Page 1 of 2
LastLast

World First Mythic Echo of Neltharion by Liquid - Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible

World First Mythic Echo of Neltharion by Liquid - Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible
    Mythic Echo of Neltharion has been defeated by Liquid!

Damn, they had some heart-breaking low% wipes, so glad to see they managed to pull it out before they logged off for the night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

10+ Year Old Account
    And they got x2 450 weapon drops

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares about these damn races, get a hobby

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    that is their hobby. and they get paid for it. as for who cares well from the 4 channels on Twitch I am looking at at least 60,000 people are watching. and that's not including the US people who are all mostly asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    that is their hobby. and they get paid for it. as for who cares well from the 4 channels on Twitch I am looking at at least 60,000 people are watching. and that's not including the US people who are all mostly asleep.
    Get an outdoor hobby?

Just kidding.

Grats on the world first.

How in the.. does the entire raid have 4 piece already?

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    first time finding out about splits?

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    You care enough to post here.

How about YOU find something to do with your time, let people play video games in peace or just keep your opinion to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lidenbok View Post
    You care enough to post here.

How about YOU find something to do with your time, let people play video games in peace or just keep your opinion to yourself.
    True

I imagine the final boss dropping a token for any class & any slot helps everyone to fill any gaps left by the hilarious amount of splits they run.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Seems like these world first races have significantly lost on viewership and interest. They still do get a pretty high view count on Twitch, but it's been less and less every tier by a lot.

Even the amount of people that discuss this topic here on MMOC or bother to comment to all (incl. those that ask who watches this still) is a lot smaller.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Seems like these world first races have significantly lost on viewership and interest.
    Well, yeah, that's to be expected. It was new and exciting the first few times because the World First race never had such high production values from the community. It was destined to die out eventually though because, big surprise here, it turns out it's actually not all that exciting watching people wipe for hours. People like the NA/EU drama and nerd screams but not the actual event.

Also, forums are dying. 2023 is a world where Discord channels (and stubborn Reddit!) reign supreme.

I mean why do you think they clear these new raids in 1-2 weeks? They enter Mythic with an average ilvl that 95% of guilds won't have for another 2-3 months because they do splits and funnel gear players

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like these world first races have significantly lost on viewership and interest. They still do get a pretty high view count on Twitch, but it's been less and less every tier by a lot.

Even the amount of people that discuss this topic here on MMOC or bother to comment to all (incl. those that ask who watches this still) is a lot smaller.
    I think the last race killed it for a lot of people, this is the first race I haven't seen max hit 50K viewers. Usually they don't get numbers until the final boss anyways, but I think Blizzard's handling of nerfing the final boss when both guilds were sub 20% wipes and then Echo 1 shots it after the nerf, was just a mood killer for a lot of viewers.

I keep forgetting that there is a race going. Doesn’t seem like it has a huge viewership anyway, and that while Twitch drops are still active.

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    I mean why do you think they clear these new raids in 1-2 weeks? They enter Mythic with an average ilvl that 95% of guilds won't have for another 2-3 months because they do splits and funnel gear players
    They also have a lot of experience on most bosses from fighting them on the PTR for hours on end, where they get to experiment with strategies to their heart's content.

That's one of the issues with the whole world first race, these players already know what they're doing weeks ahead of release, there's no experimentation phase when they have their strats planned out and tested already

World First Race OMEGALUL. Stop allowing fights to be tested on the PTR (by players) and these races will be more exciting.

Viewership of most WoW content is down by quite a margin and with that likely subs in general.

Repercussions of shadowlands imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremelyCrusty View Post
    World First Race OMEGALUL. Stop allowing fights to be tested on the PTR (by players) and these races will be more exciting.
    They would not be more exciting, they would be unplayable due bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    They would not be more exciting, they would be unplayable due bugs.
    Not if Blizzard actually had a QA team