Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Dragonriding on old mounts confirmed!!

https://www.wowhead.com/news/dragonr...-styles-332944

It's over, y'all, the Higjland Drake was fun but I'm never abandoning my Obsidian Worldbreaker again.

And now activate normal flying on the dragon isles and everybody can pick the flying form that they like.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    And now activate normal flying on the dragon isles and everybody can pick the flying form that they like.
    That is coming aswell. It's 2 toggle buffs, Dynamic Flying is Dragonriding, Static Flying is old flying. Top of the same thread that OP linked.

Oh whoa.
    I didn't expect it THIS EARLY. I thought it was coming in 11.0 or in the final patch of Dragonflight. I am especially loving the old mounts being able to fly - also didn't expect that to happen so soon, and with so many mounts.

This is some great news, now just add some actual reason for me to want Dragon Ride in the old zones (REVAMP)

But I am looking forward to finishing some races in the old world, sounds exciting.

I hope Cloud Serpents get dynamic flying enabled, maybe with tweaked Slitherdrake animations?

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I hope this means they can finally rework Dracthyr’s Soar to work with all dragonriding mechanics.
    (It already gets the buff to recharge vigor when you’re going fast enough so idk how hard it’d be$

I also hope the toggle would also work for Dracthyr. I’d like to fly traditionally with Soar too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I hope Cloud Serpents get dynamic flying enabled, maybe with tweaked Slitherdrake animations?
    Could still come later. These are the obvious easy picks, since we already have a Drake and Protodragon for Dragonriding. (The birds listed all use Protodragon animations)

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    That is coming aswell. It's 2 toggle buffs, Dynamic Flying is Dragonriding, Static Flying is old flying. Top of the same thread that OP linked.
    Huhh, took long enough. I'm not paying a single cent until it's back

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Let's see how long until you turn on dynamic because static is slow as molasses in comparison.

yeah sure did take long enough to add back shitty flying, enjoy it I guess, all the power to ya, but don't be asking for summons everywhere when everyone makes it to content 3x faster then you.

Odd ones missing there are the DK and Warrior class hall mounts, but super excited to see how this goes

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Let's see how long until you turn on dynamic because static is slow as molasses in comparison.
    Yeah I thought this as well. Gonna get real awkward when everyone else is zooming past you almost 3x as fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecheon View Post
    Odd ones missing there are the DK and Warrior class hall mounts, but super excited to see how this goes
    Well, there was no official word on it yet, so this is likely a work in progress.

Dragon riding would be ok if they got rid of the Vigor bs. Anyone know if they will match the speed of static vs dynamic flying? Big L if you're forced to use dragon riding to get around 3 times as fast.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah sure did take long enough to add back shitty flying, enjoy it I guess, all the power to ya, but don't be asking for summons everywhere when everyone makes it to content 3x faster then you.
    LoL look at all the salty cunts raging. Don't hold your breath, buddy

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTheDoe View Post
    Dragon riding would be ok if they got rid of the Vigor bs. Anyone know if they will match the speed of static vs dynamic flying? Big L if you're forced to use dragon riding to get around 3 times as fast.
    Vigor isn't an issue now, unless you are trying to fly up out of Zalarek Cavern. With all dragonriding glyphs (only takes an hour to grab them) you can just press spacebar and ascend 8 times, far over the ground, and then angle slightly below the horizon towards your destination. Alt+tab out and within a couple minutes you will arrive at your destination. Vigor now only matters on the upward portion of a dragonriding race, and if you are in war mode trying to knock another guy off his mount or avoid being dismounted yourself.

Holding my breath? I don't expect to be done breathing in by the time you cave.

I still remember the guy that complained that they clearly must have secretly nerfed regular flying and that was the reason it felt off going back to it.

This is great to hear. I might finally go back and farm that https://www.wowhead.com/item=104208/reins-of-galakras and the onyxian drake mount in particular.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Vigor isn't an issue now, unless you are trying to fly up out of Zalarek Cavern. With all dragonriding glyphs (only takes an hour to grab them) you can just press spacebar and ascend 8 times, far over the ground, and then angle slightly below the horizon towards your destination. Alt+tab out and within a couple minutes you will arrive at your destination. Vigor now only matters on the upward portion of a dragonriding race, and if you are in war mode trying to knock another guy off his mount or avoid being dismounted yourself.
    Yeah the cavern is the only area I still have to pay attention to vigor charges at this point. The skimming helps a little but is still slower than just hobbling on the ground for a bit then going back up. Hopefully I get used to it over time and find the best gliding spots or just stop forgetting that I have an instant Loamm teleport at all times with those mitts.

I'm also interested to see assuming they eventually allow dragonriding in old zones how well it will mesh with them. I expect a lot more clipping into tree branch hitboxes and terrain in particular so it's good to hear it's some kind of toggle.

I've recently been practicing the "dolphin" approach to gaining absolute max speed using flap then quickly pointing back down and absolutely dominating my old race times. Feels like I'm going to fly off this thing and explode against a mountain when I'm going 1300+% speed.

Last edited by Powerogue; 2023-05-12 at 02:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    I hope this means they can finally rework Dracthyr’s Soar to work with all dragonriding mechanics.
    (It already gets the buff to recharge vigor when you’re going fast enough so idk how hard it’d be$

I also hope the toggle would also work for Dracthyr. I’d like to fly traditionally with Soar too.
    Would be really nice if DHs get something similar too.

- - - Updated - - -

The guy who wouldn't pay a single cent laughing at other's people salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Yeah the cavern is the only area I still have to pay attention to vigor charges at this point. The skimming helps a little but is still slower than just hobbling on the ground for a bit then going back up. Hopefully I get used to it over time and find the best gliding spots or just stop forgetting that I have an instant Loamm teleport at all times with those mitts.
    I think they should make the skimming buff maintain a minimum of speed (around the "perfectly level" speed), so that you can "slide upwards" slopes. That would make it really stellar.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.