Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Great movie, even watched it twice.
    Last edited by LiamTes928; 2022-11-22 at 06:57 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    This might just be a rumour..

Alleged Plot Leak Of Upcoming MonsterVerse Sequel To ‘Godzilla Vs. Kong’ Claims To Reveal Film’s Villain.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2022/...films-villain/
    JB Augustine December 24, 2022

The MonsterVerse is continuing with an Apple TV Plus series and a sequel to Godzilla vs. Kong directed by that film’s helmsman Adam Wingard, who is keeping a fairly tight lid on the proceedings. Filming at the studio space down in Australia is reportedly done but other than some set video, nothing remarkably spoiler-heavy has leaked.

With the release of the follow-up titled Godzilla and Kong – that possibly has the addendum “Origins” – two years out, we aren’t supposed to know too much about the plot. After all, everybody involved is muzzled by non-disclosure agreements. However, those are not antidotes to information getting out there – not with the anonymity of the internet and its furthest corners.

Plot details discovered by YouTuber Warstu could give away key points and outcomes of the film’s story many can’t wait to hear. According to an early logline, this includes the monstrous villain that has hidden deep within the Hollow Earth for thousands of years. Finally emerging after all this time, it forces Kong and Godzilla to team up again and defeat it.

But what is this creature? What kaiju could be so powerful to require the combined forces of God and King to save the Earth from it? Warstu’s intel says the identity of the menace is SpaceGodzilla – kind of. Similar to what we learned from extended MonsterVerse lore, the version of Space-G in Legendary’s shared universe will be radically different from his Toho counterpart.

If the information is accurate, though, he won’t be too far off the mark. In fact, the origin of SpaceGodzilla and his first appearance during the Heisei era is still disputed. Back then, SpaceGodzilla was conceptualized as the spawn of Biollante, a GMO freak of nature made with Godzilla cells that wound up in space. One remix in a black hole later, out popped the former monstrosity.

There’s also the theory that Mothra carried Godzilla’s DNA into space.

SpaceGodzilla’s MonsterVerse counterpart will allegedly retain attributes of his mama Biollante. Warstu says Space-G will use plant matter to build his body and evolve. Two of his forms will best Kong – as well as absorb the King’s ax – and Godzilla in battle before they face the final form together. By that point, odds are good he will look more like his usual self.

At least, a little bit like he was; the leak adds Space-G will be embodied in a crystal that’s centered in the abdomen of a “Godzilla suit held together by plants,” similar to TMNT enemy Krang. This description also has echoes of Biollante’s egg sack nucleus from her 1989 appearance so Wingard might draw inspiration from that as much as the Ninja Turtles.

SpaceGodzilla is known for crystalline protrusions which are accounted for in the report with a corollary. His origins will be rooted in the floating stones found in the Hollow Earth or self-same crystals which are the source of the mysterious energy that gives them their glow. Whatever it is, its power begets his genesis and is also responsible for creating the Titans.

This information will excite kaiju fans but it should be considered a rumor strictly and taken with a pinch of salt until further notice. Warstu found it all on 4Chan, which has a so-so track record, but the site is a consistent source for this type of scoop. Remember too that the GVK leaks on Toho Kingdom were rather accurate.

Moreover, the 4Chan post was made by a guy calling himself Bryan, who claims to be working for a firm handling Godzilla and Kong’s merchandise in some fashion. People working with Playmates and Legendary would be given an adequate heads-up about the plot months or years in advance. Toys spoiled the reveal of Mechagodzilla and Kong’s ax in GVK; the same thing can happen again

What do you make of this alleged leak?

5+ Year Old Account
    oh

my lawd

WOW

- - - Updated - - -

Godzilla x Kong: Title Reveal

Legendary
    1 hour ago

The Monsterverse continues. Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire, only in theaters, March 15, 2024.

I've watched a lot of stupid movies over the years but these last few Godzilla/Kong movies are beyond stupid.

5+ Year Old Account
    Some are claiming its kong in the trailer, but it looks like an orangutang, or king louie on crack

- - - Updated - - -

plot synopsis for Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire

This latest entry in the Monsterverse franchise follows up the explosive showdown of Godzilla vs. Kong with an all-new cinematic adventure, pitting the almighty Kong and the fearsome Godzilla against a colossal undiscovered threat hidden within our world, challenging their very existence – and our own. The epic new film will delve further into the histories of these Titans, their origins, and the mysteries of Skull Island and beyond, while uncovering the mythic battle that helped forge these extraordinary beings and tied them to humankind forever.

7+ Year Old Account
    It will be an movie like the previous ones, or just CGI? well i at least expect more monsters fighting and less humans doing shit and ruining the mood.

So..

Is it gonna be another 80 minutes of human interaction and nonsense and 10 minutes total of the monsters spread in 1 min increments over the course of the movie?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    So..

Is it gonna be another 80 minutes of human interaction and nonsense and 10 minutes total of the monsters spread in 1 min increments over the course of the movie?
    ^spoken as somebody who did not see Godzilla vs Kong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I've watched a lot of stupid movies over the years but these last few Godzilla/Kong movies are beyond stupid.
    Genuine question: what do you actually expect from films about giant monsters?

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Genuine question: what do you actually expect from films about giant monsters?
    The action itself is great, monsters punching each other etc

I can accept things like hollow earth to exist in the movie, that's the good kind of stupid. But when they want get Kong to hollow earth and fear Godzilla to catch him, knowing Godzilla hangs around at sea, choose sea travel to do it and when that fails spectacularly they get a couple choppers to airlift Kong. Yeah, it's been done to give us a fight but it's stupid to not airlift him in the first place.

Or how Enola Holmes finds the podcast dude who went to great lengths to hide his identity. By looking at his website and then go around shops looking for a guy who bought bleach. Yeah, of course they have to find him but that was stupid.

And even if the fights are visually great and I should throw all logic over board watching them... but... all the trouble humans had to go through to get to hollow earth and Godzilla then just blasts his way through the ground with his atomic breath. An atomic breath that Kong who is known to be hurt by gun fire can withstand. Shielded by a magic axe.

Monster movies are stupid by design, but Godzilla vs Kong is the wrong kind of stupid.

5+ Year Old Account
    claims he has spoilers about the villain n stuff

EXCLUSIVE Full Plot Breakdown, Villain Leaks & More Godzilla X Kong The New Empire!

Mr H Reviews
    1 hour ago

EXCLUSIVE Full Plot Breakdown, Villain Leaks & More Godzilla X Kong The New Empire!

10+ Year Old Account
    can’t watch the video at the moment… can anybody summarize what the supposed plot details allegedly are?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    can’t watch the video at the moment… can anybody summarize what the supposed plot details allegedly are?
    Not sure about the correct spelling of some of the names..

villain is a red ape called scar king, he has a big reptile spine whip that he swings around, he is more agile than kong
    he uses it to control the first original titan (kaiju), a white reptile called Shimu, that has massive frost powers, which apparently caused the ice age
    at the tip of scar king's whip, there is a crystal that comes from Shimu, that is how scar controls the lizard
    Scar looks like some orangutangish/Gigantopithecus/Koba (from planet of the apes) ewul looking mix

Kong is lonely in the hollow earth, fights some hyena titans that he eats later

Scar king leads a tribe of brute ape titans, he was once a protector but got powerhungry, apparently godzilla or someone like him imprisoned him long ago

By mistake or something, Scar King gets released by Kong

Kong will save a small child ape titan, Suko, so u get a father-son relationship, a son of kong story i guess

Scar king wants to go to the surface n take over

There's a monarch doctor that specializes in healing titans

Something about cybernetic upgrades, for humans or titans? dunno...

sounds like lots of SMASH!

- - - Updated - - -

Sheesh, they took down his video, might have been true then!

Good thing I downloaded it in time!
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2023-05-18 at 06:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Felt like bumping this over this report about GxK:

https://comicbookmovie.com/sci_fi/ka...7406#gs.6uvfad

GODZILLA x KONG: THE NEW EMPIRE Test Screening Reactions Drop And Godzilla Fans May Not Be Happy

Rumour has it that test screenings for Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire have begun, and while reactions are largely positive, it seems King Kong overshadows Legendary's King of the Monsters, Godzilla...

Legendary's Monsterverse movies have largely been met with a positive response, with only Godzilla: King of the Monsters deemed a true disappointment. While reviews for Godzilla vs. Kong weren't glowing, Kaiju fans didn't care what critics said and took great delight in watching the iconic Titans brawl on screen.

Next up for the duo is a team-up in Adam Wingard's Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire next year. Plot details have been largely kept under wraps but test screenings have reportedly begun and, while spoilers have not followed thus far, some very early reactions have (via SFFGazette.com).

It sounds like the movie is very comedic, no great surprise given the humour injected into Godzilla vs. Kong's human cast in 2021. It sounds like Wingard has continued to embrace the franchise's silliness across the board as the plot is described as very Showa-esque and heavy on sci-fi.

While Gareth Edwards' Godzilla was firmly grounded in reality, this is the direction the Monsterverse has been heading in for a while now...and, for the most part, it seems to work for it.

However, even though the overall consensus is that the movie is good, it does sound like this cut was overlong and that Kong once again gets more screen time than Godzilla. One viewer went so far as to say, "I enjoved every aspect of Kong's plot but was very annoyed that Godzilla was sidelined once more. I feel Wingard doesn't treat Goji with the same respect as Kong."

Still, they went on to add that "you'll get a kaiju fight every 20 min and half of those fights are in daytime," describing the movie as "very much entertaining."
    Now, I don't really care for test screening "reviews" but I do understand that many people who are test screeners are also fans (sometimes). I remember the criticisms for Godzilla (2014) being mostly about (1.) it being too dark, and (2.) the Big G's screen time. GvK (2021) was a King Kong film with Godzilla making cameos and I understand that Kong has more marquee value (and more recognition) with American audiences... but Kong's story ruled the film. Not Godzilla's.

However... these test screenings... I dunno-- I really don't want to put too much stock in them but a lot of these criticisms seem on point due to them being already established criticisms within the previous films.

Still super stoked to see it though.

5+ Year Old Account
    sounds liek team godzilla being mad, they had their day last movie where godzilla had the edge, to my annoyance as team kong, so they mad that godzilla doesn't outshine kong once again? Cry me a river..

As for kong getting more screentime in interacting with humans, well, he is more human-like, empathetic, so its more natural he becomes the focus...what sort of interaction do they want with godzilla? all that beast knows is to smash..while that's entertaining..that is the with of how he interacts with others...he either smashes or growls menacingly n departs...not much story material there..besides he gets more movies made than kong...and there is a japanese one coming out...when was the last time japan did anything with kong?..

5+ Year Old Account
    2nd trailer for the japanese movie (we really need a Kaiju mega-thread...)

I can't wait to see Minus 1 in Imax. Can't fucking wait!

5+ Year Old Account
    Seems everyone is raving about minus one? Apparently it's very good for a godzilla moouvie

Here's some new pics for godzilla vs kong 2, that's some really good cgi fur stuff on kong

- - - Updated - - -

Pinkzilla? Why? Not saying it can't work, they had pink lazerz in Terminator n they managed to make it look good.
    Does Godzilla have some new powers?

Godzilla x Kong : The New Empire | Official Trailer

Warner Bros. Pictures
    Dec 3, 2023 #GodzillaXKong

Witness the rise of a new empire. #GodzillaXKong - Only in theaters 2024

The epic battle continues! Legendary Pictures’ cinematic Monsterverse follows up the explosive showdown of “Godzilla vs. Kong” with an all-new adventure that pits the almighty Kong and the fearsome Godzilla against a colossal undiscovered threat hidden within our world, challenging their very existence—and our own. “Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire” delves further into the histories of these Titans and their origins, as well as the mysteries of Skull Island and beyond, while uncovering the mythic battle that helped forge these extraordinary beings and tied them to humankind forever.

Once again at the helm is director Adam Wingard. The film stars Rebecca Hall (“Godzilla vs. Kong,” The Night House”), Brian Tyree Henry (“Godzilla vs. Kong,” “Bullet Train”), Dan Stevens (“Gaslit,” “Legion,” “Beauty and the Beast”), Kaylee Hottle (“Godzilla vs. Kong”), Alex Ferns (“The Batman,” “Wrath of Man,” “Chernobyl”) and Fala Chen (“Irma Vep,” “Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings”).

The screenplay is by Terry Rossio (“Godzilla vs. Kong” the “Pirates of the Caribbean” series) and Simon Barrett (“You’re Next”) and Jeremy Slater (“Moon Knight”), from a story by Rossio & Wingard & Barrett, based on the character “Godzilla” owned and created by TOHO Co., Ltd.. The film is produced by Mary Parent, Alex Garcia, Eric Mcleod, Thomas Tull, Jon Jashni and Brian Rogers. The executive producers are Wingard, Jen Conroy, Jay Ashenfelter, Yoshimitsu Banno, Kenji Okuhira.

Once again, Wingard is collaborating with director of photography Ben Seresin (“Godzilla vs. Kong,” “World War Z”), production designer Tom Hammock (“Godzilla vs. Kong,” “X,” “The Guest”), editor Josh Schaeffer (“Godzilla vs. Kong,” “Molly’s Game”), costume designer Emily Seresin (“The Invisible Man,” “Top of the Lake”). The composers are Tom Holkenborg (“Godzilla vs. Kong,” “Mad Max: Fury Road”) and Antonio Di Iorio (additional music on “Godzilla vs. Kong,” the “Sonic the Hedgehog” films).

Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures Present a Legendary Pictures Production, A Film By Adam Wingard, “Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire.” It is slated for release nationwide only in theaters and IMAX on April 12, 2024 and beginning 10 April 2024 internationally, distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures except in Japan, where the film will be distributed by Toho Co., Ltd and in mainland China, where it will be distributed by Legendary East.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2023-12-03 at 09:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't expecting a trailer so soon.

I'll be sold as long as the monster action is satisfying, and the human elements aren't aggressively stupid.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

I just don't agree with the idea that Gojira is a face.

When this motherfucker shows up, it ought to be sheer ATOMIC TERROR.

Also, King Kong having an infinity glove is laugh out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Also, King Kong having an infinity glove is laugh out loud.
    I assume that's their plan to keep the human characters relevant. "Oh no, Kong's hand got crippled using that axe of his! Better build a giant cybernetic glove to help him out!" At least it seems more impactful than just pouring some drink on a console...