Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    This what the enhancement shamans were orgininally supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Bard hopefully next!
    People's obsession with Bard is beyond me. We're warriors and sorcerers fighting wars and people want someone fighting with a guitar and thrilling us with their voices.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    I tried it on the PTR.

It's kinda neat theoretically. Some good ideas. Actually feels like it could be a needed bit of fresh air to group dynamics and dps.

Can easily see them going to go further with it and doing some support stuff on other classes specs (arcane, enhance, disc, 3rd DH spec, stand out as candidates to me)
    Actually the changes are higher that, much like all other classes and their flavour, this third spec will eventually be streamlined into a pure dps spec with no support.

Quote Originally Posted by Epicawesomestmaximus View Post
    All Evokers: a black dragonflight themed tank spec would be sick
    Blizz: best we can do is a weird vanilla enh shammy

And for everyone who still wants bards, no just stop. Other games have it, cool, let it stay in those games. If it ever does come to wow the only iteration that is acceptable is a Mr. Torgue style bard from Tiny Tina's Wonderlands because the game will probably be not too far away from a complete joke anyway at that point.
    Where did all evokers want a tank spec? I main evoker and have always wanted it to be a support spec, as well as many others.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    The spec being DPS support is actually good instead of pure support. This might open up more support class fantasy for other classes
    For example:
    Warrior - Skull banner (like in MoP) Shouts that bolster damage for a short duration
    Paladin - Blessings (or hands I guess) and auras with short duration that do support effects insead of utility
    Shamans with totems detto

On the other hand, making a new spec with support focus might be better option because support spec would have to be "weaker" than pure dps spec to compensate

Gladiator warrior as a support spec could work (shield dps support)
    Templar spec for paladin (Shield dps support)
    We can go wild: Temporal mage (dps spec that supports spellcasters and healers only)
    Or a healer support spec that supports healers (that one would suck in m+ tho)

10+ Year Old Account

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    It almost feels like they're trying their best to avoid fan-made ideas when they come up with this stuff. Black dragons = ...buffing your allies? Since fucking when? And it's a second castery DPS spec too? Black dragons have always been these big, destructive monsters that are tough and tanky. Not to mention all the people who were hoping for a new tank spec to try. It would've fit the idea of black dragons way better as a tank, and they still could've thrown in the whole 'augmentation' thing if they really needed to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AtomR View Post
    People's obsession with Bard is beyond me. We're warriors and sorcerers fighting wars and people want someone fighting with a guitar and thrilling us with their voices.
    You've clearly never played D&D if you don't understand why people want to play a Bard.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post

Do you mean the paladin stuff?
    Pally and Shammy
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

People have been asking for support for years
    Blizzard has been doing it half assed for years as well
    Legion ret
    PI
    Dark intent

This new spec is going to be a decent starting point but you'll still have plenty of people complaining about its output

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really loved playing as an Enchanter in Everquest. This seems to be a comparable spec to that class.

For anyone that hasn't played an Enchanter before, it basically buffed allies and debuffed enemies. Things like haste, mana regen, altering appearance, crippling enemies, etc. etc. Very fun and unique play style. Understandably the WoW version has more offence and ties dps to buffs, similar to dps to heals from the other healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Firann View Post
    I really loved playing as an Enchanter in Everquest. This seems to be a comparable spec to that class.
    The enchanter's strongest abilities were charm (mez), fear and stuns. And admittedly they could be fun at higher levels. (Assuming you reached those levels. The game wasn't friendly in that regard)