Anyone know the new best item farming spot for the upcoming beta weekend?

What do you guys think the best way to gear up a level 20 character in the upcoming beta weekend besides killing the world boss?

The NPC that drops that level 35 mace on the west side of the map mostly dropped stuff that was over level 20 to use, so he likely won't be a prime spot anymore.

What do you guys think will be the new NPC that gets camped to gear up a level 20 character for the Ashvala world boss?

Or do you think it will be dungeons or those new tokens that act like blood shards?

Kor Dragon and Malnok are two of the highest level places. Both can be beaten even with the 5 level loss compared to the previous betas. I did world boss and farming all the undead shit in Kor Dragon for most of my gear in previous betas. I also found running dungeons with my friends were pretty good at max level (mostly from the elites/mini-bosses, rarely from the final boss). With this beta supposedly not having the boosted drop rate, I expect the World boss to feel quite a bit harder than the beta weekends.

Overall, the real question is "where are the elites most concentrated/highest spawn rate or areas that are forced to be even higher than the normal level scaling". Find a place that answers both those questions (like Kor Dragon, although the elite rate there is not super high) and you have your farming spot.

Didn't the 35 guy drop 30+ required items? I remember getting too high for 25 even.
    Then I found at that if you put a legendary power on it the item req got lowered to your lvl or something like that.
    Am I wrong about this?

If not, then I think the 35 guy will still be the best place. Unless it can't get lower than 25 ofc.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Didn't the 35 guy drop 30+ required items? I remember getting too high for 25 even.
    Then I found at that if you put a legendary power on it the item req got lowered to your lvl or something like that.
    Am I wrong about this?

If not, then I think the 35 guy will still be the best place. Unless it can't get lower than 25 ofc.
    He dropped things in the 23-25 range as well, but at least 60%+ of his items would come out at 26-29, so you couldn't use everything. You wore the items 25 and below (rare and legendary) and extracted the higher level legendaries, since he seemed to drop good aspects quite often. His high level rares were good for mats if needed, but even better for gold if sold.
    I don't recall him ever dropping a level 20 or below item, so he would only be good for the extracted aspects for the Server Slam.

can we archive this thread to easily point to it whenever anyone gripes about a lack of beta testing in blizzard games?
    because do you want to know why beta testing for blizzard sucks?
    this. this right here is why beta testing sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Moloch04 View Post
    He dropped things in the 23-25 range as well, but at least 60%+ of his items would come out at 26-29, so you couldn't use everything. You wore the items 25 and below (rare and legendary) and extracted the higher level legendaries, since he seemed to drop good aspects quite often. His high level rares were good for mats if needed, but even better for gold if sold.
    I don't recall him ever dropping a level 20 or below item, so he would only be good for the extracted aspects for the Server Slam.
    Ah, thanks for the clarification. Read about it in passing after the recent beta was over.

Quote Originally Posted by Bling View Post
    What do you guys think the best way to gear up a level 20 character in the upcoming beta weekend besides killing the world boss?

The NPC that drops that level 35 mace on the west side of the map mostly dropped stuff that was over level 20 to use, so he likely won't be a prime spot anymore.

What do you guys think will be the new NPC that gets camped to gear up a level 20 character for the Ashvala world boss?

Or do you think it will be dungeons or those new tokens that act like blood shards?
    Given everyone is of course allowed to play how he likes, for me it makes no sense trying to gear up whatever toon in a level 20 out of 100 beta that lasts 3 days only.

I would probably try out the classes I played less in the last ob (Necro and Druid) and not much more (because I’ll probably have no more than 6 hours overall over those 3 days to play).

I’m not interested in the cosmetic for the mount so probably I won’t even bother to take 1 class at 20.

Ya that 35 guy dropped some level 19-21 stuff as well. I had a lvl 21 staff I got off him my druid used last beta round.

While I understand some people mentioning not to worry about it, I leveled up all the classes the last two beta weekends, so my only goal this time is to level up a single character that will do well at killing the world boss for the mount.

Looks like the world boss is spawning on 3 hour intervals I think, so just wondering where to farm some gear between world boss spawns, since I likely will hold off on alts this beta round and save that for the main game.

World Boss will likely be harder this beta due to the lower level cap, so wouldn't hurt to build a character that can help carry groups

- - - Updated - - -

According to https://mapgenie.io/diablo-4/maps/sanctuary

there are two level 25 named mobs, one that drops a 25 sword and one with a 25 staff

those might drop a lot of higher level teen gear

Quote Originally Posted by Bling View Post
    Ya that 35 guy dropped some level 19-21 stuff as well. I had a lvl 21 staff I got off him my druid used last beta round.

While I understand some people mentioning not to worry about it, I leveled up all the classes the last two beta weekends, so my only goal this time is to level up a single character that will do well at killing the world boss for the mount.

Looks like the world boss is spawning on 3 hour intervals I think, so just wondering where to farm some gear between world boss spawns, since I likely will hold off on alts this beta round and save that for the main game.

World Boss will likely be harder this beta due to the lower level cap, so wouldn't hurt to build a character that can help carry groups

- - - Updated - - -

According to https://mapgenie.io/diablo-4/maps/sanctuary

there are two level 25 named mobs, one that drops a 25 sword and one with a 25 staff

those might drop a lot of higher level teen gear
    The Ashava reward is not a mount. It’s an ACCESSORY to put on whatever mount.

The World Boss didn't drop very good loot this time.

Last Beta I got 5-6 legendaries on my first world boss kill, and I think I got 2 or 3 of them out of the boss crate as well.

This time when I killed them, they only dropped 1 legendary, and all I got in the boss crate was a crude gem and some gold, no other items.

Here I was thinking hitting up the world boss a few times would let me try out some different legendaries, but the world boss might not even drop a guaranteed legendary this round.

They said tmthe drop-rates will now be like it'll be at release. Last beta was accelerated drop rate for the reason to try them out. This beta is mostly for server reasons while last one were feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Moloch04 View Post
    Kor Dragon and Malnok are two of the highest level places. Both can be beaten even with the 5 level loss compared to the previous betas. I did world boss and farming all the undead shit in Kor Dragon for most of my gear in previous betas. I also found running dungeons with my friends were pretty good at max level (mostly from the elites/mini-bosses, rarely from the final boss). With this beta supposedly not having the boosted drop rate, I expect the World boss to feel quite a bit harder than the beta weekends.

Overall, the real question is "where are the elites most concentrated/highest spawn rate or areas that are forced to be even higher than the normal level scaling". Find a place that answers both those questions (like Kor Dragon, although the elite rate there is not super high) and you have your farming spot.
    Kor Dragan was nerfed extremely hard after the first beta because people did this. Enemies simply don't respawn there anymore once captured.

They said tmthe drop-rates will now be like it'll be at release. Last beta was accelerated drop rate for the reason to try them out. This beta is mostly for server reasons while last one were feedback.
    That means the 300% drop rate rumor was wrong, it was significantly higher. This also means the "actually you don't get weaker leveling" Andy's are gonna get truly hard stuck leveling without being handed 90% of their player power during the leveling process.
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2023-05-13 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestNoob View Post
    This also means the "actually you don't get weaker leveling" Andy's are gonna get truly hard stuck leveling without being handed 90% of their player power during the leveling process.
    People didn't get stuck because they got weaker, they got stuck because some classes are just dogshit at low levels. Sorcs & friends still just walk through the game with one hand stuck in their pants. It's an absolutely joke to level them. But if you play a Druid... well, good luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found that with the drop rates back to normal that the best way to get gear is probably to run dungeons, with favorable layouts and nice amounts of elites, with a fixed group.

But this is quite labor intensive and tied to other people, so my personal solution to get gear was to bring up an interactive map of D4 I found https://mapgenie.io/diablo-4/maps/sanctuary and then highlight Event areas and Portal Points, and just go to a portal point/town, run to event near there, do it if it;s up and collect Obols and gear, then bring up Map, and portal to some other town and run to the nearest event there and run that. If no event up, just portal to the next one, don;t wait.

This was a reasonably fun way to spend an hour or 2 and collect some gear and be able to gamble for some more gear that you could at least target the slot you want for. I ended up with reasonable gear to do the World Boss, but my gear was not close to people running fixed dungeon groups. Those people had 5-7 legendaries, and usually very good itemized rares, where I had 3 legendaries (1 drop, 1 gambled, 1 crafted) and mostly good rares.

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestNoob View Post
    That means the 300% drop rate rumor was wrong, it was significantly higher. This also means the "actually you don't get weaker leveling" Andy's are gonna get truly hard stuck leveling without being handed 90% of their player power during the leveling process.
    No idea about drop rate. Can't say I've read anyone with the lvl scaling complaints saying they got stuck lvling though. Just that it feels bad with scaling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    This was a reasonably fun way to spend an hour or 2 and collect some gear and be able to gamble for some more gear that you could at least target the slot you want for. I ended up with reasonable gear to do the World Boss, but my gear was not close to people running fixed dungeon groups. Those people had 5-7 legendaries, and usually very good itemized rares, where I had 3 legendaries (1 drop, 1 gambled, 1 crafted) and mostly good rares.
    You don't need a fixed dungeon group to get that. I had legendaries in all slots except 2 with 2 extra because they shared a spot on my sorc. I just played dungeons as I explored the world doing side quests.

Dungeons is probably the best way to farm, solo or not. Obols I use on my alt chars to get them some stuff more quickly.

No idea about drop rate. Can't say I've read anyone with the lvl scaling complaints saying they got stuck lvling though. Just that it feels bad with scaling.
    They will without a hard level cap you can hit in 2 hours. When your exp gain stops but you keep getting drops, the issue goes away. It's merely annoying right now. Extend that out to 50 for the first capstone and by that point the difference between players with all these nerfs and enemies will be massive, and there won't be a way to farm without leveling, so anything you do just makes it worse. This does mean, though, that it's optimal to level on the lowest difficulty since there's no extra MF on higher difficulties. You level slower and get more drops this way.

They also messed up again and didn't nerf the legendary drop rates on chests/corpses, letting people easily farm legendaries, and in a way that would've been viable on release, but that's going to be gone for sure. If they continue their current strategy, we're going to see another round of large nerfs, especially for these suboptimal builds people are running that don't depend as much on gear or legendaries, and that's going to be a huge wtf for release.

I'm very confused by this direction, too, because the game is now in a state where I don't find it fun to play while leveling, which makes it the only recent ARPG with that trait. The end game also looks weaker than D3's even, so I'm scratching my head about what the point is.