we're basically seeing Galakrond's undecayed corpse. Like, we're seeing the Dragon, but right after his death.

night elf fucking warlocks. seething, coping, malding.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    they'll tweak some legacy raids to make them more accessible
    Maybe they will finally fix the Siege of Orgrimmar gate bug after a decade?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Thanks.

Dragonriding in Kalimdor, nice. Will it apply to all continents?

It is very disappointing to hear the Black Dragon powers will not be used for a tank spec, but another damage spec. The animations look cool, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Oooo facing Galakrond!! I love that!!!
    Looks like it's in Northrend so it could be his dead body.

Doubt we kill him.
    I can see Iridrikon sacrificing himself for the success of the Incarnates' plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Evil Chromie is a thing btw:
    Hopefully Chromie is not Eternus. Still makes no sense.

So, it looks like Iridikron is probably going to eat some of Galakrond and become a Decay Monster to attack the Dream. I know this has been theorized several times but why else would Iridikron be here?

Soooooo.... Vyranoth? Maybe its a swerve and Vyranoth is the final boss after all?
    Could be Vyranoth and Fyrakk together. A fire and ice themed fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    So I guess the Iridikiron we fight is gonna be PAST Iridikiron, unless he somehow allied with the infinite.
    Perhaps he is trying to take out one of his archenemies, the Dragon Aspects, by turning Nozdormu into Murozond. If Iridrikon and Nozdormu are taken out of the picture, then it's two Incarnates vs three Aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Galakrond seems to be alive in this screenshot:

So, maybe he'll just be a boss mechanic in Iridikrons encounter.
    From the looks of it, only his head can be seen, so he might be fought like the Elder Dragons Jormag and Primordus from GW2. That would be quite a shame. The Elder Dragons in GW2 were gargantuan but the engine had a short draw distance and usually could not render their entire bodies without the devs resorting to trickery like shrinking players down to 1/10th of their normal size to maintain scale, which GW2 only did for a scripted Kralkatorik fight.

WoW's engine is capable of a far greater draw distance so it should be able to do a full sized Galakrond fight, provided that WoW's designers and programmers are able to work out how to actually fight him. Ie, colission on his body so you can run around on top of him Kralkatorik (or a grander Spine of Deathwing), or give players platforms around him with which to fly to and attack him on like against the Mouth of Mordremoth (or a grander Madness of Deathwing with mounts).

Imagine a phase where you are chasing Galakrond to the next fight location on your dragonriding mount, dodging stuff he throws at you!

Quote Originally Posted by guro-tchai View Post
    night elf fucking warlocks. seething, coping, malding.
    I mean, the Shen'dralar very much were warlocks.

You cannot just add ONE supporter spec into the mix.
    Like we said a year ago, Feral has been a "low" dps spec for over *a decade* so its definitely possible. And culturally, the game needs more specs that might parse low but are desirable for other reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    It is cool we're basically seeing Galakrond's undecayed corpse. Like, we're seeing the Dragon, but right after his death.
    Weve seen his corpse/bones for years. All we get now is basically the same thing, with an updated model. Nothing really new about it. Its not even a reveal of his updated look, since that already happened in both the artbook and the aspect video.

If its truly just his corpse in the background, it would be just dissapointing.
    Last edited by Houle; 2023-05-11 at 06:41 PM.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

I think my biggest disappointment so far is, unless the press kit is a very limited view of the dungeon, a good chunk of it seems to be floating platforms.

With Iridikron being a boss here, I wonder if the Primalist Future was actually a hint that Vyranoth takes over in the end?
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2023-05-11 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Like we said a year ago, Feral has been a "low" dps spec for over *a decade* so its definitely possible. And culturally, the game needs more specs that might parse low but are desirable for other reasons.
    While I agree that several specs could be converted, after Survival I'd be very wary of doing that if I was a Blizzard dev.

- - - Updated - - -

I think my biggest disappointment so far is, unless the press kit is a very limited view of the dungeon, a good chunk of it seems to be floating platforms.

With Iridikron being a boss here, I wonder if the Primalist Future was actually a hint that Vyranoth takes over in the end?
    Yeah it seems it's random assets on top of the existing assets from Thaldraszus. Given how much effort went into Tazavesh and the second half of Mechagon, this seems underwhelming.

I would have prefered some type of encounter with Galakrond but based on the scale in those images I can understand going this route.

Still am hoping to fight Sargeras soon...

At least they have a couple ways now of dealing with his size.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Lightforged Warlocks lol.
    Yeah, that one makes absolutely zero sense.

Yeah it seems it's random assets on top of the existing assets from Thaldraszus. Given how much effort went into Tazavesh and the second half of Mechagon, this seems underwhelming.
    I can understand it. Every single one of these megadungeons, even Kara, has been half reused content(or content used for something else, like Mechagon Isle) and half new stuff meant solely for the dungeon. That on top of 2 to possibly 3 new zones (and the Dream may even be multiple zones) this expansion.

I just was hoping for some interior stuff to the Bronze area as opposed to floating platforms. The time theme meant reused stuff was going to happen, I just don't like the style of it all that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    So… Iridikron being a boss in the dungeon means the likelihood of him not being a raid boss (or end boss for any particular raid) is pretty good?

Looking more likely Murozond will be the true expansion’s antagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Yeah, that one makes absolutely zero sense.
    Lightforged zealots so obsessed with their fight that they tap into forbidden powers to win. There you have your explanation. They can justify it easily in a number of ways. I am glad that they are following this path, they have to get rid of past restrictions and start to do everything account wide and more accessible. About time.

BTW, can we just agree that it has never been a better time to play WoW? I really hope that this is not just their last push to the game to see if it becomes the beast that it was before. I am pretty sure that 11.0 will also get this patch content support being the 10th expansion and the 20th anniversary of the game, so at least we will have 4 years of continuous support for the game unless something really bad happens, which makes me extremely happy.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    So… Iridikron being a boss in the dungeon means the likelihood of him not being a raid boss (or end boss for any particular raid) is pretty good?
    No reason why a boss can't be fought multiple times. Could be past Iridikron, or it could be present Iridikron and he escapes once his health reaches 50%.

Btw I really, really hope she is not called Morchie in game.

Btw I really, really hope she is not called Morchie in game.
    "Chromie-Morchie_Concept.jpg"

While not definite, that seems likely, sorry to say.