Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Every race but humans.

Trolls and blood elves for sure. Blizzard needs to stop killing their characters and give them good deserved screentime.

Void Elf.

Literally just dumped into the game with a cosmic / eldritch horror theme, and hasn't done anything since BFA campaign and a cameo in visions.
    Quel'dorei and Darkfallen are also now associated with them as subraces, but absolutely no lore or quest content has been developed for them. Alliance begged for High Elves, got a remix of it all with the OG's as a subrace after a ton of protest, and there's just nothing in game reflecting anything.
    Even the NPC that was on the Dragon Isles hasn't appeared anywhere since the boat. (Nethandril.)
    It's actually getting ridiculous, because even Vulpera, who also had a quick introduction - and a proper one still at that - , have NPCs all over the place.

Worgen are right behind them. They at least sometimes have NPC presence, but between paladins not being playable out the game because of a rumored hissy fit from a writer not wanting to give the furries stuff, to Gilneas just sitting there rotting... it's a lot. Wolves are one of the most - if not the most - popular furry races, and not catering to that is a huge mistake.

Night Elves are mishandled, but it's nowhere near to the mishandling of the above two races.

Zandalari. No way "Azeroths biggest navy" that surpasses even KulTirans only have a single island to live at.

They must have cities all around the south seas, must have settled across many different continents for trade and expansion. Yet we don't see them in EK or Kalimdor, except in vanilla STV

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Zandalari. No way "Azeroths biggest navy" that surpasses even KulTirans only have a single island to live at.

They must have cities all around the south seas, must have settled across many different continents for trade and expansion. Yet we don't see them in EK or Kalimdor, except in vanilla STV
    Not just that. I was expecting that Zandalar was damaged due to Cataclysm, but Nazmir is just weird narration-wise.

First it has Titan-facility where there should be none on Zandalar. Trolls are the only race that wasn't directly altered or formed by Titans. By adding titan crap, developers stripped trolls from their cultural identity as well, that their unique moseamerican style isn't even their own (which is even more bizzare as in Shadowlands The Other-side also is using troll aesthetics, and Shadowlands are meant to be older than Azeroth?)

Then we have asspull trolls, that took a lot of attention, and a lot of art resources, where Zandalari have really really rich history and culture and Nazmir should've had farmlands, it should have place where Academics are and Hub where Chroniclers reside, with first raid being a Caverns of Time style, where we learn baout troll history, and visit Aquir Wars and some other important event, they could make up a story where Zandalari or other trolls defended themselves from elves, but at a great cost, or revisist how C'Thraxxi was awakened, or the story of Farraki Martyr, or the story of Gurubashi Summoner that harmed Kraken with his magic. It might've not been pushing any big story going forward but it would be fun imo, it would fit with the "make sure to build good realtions with Zandas" and a key to build good relations with them is to learn more about them, and likewise Alliance could send their Explorers to learn more about their enemies.

But instead we have weird blood slug thing that isn't really satisfying pay-off, and Zul treatment was really cheap. If they wanted Titan Facility, they could've add one on Kul'Tiras or expand the one in Nazjatar. Showing this stuff to Zandalar is just massive disservice, wated time and spotlight whereas you'd imagine helping Zandas fix their land from Cataclysm and fighting of Kul'Tirans navy that is using the opportiunity to strike when Zandas are weak to gain naval dominance would be interesting story by itself. Trolls already have enough of valid enemies to face, you really don't need to pull off completely new and absolutely grotesque breed of trolls so we have another troll vs troll conflict. I'd rather have some truly fun quests intead that would allow me to tap into Zandalari culture. A culmination of Pandaria/Heartlands/Lorewalkers quests, and Suramar type of quests.

And likewise Vol'Dun should have it's strategic points covered. Additionally, only Vol'Dun has an actual Zandalari Lighthouse and dried out crop fields.

I know it might be trivial to others, and I am sucker for details like this - it's really bizzare to me and immersion breaking.

Let's also not forget how Zanza the Restless was treated. The very first Zandalari Loa we ever met in game was demoted to lesser Loa, while he should be one of the top dogs and patron of Arcanitals and various Enchanters but this was completely abandoned aspect of their culture.

Then we have missing places like Tal'Drak. A place where Drakkari residents should be. Even if take the narration of them being wiped out, their settlement should be still there in the snowy area.

What about Xibala? That is one fascinating place, it has enormous skeleton there and the name is reference to Aztec Underworld Xibalba yet there is nothing going on there other than elves appear to steal from trolls again under the guise of Archeology. Whereas it's Zandalari who should be protecting this place and have their own scholars surveying the place. Scholars and Chroniclers are meant to be a big thing among Zandalari, yet they barely get any spotlight as well. There are no libraries no places where chroniclers are studying. Could you imagine how could it would be if their thing would be to copy their texts and crave them onto stone tablets because "Stone is more resilient than paper". or something like that. (kinda like Rio Poneglyph from One Piece).

There are no Jaguar warriors from Isle of Thunder, and they're perfect Monk equivalent.
    There aren't proper training grounds and places where army should be stationed.

But most likely the fact that they only truly control 1/3 of their homeland, which in retrospect is just beyond stupid that they would have conquest ambitions when they don't even fully control their own stuff. It's the same stuff that Iron Horde did- opened portal to Azeroth before making sure that entire Draenor is under their control.

I also really hated how Rezan and Rastakhan were wasted.
    There is more but I think that these were my main gripes with how Zandas were handled.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Every race but humans.
    I was actually going to say humans

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valhalladin View Post
    I was actually going to say humans
    I said that already =)
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Re-reading about the Draenei resistance against the Horde, especially at Karabor and Auchindoun, and seeing how powerful Velen can be and all the tech Draenei and their lightforged skin make me wish that we saw far more involvement for them and cooperation with other races such as Night Elves and Gnomes or Worgens, in the story.

We also could see some interesting interactions and development between the various groups whenever they are normal Draenei, Broken and Lightforged. And also see the Draenei build a proper city and magnificent capital in Azuremyst Isle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Draenei is the obvious answer - for a race literally at a level of technology that allows them to build space-traveling city ships they sure aren't doing much.
    Because its not their tech its Naaru tech. Only a handful even understand it enough to fix it much less produce it themselves.

5+ Year Old Account
    Void Elves. What is their motivation? How do they feel about their loved ones turning against them?
    Kupo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Because its not their tech its Naaru tech. Only a handful even understand it enough to fix it much less produce it themselves.
    Why would the Naaru need tech

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Why would the Naaru need tech
    Cause they still need to travel.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would say i would be surprised to see people mentioning elves, of all races, but im not anymore, too much is alwayss too little it seems.

But on topic, obviously worgens and taurens, but worgens above all else, its criminal how little they explore the race, we don't know much of their whole deal is and how Gulneas is doing, how the curse is going on, cause they would need more numbers, and if the whole nation would chose to become one or not, a lot of stuff that should be detailed or explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Trolls and blood elves for sure. Blizzard needs to stop killing their characters and give them good deserved screentime.
    Trolls do not need more screentime and Blood Elves have had plenty.

Pandaren have all but ceased to exist post-MoP. Dwarves have basically never had real focus outside of their vanilla and wrath storylines and collective identity as "the explorer's league"/magni, which isn't really about dwarves, just largely populated by them.

Bloodhoof Tauren are probably the next case, and then a very huge gap before anything else, besides maybe Vulpera, but their introduction was so recent it's not really fair to compare them.

The Lightforged and their orbital destruction spaceship seem rather untapped, comparatively speaking.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    I would say i would be surprised to see people mentioning elves, of all races, but im not anymore, too much is alwayss too little it seems.

But on topic, obviously worgens and taurens, but worgens above all else, its criminal how little they explore the race, we don't know much of their whole deal is and how Gulneas is doing, how the curse is going on, cause they would need more numbers, and if the whole nation would chose to become one or not, a lot of stuff that should be detailed or explained.
    On the one hand, I would like to see more worgen characters and screen time. On the other, the worgen heritage quest was all about how being a worgen is irrelevant to their identity; if Blizzard's current viewpoint is that being a werewolf isn't the draw of playing a werewolf, then I'd kind of prefer to wait for someone a little more invested in the actual wolf form lore and development.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    Of all the races in Warcraft which one(s) do you think have amazing lore or power potential or both, but that their potential is infairly ignored or neglected ?

Which races could have an amazing history and culture, or do wonders with its magical or scientific and technological capacity, or physical abilities if properly exploited and developed ?
    I don't see how any of these races have any population left after the last 20 or so years that World of Warcraft covers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    The Lightforged and their orbital destruction spaceship seem rather untapped, comparatively speaking.
    Isn't it out of fuel? No argunite or azerite to operate it?
    Last edited by Linkedblade; 2023-05-20 at 06:33 AM.

Hmf...unless the expansion demands it, a player isn't going to get any sort of racial "depth."

Something that defines the character race takes more than a heritage quest. It should take a miniature expansion as it would play into cultural behaviors (and by extension why some classes exist...and more so don't exist or are vilified.)

Most of the current playerbase doesn't care for that narrative since it draws distinctions...lines between races that most players don't care for anymore.

Gnomes are dangerous
    "In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be"

End of quote. Repeat the line.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Gnomes are dangerous
    The Orcs who attacked Gnomeregan during the Second War found this the hard way.