Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Given what's been produced by Blizzard since the last BlizzCon in Nov 2019 :

WarCraft III : Reforged
    WoW : Shadowlands
    Sexual Harassment Lawsuits ™
    Diablo II : Resurrected
    Diablo Immortal
    OW2
    WoW : Dragonflight

I think people have every right to be very skeptical of their performance. And really they have no one but themselves to blame to deteriorated what good will they had with fans.
    To be more precise:

WarCraft III : Deforged - ive returned this crap. Its my first ever returned game in my gamin history since 1992 lol. Give me back my good old W3 with bnet :<
    WoW : Shadowlands - Kekwlands - im still confused about the story
    Sexual Harassment Lawsuits ™ XD
    Diablo II : Resurrected - ok that was nice one
    Diablo Immortal - was ok but not for me. More like okish.
    OW2 - XD XD XD resale same game by adding number two in the tittle. Finally they gave it for free ?
    WoW : Dragonflight - YES. This one is really good.

+ HS Battlegrounds which are great!

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    lol I don't know whether this is referring to the comment on battle passes and loot boxes or the jab at the breast milk thing. I assume it's the later because responding to a stupid comment with a stupid comment and getting this sort of response faux intellectual response is incel af.
    This is maybe the most immature post i have seen the whole week. Can you top it?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    Nice to see people are still as cynical as ever. Monthly mental reminder to stay away from the comments and stop believing that the mmoc crowd will ever improve!
    Nothing new, people still think cynical=smart, while it's still as stupid attitude as being completely gullible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Nothing new, people still think cynical=smart, while it's still as stupid attitude as being completely gullible.
    While I genuinely think MMO-C is a molten cesspool of literal idiots, I can't blame people for being cynical right now.

Starcraft is dead
    Hearthstone is surviving because of Battlegrounds alone
    Diablo 4 seems to be good? Seen some skeptics, but I don't think it looks horrible. Though perceptions may change.
    OW2 is essentially a SLIGHTLY reskinned OW1 since the PVE was scrapped, and barring on unethically advertised
    HOTS is dead

Though I do really like where WoW is, and potentially where it's going. Classic has a new boom because of HC (Not sure how long this will last tbh) and WoTLK, and Dragonflight has been genuinely a good expansion. I'm hoping for something new with Classic, whether it be fresh realms, or Classic+ to go along with the new Hardcore server they want to implement.

With 2/6 of their original IPs seeming to be above ground, and the rest in the dirt, you can't blame people for being cynical - you know, minus the usual MMO-C idiocy you see around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Isn't this the traditional "lame duck" Blizzcon timing, given that a WoW expansion released last year and D4 is releasing this year? What are they going to feature?

That new survival game that's going to be years late to the party?
    You mean the new survival game that will eventually be scrapped because they made enough money with other avenues?
    Und wenn du das Spiel verlierst, ganz unten stehst, dann stehn wir hier und sing Borussia - Borussia BVB!

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    What big announcement would they have aside from a WoW expansion? Another Hearthstone expansion? I guess a Diablo 4 DLC/"expansion"?

Feels like this might mean they have a new game they want to show off? Because if not, I don't see why this year needs a Blizzcon after so many years without one.

Probably this: https://earlygame.com/gaming/blizzar...ly-almost-here
    No idea honestly.

The only “sure” thing is some info on the 20th years WoW expansion.

It will be way too early for whatever D4 expansion and the other IPs are actually dead or in coma.

A new IP is all I can think at the moment, if it will be something related to WC4 or SC3 I would be really surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Blizzard has no proper team left, these devs that are still at blizzard have never made anything good in the gaming industry those that actually made the good games at blizzard have moved on that is why only trash comes out of this company over the last few years all the talent left. Whats left is wierd genderless woke wierdos that think they can make good games but never did produce anything sofar.
    Translation: They don't hajve a team because they don't make games that are catered solely to me and what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Translation: They don't hajve a team because they don't make games that are catered solely to me and what I want.
    You mean everyone? incase you didnt hear: they cancelled the highly anticipated OW2 PvE mode which they had been working on for like 5 years with nothing to show for it... aka they probably havent been working on it at all and are finally facing the reality that they have to cancel it since nothing is done.

Smells alot like Anthem-situation here... that game was mismanaged for years (aka not made) and only the last 18 months were actual development.

This is what it looks like to me... now they are telling us that they will instead make seasonal pve content which is clearly season passes with a small pve mode in it, probably a short mission like what weve had before or if we're lucky an actual story mission similar to what Halo has in its campaign. (obviously built into existing maps to cut corners in development duh)
    And this type of content is smaller and faster to produce so its easier to start working on it now and release sooner since they have to start from scratch! :P

Mark my words, they are going to be similar missions weve already had ingame seasonally, built into existing maps and a short story narrative with new dialogue. Thats it, 20$ tyvm.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    What big announcement would they have aside from a WoW expansion? Another Hearthstone expansion? I guess a Diablo 4 DLC/"expansion"?

Feels like this might mean they have a new game they want to show off? Because if not, I don't see why this year needs a Blizzcon after so many years without one.

Probably this: https://earlygame.com/gaming/blizzar...ly-almost-here
    I wouldn't be surprised if they gave an official release date for Arclight Rumble. Given that we're 4 pages in and it hasn't been brought up is proof that everyone kinda forgot about it.

There is nothing exciting for this blizzcon except the next wow expac reveal and their survival game, thats literally it. Overwatch pve killed and diablo 4 circle jerking is boring.

There has to be a new WoW expansion released or a new game. Not sure what else they would even talk about... mobile games lol?

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    Nice trailer, i really like the starcraft part.
    you just made me rewatch that like 4 times before it clicked. /shakesfist

No starcraft really sucks man... =(

Getting ready for 4 hours of WoW and arclight rumble release I guess. It'll be with a big parade too and "Its ready for you now!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Wonder if theres anything to show here? I would expect a xpac announcement for wow. Besides that, I wouldnt really have high hopes. OW2, D4 & wow. Will there even be a SC2 global finals? Blizzard have given up on that, the only esport from them that actually is somewhat relevant to this day. On that note - they should host a SC Brood War event!

In any case - These cons are first and foremost for fans to meet up with eachother and the devs. Glad for those that can go!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Wonder if theres anything to show here? I would expect a xpac announcement for wow. Besides that, I wouldnt really have high hopes. OW2, D4 & wow. Will there even be a SC2 global finals? Blizzard have given up on that, the only esport from them that actually is somewhat relevant to this day. On that note - they should host a SC Brood War event!

In any case - These cons are first and foremost for fans to meet up with eachother and the devs. Glad for those that can go!
    WoW expansion, Classic plans post Wrath, new survival game, D4 expansion with new class. Should be enough for event. For OV2/Hearthstone, probably some minor stuff as usual. Diablo Immortal won't be even mentioned, they like print money from mobile crowd guys, but it's not like they are proud about it to show updates on Blizzcon.

What would surprise me (but I don't have any hopes for): Warcraft III overhaul, anything about Starcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    WoW expansion, Classic plans post Wrath, new survival game, D4 expansion with new class. Should be enough for event. For OV2/Hearthstone, probably some minor stuff as usual. Diablo Immortal won't be even mentioned, they like print money from mobile crowd guys, but it's not like they are proud about it to show updates on Blizzcon.

What would surprise me (but I don't have any hopes for): Warcraft III overhaul, anything about Starcraft.
    If they learned anything from the Diablo Immortal reveal, they wont mention that game at all. have a booth for it, sure, but thats it.

But as you sum it up - yeah its enough to fill in a Blizzcon for sure.

I share the hope of something with WC or SC, but doubt it will happen.

Maybe something about the new survival game they are working on?

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    you just made me rewatch that like 4 times before it clicked. /shakesfist

No starcraft really sucks man... =(

Getting ready for 4 hours of WoW and arclight rumble release I guess. It'll be with a big parade too and "Its ready for you now!"
    Im sorry for that.

I dont have much hope for SC - even if they announce something SC related im sure it wont be a RTS at all - it will be some weird game noonce asked for (like the battlefield-like SC Game that was cancled). And even if its a RTS it will be not on the same level as SC2

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that Jedi Survivor has been out and as a whole 3rd person games have been quite good, think something akin to God of War, Horizon, Gears of War etc. there's a fine spot for StarCraft themed game right there. Yeah sure they had the SC: Ghost which was scrapped, but something like it would be a great thing. Throw in some character elements or different classes and there you have it. I really wish to see how bringing Metzen back could revitalizer the Blizzard as a whole.

Honestly I can't wait to ask them about what their future efforts are for diversity and inclusion in the company and how they will include more diverse cultures in their games. The future update of adding pronouns in their games is a solid step forward for their rebirth into a more open and positive work culture. Hopefully Preach can get some more behind the scenes footage on the progress Blizzard has been making for their employees and fans.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    This whole event is basically a massive press release/investor presentation and has been for multiple years at this point.

It was pretty obvious the year where their headlining announcement was a mobile game that turned out to be years out anyway.

Much as Blizzard likes to claim otherwise, Blizzcon is most definitely not for the players.

At least the fact that a Blizzcon is happening means leak season will be all the more hilarious when the usual suspects start spitballing their every delusional desire for WoW in a fictional expansion.
    It has always been this, did you think conventions were something else?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Obvious it is mostly gonna be WoWcon because rest of their games are sleeping at the graveyard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?