Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    then the extra boost doesn't need to be so big. Give normal flying mounts 600% speed.
    "dont boost it much, just twice as fast as it is now" are you even for real? how is that not "big" boost? maybe 50% tops would be not a big boost, 300% is MASSIVE boost...

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Because I only hear these kinds of complaints about dragonriding from "older" players.

"Ageism" is stupid since everyone will (hopefully) get old anyways but at the same time if I'm right and you're 20+ years older than me you probably should know that designing a (somewhat mainstream) video game for people in their 40s would just be really really dumb.

You're still entitled to your opinion obviously but yeah...
    ah, conformation bias - I'm disappointed but not surprised.

its a preference and personality thing.

to give you more context - I'm a druid main with double gathering, and one of my happy moments was getting a mechanized lumber extractor so I can almost feel like a druid on alts when gathering.

77 is when Star wars new hope came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    Really hoping they do.
    There's some absolutely iconic Serpent mounts, like the Astral one, the Sha of Anger one, Mail Muncher or Slime Serpent.
    i think you're the only person i've ever seen who would consider chinese festival dragons as an "iconic" Warcraft mount

this isn't final fantasy dude, we have drakes, gryphons, chimeras and ravens here, that's iconic for Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    "dont boost it much, just twice as fast as it is now" are you even for real? how is that not "big" boost? maybe 50% tops would be not a big boost, 300% is MASSIVE boost...
    I was referring to the speed boost of the dragonriding mounts. No reason why the speed difference should be so big. Increasing the speed of normal mounts would help to right the balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Mine is 79 and I wish Dragonriding would completely replace old flying if there was a toggle to float in place.
    I don't see any reason why they couldn't add an option circle in air in the future. You wouldn't gain any vigor and just be suspended until another action is performed.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I was referring to the speed boost of the dragonriding mounts. No reason why the speed difference should be so big. Increasing the speed of normal mounts would help to right the balance.
    The balance is fine as is.

You can either be engaged and get to your destination 3x faster or AFK and get there at normal speed. No need to reward people for AFK'ing

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I don't see any reason why they couldn't add an option circle in air in the future. You wouldn't gain any vigor and just be suspended until another action is performed.

You can either be engaged and get to your destination 3x faster or AFK and get there at normal speed. No need to reward people for AFK'ing
    How about Blizzard add a minigame to make your character walk? You need to hold W and then tap Q and E, to use left and right leg. The faster you tap, the faster you walk.

I wonder how they'll work with non-conventional mounts, i.e. mounts without wings, such as the love rocket mount and the flying disc.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTheDoe View Post
    How about Blizzard add a minigame to make your character walk? You need to hold W and then tap Q and E, to use left and right leg. The faster you tap, the faster you walk.
    You already have to deal with terrain and mobs when moving on the ground. So that's been a thing from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/dragonr...-styles-332944

It's over, y'all, the Higjland Drake was fun but I'm never abandoning my Obsidian Worldbreaker again.
    I wish they add some sort of diferentes dragonriding for every type of mount, like for shredders or gryphons and each with diferentes strenghts and weaknesses and diferentes abilities and whatnot.

It's not out yet and people complaining that it should match dragonriding xD

you people are so entitled, why do you think the game should cater to you ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    I wish they add some sort of diferentes dragonriding for every type of mount, like for shredders or gryphons and each with diferentes strenghts and weaknesses and diferentes abilities and whatnot.
    sounds like waste of resources and something only 10 ppl care about

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    does it also apply to druid flight form or does it count as a separate thing?
    So far, only legacy mounts that share a skeleton with the current litter of dragonriding mounts have been manually adjusted to have dragonriding enabled.

That includes drakes, proto-drakes, wyverns, pterrordax and possibly cloud serpents? Unlike cloud serpents, the Slitherdrake runs around on its feet while grounded, and so may not share an animation rig with cloud serpents.

In any case, there's no dragonriding mount sharing a skeleton with flight form, so I doubt that'll happen until that skeleton has dragonriding flying animations added to it.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2023-05-13 at 11:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    Ew, definitely not, hard pass.

I would *hate* for my favorite flying gamplay to be locked behind mounts that didnt match my character.

It's bad enough I have to put my Blood Knight on a fucking yak every time I want to transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    So far, only legacy mounts that share a skeleton with the current litter of dragonriding mounts have been manually adjusted to have dragonriding enabled.

That includes drakes, proto-drakes, wyverns, pterrordax and possibly cloud serpents? Unlike cloud serpents, the Slitherdrake has feet, so may not even share a skeleton.

In any case, there's no dragonriding mount sharing a skeleton with flight form, so I doubt that'll happen until that skeleton has dragonriding flying animations added to it.
    Missing limbs aren't really a problem. Extra limbs would be an issue. If a bone doesn't exist, you can just leave out its part of the animation. But if you don't have an animation for a bone, weird stuff happens.

Also, Cloud Serpents do have feet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    I hope this means they can finally rework Dracthyr’s Soar to work with all dragonriding mechanics.
    (It already gets the buff to recharge vigor when you’re going fast enough so idk how hard it’d be$

I also hope the toggle would also work for Dracthyr. I’d like to fly traditionally with Soar too.
    Yeah, it’s pretty dumb that dracthyr are limited in that fashion. I can only guess that they don’t want to give that ability to them because it’s too much for a racial? They should do it regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Missing limbs aren't really a problem. Extra limbs would be an issue. If a bone doesn't exist, you can just leave out its part of the animation. But if you don't have an animation for a bone, weird stuff happens.

Also, Cloud Serpents do have feet.
    Yes, I too love running around on the ground with my cloud serpent mounts. Especially since they definitely don't float at all times.

I've adjusted my original post to placate your need to nit-pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Yes, I too love running around on the ground with my cloud serpent mounts. Especially since they definitely don't float at all times.

I've adjusted my original post to placate your need to nit-pick.
    Not having certain limbs and having a completely different rig is a pretty big difference for exactly the reasons i mentioned.

One of the main reasons I'm glad for the toggle is I feel like trying to dragonride in cluttered old zones not designed for it I'll keep catching on things because of how fast I'm going. I'd actually prefer NOT boosting old flying's speed for that reason.

If they want to buff alternate transport without that being a problem, buff flight point speed. We're already paying. I'd be fine for paying 5x as much per trip to slap a goblin falling flame-powered jet engine to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Yeah I thought this as well. Gonna get real awkward when everyone else is zooming past you almost 3x as fast.
    Nope. I am not going to care. I am going to use static because I love full control. I don't care about other players as they are irrelevant to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Let's see how long until you turn on dynamic because static is slow as molasses in comparison.
    I won't. I don't care about speed. I care about control.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Yeah, I also hope, they'll finally do it. Players wanting flying to be challenging - is one of them biggest Blizzards' misconceptions. Players want opposite - they don't want moving from point A to point B to be challenging.
    YOU want flying to be challenging. That is massive projection of YOUR opinion. There is no "they". Only "You".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lordofbelbol View Post
    It's not out yet and people complaining that it should match dragonriding xD

you people are so entitled, why do you think the game should cater to you ?
    What? You literally had one posters only ASKING if they were going to match speeds. Let's try not to be disingenuous here so you can attack people.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    YOU want flying to be challenging. That is massive projection of YOUR opinion. There is no "they". Only "You".
    I wouldn't use majority/minority argument, as it's strawman argument. I'm not sure. After recent pull we know, that 30% of forum population represents just 1% of playerbase, while 10% of forum population represents at least 60% of playerbase. So, we don't even know, if I'm in minority or actually in majority.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

im perfectly cool with regular flying at 310% speed and the moment its implemented i will consider resubscribing i tried dragonriding and i did not find it enjoyable but its cool if others like it. having 2 options is a yey from me
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?