Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    That's just meaningless hyperbole. Just because they're equalizing SOME things doesn't mean they're equalizing EVERYTHING. Nonsense.
    Where does it stop? Now it is this one thing. But you can be sure it will happen again and again just to make a vocal minority happy. That is the direction they are headed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    'Complaining about people complaining LOL' is not an own, dude.
    It's true. You declaring otherwise doesn't mean youare right. People who complain about the complainers is tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Where does it stop?
    Wherever you negotiate. Slippery-slope arguments don't fly. If they did, you couldn't make ANY changes of ANY kind - because "where does it stop?". More nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Were players even asking for this?

If I recall, Blizzard just started opening up class/race comboes on a whim, and made statements about wanting to do this to all classes eventually. I haven't really heard any demand for all race/class comboes otherwise.
    Yes people have been asking for this. Blizzard doesn't do something like this out of thin air.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Wherever you negotiate. Slippery-slope arguments don't fly. If they did, you couldn't make ANY changes of ANY kind - because "where does it stop?". More nonsense.
    YOu saying something doesn't fly doesn't make it so. What doesn't fly is you dismissing arguments because you say they don't count. Not how things work. This wasn't the first and it won't be the last. Blizzard won't stop until everything is homogonized. Makes things far easier for them and less work.

YOu saying something doesn't fly doesn't make it so. What doesn't fly is you dismissing arguments because you say they don't count.
    My point is you haven't BROUGHT an argument. I'm fine with actual points - but "where does it stop?" is not a point, because it applies to ANY change, and clearly you don't think ANY change whatsoever is problematic. And your earlier "point" wasn't an argument either, because they clearly aren't homogenizing EVERYTHING.

So feel free to bring actual arguments and then we can discuss those, but "where does it stop?" just isn't one. It's an empty, vapid sound bite.

YOu saying something doesn't fly doesn't make it so. What doesn't fly is you dismissing arguments because you say they don't count. Not how things work. This wasn't the first and it won't be the last. Blizzard won't stop until everything is homogonized. Makes things far easier for them and less work.
    Brother, "homogenizing lore" is about as far down on the list of things players give the faintest fuck about as something can get. For 99% of the player base, the ability to play a race/class combo goes about as far as going to character creation screen, thinking to themselves "dang wish I could be {x race/class} combo" finding out they can't then rerolling to something they can be. This isn't a major change. @Biomega's right. This'll be fine. Relax.

[QUOTE=Biomega;54116239]My point is you haven't BROUGHT an argument. I'm fine with actual points - but "where does it stop?" is not a point, because it applies to ANY change, and clearly you don't think ANY change whatsoever is problematic. And your earlier "point" wasn't an argument either, because they clearly aren't homogenizing EVERYTHING.

So feel freeAll you are doing is saying "nope, I am right and you are wrong because I say so:". My arguments are arguments. You don't just get toi declare "that 's not an argument". That is simply trolling.

Since you are trolling. We are done here. Not going to endulge your Blizzard white knighting anymore.

Yes people have been asking for this. Blizzard doesn't do something like this out of thin air.
    Sure they do.

Literally no one asked for Mechagnomes or Highmountain or Lightforged to be playable, but they went ahead to make it happen.

There was more talk about Ogres and Vrykul and Hozen as playable races, nothing of Highmountain or Mechagnomes.

Sure they do.

Literally no one asked for Mechagnomes or Highmountain or Lightforged to be playable, but they went ahead to make it happen.

There was more talk about Ogres and Vrykul and Hozen as playable races, nothing of Highmountain or Mechagnomes.
    Whatl. I have seen those asked for on the official threads. Blizzard doesn't come up with these out of thin air. There may be more talk about the others, but there was talk about these.

Whatl. I have seen those asked for on the official threads. Blizzard doesn't come up with these out of thin air. There may be more talk about the others, but there was talk about these.
    There's more talk about the others so where are they?

Guess Blizzard is ignoring the fanbase after all.

So feel freeAll you are doing is saying "nope, I am right and you are wrong because I say so:". My arguments are arguments. You don't just get toi declare "that 's not an argument". That is simply trolling.
    Which is why I didn't do that. I EXPLAINED to you why "where does it stop?" can't be an argument - because it applies indiscriminately against any change of any kind, and that very clearly isn't what you meant. It's not sound in structure or logic, hence it can't be an argument by definition of the word.

I get that you don't LIKE this, because it appears you have no other point. But that's how arguments work, unfortunately.

Bah, was hoping for a tank spec for Evokers instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazenclaw View Post
    Bah, was hoping for a tank spec for Evokers instead.
    Eh, I suppose. At this point Tanks are just DPS with an emphasis on defensive cooldowns anyways.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Eh, I suppose. At this point Tanks are just DPS with an emphasis on defensive cooldowns anyways.
    Yea I guess, was hoping for a new interesting take (kinda like this focus on buffing), but they already have enough trouble making the existing tank specs distinct/fun.

Yeah, I'm big on support too, but I guess that's too passive these days. Not to mention Blizzard has shown a complete disdain for anything they can't balance with a simple % or exact value in one line.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

And Blizzard finally proves once and for all they don't give a flying fuck about consistent lore at all anymore. Warlocks are literally the reason the Eredar split into the draenei and man'ari. So absolutely fucking stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Were players even asking for this?

If I recall, Blizzard just started opening up class/race comboes on a whim, and made statements about wanting to do this to all classes eventually. I haven't really heard any demand for all race/class comboes otherwise.
    Players have been asking for warlocks on races like draenei for YEARS. Blizzard kept rejecting it because draenei warlocks make no fucking sense from a lore perspective. But now that Blizzard doesn't care about crafting a good story, of course warlocks can be every race. Because fuck lore consistency, I guess.

7+ Year Old Account
    So Fractures in time are 10.1.3 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Even so, Forsaken warlock was used as one of the marquee class/race combos in their first two cinematics
    wait, its been a while since last i seen it, but there was forsaken warlock in vanila cinematic?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    You realize the very first cinematic WoW trailer featured a Forsaken warlock summoning an infernal to fight a Human mage, right?
    isnt that forsaken priest being attacked by infernal? i always thought that, since pre forsaken holds prayer beads

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    The only thing stopping blizzard for making all races be all classes at this point is they don't wanna make new Druid forms/Shaman totem models
    Exactly, their're too lazy to update fugly NELF, Tauren, and Worgen druid skins to be on par with kil tirans. Druid skins is the opnly thing that we see when we play them, they should make it always updated. ALWAYS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Alright! Draenei warlocks! Let's hope that comes with Sargerai style customizations...

"Pet customizations" sounds intriguing as well.
    I always wanted to play a Red Skin Draenei destro warlock with fel colored fire to roleplay as an Eredar.

TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE. I don't play wow since Azerite Gear

Not impressed with warlocks for all races. It's like giving rogues, mages or warriors to every race. There is nothing racially unique here. I would applaud them if they finally made a horde druid that actually can display boots and gloves; until then /golfclap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Players have been asking for warlocks on races like draenei for YEARS. Blizzard kept rejecting it because draenei warlocks make no fucking sense from a lore perspective. But now that Blizzard doesn't care about crafting a good story, of course warlocks can be every race. Because fuck lore consistency, I guess.
    The whole lore argument has always been bullshit to begin with. A racial identity is not decided in the cellar of a back alley inn. Just because there are some practioners of a certain craft in a population doesn't mean it makes any less sense than Velen sucking my warlock's balls when I save his old ass. If anything, going against the tradion of a race makes for way more interesting RP, and either way, none of it will ever be reflected ingame because the game can't deal with the player's (non-)existence in the story to begin with.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by AmazonDruid View Post
    TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE. I don't play wow since Azerite Gear
    what a shame, im sure they will weep about it, as they made those changes solely for you! /s