Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The next expansion needs to somehow connect better to or be in the Eastern Kingdoms/ Kalimdor.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I always do love a good ole’ Zorachus thread whining about every content patch not interesting him. Same whining drivel, different number for each expansion.
    almost like clockwork
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

LOL at the people that don't like my threads criticizing WoW, because it hasn't been good in 5+ years.

Why even reply to my thread then?

Most others have made some great replies here, and I thank you and appreciate the discussion.

10.0.5 and 10.1 are the same patch. rare chase in new zone. the raid is pretty easy and should be AOTC'ed in 2 months by most mediocre guilds. after keystone conq next week there wont be much to do. mediocre expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    LOL at the people that don't like my threads criticizing WoW, because it hasn't been good in 5+ years.

Most others have made some great replies here, and I thank you and appreciate the discussion.
    ...it hasn't been good in 5+ years, but you were playing the game 5-6 nights a week up until 10.1?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    ...it hasn't been good in 5+ years, but you were playing the game 5-6 nights a week up until 10.1?
    I still do like WoW and still play the game, I go in spurts. Currently down to just a couple nights a week, but at DF launch yeah I was playing 5 nights a week. Now I'm fading.

It's been that way in the last few expansions for me, even Shittylands I played it a lot at first. But then dropped off to one night a week to just couple times a month only.

Last expansion I actually stuck to the 5 to 6 nights a week, for 2 years straight was Legion.

I still do like WoW and still play the game, I go in spurts. Currently down to just a couple nights a week, but at DF launch yeah I was playing 5 nights a week. Now I'm fading.

It's been that way in the last few expansions for me, even Shittylands I played it a lot at first. But then dropped off to one night a week to just couple times a month only.

Last expansion I actually stuck to the 5 to 6 nights a week, for 2 years straight was Legion.
    So either
    A) You do think it has been good (why would you play something a couple nights a week if you don't, let alone most nights a week for months every expansion)
    or B) You have an extremely unhealthy addiction you are attempting to teach your daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    IMO it is getting very hard to be grounded to the "WORLD" of warcraft when the two most important continents haven't been meaningfully updated in 13 years
    I suspect its prep work for eventually getting rid of older material.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    So far, I'm really enjoying the raid. The new zone is fine, just fine. It's not amazing, it's not terrible. It's a decent time spender to farm rep with Loamm and flightstones, but it doesn't get me super excited.

The raid, though, feels amazing so far. We're currently 4/9 heroic, for reference.
    I only do LFR, but I decided to give DF another go this patch and the first three bosses of the new raid are definitely a highlight. I had fun on all three of them and enjoyed that the mechanics were interesting without the fights ever feeling tedious.

This patch, in many ways, feels like Blizzard finally "respecting my time". I can do what I want, when I want, for how long I want ... and I'm nicely rewarded with some progression or other things the entire journey.

Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    I only do LFR, but I decided to give DF another go this patch and the first three bosses of the new raid are definitely a highlight. I had fun on all three of them and enjoyed that the mechanics were interesting without the fights ever feeling tedious.

This patch, in many ways, feels like Blizzard finally "respecting my time". I can do what I want, when I want, for how long I want ... and I'm nicely rewarded with some progression or other things the entire journey.
    I've been incredibly impressed with DF so far. I feel like I have options in what I do. The raid content has been excellent, except rasz, which was just tedious, imo. I am enjoying the game more than I have since MoP.

There is no reasonable argument you can make that you were playing a shitty expansion 5 nights a week for 3 months. Those two things are non-sequiter.

Maybe you truly loved Legion and really did play it every day for two years, but it's simply not something a rational person would do to play a videogame they don't enjoy 5 nights a week for 3 months.

15+ Year Old Account
    I didnt raid during Season 1 of DF, and decided to try getting back into it with Season 2. So far I'm 8/9 Normal and really enjoying this patch. I'm being told that this raid is more enjoyable than VOTI, in general.

I could go on making a huge post about all the different things I like and dislike about this patch and this expansion in general, but I'll save it and just say: DF is definitely a step back in the right direction for my personal taste.

I've been incredibly impressed with DF so far. I feel like I have options in what I do. The raid content has been excellent, except rasz, which was just tedious, imo. I am enjoying the game more than I have since MoP.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

This. We’re not forced to collect AP this expansion, lots more time to do things we enjoy in game than mandatory farming

My daughter and I both play WoW together, I started at launch way back, she started at the tail end of Legion. We both have the same opinion of Dragonflight and 10.1

- Dragonflight in general is a fun and good expansion, especially after Shittylands, which we thought really sucked.
    - DF is cool, and kind of a fresh new beginning sort of for WoW, but feels a bit generic or bland in some ways
    - My daughter and I both LOVED Legion, there seemed to be so much to do in that expansion besides the typical Raid or die stuff, Legion was a grade A+
    - BfA in hindsight wasn't so terrible, we actually liked it, would give it a grade of B- / C+
    - Shadowlands gets a grade of D- from us
    - Dragonflight so far we give a grade of C
    Sounds like you guys changed. If you think BfA is better than a C and Legion was the best expansion then you're using red tinted glasses. You seem to think Legion had a lot of stuff to do outside of Raid but it was less than there is now. World quests for AP for miniscule Artifact Power gains? Mythic+ dungeons but worse because it was the same dungeons for all of the 2 years? idk what you're smoking but I want some of it I wish i could pretend to have nostalgia for Legion this hard what I remember is most people complaining they didn't get the legendary that was good for months into the expac.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    But if they read the terrain like I do instead of going off of personal desires then they'd understand and wouldn't get their jimmies rustled. Again, I have no intention of maining a tinker, I just know with 100% certainty that they're wow's next playable class. It's so God damn obvious all things considered.

If that triggers people then oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    We criticize -- actually just me -- because you can't help to always let us know that you don't like the game and it hasn't been good in 5+ years.

Why you incessantly need this forum's approval to justify your dislike for a game that you can't help but 1.) continue to play... and 2.) make threads/let us know every couple of months that you are still playing it and still not liking it... is beyond me.

Even this first quoted sentence just proves your real aim at making yet another bitching/moaning thread: you want to just vent and not have contradictory responses. Man that must suck for you, since you posted this on a public forum.

Move the fuck on already.

The same reason why you can't just go away if you can't stop talking about it: it's too easy.

You like the attention, even though it isn't the attention you are hoping for.

No... you really don't. Don't try to save face after you've been found out for what you really are doing... again.

- - - Updated - - -

It's so easy to see that you sometimes just copy + paste the same fucking "complaints" and "criticisms" of the game that you've made about the last 2 expansions -- now 3, with this current one (congrats) -- and either you are a slave to this company's game or you just don't know when to stop doing something that isn't good for you.

The same handful replies you always get are either 1.) "the game changed, you didn't, move on" or 2.) "you changed, the game isn't for you anymore, move on" or 3.) "you keep complaining about the same shit, why are you still playing and complaining about in the present"

Like really, what do you really expect here? A thread where 100% of the replies just dogpile the game like you want to? Holy shit brother, lol

In either case you, can expect the same responses to every single thread you post that is the same formula for 2+ years now.
    Will you learn from it? No, probably not. Do you care? No, definitely not.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2023-05-16 at 05:30 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    People tell me, I am burned out of WoW, it's ok to quit and say thanks for the fun 19 years I've had, and call it a day.

But I disagree, it's not WoW or me that's the problem, it's the lack of a great expansion.

I felt the exact same way during WoD, I hated Draenor, and thought well that's it, WoW is dead to me, and I unsubbed for the first time in my WoW history, then Legion was coming out, and I thought to myself, I don't know maybe I'll try it, see if WoW is still the game for me? LOL I played Legion 6 or 7 nights a week for 2 years straight I LOVED Legion. So it wasn't WoW in general sucking or me growing tired of the game, it was that Warlords of Draenor expansion sucked, and Legion was an AWESOME expansion for me.

My opinion, the last 10+ years, there's only been two fantastic expansions: MoP + Legion, the others have been mediocre to crap.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't say BfA was the worst, it wasn't great either, I would rate it middle of the pack, but for sure better than Sh!ttylands, WoD and Cata.
    I agree on your expansion ratings and about legion and bfa. And indeed df feels a bit bland. But for me that's only because if the setting. Dragons are cool if they stay in their cave and are dangerous to small people. And this hi dragon city, hi dragon man, hi dragon pony thing is not my cup of tea. Even though dragon riding is abs amazing
    I also like how much more smart and less dogmatic the Dev/designers have become so I'm looking forward to great content with a better theme soon
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

10+ Year Old Account
    it isn't kicking me out too, which is a lot in compare to what both BFA/SL were actively doing

- - - Updated - - -

People tell me, I am burned out of WoW, it's ok to quit and say thanks for the fun 19 years I've had, and call it a day.

But I disagree, it's not WoW or me that's the problem, it's the lack of a great expansion.

I felt the exact same way during WoD, I hated Draenor, and thought well that's it, WoW is dead to me, and I unsubbed for the first time in my WoW history, then Legion was coming out, and I thought to myself, I don't know maybe I'll try it, see if WoW is still the game for me? LOL I played Legion 6 or 7 nights a week for 2 years straight I LOVED Legion. So it wasn't WoW in general sucking or me growing tired of the game, it was that Warlords of Draenor expansion sucked, and Legion was an AWESOME expansion for me.

My opinion, the last 10+ years, there's only been two fantastic expansions: MoP + Legion, the others have been mediocre to crap.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't say BfA was the worst, it wasn't great either, I would rate it middle of the pack, but for sure better than Sh!ttylands, WoD and Cata.
    I felt exact same, during WoD i was wondering if i was burned of wow or not, but Legion made me love wow again and was 2nd or 3rd most played time for me in wow history (1st wrath), i think i only unsubbed for 2 weeks total during entire legion era, Legion made me confirm that i wasn't burn, WoD is just shit that simple
    I disagree with u on BFA however, i consider BFA the worst exp because playing my paladin with less spells than wrath era was a crime, the exp theme, music, art is great, but story (self inserted Danasur, morally grey tree burn) was crap, and class was the worst, i hated to even login on my paladin that i spent my 1 month sub (the least ever in wow history for me) on a warrior alt i was ignoring since ever (never played warrior), my friend who main warrior told me that BFA warrior was also total shit but for me it was first time so was ok i guess

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    I agree on your expansion ratings and about legion and bfa. And indeed df feels a bit bland. But for me that's only because if the setting. Dragons are cool if they stay in their cave and are dangerous to small people. And this hi dragon city, hi dragon man, hi dragon pony thing is not my cup of tea. Even though dragon riding is abs amazing
    I also like how much more smart and less dogmatic the Dev/designers have become so I'm looking forward to great content with a better theme soon
    well this exp is safe, no major changes, because while i hate it, both BFA and SL were shocking to the core of wow, BFA is almost all a side-quest in term of lore, Legion/Wrath both had core-changing stories, even MoP which started as fart joke ended with old gods and sha and best class gameplay in wow history
    DF isn't kicking me, but also i find myself easily not desiring to login, that simple
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

WoW stopped being fun or interesting a long time ago.

I started branching out to other games already back in 2013.

Currently i am playing through some SWTOR class stories until Diablo 4 release, Because it was a while since i played SWTOR, Much more enjoyable than any thing WoW has to offer.

I am also playing Blade & soul and again, much more interesting all around than wow
    Last edited by Nalam the Venom; 2023-05-16 at 06:21 AM.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

I've been enjoying DF so far. Sure, theres been boring parts like with any xpacs i've ever played. But, it feels nice not being forced online every night to farm some currency to stay relevant. I can log on when I want and do what I want.

Currently im focusing on raid & m+. Its awesome that they change the dungeons for every season.

Its good that we can now play at our own leisure and just have fun with the game.