Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly Pirates are just low impact for WoW. I just cannot see them becoming a threat worth our time.
    BFA?
    Dedicated zone and dungeon too.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    BFA?
    Dedicated zone and dungeon too.
    Sure. Leveling and in a dungeon. They are not the main theme of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    He is here because Blizzard doesn't trust its players to read into the subtext
    I mean... *waves at vocal part of the playerbase*
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utsuko View Post
    Tinker is definitely the class I look forward to the most. I don't know if it would come out directly after the evokers, but given the new direction the game is taking, anything is possible. I just want my turret lol.
    After Evoker 3rd spec getting released mid-expansion, anything is possible really. Ion did pretty much confirm that there will be more classes in the future, and there really isn't much left outside of the Tinker.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If they’re doing Kezan, then you have to do Undermine. Given that the developers said that Zalarak Caverns could lead to more underground stuff in the future, it makes sense. I suppose the question is if they went that route, would they introduce the Tinker class in 11.0 right after Evokers? That would be something.
    As much as I personally would like Tinker, I just don’t see two expansions in a row with new classes.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    As much as I personally would like Tinker, I just don’t see two expansions in a row with new classes.
    A little over a week ago, you didn't believe they would add a 3rd spec to a class mid-expansion.

Yet here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Pirates are great intro/first raid of expac material. Can you imagine a raid on a fleet of boats?
    I imagined it the entirety of BfA, but it never came...

I would absolutely love a proper naval themed raid for once. The pitiful amounts in Dazar'alor only put into sharper relief how little the Kul Tiran and Zandalari Navies actually mattered.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

A pirate themed expansion will not do well imo, just doesn't have the necessary pull and would get boring quite quickly.
    Won't keep me playing for long.

A little over a week ago, you didn't believe they would add a 3rd spec to a class mid-expansion.

Yet here we are.
    To be fair, and I'm not meaning this in a negative way, Augmentation was likely planned for release, but it had to be cut/delayed for some reason.
    Because I very much doubt that they saw the positive feedback for Evoker and only then decided "let's do a thrd spec!" and build an entire spec in just a few months.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Utsuko View Post
    I just hope the DHs get a third one too. A ranged spec with arcs, as seen on Hearthstone. They could tame demonic beasts.
    As a main hunter, I dream of that haha.
    Plus Loramus is the first DH of WoW and he uses felhounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Ersula being the voice of reason was not on my list for this week.
    I suppose that pressing circumstances demand remarkable changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    I straight up noped out of reading this thread most of today when I saw what was going on, again.
    I don't think we've ever seen such an instance of destructive simultaneity. Scylla and Charybdis come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Same, and at this point I am just tired of constantly fighting to not have the thread turn into lore sub-thread...
    Only one place to go from here: it's time to talk about Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Would be cool to see tbh
    I'd add this from the next expansion thread;
    Each group of keepers guarded and worked at a facility.
    We had Odyn's group with Ulduar and the Forge of Wills which was meant to guide the mind of the world soul and was used to churn out more Titanfroged
    We had Ra's group (which I wish we could have explored instead of the Indiana Jones parody bullshit) with Uldum and the Forge of Origination which was a failsafe in case everything went poorly.
    And then we know we also have Innaria's group. I'd assume they controlled Uldorus which would then be in Avaloren (since we keep getting told about it). And it would have had to have a third Forge for a group of Keepers to be there for maintenance. What would it's purpose be?
    One of the biggest mysteries in our WoW fandom is what happens when a Titan is born. How violent is the act of birth, what happens to the planet around the world soul. We cannot really make a call based on Argus because of Sargeras' interference. Yet the facility holding Argus' world soul was named AntORUS, similar to UldORUS. So that facility likely holds Azeroth's world soul or at least is the closest one to it. I posit that the last Forge would be the one meant to midwife the Titan birth. This links an Avaloren plot with Azeroth's actual awakening
    I also wonder if there was some Mesoamerican-themed Keeper group linked to Uldir but again, missed opportunity to explore that with Zandalar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Only one place to go from here: it's time to talk about Sylvanas.
    Or we could make a point and try to be constructive. Comment on them if you must and then post something else that fits the thread theme (or rather don't comment since if you post one paragraph about them and multiple constructive ones trying to steer the discussion back, you still get infracted for it . . .)
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-05-19 at 05:53 AM.

Yeah, I don’t buy the notion of Rafaam being a major villain for a void expansion. I could see him be a semi-major villain in a Titan expansion where a Titan artifact is posing a major threat to Azeroth, and the heroes and the Explorer’s league has to stop him.

However, that sounds more like a patch storyline.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh, we had BFA. Plenty of pirate stuff in that expansion.
    One dungeon?

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly Pirates are just low impact for WoW. I just cannot see them becoming a threat worth our time.
    A pirate fleet that dwarves the combined forces of the Horde and the Alliance with a Euron Greyjoy esque leader on a quest to claim ancient and magical power, with the ability to control dragons and deep sea terrors would definitely be a threat worth our time.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure. Leveling and in a dungeon. They are not the main theme of the expansion.
    Garrosh and a splinter faction of the Horde were the main antagonists of an expansion. Why couldn’t the above also be?

My proposal isn’t pirates the main theme of an expansion anyway. It would be a MoP style expansion set on Tel’Abim focused on exploration and ancient civilisation with focus on Djinn and Ifrit also. I just see Nightsquall and a titanic pirate fleet as major antagonists there.
    Last edited by Santandame; 2023-05-19 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    A pirate fleet that dwarves the combined forces of the Horde and the Alliance with a Euron Greyjoy esque leader on a quest to claim ancient and magical power, with the ability to control dragons and deep sea terrors would definitely be a threat worth our time.

My proposal isn’t pirates the main theme of an expansion anyway. It would be a MoP style expansion set on Tel’Abim focused on exploration and ancient civilisation with focus on Djinn and Ifrit also. I just see Nightsquall and a titanic pirate fleet as major antagonists there.
    While I'm enamored of the ideas presented, I don't think I don't think Blizz should develop it...at this time.
    At this time Blizz lacks the creative fortitude to develop well and fully any expansion that held a depth that MoP had. If they were to make the attempt in the near future it would be ruinous to the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Garrosh and a splinter faction of the Horde were the main antagonists of an expansion. Why couldn’t the above also be?

Anyone can be made a threat with the right McGuffin. I mean if you find a way to give Nightsquall the Orb of Dragonkind.

Anyone can be made a threat with the right McGuffin. I mean if you find a way to give Nightsquall the Orb of Dragonkind.
    ...or a slave to some mythic level "jailer..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    To be fair, and I'm not meaning this in a negative way, Augmentation was likely planned for release, but it had to be cut/delayed for some reason.
    Because I very much doubt that they saw the positive feedback for Evoker and only then decided "let's do a thrd spec!" and build an entire spec in just a few months.
    Of course Evoker was always planned to be a third spec. Whether they ran out of time before reveal, or they wanted to attach the third spec to a storyline, it’s quite clear that development for the spec happened long before Dragonflight was released.

My point is that at this stage where Blizzard doesn’t really seem bonded by their old “rules”, there’s no reason to doubt that Blizzard could release a new class in 11.0. It could certainly happen.

That said, my money is still on Yrel invasion with Arrakoa and Ogres for new races. On the class side, maybe some more support specs get added to the existing classes. I could see Enhancement, Survival, and Discipline go Support.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2023-05-19 at 09:47 AM.

Of course Evoker was always planned to be a third spec. Whether they ran out of time before reveal, or they wanted to attach the third spec to a storyline, it’s quite clear that development for the spec happened long before Dragonflight was released.

My point is that at this stage where Blizzard doesn’t really seem bonded by their old “rules”, there’s no reason to doubt that Blizzard could release a new class in 11.0. It could certainly happen.

That said, my money is still on Yrel invasion with Arrakoa and Ogres for new races. On the class side, maybe some more support specs get added to the existing classes. I could see Enhancement, Survival, and Discipline go Support.
    They would not change existing specs into supports ones. There are people that enjoy those specs, It would provoke unnecessary backlash. I see new specs happening, though.
    Last edited by Darkarath; 2023-05-19 at 09:59 AM.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

And then we know we also have Innaria's group. I'd assume they controlled Uldorus which would then be in Avaloren (since we keep getting told about it). And it would have had to have a third Forge for a group of Keepers to be there for maintenance. What would it's purpose be?
    We've already seen Uldorus : it's Tyrholds (https://www.wowhead.com/item=201726/...report-uldorus)
    MMO Champs :

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    They would not change existing specs into supports one. There are people that enjoy those specs, It would provoke unnecessary backlash. I see new specs happening, though.
    I'd agree but Survival says hi

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    We've already seen Uldorus : it's Tyrholds (https://www.wowhead.com/item=201726/...report-uldorus)
    Oh you are right! Damn, there goes the naming scheme staying consistent