Rep. Paul Gosar hangs out with and employs Nazi's

https://newrepublic.com/post/172720/...earle-neo-nazi

With how drastically extreme the conservative movement has become, it is sometimes easy to forget how radical the Republican Party truly is, and what kinds of vicious ideologies it is welcoming. Talking Points Memo has revealed the extent this has come to: Far-right Republican Representative Paul Gosar’s office has been infiltrated, or perhaps in his eyes enhanced by, a neo-Nazi.

Gosar’s digital director since 2021, Wade Searle, is a “soldier” for white supremacist leader Nick Fuentes.

Fuentes leads what is known as the “Groyper Army,” a loosely organized far-right group dedicated toward white nationalism and hate. TPM has found Searle, a loyal Gosar staffer, to be a strong subscriber and equally (if not more) loyal compatriot to Fuentes and his white supremacist movement.

On Fuentes’s America First streaming show, for instance, Searle was a fervent listener and even moderator of the chat room.

“You are our voice!” Searle allegedly boasted to Fuentes during an online stream. Searle paid $150 to plaster the note onto Fuentes’s screen during his stream—after joining hordes of other viewers in pledging their fealty to Fuentes and his movement.

Here’s how Fuentes directed Searle and other viewers through the pledge:

Raise your right hand. “I swear my undying allegiance to Nicholas J. Fuentes and the America First movement, so help me God.” Raise your hand. Hold it high. “I swear I will defend the white race, my nation America, and my savior Jesus Christ, and my loyalty to the America First movement, Nicholas J. Fuentes, so help me God.”
    Such a crazed pledge is concerning, given the gravity of such a movement and what it stands for.

“The Groypers are essentially the equivalent of neo-Nazis,” Nicole Hemmer, a historian and expert on the far right, told TPM. “They are attached to violent events like Jan. 6. Nick Fuentes, as sort of the organizer of the Groypers, expresses Holocaust denialism, white supremacy, white nationalism, pretty strong anti-women bigotry, he calls for a kind of return to Twelfth Century Catholicism. They’re an extremist group that is OK with violence.”

And this is the type of ideology that Searle so zealously embraces: the type of ideology Gosar has always flirted with and now spends taxpayer dollars to employ.

“A kind of even sub rosa identification of Groypers as congressional aides is the same as having Holocaust deniers, or alt righters, or, you know, Aryan Nations people,” Hemmer continued. “It’s as extreme and as racist as you get in the United States.”

Tellingly, the neo-Nazi staffer started the very day after Gosar was removed from House committees for posting a video depicting him cutting Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez with a sword. A censure like that is generally meant to rein someone in, but Gosar dug his heels in further, hiring Searle, who bows down to a man who has proudly said he’s “just like Hitler.”

But the story here is not just about Gosar hiring a neo-Nazi; it’s also about how he himself should be taken as one too. Gosar has appeared at Fuentes’s two most recent “America First” conferences—in person in 2021, virtually in 2022. In July 2021, Gosar used congressional letterhead to write directly to the FBI and complain about Fuentes’s inclusion on the no-fly list. Gosar has referred to Fuentes as “Nick,” in formal statements before—not something a member of Congress would do if they lacked familiarity or connection.

If there is to be any scarlet letter in politics, it ought to be for Nazis. Instead, Gosar has snuggled up warmly toward that exact movement.
    Surprising nobody that's actually followed Rep. Gosar over the years, a guy who repeatedly speaks at white supremacist and neo-nazi rallies, repeats their rhetoric, and generally acts like a gross, vile human being.

It's great that Republicans stripped him of his committee seats and all, but it's a shame they're fine allowing a Nazi to serve in their party alongside them. It's not just a difference of opinion, if you let a neo-nazi into your larger group then congrats, you now have a larger group of Nazi's.

This is a topic in which I think there should be no fucking about with. You have any voluntarily association with Nazi's, especially after those nazi's and their ilk have been pointed out to you? You get nothing but universal ostracization and rejection. If his constituents want to sena a Nazi to Congress then they can enjoy having no actual representation because Nazi's don't deserve representation.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I'm shocked! Shocked! Well, not that shocked...

10+ Year Old Account
    Paul Gosar is the biggest shit stain of Arizona politics.
    Which is saying a lot, because my state has a bunch of shit stains like Masters, Lakes, Sinema, McSally, Biggs, and, my personal nemesis, Tom Horne.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

I remember that white supremacist Steve King went full nazi and got stripped of committee's then voted out. Now not even 5 years later, people like Gosar has the speaker by the, well not sure what McCarthy has down there, but it ain't balls.

10+ Year Old Account
    This can't be true. The MAGA crowd has continuously said that the Left was the one that embraced the Nazis. This is obviously fake news.

/s
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

I don't know if I'm making a definitive statement here but Gosar is a racist and white supremacist. On par with Iowa Rep. Steve King. Likely here also is his staffer is keeps the proximity so Gosar does the 1 step away.

This is one more time when we had a thread about who the Republican party was besides some proto-fascists group, it's soaked in white supremacy. The "both sides" that our two political parties are the same needs to be struck down. Besides the 40% or so, too many people cause of your steeped politics give this party a pass and why we might likely delve into fascism and white supremacy in 2024.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

15+ Year Old Account
    Nazis are just your average patriot that are a bit rough on the edges... seems to be the view somehow among some.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Nazis are just your average patriot that are a bit rough on the edges... seems to be the view somehow among some.
    It helps to take off the propaganda blinders about American history and being able to recognize that the USA has always been predicated on the abuse and exploitation of some underclass who was deemed less than fully human. Black people and the history of slavery is the obvious one, but early Chinese workers used as disposable labor in building railroads, women in general, and so on. It really wasn't until the Civil Rights Act before there was at least hypothetical legal equality, and it's taken even longer for that to translate into something closer to social equality.

So when a lot of people talk about "American values", those are the "values" in question. Lynching, slavery, segregation, white supremacy, etc. The Nazis used the USA's race laws as a template for their own for a reason, and this is a legacy that really only started to shift, really, during WWII, largely in reaction to the same Nazis. Americans didn't want to be seen as ideological buddies with them, even if historically they absolutely were.

You've really got to ask these people what America they're "patriots" for. Because the Confederacy was America. Those values never died. They absolutely shaped the USA for nearly a century longer, just without secession.

Now, I'm not saying "Americans are Nazis", here. A lot changed post-WWII. In good ways. But a lot of Americans think those changes were a mistake, and they want a return to "traditional American values", meaning women subjugated into homemakers and babymakers and nothing else, and Jim Crow reinstated and all the horrors that go along with that.

Part of understanding history is understanding the absolutely shocking and heinous evils perpetrated to bring about your modern status quo. Understanding and condemning. Because if you won't understand, you're believing in myth, not fact. And if you're not condemning, you're implicitly endorsing. Yes, even if you're doing the "judge them by the values of their time" bullshit.

And no; the USA's not unique in this. Canada's got a super shitty and horrible history with our indigenous population. But one we've openly and officially acknowledged and are making active efforts to make up for, now. Can't change that past. Can acknowledge it openly and condemn it and try and make amends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And no; the USA's not unique in this. Canada's got a super shitty and horrible history with our indigenous population. But one we've openly and officially acknowledged and are making active efforts to make up for, now. Can't change that past. Can acknowledge it openly and condemn it and try and make amends.
    It might be a long time before the US gets anywhere close to condemning it. Especially where any talks of the horrors of slavery get met with "Those people are long since dead". The tearing down of Confederate monuments is seen as an attack on American history, even though they're participation trophies for generals who literally fought against the United States. The US has a political party that needs its boogeyman in order to whip ignorant buffoons into a rage about their fictional "Great Replacement". Unfortunately until we get enough people to see through the bullshit, it's just going to get worse.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    It might be a long time before the US gets anywhere close to condemning it. Especially where any talks of the horrors of slavery get met with "Those people are long since dead". The tearing down of Confederate monuments is seen as an attack on American history, even though they're participation trophies for generals who literally fought against the United States. The US has a political party that needs its boogeyman in order to whip ignorant buffoons into a rage about their fictional "Great Replacement". Unfortunately until we get enough people to see through the bullshit, it's just going to get worse.
    If the US admits it's not the perfect besty bestest best, then you get to see a portion of the country shit the bed.
    The myth of American Exceptionalism. That just because you were squirted out here, you're the Creme de la Creme.
    Take that away, you have whole swaths that have been (in)bred to believe that USA is the best. The beacon of humanity. Perfection for over 200 years.
    If you were to take that away, then they are Just Another Human on a planet of almost 8 billion.
    and that shit would be hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.