Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

So someone says he is going Maldraxxus

Again blizz likes to never admit how they fucked up lore real hard in SL, and they still don't give a fuck about it
    In new zone, someone is yelling he is going Maldraxxus while doing, isn't - according to their own piece of shit SL lore - he supposed first goes to Arbiter so he gets judged THEN he will move to one of many realms, heck we officially lore-wise didn't see most of afterlife zones, we only saw a brief of it
    So beside throwing a line to disgust us lore fans about that crime of SL story was to overall lore, how does it work exactly? Do u now see ur fate before being judged?
    Can we just shit on SL lore as it deserves and forget it in our toilet under our shit and be over with it like how they treated WoD lore?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

While i wouldn't have phrased it that way... Yeah, I hate SL and wish they would just forget about it, nothing about its handling makes sense.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Can we just shit on SL lore as it deserves and forget it in our toilet under our shit and be over with it like how they treated WoD lore?
    One of the themes of Shadowlands was how it didn't seem to make sense that you could be separated from your loved ones so the new Arbiter was more lenient about who would and could go where when they died. There is sense in the lore but that still doesn't mean it's good lore. Also kind of hard to forget when more people keep making threads to trash on it more.

If memory serves, Pelagos' stance when he was crowned was more of a "I'll consider where they want to go and weigh it with the other stuff" kind of thing.

That said, bit of an assumption to think it meant they actually went to Maldraxxus though. If you think about it, all that line indicates is that they know it exists (which is possible, considering we've seen Maldraxxian characters appear on Azeroth before, and they're capable of forming words with their mouths) and that they thought they deserved to go there. (also possible, given people are allowed to believe what they want, even if it's not likely or true)
    confirmed by my uncle nitnendo and masahiro samurai

Again blizz likes to never admit how they fucked up lore real hard in SL, and they still don't give a fuck about it
    In new zone, someone is yelling he is going Maldraxxus while doing, isn't - according to their own piece of shit SL lore - he supposed first goes to Arbiter so he gets judged THEN he will move to one of many realms, heck we officially lore-wise didn't see most of afterlife zones, we only saw a brief of it
    So beside throwing a line to disgust us lore fans about that crime of SL story was to overall lore, how does it work exactly? Do u now see ur fate before being judged?
    People went to the Shadowlands and probably some information has gotten to Azeroth about its realms.
    If someone thinks they would go to Maldraxxus they can yell that but that doesn't mean they are. As you said, the Arbiter will judge them and then they may or may not go there.

I don't know why this is so hard for people to understand.
    A peanut could get it.

SL lore is the lore of the current afterlife system for EVERYONE, whether you like it or not.
    WoD lore was an alternate dimension with no relation to Azeroth or anything else, as soon as we were done there it literally cannot affect our timeline or world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    WoD lore was an alternate dimension with no relation to Azeroth or anything else, as soon as we were done there it literally cannot affect our timeline or world.
    except WoD u can even check right now Archimonde page demons are 'one and same' across all realities meaning that our timeline KJ is same as AU KJ, but AU KJ didn't act like he knew what will happen since u meet AU KJ 15 years earlier (again they are one and same), and u have socrathar who was a normal draenei who turned demon during our adventure in WoD so when he became demon did he just merge with MU Socrathar (and if that happen, why he acts literally like different entity), and lastly we have confirmed that titans are different so that means that Sargeras - the boss of them all, who is alone more powerful than entire Burning Legion - is different in AU than MU
    yeah WoD lore goes to shit, and it does effect our timeline and we still waiting for answers 'promised' in the book that was just Titan 'pov' even if it had events that no titan was even alive to know about in first place
    WoD effected us, blizz just decided to cut it and ignore it and never explain, they can do the same in SL, ignore it and never talk about life after death again, so can a 'peanut' explain any of that? before they ret(shit)con it again?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bwgmon View Post
    If memory serves, Pelagos' stance when he was crowned was more of a "I'll consider where they want to go and weigh it with the other stuff" kind of thing.
    if that is true than this is another pile of shit on wow lore from the gift that never ends of SL lore
    since prior to SL, we had no idea about afterlife zones in first place to pick where to go, not to mention we still even now don't know how many other zones exist and what role are they, we just know they exist and in one of them Durotan and Varian (yes both were confirmed to be in zones we don't see in SL), and u can add to that list many known figures we didn't see like Suarfang or Doomhammer or Lothar
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

except WoD u can even check right now Archimonde page demons are 'one and same' across all realities meaning that our timeline KJ is same as AU KJ, but AU KJ didn't act like he knew what will happen since u meet AU KJ 15 years earlier (again they are one and same), and u have socrathar who was a normal draenei who turned demon during our adventure in WoD so when he became demon did he just merge with MU Socrathar (and if that happen, why he acts literally like different entity), and lastly we have confirmed that titans are different so that means that Sargeras - the boss of them all, who is alone more powerful than entire Burning Legion - is different in AU than MU
    yeah WoD lore goes to shit, and it does effect our timeline and we still waiting for answers 'promised' in the book that was just Titan 'pov' even if it had events that no titan was even alive to know about in first place
    WoD effected us, blizz just decided to cut it and ignore it and never explain, they can do the same in SL, ignore it and never talk about life after death again, so can a 'peanut' explain any of that? before they ret(shit)con it again?
    A sort of multiverse always existed in WoW, it's nothing new.
    We even visit a couple in DF during the leveling campaign.

The whole purpose of the Bronze Dragonflight is to preserve the 'true' timeline, which is ours.
    No other timeline matters so WoD has no lasting relation to Azeroth ever since we left that timeline.

I don't understand why afterlives are such a taboo for you.
    Literally all works of fantasy have multiple afterlives, even 'real life fiction' (I mean religions) feature multiple afterlives in their teachings.
    The concept is not only not new it's basically the norm.
    Plus we always knew that there was an afterlife, the Shadowlands were always a thing just not described beyond the 'release spirit' grey screen in-game.

In new zone, someone is yelling he is going Maldraxxus while doing, isn't - according to their own piece of shit SL lore - he supposed first goes to Arbiter so he gets judged THEN he will move to one of many realms
    Presumably every pious crusader in the Middle Ages confidently asserted that they would be going to heaven. Simply claiming something doesn't make it a reality.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

If we're thinking about the same character (Djaradin Elder) he just says he sees an arena in the Shadowlands. It's implied to be Maldraxxus but not stated. And we don't know if he talked with the Arbiter while he dies because weird spacetime shit.

I think people are more upset about a 9.0 Shadowlands area being mentioned over anything, and they need to get over that because they aren't going to bully the writers into pretending it doesn't exist (and Denathrius is coming back anyway so people better prepare their asses for that).
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2023-05-14 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    While i wouldn't have phrased it that way... Yeah, I hate SL and wish they would just forget about it, nothing about its handling makes sense.
    Yeah, one of the worst parts of the launch renown campaign was having SL stuff prominently referenced in one of the questline (the green dragon one). The best thing to do with SL right now is to act like it never happened, but sadly Danuser is still way too proud of his dogshit writing

Your right. The sorting hat will decide where to put you. But why does some random NPC have to be the smartest guy in the Universe? He can be shouting that he’s going to Maldraxxus but wind up in some other realm. It’s like me saying I’m going to Heaven then end up in Hell, because I misjudged my life. It’s no more complicated than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Valhalladin View Post
    Your right. The sorting hat will decide where to put you. But why does some random NPC have to be the smartest guy in the Universe? He can be shouting that he’s going to Maldraxxus but wind up in some other realm. It’s like me saying I’m going to Heaven then end up in Hell, because I misjudged my life. It’s no more complicated than that.
    So your argument is he... Hallucinated?
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Presumably every pious crusader in the Middle Ages confidently asserted that they would be going to heaven. Simply claiming something doesn't make it a reality.
    except prior to SL bullshit we never knew about afterlife realms, there is no mention at all about Maldraxxus name prior, no one should know about it
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    I don't understand why afterlives are such a taboo for you.
    so explain how demons are one and same across all realities, while their own pre-demon selves have multiple versions like KJ (he turned in AU to demon 15 years later than MU, he was an eredar before being demon, as we saw in Velen having AU version), plot twist: blizz themselves afk out of explaining this
    Thrall

so explain how demons are one and same across all realities, while their own pre-demon selves have multiple versions like KJ (he turned in AU to demon 15 years later than MU, he was an eredar before being demon, as we saw in Velen having AU version), plot twist: blizz themselves afk out of explaining this
    Well, for one, you assume all realities are aligned to the same axis of time, which I don't believe has ever been confirmed or even discussed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

WoD literally imported its best elements, its orc lore, into the main Horde and whatever you can say about the retarded cosmic implications of it that the expansion itself handwaves away, its worldbuilding is second only to Pandaria. It and Chronicle Vol. 2 singlehandedly flesh out pretty much everything in TBC. Not to mention it served to bring back Gul'dan, who was the game's best villain in yonks.

Re: the topic at hand. Absolutely hilarious that this is the most acknowledgment the known afterlives have gotten by a living character from the start of Shadowlands on.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2023-05-14 at 07:23 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    ok I have one question: what, or more accurately who, are you talking about?

except prior to SL bullshit we never knew about afterlife realms, there is no mention at all about Maldraxxus name prior, no one should know about it

They did explain tho.
    The Twisting Nether transcends time. What other explanation do you need?

They said the same thing about Shadowlands. There is only one Shadowlands.

You're acting like these are hard concepts in modern fantasy fiction.

10+ Year Old Account

Shadowlands is one realm, with multiple/infinite zones, all beings (with exceptions) end up in the Shadowlands, and it was mentioned that AU versions end up there as well and that the conversion process of the different zones meant no intermingling of the supposedly same soul, like multiple Garroshes. (doesn't make sense with the First Ones and the 5 Robo-Lords of the realm and us seeing the factory that made them and it only had the 4 Proto-Robo-Lords.) It is what it is. After Shadowlands, all of Azeroth knows about them now.

The Twisting Nether is one realm that transcends time and space and all demon/corrupted souls are bound to it to be be reborn with there being only 1 version of said soul.

The Universe as is: We know that the Bronze flight and Infinite flight are constantly fighting to balance/unbalance the timeline with alternate versions of living beings, but we only know the realm of Order. The other actual realms just like TN and SL may have different rules and variants.

It's a lot of work to understand what is going on in game, and probably more work to try and explain it like we are 5 and make it make sense. So just enjoy or don't the game we have.

Their entire backstory is "They are two elders who are constantly fighting over who is stronger, and they will keep fighting until someone is crowned victor".

That's... literally a part of Maldraxxus?

I just don't like the lack of subtlety.
    They could have said "the Eternal Battlegrounds", "the Arena of the Dead" or some shit like that instead of straight up "Maldraxxus".

Also weren't the djaradin supposed to be elementals in origin ? They should go to the elemental planes, if so.