10+ Year Old Account

laptop up to 500 dollars

Im looking for a solid laptop mainly for gaming up to 500 dollar price.

Currently im using a 9 year old Dell, dont know the model. Yday it kinda died, because i turned it off while dowloading Windows update and now BSOD is appearing when trying to turn it on
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, you wont find anything amazing for that price, but it would definitely be better than your old one for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

If you can spend any more at all there is this deal going on right now.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08YRZ2LLJ...osi&th=1&psc=1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    Im looking for a solid laptop mainly for gaming up to 500 dollar price.

Currently im using a 9 year old Dell, dont know the model. Yday it kinda died, because i turned it off while dowloading Windows update and now BSOD is appearing when trying to turn it on
    As said before, for that price you won't find anything good for gaming. But if you spend just 50$ you can take your computer to a store and ask them to reformat your computer, windows is dead, but the computer is most likely alive.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, what does the BSOD say? Can you go to the computer bios?

10+ Year Old Account
    at first it was like '1initialization failure' or something like that

now when its constant loop of restarting itself it says '01000145' or smth

and i cant go to bios, dont know why. been pressing f2 and f12, also with FN button on the laptopt, but neither works

10+ Year Old Account

and i cant go to bios, dont know why. been pressing f2 and f12, also with FN button on the laptopt, but neither works
    When does the BSOD apear, at windows start up, or before? Can you enter the computer bios?

- - - Updated - - -

If you can't go to the bios try removing all memory except one, try removing the GPu and boot with the integrated GPU.

Didn't you had a thread asking for a memory upgrade. If you did the upgrade that is the 1st thing to check.

You could also try to reset the bios, there should be a jumper to do that in your mobo.

10+ Year Old Account
    that memory upgrade was for my stationary pc. this thread is about my laptop

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can't boot in the bios, than its the memory, the mobo or the GPU, to make it worst its a laptop which makes things even worst to diagnose.

The issue points out to corrupted windows update process but hardware problems are not excluded. You can take it to some local computer repair shop but I don't think if its worth for a 9y old laptop.

As for a a budget gaming laptop the cheapest one you can get is probably the Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 series that comes with Ryzen 5 5600H, 8GB RAM, 256GB nvme SSD and GTX1650 for ~ $650, RAM and SSD are upgradeable. Not bad for e-sports titles but it is very loud. Cheaper than that you are looking at laptops with APU that arent good for gaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    what about laptops up to 1200 dollars? (im actually not from US, just converting my currency so u can understand better)
    if i shell out more will i get something significantly better? i heard they announced end of support date recently for windows 10, and currently not all cpus are supported for win 11

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    If you can spend any more at all there is this deal going on right now.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08YRZ2LLJ...osi&th=1&psc=1

that 41% discount is nice, but it has only 8gb RAM and 256 HDD. thats really bad, no? maybe i shouldnt expect 32gb of RAM like on a stationary PC, but 16GB should be minimum, i also more disc memory and preferably SSD

what about laptops up to 1200 dollars? (im actually not from US, just converting my currency so u can understand better)
    if i shell out more will i get something significantly better? i heard they announced end of support date recently for windows 10, and currently not all cpus are supported for win 11

---

that 41% discount is nice, but it has only 8gb RAM and 256 HDD. thats really bad, no? maybe i shouldnt expect 32gb of RAM like on a stationary PC, but 16GB should be minimum, i also more disc memory and preferably SSD
    Any specific reason why you want a gaming laptop? Unless you travel a lot or you are limited with space getting a desktop PC is way better.

As for those budget laptops, I bought the Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 which has almost the same specs as the MSI one and upgraded RAM to 16GB and added another SSD( it had extra room for one).

All CPUs from Intel 8000 series (8th gen) and above and Ryzen 2000 series (2nd gen) and above have support for Windows 11.

Where are you located? We can usually browse your local sites and see what is available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Where are you located? We can usually browse your local sites and see what is available.
    poland. heres a website sorted with prices descending. 5000 zloty is 1200 dollars

500 dollars will not get you any gaming laptop unless your country has very low prices + a great deal/clearance. For 500 you can however buy a used gaming laptop.

Don't get something with less than a gtx 1650, and hopefully more like a 2060. And I wouldn't want less than 16GB ddr4, with like a 3-4 year old CPU skew. In Denmark you can sort of buy gaming entry laptops for like 700.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO