Poll: Which faction should the Arakkoas join ?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which faction the Arakkoas would fit in the better ?

If the Arakkoas were to leave the Outland and settle in Azeroth, and join one of the two big factions as a playable race, which faction would suit them better ?

Between the Alliance and the Horde, which faction would fit the Arakkoas better ?

Neutral. They should be independent.

Arakkoa are one of the few races I'd have to say work better as a neutral race.

Instead of male/female bodytypes they could do high/low arakkoa and have mixes of both join the factions.

If someone held a gun to my head and I had to choose I'd say Alliance, because the Orcs wiped out the Arakkoa much like they did the Draenei, and the Dark Arakkoa fit better alongside the void elves, Worgen, and such, and they're the MU versions, and I dislike time travel so the light arakkoa (who fit both light draenei and some of the light following alliance folks... but aesthetically dovetail with the Blood Elves and Tauren better) which fit better Horde are AU primarily (unless there's MU survivors we don't know about, which is possible) would be left out.
    Twas brillig

5+ Year Old Account
    Neither...

I guess culturally, they'd have something in common with sun-centric races such as sects of Tauren and Blood elves. Their nomadic and dark-mystic side might also fit better with Vulpera and Draenei. Maybe even Nightelves or Orcs/Trolls that are more in touch with mystic arts and spirituality.

Like Panderen or Drackthyr, there is no benefit to joining one or the other. I'd even suggest letting a massive amount of troops "choose their destiny" and muddying political alliances to be a terrible idea.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

You could probably do one of each type of Arakkoa for both factions. Rukhmar's uncorrupted Arakkoa for the Alliance and those who bear the curse of Sethe for Horde.

Neutral or Horde.

Most arakkoa we have met are xenophobic and genocidal, either towards their own people or towards others (or both).

Writes itself. High Arakkoa for Alliance, cursed arakkoa for Horde. But in general, faction collapse should take place.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    alliance easily, check their history, they hate and suffered a lot from orcs, no way they join horde
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

I have always felt that they would belong better in the Alliance than in the Horde, knowing their history with the Orcs and that Arakkoas' moments of cooperation with the Draenei at Karabor and Shattrah, and the fact that one of them Grizzik joined the Sons of Lothar against the Horde of Draenor, and knowing Aviana's interest in the Arakkoas and that several Arakkoas began to worship the Light.

Their presence could add some exotism to the Alliance, and they could have been the ones to introduce and show the usefulness of Shadow magic to the Alliance instead of the Void Elves. I believe that they should have been made playable for the Alliance, at equivalents of the Ogres for the Horde.

What’s the difference, at this point? The factions are basically the same now. Just make them neutral and call it a day

If there's factions, it would be between the wild God Anzu, the firehawk sun goddess Rukmar, the raven goddess Ka'alu, and the windserpent Sethe.

The cursed Arakkoa loyal to Terokk could have worked with the Horde. The High Arakkoa would work with neither imo. Plus they'd have to have flight to actually fullfill the racial fantasy (which shouldn't really be a problem now that Dracthyr and Soar exist)

Before 7.3 I always wished that the Apexis had gone to space with their Temple of the Sky which was . . .Tempest Keep. Apexis were a Light-focused civilization that had advanced technology focused on crystals. Which is very similar to Draenei only back then we did not know how original Argus tech would look and the Dimensional ships were Naaru tech. How do the Naaru even make tech? Maybe they can manipulate matter with precision telekinesis? But what if they just lucked onto a servant race in the Apexis? In that scenario the Army of Light would have been an army, not a guerilla force, and it would have been composed of various races, including the Apexis which would look like a Lightforged version of the High Arakkoa. And THOSE could join the Alliance.

I could see a portion of the Arakkoas getting blessing from Aviana, and then settle in Feralas or on the mountains of Stonetalon because it's the closest land in Azeroth that is equivalent to the Spires of Arakk they came from, with the permission of the Night Elves after Aviana helped a deal between the two races.

They'd have relations and trade with the Night Elves, thanks to Aviana and to start learning druidism, and with the Draenei, due to the ties they have with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    If the Arakkoas were to leave the Outland and settle in Azeroth, and join one of the two big factions as a playable race, which faction would suit them better ?

Between the Alliance and the Horde, which faction would fit the Arakkoas better ?
    They should be neutral just like the Dracthyr and the Pandaren.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Writes itself. High Arakkoa for Alliance, cursed arakkoa for Horde. But in general, faction collapse should take place.
    Terrok racial leader.

Alliance. I imagine they would hate Orcs and without a 2 hour long history lesson would just see them as warmongering Neanderthals.

Whereas they have seem more open to trading and conversing with Draenei

7+ Year Old Account
    Good old times where we would make theories about the TBC/outland races, for ogres to join the horde and aarakocra to join the alliance, who would knew we would have more elves instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    None. Neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Alliance. I imagine they would hate Orcs and without a 2 hour long history lesson would just see them as warmongering Neanderthals.

They are far too edgy and dark to be part of the alliance. The outcast ones at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post

They also have fought together with the Draenei, during the battle of Karabor when a group of Arakkoa survivors (including Grizzik who would later join forces with the Sons of Lothar) came to help the Draenei defend Karabor against the Horde. The Orcs had to draw the power of the Dark Star to overcome their defense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    They are far too edgy and dark to be part of the alliance. The outcast ones at least.
    The Alliance welcomed the Worgens, Dark Iron Dwarves and Void Elves within its ranks. I don't see why they would reject Arakkoas who'd express their wish to join the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    The Alliance is taking everyone now. That was one of the points to BfA and allied races.