Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    People tell me, I am burned out of WoW, it's ok to quit and say thanks for the fun 19 years I've had, and call it a day.

But I disagree, it's not WoW or me that's the problem, it's the lack of a great expansion.

I felt the exact same way during WoD, I hated Draenor, and thought well that's it, WoW is dead to me, and I unsubbed for the first time in my WoW history, then Legion was coming out, and I thought to myself, I don't know maybe I'll try it, see if WoW is still the game for me? LOL I played Legion 6 or 7 nights a week for 2 years straight I LOVED Legion. So it wasn't WoW in general sucking or me growing tired of the game, it was that Warlords of Draenor expansion sucked, and Legion was an AWESOME expansion for me.

My opinion, the last 10+ years, there's only been two fantastic expansions: MoP + Legion, the others have been mediocre to crap.

- - - Updated - - -
    Well said. This is absolutely true for me as well. Blizzard is simply not able to deliver a proper expansion. If the theme, story, gameplay, atmosphere is good I will play it (Legion). Truth is they just cant deliver anymore since so much talent left. Legion was the last expansion with Tom Chilton as game director. After that we only got crap, go figure. Story and atmosphere has also gone downhill into oblivion and alas Legion was Chris Metzens last work. Atmosphere was still good in BfA ngl but the story was terrible. Since then both shat the bed.

Id also say that ever since Esports took over, mainly in M+, this type of content has become trash as well. M+ has degraded a lot since Legion. Back then it was fun, big pulls, no limits, no BS. Now everything has to be tailored to your MDI crap. Well I simply aint paying for this crap anymore, enjoy your stagnation.
    Last edited by Arai; 2023-05-16 at 03:06 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gonna be honest, you're in the minority. The entire experience of DF has been so much better than the previous expansions, the alertness of blizzard, the patch cycle, the revamps, the insane amount of content. Anyone complaining about DF is honestly just TRYING to find something to whine about. We're actually being listened to as players for the first time in literal years.

I could not be happier with this expansion, it's a solid 9/10 so far.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

It's just y'all. Having entirely "new" dungeons to run this season for M+ is amazing. It feels fresh, keeps me coming back for more. The raid is fun, excited to go back to that this week as well. Then, when I get bored of that, I'll do it all again on an alt for a different perspective. It's not the games fault if you're "not feeling it" out of nowhere. The game is better than it's been in a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Arai View Post
    Well said. This is absolutely true for me as well. Blizzard is simply not able to deliver a proper expansion. If the theme, story, gameplay, atmosphere is good I will play it (Legion). Truth is they just cant deliver anymore since so much talent left.
    As I posted earlier, it seems to me that Blizz is coring out the playerbase they want to keep. It bears repeating that I believe that "lore" will be redefined as it pertains to the current expansion...within that expansion.

Mythic plus got some nice refinement, although it still feels behind in QoL. Too much effort to get simple groups going while they cling to 20 year old notions.

Some nice new tweaks and nods, class balance is genuinely being tried at which I’m impressed at. i guess the staff actually bought the calculator Ion lied about having.

I think one problem I do have with wow at this point is that they’ve basically destroyed the characters and lore.

I’ve never really played this game for story but it does feel really bad to basically have no connection to anything and I think so incredibly little of everything that’s happening.

Being completely real this is the first time in my life playing a game where I am insta skipping cut scenes that I have not seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    The past two expansions have had virtually no characters from previous expansions beyond a few key ones that we see throughout the entire expansion. The dragonscale expedition consists of almost entirely new characters, which imo is a missed opportunity to see how more prominent members of the alliance and horde are interacting with each other in peacetime
    The current design team hates everything related to Warcraft, and they're making their mission to destroy it one piece at a time. Don't expect good old characters to return unless it's to become evil and die for no reason.
    Battle for Azeroth
    Best focking Axpansion!

Well said. This is absolutely true for me as well. Blizzard is simply not able to deliver a proper expansion. If the theme, story, gameplay, atmosphere is good I will play it (Legion). Truth is they just cant deliver anymore since so much talent left. Legion was the last expansion with Tom Chilton as game director. After that we only got crap, go figure. Story and atmosphere has also gone downhill into oblivion and alas Legion was Chris Metzens last work. Atmosphere was still good in BfA ngl but the story was terrible. Since then both shat the bed.

Id also say that ever since Esports took over, mainly in M+, this type of content has become trash as well. M+ has degraded a lot since Legion. Back then it was fun, big pulls, no limits, no BS. Now everything has to be tailored to your MDI crap. Well I simply aint paying for this crap anymore, enjoy your stagnation.
    Yep.

Legion was amazing, and it's not "rose tinted glasses" me saying that. It had Class Halls, Class mounts, Artifact weapon appearances, legendaries to get, World Quests were brand new and way better then, they were quick and you were done. M+ was brand new then and was fun. I actually Raided in Legion too, just Normal mostly, and some Heroic. I loved the main city being Dalaran again. It also had great tier gear for transmog for every single Class, so I was hunting those down too. I felt I had plenty to do in legion with Class Halls and Artifact appearances and Class mounts. I don't play a "main" I play a bunch of alts like 8 to 10 characters during an expansion, so I was busy in Legion.

Legion was the last expansion I played 5+ nights a week for it's 2 year run. I have not played WoW nearly as much since then. Some nights I hop on now, and play for 10 or 15 minutes only and log off, do the World Boss kill and maybe another thing and that's it.

I will say DF is the "best" new expansion since Legion. I thought BfA was mediocre, not great, not terrible, just ok. And Sh!ttylands blew.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2023-05-16 at 04:09 PM.

I have really loved DF thus far ( from a brewmaster season 1 and protection warrior season 2 perspective with WW and Arms in raid ). Already 5 bosses down in heroic with a nice 1621 score in M+ for season 2. The raid has been good since i can just treat it as a way to get tier gear to have fun in mythic plus without putting in a ton of prep time or consumable farming.

The music has been really really good also i would even go as far to say The Azure Span has my 2nd favorite music track ( next to grizzly hills ). This expansion still will not retain me after i complete the raid on Heroic and clear all 20s for season 2 but again i do not think they could do anything to keep me subbed beyond that point since i want MORE different experiences once i " beat " this game ( i will likely finish a few mythic raid bosses but i wont clear it ).

Its a solid 8.5 out of 10 maybe even 9 out of 10.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merin View Post
    I think one problem I do have with wow at this point is that they’ve basically destroyed the characters and lore.

I’ve never really played this game for story but it does feel really bad to basically have no connection to anything and I think so incredibly little of everything that’s happening.
    I mostly share this sentiment. While all these gameplay-related changes are welcome (i.e. no more borrowed power, more flexibility in gearing options, simpler raid mechanics, etc.), I just cannot bring myself to care about any of the characters or storylines in this xpac, least of all after the HUGE travesty that were BfA and SL in terms of lore... among many other things.

Hopefully, for 11.0 they will come with something more enticing than overgrown cute lizards with infantile voice overs. I tried FF14, and while it does several things just fine when it comes to gameplay, I just couldn't stand all that cutesy stuff. Lo and behold, now that crap has found its way into WoW.

- BfA in hindsight wasn't so terrible, we actually liked it, would give it a grade of B- / C+
    Yeah, sorry. Your memory sucks.

Please just recognize this is entirely YOUR OPINION. I think DF is easily the best expansion since MoP, SO FAR. The raids are amazing, M+ is engaging, world content is solid. I love being ABLE to raid log when I don't have time/energy to play every day and I actually find myself playing more often as a result. I can log in and say "what do I want to do today" and always have something that can help my character and be engaging without ever feeling like I'm falling behind so long as I show up for raid night.

The pace of content is absolutely amazing, as well. If they keep this up, it might even surpass MoP in my book, though I'll admit some of that is because I hated the Garrosh storyline and Siege, though a great raid, was tainted by the Garroshness of it all.

I know a lot of people who feel the same way. So, who's right and who's wrong? Nobody, you don't enjoy it right now, so either continue to play because you're engaged by the community or by chasing achievements or whatever it is that keeps you playing, or don't and move on. It's fine to do so. I left near the end of MoP because I didn't like the story, I didn't come back until near the end of Legion. I tried BFA, hated the AP grind, and quit. I tried SL, hated the AP grind, and quit. I tried DF and am loving it. It's a big leap forward from the past several expansions.

You disagree. Fine. Again, just recognize that my opinion is just as valid as yours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Gonna be honest, you're in the minority. The entire experience of DF has been so much better than the previous expansions, the alertness of blizzard, the patch cycle, the revamps, the insane amount of content. Anyone complaining about DF is honestly just TRYING to find something to whine about. We're actually being listened to as players for the first time in literal years.

I could not be happier with this expansion, it's a solid 9/10 so far.
    I don't know who's in the minority or majority. The fact of the matter is every metric Blizzard has released beyond the initial sales being lower than SL has shown that DF is a big success within the community who is still actively playing.

I agree with you entirely, it feels like players of all types are receiving more content that caters to them. World content only players have more to do with better upgrade paths while raid-loggers and M+ players can focus on what they want to do without punishment. And they keep pumping more stuff. I was extremely skeptical about the trading post, but the rewards were good enough that I have decided to chase them, especially that harlequin mog from March. That mog is one of the best I've ever seen, imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    It's just y'all. Having entirely "new" dungeons to run this season for M+ is amazing. It feels fresh, keeps me coming back for more. The raid is fun, excited to go back to that this week as well. Then, when I get bored of that, I'll do it all again on an alt for a different perspective. It's not the games fault if you're "not feeling it" out of nowhere. The game is better than it's been in a decade.
    They even fixed some of the big problems with the dungeons they brought back from old expansions. Freehold doesn't need nearly as complicated pathing to finish at/near the right percentage anymore, as one example. The fact they brought back Vortex Pinnacle is amazing. I LOVED cata dungeons so seeing them again, but fresh, scratches both the new content and nostalgia itch at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    I have really loved DF thus far ( from a brewmaster season 1 and protection warrior season 2 perspective with WW and Arms in raid ). Already 5 bosses down in heroic with a nice 1621 score in M+ for season 2. The raid has been good since i can just treat it as a way to get tier gear to have fun in mythic plus without putting in a ton of prep time or consumable farming.

The music has been really really good also i would even go as far to say The Azure Span has my 2nd favorite music track ( next to grizzly hills ). This expansion still will not retain me after i complete the raid on Heroic and clear all 20s for season 2 but again i do not think they could do anything to keep me subbed beyond that point since i want MORE different experiences once i " beat " this game ( i will likely finish a few mythic raid bosses but i wont clear it ).

Its a solid 8.5 out of 10 maybe even 9 out of 10.
    This raid is absolutely amazing, so far. I'm 6/9 normal and 4/9 heroic. The boss mechanics are fun and the bosses feel well, if slightly under, tuned. The environment is amazing, the fights are amazing. I'm absolutely stunned by this raid. I've always enjoyed raiding for the challenge, but this raid, so far is as fun for me as Throne of Thunder.

Edit -

I recognize this comes off as fanboying, but it's genuinely how I feel. I have felt free to quit the game when I didn't enjoy it and I know that I'll do it again if they take the story in a direction I don't enjoy or if they change the systems. I was expecting DF to be a slight improvement over SL with the benefit of no borrowed power/AP grinds and was expecting mostly to play for the Raids and to hang with my guild. Instead, I find myself enjoying almost every facet of the game for the first time since MoP. If that's not your experience, fine, I can respect that. But I'm having a blast!
    Last edited by Thirtyrock; 2023-05-17 at 02:45 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    10.1 indeed is pretty standard big patch with typical zone and season, but I think it was designed this way to not interfere with Diablo IV - and moving whole tier to late June would be simply too late for people playing raids/M+/PVP. Notice that many potential interesting things that would add spice to 10.1 like time rifts, flying in old world, Evoker spec, megadungeon are in 10.1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    10.1 indeed is pretty standard big patch with typical zone and season, but I think it was designed this way to not interfere with Diablo IV - and moving whole tier to late June would be simply too late for people playing raids/M+/PVP. Notice that many potential interesting things that would add spice to 10.1 like time rifts, flying in old world, Evoker spec, megadungeon are in 10.1.5.
    You've got a point there. I think they're also trying not to overwhelm us. There's plenty to do in 10.1 without it being so much that we can't get to it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    BFA and SL now are not as terrible because they aren't current content. Lemme tell you that EVERYONE was shitting on BFA when it was current, and I don't think I need to mention SL, even if I personally liked the setting.
    When BFA was launching, I was a big defender and advocated a "wait and see" approach. The naysayers were right that time. They were right primarily because of the systems which stacked RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG on top of infinite grinding. While you always had a CHANCE to improve your character from virtually any content, you couldn't really focus on any one thing as "this will definitely improve me" outside of AP grinding. The fact you could get a higher ilvl item from LFR than from Heroic raids due to Titanforging. Or you could need to trash a higher ilvl item because it didn't have the right Azerite traits or, later, corruption was just awful.

LOL at people saying Dragonflight is better than Legion. Pass the pipe.

Thing is, I do like DF, but it's not better than Legion, not even close. But yes it's way better than BfA and SL.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    When BFA was launching, I was a big defender and advocated a "wait and see" approach. The naysayers were right that time. They were right primarily because of the systems which stacked RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG on top of infinite grinding. While you always had a CHANCE to improve your character from virtually any content, you couldn't really focus on any one thing as "this will definitely improve me" outside of AP grinding. The fact you could get a higher ilvl item from LFR than from Heroic raids due to Titanforging. Or you could need to trash a higher ilvl item because it didn't have the right Azerite traits or, later, corruption was just awful.
    I actually think BfA did get significantly better as the expansion went on. The complaints about 8.0 were totally warranted. The level squish with the combination of losing your artifacts felt awful. Azerite was initially a painful chore. By 8.2 it was all pretty much fixed and felt fun to play. Personally I enjoyed BfA M+ more than SL or DF.

For me, DF is a pretty solid expansion so far. But its missing something to get you hyped. Its pleasant but not particularly exciting. So I can sort of understand the OP's sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I actually think BfA did get significantly better as the expansion went on. The complaints about 8.0 were totally warranted. The level squish with the combination of losing your artifacts felt awful. Azerite was initially a painful chore. By 8.2 it was all pretty much fixed and felt fun to play. Personally I enjoyed BfA M+ more than SL or DF.

For me, DF is a pretty solid expansion so far. But its missing something to get you hyped. Its pleasant but not particularly exciting. So I can sort of understand the OP's sentiment.
    See, I actually see it in reverse. 8.0 was livable, though not ideal. 8.2 was miserable. Corruption was worse than Artifact traits, given how powerful some of the corruption powers were. Not having the right corruption gear was incredibly punishing and the amount of RNG involved made it difficult to be competitive if you were unlucky.

I also, personally, got really tired of the feeling of the expansion. I did not like the raid environments, they were dark, broody, and just plain icky. Even going back into Underrot in M+ reminds me of how much time we spent in gross areas. I much prefer titan themed or dragon themed environments like Throne of Thunder, Ulduar, Blackwind Descent, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Thing is, I do like DF, but it's not better than Legion, not even close. But yes it's way better than BfA and SL.
    I think it's better, personally, mainly because of the systems. I hated AP and I hated the legendary system. The story and environment was great. Those two items were game breaking, for me.

I still think it's too early as well, the changes in 10.1 regarding the upgrade system have been the best thing thus far. M+ is very fun with the upgrade system as well for Raiders in case of bad luck protection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

are you comparing to legion at release (or .1 patch) or at end?
    bcs at release legion got a lot of shit, and well desereved

I don't get these diary posts with a load of follow up comments about how you're bored, only x expansion was good, etc.
    What discussion are you hoping to have? Some people are bored of the game/expansion/patch, some people are not.

Always seems to be the same people every expansion or patch cycle with these diary posts, and none of them do any of the challenging content that's available besides LFR and low keys. Find another game if you're this unhappy.
    I <3 JK Rowling.