Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    5) Is there no safe beer for conservatives in America to drink right now?!

I honestly can't remember the last time a beer company posted, say, a dude with a gun or pickup truck or farm or something and me and my fellow "librul elites" stopped drinking that beer because of that commercial. I remember stopping drinking Bud and Miller because they didn't taste good, but that's different.

So, yeah. Not only is Trump losing every case in court and apparently some elections, his followers can't even cry into their beers anymore.

Trump, of course, never could. He doesn't drink. His vices cost $5 million and/or divorce proceedings.
    I mean Pride month isn't even here yet and companies are starting their promotions. Let's see if conservatives are ready to boycott everyone who sponsors things during June cause damn, they will starve to death.

That reminds me, I do wonder if anyone ever confirmed if Ultra Right beer, the "anti-woke" beer company was brewed at a facility owned by Budweiser. It's be quite hilarious if it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That reminds me, I do wonder if anyone ever confirmed if Ultra Right beer, the "anti-woke" beer company was brewed at a facility owned by Budweiser. It's be quite hilarious if it was.
    I believe they tried to get a more permanent brewery, in Illinois, but they were removed. Now they are being brewed in Big Kettle Brewing in Georgia.

https://www.newsweek.com/ultra-right...lvaney-1796277

10+ Year Old Account
    Sources are saying that Chris Christie will be announcing a run for President in the coming days.

A few notes:
    They're in direct competition for conservtive-NYPD-thugs-that-actually-live-in-Jersey voters.
    Trump will chew him up and spit him out in about 4 scaramucci cycles.

Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Since he likely won't be a VP candidate for Trump, nor would he be groomed for a job in the administration, there isn't much to lose. Christie can be just as snide, or crass as Trump. I would be very amused watching the two of them in a gloves off verbal battle.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Sources are saying that Chris Christie will be announcing a run for President in the coming days.

A few notes:
    They're in direct competition for conservtive-NYPD-thugs-that-actually-live-in-Jersey voters.

Bullshit.
    He ain't running anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donal...b06749be12d6c7

Keeping up with the times, Donnie Jr. is announcing a...men's lifestyle magazine? Like, in physical print? In the year of our lord 2023?

Someone should probably tell him print has been dying a fairly rapid death for the past decade+.

10+ Year Old Account
    a...men's lifestyle magazine? Like, in physical print?
    It doesn't need to turn a profit. He wants to take in advertising money for cash.

The Trumps are losing money and the focus of law enforcement investigations on nearly every possible level. This includes their campaign funds. They've been looking for ways for people to just hand them large piles of cash for a while. Truth Social is failing, but they likely sold all their stock. The NFTs are a joke but the first batch sold. They keep shifting what they're "selling" and yes, each time it fails, but in the sense of "they got a little money at the start in exchange for doing the bare minimum effort to sustain life". And,

If this sounds familiar, it should. It's most commonly used in two areas: fashion, and fraud.

You can't copyright "little black dress" so when you make the next big fashion statement, you have to expect everyone from Forever 21 to Old Navy to have their version within months. So you keep designing, and designing, hoping something else is the next big thing. You ever see a fashion show, and see 99 Lady Gaga parade float dresses and one actual flattering design?

Look back over your spam call list. Look back through your junk email folder. Scams come in batches. Most of them are childishly obvious. The first person to come up with, say, a real-looking logo and registers amazontechsuppport.com is going to land a few fish. Shortly thereafter, everyone copies that. Shortly thereafter, spam filters pick it up automatically. You probably also got the same spam call about your student loans/car warranty from 20+ different numbers before that stopped suddenly.

The Trump family is fully aware what they're doing is shotgun merchandizing. And they're fully aware of how both fashion and fraud works. The Trumps don't care if the magazine fails, because they'll put up next to nothing for it. It might work, landing a fair amount of advertisers on 12-issue contracts, just before their magazine circulation drops lower than Trump's and they cancel after six issues. Or, it might never get off the ground and they'll just fire the staff.

The Trumps need cash and they need it now. They don't care if 99 of their 100 attempts fail, they won't lose anything of value. They just need one or two to land for a nice payout. Those loans are coming due and nobody gives extensions to rapists who fake paperwork.

It doesn't need to turn a profit. He wants to take in advertising money for cash.
    You need to actually have a readership/circulation numbers to be able to ask for much in the way of advertising fees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tangentially Trump (GOP) related:
    there are only 3 Republicans in the Oregon State Senate left eligible to ever run for office in the state.
    Voters passed a measure that after 10 unexcused absences you become blocked from ever running for office again. The GOP in their haste to be cunts and block any bills from passing have been walking out so the Senate doesn't have the numbers to vote on anything.
    Killing your career in a state to own the libs.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to actually have a readership/circulation numbers to be able to ask for much in the way of advertising fees.
    No.

You have to convince people you have a readership. Just like you don't need a property value to get a loan, you need to tell people you have a property value to get a loan.

You're thinking logically and reasonably. That doesn't apply to Trump supporters.

- - - Updated - - -

Weaselberg should have cooperated.

The NYTimes reports he lied in a deposition and could be charged with perjury.

MSNBC explains how.

Let’s start with the fact that Weisselberg was interviewed by the attorney general’s office three times in 2020: on July 16, July 17, and September 24. The transcripts of those depositions are at least partially public through filings in the attorney general’s civil fraud lawsuit against the Trump Organization, Trump himself, three of his children, and Weisselberg, among others.

And even a cursory read of those transcripts, coupled with other filings by the attorney general, suggests at least one potential avenue for a perjury charge: Weisselberg’s involvement in the overvaluation of Trump’s triplex apartment in Trump Tower and at what point he knew that valuation was false.

Specifically, on July 17, 2020, Weisselberg was asked by the attorney general’s office about the valuation of Trump’s apartment, as included in Trump’s 2015 statement of financial condition. Weisselberg agreed that the valuation was premised on the apartment having square footage nearly three times the size of the actual apartment. And as the Times indicated on Friday, he further agreed the apartment was overvalued because of that mistake by “give or take” $200 million.

Weisselberg was then asked if he had ever “advised any financial institutions that the 2015 statement of financial condition contains this error.” His response? “Well, we didn’t find out about the error until the Forbes article came out, and we just issued statements year over year, we don’t make phone calls during the course of the year or send out letters during the course of the year for a situation like this. It gets adjusted the following year.”

That all seems reasonable — until you see how the attorney general portrays the facts in a brief filed last fall. That brief clearly states, “Weisselberg admitted that the Statements overvalued Mr. Trump’s apartment by ‘give or take’ $200 million — and evidence later revealed he was provided with the true facts regarding the apartment’s square footage before certifying as accurate the inflated apartment value based on false information.” A related filing that same day — an affirmation prepared by a lawyer in the attorney general’s office — details more precisely what Weisselberg knew about the Trump Tower apartment and when:

Tripling the size of the apartment for valuation purposes was intentional and deliberate fraud, not an honest mistake; documents demonstrating the true size of Mr. Trump’s triplex (most notably the condominium offering plan and associated amendments for Trump Tower) were easily accessible inside the Trump Organization, were signed by Mr. Trump, and were sent to Mr. Weisselberg in 2012.
    By contrast, “the Forbes article” Weisselberg referenced in his deposition, according to the attorney general’s filings, was not provided to Weisselberg until March 2017, when he, as well as Donald Trump, Jr. and Eric Trump, were alerted that while Trump told Forbes his apartment was roughly 33,000 square feet, the magazine found property records and “concluded it was less than one third that size.”

Put another way, at least according to the attorney general’s version of events, Weisselberg didn’t learn the valuation was false after the fact, as he testified. Instead, he received documents reflecting the “true size of the triplex” years before he certified the 2015 financial statement.

Therefore, the Manhattan DA’s office has a colorable argument that Weisselberg lied under oath during his July 17, 2020, deposition. The DA’s office declined to comment for this post.
    Incidentally, both articles mention Weaselberg is also facing insurance fraud charges. I don't know what in Trump/Weaselberg's history made him so loyal to not just commit crimes for Trump, not just to go to jail for Trump, and not just to refuse to testify against Trump, but to lie on the stand for Trump. Maybe he'll change his mind when he's staring down the barrel of dying broke in prison.

Surprised no one posted this yet, but Fani Willis has indicated her charges from the Georgia grand jury case is coming in early August. She even told people to get security and everything for it, because she expects to start bringing charges against the people directly connected to the fake electors and election fraud case in Fulton County.

The list includes people like Trump, Lindsay Graham, Mike Flynn, Rudy Guiliani, the remaining of the 16 fake electors that didn't take deals to flip on Trump and others.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...gust-rcna85256
    https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/19/u...ni-willis.html
    https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/19/polit...ion/index.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    The list includes people like Trump, Lindsay Graham, Mike Flynn, Rudy Guiliani,
    I mentioned this only briefly, as I did not catch the significance. Nice catch.

The standout is Graham. Trump and his cabinet-slash-campaign were clearly working together as a cohesive unit. Graham, a Senator, was not. While it's basically objective that he was trying to convince Georgia to, as a little favor for him, overthrow democracy, it's far less clear that he was conspiring with the others to do so. Meaning, because he probably has little evidence on the others, pressing charges with the specific hope he flips probably won't work.

If the case is strong enough -- these calls were recorded after all -- then pressing charges because overthrowing democracy is illegal is the way to go. But I'm guessing that, not only is Graham unwilling to flip on Trump, he doesn't have the ability to actually do that if he wanted to.

Of course, I could be wrong. Maybe when raiding the emails/phones of all those co-conspiring traitors, there was correspondence with Graham that demonstrates he was a bigger willing part. Right now, that's what Graham should be worried about. Because I think it's fairly likely that every single letter Giuliani wrote in his life is being shared by law enforcement across multiple levels. If, hypothetically, Graham wrote back "sure, I'll help lean on Georgia" then he's in serious trouble.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donal...b06749be12d6c7

Keeping up with the times, Donnie Jr. is announcing a...men's lifestyle magazine? Like, in physical print? In the year of our lord 2023?

Someone should probably tell him print has been dying a fairly rapid death for the past decade+.
    I am hoping the magazine is named "Douchebag. For the modern MAGA man who cannot handle criticism."

No.

You have to convince people you have a readership. Just like you don't need a property value to get a loan, you need to tell people you have a property value to get a loan.

You're thinking logically and reasonably. That doesn't apply to Trump supporters.
    We've had stories here already about how Social Truth can't find any advertisers and the only ones willing to pay up are actual scam companies.

No I don't think Juniors Men's life style magazine is going to get much advertisers, unless its people trying to launder money from him.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    I am hoping the magazine is named "Douchebag. For the modern MAGA man who cannot handle criticism."
    ...so a Wish version of Maxim (Circa early 2000s).
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Step 1. Announce magazine (or other thing that's cheap to product and distribute like NFT trading cards)

Step 2. Conjure up some fake outrage (likely with paid actors on twitter, or horrible messages for real outrage) to harass your right wing garbage

Step 3. Cry that you're being canceled and watch every right wing chud flock to your product and buy 20 copies because it "triggers the left"
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    It has not been a good day for Donald Trump.

1) Remember when

Once again, it's not a good day to be Donald Trump.

1) He filed a motion to have the Fulton grand jury report just thrown out. One, we've all read it. Two, the legal grounds were "it makes me look bad".

No, really.
    The judge tossed the motion.

To date, the Court has received well over five hundred pages of briefing, argument, and exhibits on the issues raised by Trump and Ms. Latham. There will be no more briefing unless it is solicited, in writing, by the Court
    -- the Court

Considering Trump hasn't even been charged yet, the fact that the judge is already sick of his bullshit is really damning. Trump's bullshit is his only option, he has no case.

2) Karen McDougal shares intimate details of her 'ten-month affair' with Donald Trump in an exclusive interview. Yes, Trump was married at the time.

I ask how she feels about the former president denying that their ten-month affair happened: Trump has rubbished affairs with both Karen and Stormy Daniels, and claims the criminal charges are part of a 'political witch hunt' to try to stop him from running for office again.

'His people have denied it, but he's never denied it,' she corrects me. 'A reporter asked him: 'Did you have an affair with Karen McDougal?' and all he said was: 'I've done nothing wrong.' He knows I'm telling the truth.'

She has a point. For while Trump has mocked Stormy Daniels, calling her 'horse face' and 'a total con job' and has bad-mouthed E. Jean Carroll, the advice columnist who was awarded $5million in damages last week after a jury found him liable for sexually abusing and defaming her, as a 'whack job', he has never said anything derogatory about Karen.
    3) DeSantis moves on SHS like a bitch. Specifically, he wants her as a running mate. Yes, SHS worked for Trump. Yes, we've covered the issue between Trump and DeSantis hiring the other's employees. DeSantis is likely doing this just to grab Trump supporters and drive Trump crazy -- anyone who is not Trump is not Trump, and working for someone else is treason.

4) Speaking of which, Ken Cuccinelli is also backing DeSantis.

5) Speakig of which, Bruce Castor, the former Montgomery County district attorney and county commissioner who represented Trump during his second impeachment trial, filed an eight-page motion in Philadelphia Common Pleas Court on Tuesday, asking to no longer represent former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani in a civil suit.

Castor summed up his gripe about Giuliani to Clout more succinctly: “He’s not cooperating, and he’s not paying me.”

James Savage, a Delaware County voting-machine supervisor, sued Trump, his 2020 presidential campaign, Giuliani, and two local Republican poll watchers in November 2021, saying their unsubstantiated claims about the 2020 election made him a target of hatred, ridicule, and physical threats.

Castor initially agreed to serve as Giuliani’s local lawyer but a lawyer from Texas was supposed to take over from there. That didn’t happen, and Castor, according to his motion, reluctantly tried to defend Giuliani.
    Aww, the guy who worked for the man who never pays anyone was never paid. How sad for him. Someone play Arms of the Angels.

6) Mike Pence just now discovered Dunkin Donuts.

No, really. Scroll down that tweet, there are some good replies. One of my favorites is "Yeah, nothin says Man of the People more than trying Dunkin for the first time at 63."

6) Mike Pence just now discovered Dunkin Donuts.

No, really. Scroll down that tweet, there are some good replies. One of my favorites is "Yeah, nothin says Man of the People more than trying Dunkin for the first time at 63."
    Are he and Mother still couch surfing? Because they're hiring there! He could get a job!

His first foray into Dunkin, I wonder if this will be his first foray into sugar. It would explain so much.