10+ Year Old Account
    They're playing in my neck of the woods in December, might be fun to go, haven't seen them in person since they last visited San Diego.
    /s

Well, it's official, I'm going to London for the Bills game in October. Should be nice, I'm usually only ever in England for Christmas or some other dreary time of year. Haven't been in a non-winter season since probably the early 00s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, let me chime in too then. Patriots will be in Germany in Nov., some 5 hours travel away from me, and I will most likely attempt to get tickets, assuming nothing changes. Problem is that so will some 2 million other people, give or take, for a game with just about 70k tickets.

And I might be able to afford tickets and travel if I can purchase directly, but if I have to go to re-sale tickets, then I'll almost certainly be priced out of the market. We'll see how it goes, somewhere in July.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Well, it's official, I'm going to London for the Bills game in October. Should be nice, I'm usually only ever in England for Christmas or some other dreary time of year. Haven't been in a non-winter season since probably the early 00s.
    If it's anything like when I was there for the Raiders game, if you've good weather that stadium becomes a sauna.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Well, let me chime in too then. Patriots will be in Germany in Nov., some 5 hours travel away from me, and I will most likely attempt to get tickets, assuming nothing changes. Problem is that so will some 2 million other people, give or take, for a game with just about 70k tickets.

And I might be able to afford tickets and travel if I can purchase directly, but if I have to go to re-sale tickets, then I'll almost certainly be priced out of the market. We'll see how it goes, somewhere in July.
    Something I've always been curious about with European fans, if the NFL expanded to Europe in your home country do you think you would still mainly support the team you currently do or would you switch to supporting the more local team?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Raiders finally give McDaniels a pet project. Dude can throw but he can't run to save his life.
    So he’s overcorrecting for Tebow
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Just read this
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...l-playoff-game

If you want to watch playoff Football mainly the Saturday night game on wild-card weekend will be on Peacock.

Or something like that. I don't mind games being on a service. I find it annoying that they spread them out over multiple ones in a season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    Something I've always been curious about with European fans, if the NFL expanded to Europe in your home country do you think you would still mainly support the team you currently do or would you switch to supporting the more local team?
    I think it would be a 1a and 1b situation, where I suppport both unless they play each other. Would be tough if they ended up in the same division/conference though.

Then again, draynay seem to do basically this and it seems to work fine so, I'm sure I'd be able to make it work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell no, my team is my team, I've suffered too much to quit now.

I'm not about to go for the London Sillynannies because they moved from Jacksonville
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be a 1a and 1b situation, where I suppport both unless they play each other. Would be tough if they ended up in the same division/conference though.

Then again, draynay seem to do basically this and it seems to work fine so, I'm sure I'd be able to make it work.
    Yeah, the Rams were the team when I was a kid, then they left and part of why I became a Saints fan is because they beat the traitor Rams in the playoffs. I also lived in San Diego in the early 2000s so I was a fan when they drafted Brees. So I had some preexisting affinity toward those teams before they were in LA. Still I have a clear hierarchy and Saints come first.

Only real conflict was in the 2018 NFC championship game and the refs ruined that one.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Just read this
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...l-playoff-game

If you want to watch playoff Football mainly the Saturday night game on wild-card weekend will be on Peacock.

Or something like that. I don't mind games being on a service. I find it annoying that they spread them out over multiple ones in a season.
    So, the one Peacock "exclusive" game during the regular season is a Bills game. If "exclusive" means it doesn't air on local TV stations, then there's going to be a huge uproar.

In the past, other "exclusive" games (IE TNF on Amazon Prime) still air in Buffalo on local TV if it's a Buffalo game despite being "exclusive." That better at LEAST be the model they're going for.

Of course, paywalling NFL games behind a paid subscription streaming service is shitty as fuck no matter how you slice it, and cannot be accepted by the fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Hell no, my team is my team, I've suffered too much to quit now.

I'm not about to go for the London Sillynannies because they moved from Jacksonville
    Yeah, the Rams were the team when I was a kid, then they left and part of why I became a Saints fan is because they beat the traitor Rams in the playoffs. I also lived in San Diego in the early 2000s so I was a fan when they drafted Brees. So I had some preexisting affinity toward those teams before they were in LA. Still I have a clear hierarchy and Saints come first.

Only real conflict was in the 2018 NFC championship game and the refs ruined that one.
    Yeah, I would likely keep the Patriots as my main team I'd root for over the local team if they clashed.

UNLESS

Unless they brought back the Amsterdam Admirals, including history of being a World Bowl Champion and who played for them. Kurt Warner and Adam Vinatieri played for them for instance, if you want some name drops. In fact, I just learned that Warner and Jake Del'Homme were BOTH on the team in '98. Hell of a QB room!

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    So, the one Peacock "exclusive" game during the regular season is a Bills game. If "exclusive" means it doesn't air on local TV stations, then there's going to be a huge uproar.

In the past, other "exclusive" games (IE TNF on Amazon Prime) still air in Buffalo on local TV if it's a Buffalo game despite being "exclusive." That better at LEAST be the model they're going for.

Of course, paywalling NFL games behind a paid subscription streaming service is shitty as fuck no matter how you slice it, and cannot be accepted by the fans.
    Peacock has a free with ads option, so this is more like TNF on Twitch than on Amazon Prime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I would likely keep the Patriots as my main team I'd root for over the local team if they clashed.

UNLESS

Unless they brought back the Amsterdam Admirals, including history of being a World Bowl Champion and who played for them. Kurt Warner and Adam Vinatieri played for them for instance, if you want some name drops. In fact, I just learned that Warner and Jake Del'Homme were BOTH on the team in '98. Hell of a QB room!

I had that shirt back then. First and last time I supported a team from Amsterdam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    I had that shirt back then. First and last time I supported a team from Amsterdam
    I figured by your location and Kiprich avatar. xD

I'm from Breda originally so not much to root for in football that matters, so I basically supported whichever team was doing well in international play and NAC in club competition.

I watched the NFL World League back in the day, mostly the first 2 years when it was new. Never had any jerseys or anything, but did really enjoy the sport and even stayed up to watch some Cowboys Superbowls at some point in the 90s.

90s were a time of internation growth of US sports anyway. Baseball and especially Basketball were huge too then. Given my own sports background those grabbed me more than Football initially. Wasn't till 2007 when I saw Brady dismantle the Jets in the season opener that I grasped the depth of strategy and how cool that was. Hooked ever since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Peacock has a free with ads option, so this is more like TNF on Twitch than on Amazon Prime.
    Not really. Peacock has a "x amount of stuff on our site is free", but really anything you actually want to watch, you have to pay.

Peacock is free if you have comcast or spectrum which are the 2 largest cable providers in the country iirc. This doesn't help cord cutters I guess but a heads up to anyone that didn't realize this before. I went back to cable because it was actually cheaper than trying to cord cut at this point due to things like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be amazed if everyone doesn't just pirate after YouTube announced their shitty pricing.
    /s

I'd be amazed if everyone doesn't just pirate after YouTube announced their shitty pricing.
    It always amazed me that I could live on the opposite side of the country and still watch every game of some shitty team like rutgers in college football if I wanted to just by having basic cable but to watch NFL games reliably out of market you have to sell a kidney to direct tv or now youtube.

At least redzone is cheap though I guess.