Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    RP wise you have options; Scarlet Crusader could be either Holy Paladin and either flavor of Priest. You could have a Dark restoration Shaman (cool mog set to play the part even). Maybe even a Druid of the Flame that goes restoration.
    Now if we want the class to be able to give evil visually too, as others have said Disc works and if you are not focused on being optimal you could heavily lean on Shadow side of Disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    RP wise you have options; Scarlet Crusader could be either Holy Paladin and either flavor of Priest. You could have a Dark restoration Shaman (cool mog set to play the part even). Maybe even a Druid of the Flame that goes restoration.
    Now if we want the class to be able to give evil visually too, as others have said Disc works and if you are not focused on being optimal you could heavily lean on Shadow side of Disc.
    Could also just be a rogue agent. But these factions show that it isn't a matter of class. Anybody can be evil. Visual evil is an illusion.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You raise a fair point, maybe 3rd spec DH can be some kind of blood-drinker healer? I wouldn't object

I like your solutions too, but I think we needa give DH 3rd spec before considering 4th for other classes.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

They could take cues from their other IPs, namely Overwatch. I think Moira is a great example of an "evil" healer, in that she powers her healing capability by draining it from enemies. I think that could work for a WoW class.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Could also just be a rogue agent. But these factions show that it isn't a matter of class. Anybody can be evil. Visual evil is an illusion.
    Well I'd say it's less about visually evil and more about it being "Edgy". You can make a healer with a Goth aesthetic for sure (like, make a Zandalari Disc Priest with Mythic Dazar'alor gear and that definitely gives you Deathspeaker of Bwonsamdi).

Visual evil is an illusion.
    This sums it up perfectly. It's like some really tall, muscully guys looking like they would beat ppl up but in really they are some of the most peaceful guys around.

Guess what he's looking for isn't "evil" but "edgy".

Just play a Forsaken. We do need more Void-based specs in the game but I don't think a Void-based healer should be the priority.

But if you want to play an Evil healer, you can literally just play a Forsaken, as they are an evil and corrupted race.

- - - Updated - - -

In addition to the above facts, Discipline Priest can already be considered a SEMI Void-based Healer spec. As half of the Discipline Priests talent tree heavily leans into the Void aspect of the class.

I mean there's room for it, but we really don't need it. A huge portion of the specs in this game are almost obnoxiously edgy, we really don't need more edgy, if anything we could use less of it and more interesting stuff instead.

3+ Year Old Account
    So like a healer who uses Blood Magic?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

A healer that causes pain and wounds...like wielding a weapon of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Blood dk kinda thing i suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    You raise a fair point, maybe 3rd spec DH can be some kind of blood-drinker healer? I wouldn't object

I like your solutions too, but I think we needa give DH 3rd spec before considering 4th for other classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonDemonGirl View Post
    So like a healer who uses Blood Magic?
    Had something like this is mind based on Hearthstone's Revendreth art. A healer who drains the vitality from enemies and bestows it upon their allies. The only problem is that healing spells can't be red, as it is associated with damaging abilities (hence, why we lack Red Crane and Red Dragonflight healing).
    It would go well with a Dark Ranger class, as vampirism is already a part of the Darkfallen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Had something like this is mind based on Hearthstone's Revendreth art. A healer who drains the vitality from enemies and bestows it upon their allies. The only problem is that healing spells can't be red, as it is associated with damaging abilities (hence, why we lack Red Crane and Red Dragonflight healing).
    It would go well with a Dark Ranger class, as vampirism is already a part of the Darkfallen.
    Why cant be red? Vein like red blood a like not glowin red. Anyway i wount to be so sticky about it. All is doable.

I don't know about "evil" but as a 4th (or in this case 3rd spec) concept I floated a Soul Reaver healing spec for DHs.

Something where they can sacrifice their own health or use soul fragments to heal the party and lifesteal from mobs as their main resource generation gimmick.

Horde pala used to be evil. Not anymore though. But sure, Im all for flavour.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    The reason for Monk healing not being red was simply that it looked silly. Not that red is associated with damage. And Living Flame, a Red ability, is the basic Evoker healing spell.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Your suggestions do not match the argument you are trying to get across.

I feel like you actually don't await your comments, concerns or "ravenous" support based on you just adding this part in at the end... sounds like you did not think this thread through at all but said "fuck it, we post" anyway.
    I feel like this applies to... quite a bit of threads here.

On topic, we are the Champions of Azeroth in-game, so we are emphatically the "good guys", whether anyone likes it or not.
    I guess you can choose your own morally gray areas, like "well, you stood in the fire, so I'm not wasting mana on you" type of things.
    Maybe lifegrip people near an edge while they're running to trick them to fall to their death.
    That's about as evil as you can get.

Anyone recall the death knight starting area before breaking free of the Lich King's control?

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Why cant be red? Vein like red blood a like not glowin red. Anyway i wount to be so sticky about it. All is doable.
    Blizzard's standards. I don't know.

The reason for Monk healing not being red was simply that it looked silly. Not that red is associated with damage. And Living Flame, a Red ability, is the basic Evoker healing spell.
    The problem is more like ground AoE abilities that players are trained to avoid.

Sorry, I can't help myself. The cringe is too stronk.

Quote Originally Posted by Divada View Post
    The only 'evil' type of healer I can think of is maybe some type of San'layn thing? Like a vampire taking blood/anima from it's enemies to heal/support allies. I dunno.
    This sounds interesting.