Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Official Classic Hardcore is Coming

Official Classic Hardcore is Coming
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    As Senior Game Producer Aggrend just confirmed on the Hardcore All-Stars stream, we’ve been working to bring official Hardcore Classic gameplay to WoW Classic. We’ve been very energized by the community’s enthusiasm for Hardcore, watching along with you, and doing a lot of Hardcore play ourselves.

We’ll let you know much more about it soon!

10+ Year Old Account
    pvp would be devastating. Is that something that classic people do?

Only rule they enforce: DEATH = DELETE.

Many people will spam dungeons, trade good gear to their alts, use AH to buy good gear.

I think it's too big of a job for Blizzard to restrict this. But still unfortunate.

Also they announced /makgora duels to the death.

This is stupid.

Blizzard sees X streamers pulling tons of viewers when playing hardcore. Hey EVERYONE will play this.

Reality: When it releases, it will be hyped for a few days, people will see how boring hardcore is and how often you die, because regular joe is terrible at the game or don't want to play it safe and slow. They will leave.

Failed project.

How about making something that will last. hmmm classic plus? Ohhh that requires effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    the only rule that should be in place is Death = Delete.

You want to play Solo, Self Found, No Greens, No Blues, No Dungeons, No Elites, No Vendors, No buying or selling anything? Go for it. Have fun. I'll play my game my way and you can play your game your way.

If Blizzard implements mandatory restrictions based off some stupid addon and what "THE COMMUNITY" wants, nobody will play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Obbi87 View Post
    This is stupid.

Blizzard sees X streamers pulling tons of viewers when playing hardcore. Hey EVERYONE will play this.

Reality: When it releases, it will be hyped for a few days, people will see how boring hardcore is and how often you die, because regular joe is terrible at the game or don't want to play it safe and slow. They will leave.

Failed project.

How about making something that will last. hmmm classic plus? Ohhh that requires effort.
    You mean like Season of Mastery?

Oh...

Wait...
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post

Many people will spam dungeons, trade good gear to their alts, use AH to buy good gear.

I think it's too big of a job for Blizzard to restrict this. But still unfortunate.

it's actually very very easy.
    on character creation, you select what sorts of limitations you want to put on yourself. permadeath, no AH, no trading, etc. each limitation is displayed on inspecting your character as some form of "badge" so other players know your character is valid for that challenge. inside the game, if your character has these flags the game simply doesn't let you use AH, would probably take them less than 2 hours to implement server-side. in fact, most of the work would be UI design etc on the client side to make it cool and visible.

one thing that is probably hard to do without big changes is no grouping up, especially when it's allowed in dungeons but summoning stones are outside. i guess they could put them inside instead, but there are considerations to make.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    the only rule that should be in place is Death = Delete.

You want to play Solo, Self Found, No Greens, No Blues, No Dungeons, No Elites, No Vendors, No buying or selling anything? Go for it. Have fun. I'll play my game my way and you can play your game your way.

If Blizzard implements mandatory restrictions based off some stupid addon and what "THE COMMUNITY" wants, nobody will play.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean like Season of Mastery?

Oh...

Wait...
    SoM was not classic plus. Its just classic with changed stats.

PLUS means a new direction and new content never seen.

try googling Aion classic. Brand new content never seen before. people was hyped.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand hardcore WoW at all, but people sure seem to enjoy doing it. Been watching a little bit of it, and I noticed how often you were notified of someone dying.

I don't know, permadeath just seems rather silly thing to have for a game such as this, where you can get killed by unfortunate disconnects or someone fucking up and pulling half the instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I don't understand hardcore WoW at all, but people sure seem to enjoy doing it. Been watching a little bit of it, and I noticed how often you were notified of someone dying.

I don't know, permadeath just seems rather silly thing to have for a game such as this, where you can get killed by unfortunate disconnects or someone fucking up and pulling half the instance.
    That's when you go on Reddit and REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and beg for an appeal!
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Interesting to see them embracing what will surely be a fleeting desire from the community. It's popular now but this is one of those things that will likely be a total graveyard in a year or so after the hype surrounding it has died down.

Regardless, more ways to enjoy WoW are a net positive for the game as a whole.

people will create a character. people will purposely pull shit to kill everyone. but just play a hunter so pulling shit will be an "accident"

This is stupid.

Failed project.

Oh I dont know.. Classic era HC is poppin off and has been for weeks.. Thing is, there isnt that many big streamers playing it. Its highly community driven and its been going for several years. Now we are at the point were Blizzard aknowledge that and creates a server for it.

And hey - This doesnt need 6 million players at all times. Ofc it wont stay megapopular forever. It will be cool when it launches, then it drips off. As with every god damn game ever created.

But for the classic community and the players there? This is great news.

BTW - They are coming with additional classic news. Something along the lines of SoM/classic+ stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Interesting to see them embracing what will surely be a fleeting desire from the community. It's popular now but this is one of those things that will likely be a total graveyard in a year or so after the hype surrounding it has died down.

Regardless, more ways to enjoy WoW are a net positive for the game as a whole.
    The HC classic thing has been going for well over a year. If anything, Blizzard are very late to the party. As per usual with everything.

It wont be like classic 2019, probably not even close, but its a cool addition to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Well thats why its so fun. The danger & risk lurking behind every corner. All kinds of weird shit can happen. Gotta say though - every level feels so great to accomplish.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand hardcore WoW at all, but people sure seem to enjoy doing it. Been watching a little bit of it, and I noticed how often you were notified of someone dying
    Yeah I dont understand the mythic+ hype at all, so its good they spread out to cover more of their player base.

This is stupid.

Failed project.

Enabling hardcore and rolling out a fresh server requires probably 1% of the effort of developing a mythic raid on retail and it will have a similar if not higher audience (lots of people will roll simply because fresh). How is this stupid again? They see enough interest and finally act on it ... as opposed to refusing classic for so many years which has proven to be a massive success.
    Even if they engage people for 1-2 months, it's still easy money. And the people who want it get what they want to play. Win/Win. The only losers are people like you who can't live with other people getting something they want.
    Last edited by kranur; 2023-05-13 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Oh I dont know.. Classic era HC is poppin off and has been for weeks.. Thing is, there isnt that many big streamers playing it. Its highly community driven and its been going for several years. Now we are at the point were Blizzard aknowledge that and creates a server for it.

And hey - This doesnt need 6 million players at all times. Ofc it wont stay megapopular forever. It will be cool when it launches, then it drips off. As with every god damn game ever created.

But for the classic community and the players there? This is great news.

BTW - They are coming with additional classic news. Something along the lines of SoM/classic+ stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

The HC classic thing has been going for well over a year. If anything, Blizzard are very late to the party. As per usual with everything.

It wont be like classic 2019, probably not even close, but its a cool addition to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Well thats why its so fun. The danger & risk lurking behind every corner. All kinds of weird shit can happen. Gotta say though - every level feels so great to accomplish.
    Your living in a dream world of hype.

Most people will not like to play as HC. They will create a toon, when they die at 1-12 they will leave and quit.

The same reason some people enjoy some dangerous/adrenaline burst stuff like skydiving.
    Big risk is the main point.

Didnt he say there will be unannounced additional rules? I'm with you - auctions, trading and mailing should be restricted in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    The same reason some people enjoy some dangerous/adrenaline burst stuff like skydiving.
    Big risk is the main point.
    Skydiving and playing a video game seem so far off in "BIG" risk to me.

Doing Classic HC on era realms has been so much fun, its no surprise Blizzard caught its interest and its rather easy for them to implement. Still hope to hear about Classic+ anytime soon.

Tbh I think the reason those rules exist could be in part due to the fact that currently it’s a community driven challenge being done on the current live realms.

It would be too easy to get the gear on a non hardcore character, and damn near twink yourself out.

At least with dedicated servers, there’s no doubt that whatever gear you’re trading to an alt was earned on a hardcore character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    Didnt he say there will be unannounced additional rules? I'm with you - auctions, trading and mailing should be restricted in some way.
    I disagree. With everyone forced into hardcore mode on the server, you can be sure whatever gear someone is wearing was earned.

If you get a character to 60, you’ve earned the right to farm deadmines for greens for an alt.