Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Viewership of most WoW content is down by quite a margin and with that likely subs in general.

Repercussions of shadowlands imo.
    Yeah and all that despite the Twitch Drops.

IMO, I think the biggest issue to all of this is that raiding in WoW hasn't been enjoyable since at least the beginning of BfA. It has been mostly replaced by Mythic+ and the raids are just way too hard and just not as good as they used to be. And so with time, I think most people have just completely lost interest in raiding, even the world first race.

Most people nowadays are raiding in Wrath Classic of all things, despite all the content being very old and pretty much "solved".

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Viewership of most WoW content is down by quite a margin and with that likely subs in general.

Repercussions of shadowlands imo.
    and the evenly boring dragonflight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastacow View Post
    But, dragonflight isn't boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastacow View Post
    I can’t imagine what expansion is even good by your standards. I understand dragons aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, but come on now. It’s closer to MoP.

Guess its cool, but looks tedious asf. Split raid farming is probably half the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    They also have a lot of experience on most bosses from fighting them on the PTR for hours on end, where they get to experiment with strategies to their heart's content.

That's one of the issues with the whole world first race, these players already know what they're doing weeks ahead of release, there's no experimentation phase when they have their strats planned out and tested already
    For one hour. Bosses on the PTR were up for testing for one hour and that's it. They approach things differently. They take a look at the fight description in the dungeon journal and all abilities and from that alone they already are able to create a strategy. Do 1h testing of the bosses on PTR to adjust their strategy and do the same again after the raid opens up on retail. Most bosses were changed after PTR testing but before it opened up on live so there still were a lot of questionmarks on which abilities really hurt and which don't.

They play on a completely different level and the videos and streams of them analyzing PTR patch notes and pre-planing PTR testing and what they're looking out for while testing is almost more interesting than the race itself because that's the actual problem solving. It helps seeing how they analyze their logs from PTR and go over their own vods to see what timers and trackers will they need, what raid comp would be beneficial and they do the same thing in the race and adjust on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Yeah and all that despite the Twitch Drops.

IMO, I think the biggest issue to all of this is that raiding in WoW hasn't been enjoyable since at least the beginning of BfA. It has been mostly replaced by Mythic+ and the raids are just way too hard and just not as good as they used to be. And so with time, I think most people have just completely lost interest in raiding, even the world first race.

Most people nowadays are raiding in Wrath Classic of all things, despite all the content being very old and pretty much "solved".
    For shadowlands? absolutely.
    But DF raids? They're quite a bit simpler and in a good spot imo.

What I want to know is; N, H, and M difficulties for this raid all came out just this past Tuesday. How are they gearing all those people to 436ish ilvl that quickly AND finding time to do 400~* pulls of Mythic bosses for a world 1st prog. all in the 1st week.

*just an estimate or slight embellishment for the sake of argument
    Last edited by Armael; 2023-05-15 at 07:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armael View Post
    What I want to know is; N, H, and M difficulties for this raid all came out just this past Tuesday. How are they gearing all those people to 436ish ilvl that quickly AND finding time to do 400~* pulls of Mythic bosses for a world 1st prog. all in the 1st week.

Have viewers which they carry for Loot trading.

No Guild in the top 5-10 will get even close to the Loot the top 3 is capable of.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

By playing 12+ hours a day.
    By paying randoms 100+k gold to fill out split raids.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny how horde people complained about night elves shadow meld in SL and now raids and M+ get totally over run by dwarfs.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Seems like these world first races have significantly lost on viewership and interest. They still do get a pretty high view count on Twitch, but it's been less and less every tier by a lot.

Even the amount of people that discuss this topic here on MMOC or bother to comment to all (incl. those that ask who watches this still) is a lot smaller.
    Ok so tbh I don't look into them at all since this expansion because all the difficulties and M+ were unlocked at the same time and everyone was doing random stuff. So couldn't easily follow a 'race'. I wasn't that keen on them to begin with, so that just meant I won't bother at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    It's funny how horde people complained about night elves shadow meld in SL and now raids and M+ get totally over run by dwarfs.
    Because shadowmeld was used to bypass some mechanics and even the seasonal affix? While that does not apply in raids?

Dratnos is so cringe this raid tier. He's so salty that Liquid turned off their stream so they didn't give away strats and key information from phase 3. It took echo 4 hours to get that information, it was well worth it. Echo would have done the same thing. Echo still doesn't even have comms available. Everything's always muted.
    Last edited by marulol; 2023-05-15 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    They take a look at the fight description in the dungeon journal and all abilities and from that alone they already are able to create a strategy.
    90% of formulating a strategy is based on knowing the timeline of a fight. As someone who's been blind raiding and making up strategies for several MMOs I can tell you that while knowing what each ability does is useful (and not a luxury we have in most MMOs), it's mostly pointless if you don't know when they come out, and more importantly with which other abilities they combine, as single boss mechanics in a vacuum are almost never challenging. it's always about overlaps

Quote Originally Posted by LordKain View Post
    But, dragonflight isn't boring.

I am Ok with Dragonflight. But opinions do vary as to how fun it is and how boring it is.

They recruit audience members to fill farming raids - they advertise how to join the runs on these streams, and they pay people in gold to fill spots. Everyone in those raids is funneling all the valid gear to just a handful of players. They run them constantly, and they also all have multiple alts of the same class in order to be able to pick the character that had the best luck in getting first drops. They're also playing all day long, instead of going to a job or whatever, because this is their job. They're not just playing for a few hours per day like a regular person coming home after work would.

worst tier ever.... there was like 3.5 days of progress... its fucking world 1st, not giving away participation awards.... EVERY tier should be at minimum mid 2nd week....

edit: but i understand... US mentality... let "win" in first week with 20%ish advantage....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by marulol View Post
    Dratnos is so cringe this raid tier. He's so salty that Liquid turned off their stream so they didn't give away strats and key information from phase 3. It took echo 4 hours to get that information, it was well worth it. Echo would have done the same thing. Echo still doesn't even have comms available. Everything's always muted.
    but this is exactly what they did according to MAX..... stop being dick rader.... and btw i think echo might do the same and if nagura called it out, she would kinda had a point, like dratnos has...
    Last edited by SoLoR1; 2023-05-15 at 06:05 PM.