Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Presumably every pious crusader in the Middle Ages confidently asserted that they would be going to heaven. Simply claiming something doesn't make it a reality.
    pretty much this...

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Also weren't the djaradin supposed to be elementals in origin ? They should go to the elemental planes, if so.
    see above what Gestopft said, pretty much nailed it imo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    except prior to SL bullshit we never knew about afterlife realms
    WE didnt know, but that doesnt mean djaradin didnt know...
    we didnt know about their elders or valdraken either

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Presumably every pious crusader in the Middle Ages confidently asserted that they would be going to heaven. Simply claiming something doesn't make it a reality.
    Was about to say the same...
    This should be /Thread after this quote tbh..

People yelling they are going to X afterlife is a common thing throughout history.
    It helps coping with facing death. A warrior believing they are going to Maldraxxus is not any different than people thinking they are going to heaven or valhalla.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2023-05-14 at 10:39 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

In new zone, someone is yelling he is going Maldraxxus
    Who?

Nevermind, I found it:
    twitter post

The flavor text and mechanics of these two is that they're constantly fighting to prove who is stronger. I understand you're triggered by the mere mention of Shadowlands, but the "race you there..." line was the part that actually mattered.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Yeah, one of the worst parts of the launch renown campaign was having SL stuff prominently referenced in one of the questline (the green dragon one). The best thing to do with SL right now is to act like it never happened, but sadly Danuser is still way too proud of his dogshit writing
    That would be incredibly stupid. There's no reason to pretend it never happened just because some people got their panties in a twist over it.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2023-05-14 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    So your argument is he... Hallucinated?
    How did you get hallucination from what I wrote?

It’s like I said, he wants to go to Maldraxxus so much that he believes he will.

It’s like a child convincing himself he’s going to Disneyland but then his parents pull into the dentist car park. You don’t have to have a bloody hallucination.

Love how there are just objectively right and wrong religions in the WoW universe now.

Think you're going to the Light or becoming one with the Earthmother when you die? Nope, welcome to Bastion motherfucker

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valhalladin View Post

It’s like I said, he wants to go to Maldraxxus so much that he believes he will.

It’s like a child convincing himself he’s going to Disneyland but then his parents pull into the dentist car park. You don’t have to have a bloody hallucination.
    he never said Maldraxxus though. he said the Shadowlands. OP is just talking nonsense

so explain how demons are one and same across all realities, while their own pre-demon selves have multiple versions like KJ (he turned in AU to demon 15 years later than MU, he was an eredar before being demon, as we saw in Velen having AU version), plot twist: blizz themselves afk out of explaining this
    That's such a bullshit concept.

What happens if one non-demon version just decide to help Sargeras and receive his blessing? Does his body/consciousness merge?
    If yes - then does his memories also? That means demons know that Twisting Nether is above the time. Which makes it even more stupid.
    If no - then just straight rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    he never said Maldraxxus though. he said the Shadowlands.
    so OP just makes up shit to be angry about... how unusual...
    i wonder if OP was wrong or purposefuly dishonest, but given he didnt even say WHO says that we can assume its the later...

- - - Updated - - -

They could have said "the Eternal Battlegrounds", "the Arena of the Dead" or some shit like that instead of straight up "Maldraxxus".
    turns out thats exactly what he says... no mention of maldraxus...

Vakan yells: I see... Shadowlands arena... fight forever...
    Gholna yells: Race... you... there...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post

Still a pretty clumsily written line just to name drop Shadowlands.

Realistically, a culture that's been secluded for thousands of years wouldn't be in the know about the events of Shadowlands. And even if they were aware of it as place they would probably give it their own name and not call it the Shadowlands.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2023-05-14 at 01:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Theoretically, the "Shadowlands arena" could be Maldraxxus, or it could just be whatever afterlife realm was created for the Djaradin by the Arbiter in Zereth Mortis - one where Djaradin forever contend in bouts of martial strength to prove themselves the strongest or what have you. Also, having a vision of what happens in death is no certainty that they'll go there. That may be the cultural resting place for Djaradin, but they could be sent to Revendreth for their crimes or somewhere else if necessary. Suffice it to say, we have no real way of knowing where in the Shadowlands they'll, or even if they go - one person's utterance in death isn't enough to really quantify that.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowlands lore and its affect on the in game world after has been little more the the spirit healer showing sympathy for us with de-buffs upon being revived lol

Quote Originally Posted by Valhalladin View Post

His quote has him saying that he 'saw' it, and how would he even know the shadowlands exist? This whole thing is a mess.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Still a pretty clumsily written line just to name drop Shadowlands.

Realistically, a culture that's been secluded for thousands of years wouldn't be in the know about the events of Shadowlands. And even if they were aware of it as place they would probably give it their own name and not call it the Shadowlands.
    The existence of the Shadowlands is not a secret and many races know of it. The names of the actual realms of the Shadowlands and the Arbiter system are new lore, but not the existence of the Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    The existence of the Shadowlands is not a secret and many races know of it. The names of the actual realms of the Shadowlands and the Arbiter system are new lore, but not the existence of the Shadowlands.
    Yes, that's sort of my point. Individuals would of been aware there was some sort of afterlife and had their own names and concepts for it.

Actual meta knowledge of the Shadowlands as a systems of afterlives would not be something the average person is aware of. Much less a culture who's been secluded for vast tracks of time. Even individuals who did interact with couldn't see it a whole but rather just glimpses. The line comes across as sort of unnatural and treading the 4th wall.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2023-05-14 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    His quote has him saying that he 'saw' it, and how would he even know the shadowlands exist? This whole thing is a mess.
    The OP didn’t put the original quote in. It seems he did hallucinate then XD but that’s not what I said originally.

He's just being arrogant in saying of course he's going to Maldraxxus. I mean probably, given the warrior-culture.

The afterlives are still part of the lore, now you're mad that they're being consistent with established lore. Arthas saw visions of the Maw that he was about to be taken to, so they would likely see that green "light at the end of the tunnel" as well on some level.

Arthas: Oh damn, for all my crimes I'm going to be cast into eternal darkness by one of my closest friends.
    Djaradin: Hell yeah, can't wait to fight with my homies in Maldraxxus!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    That's such a bullshit concept.

What happens if one non-demon version just decide to help Sargeras and receive his blessing? Does his body/consciousness merge?
    If yes - then does his memories also? That means demons know that Twisting Nether is above the time. Which makes it even more stupid.
    If no - then just straight rofl.
    Definitely silly. Blizzard should've just went with "yes, there's a separate Legion for every reality, so if we let the Burning Legion get the power Kairozdormu tried to use, they could absolutely invade us with infinite Burning Legions. We must stop them or the multiverse is doomed."
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2023-05-14 at 05:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I just don't like the lack of subtlety.
    They could have said "the Eternal Battlegrounds", "the Arena of the Dead" or some shit like that instead of straight up "Maldraxxus".
    They don't say "Maldraxxus". They say "Shadowlands Arena".
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    They don't say "Maldraxxus". They say "Shadowlands Arena".
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post

Cool, that's a relief. I don't play in English so I couldn't tell for sure.

They messed up Shadowlands and Outland in a dialog between Ebyssian and Sabellian in my language so uh... I'm cautious.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will only say one thing : "I see only darkness before me..."

I will let you meditate on that...

But if for real, its so funny to see you guys getting triggered for such minor thing just because its related to shadowlands!!!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Love how there are just objectively right and wrong religions in the WoW universe now.

Think you're going to the Light or becoming one with the Earthmother when you die? Nope, welcome to Bastion motherfucker
    Still wondering what do the Holy Light/Earthmother believers think about it. Imagine that you are e.g. a Dwarf paladin, all your elders telling you this and that, and now you find out that most of your brothers/sisters "in the Light" ended up brainwashed into complacency in that pretty place that is Bastion if they died more than 5 years ago. Oh, and still no Light afterlife in sight rofl.