Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Hmm, interesting. With 2 dungeons so far being 2 of the 4 elements, I'd figured the other 2 would be the remaining Elements (considering 1 of them being Goron/Death Mountain which is almost always Fire).
    Guess I've got another thing to look forward to.
    They are elements just not earth, Fire and Lightning

When Botw came out I really appreciated it but personally lost interest after the 2nd divine beast. Never went back and finished the game. I know im early into TotK but man im enjoying this game so much more right away.

This game is really tough early on. Constant 1 shots! but never annoying thanks to constant auto saving. The shear creativity you can use to tackle any puzzle or encounter has never ever been seen in any other game. Its astonishing what you can do.

Im very early on so far but have already stumbled upon the frox boss in the depths. I died around 30 times before I managed to barely take him down. Super satisfying encounter. I also ran into those creepy hands and was absolutely shocked at who appeared after I killed them. That also was another 20+ deaths kill

The game is amazing

I will say I do think its too similar to BotW in some ways. I know they want to continue with this framework moving forward but I do hope the next game offers a more drastic mix up rather than just following the same formula.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best part of new zelda game -- fusing 2 big circilar rocks + flame turret + 1 long object = laughs
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    They are elements just not earth, Fire and Lightning
    Just beat the Water Temple and moseyed my way on over to the Gerudo Desert to see what this temple would look like.
    Kinda surprised. The Gibdo's are surprisingly creepy, and an interesting take on their theme (scarab/moth zombie things) and the dungeon - unless it get's more Lightning-y inside - would be more fittingly named as 'Shadow Temple', IMO. It's even giving me Wind Waker Earth Temple vibes, both are giant tombs/necropoli that have some kind of connection to light/shadow (lightning/shadow in the case of Tears of the Kingdom).

Enemy damage is still bothering me. Was in the Water Temple, Zonai constructs were almost 1 shotting me from 7 or 8 hearts, but the boss attacks were hitting me for probably 3 at most. Mind you, I am wearing the best armor I had at the time, no brainer there. Maybe I'm just fighting them wrong somehow? I guess the intent that as they are a smaller enemy, I should be dodging and using the Perfect Dodge mechanic...

Curious as to how y'all got into Rito Village. I get the feeling I did it "wrong" (quotations because, as we all know, there are multiple answers to questions in this game), but honestly could not see any other way to get in - I launched from the closest skytower and paraglided as close as possible while leaving some stamina (only had the initial ring, no upgrades) and dropped down. Just BARELY made it onto walkable ground, it was that tight of a shave.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Just beat the Water Temple and moseyed my way on over to the Gerudo Desert to see what this temple would look like.
    Kinda surprised. The Gibdo's are surprisingly creepy, and an interesting take on their theme (scarab/moth zombie things) and the dungeon - unless it get's more Lightning-y inside - would be more fittingly named as 'Shadow Temple', IMO. It's even giving me Wind Waker Earth Temple vibes, both are giant tombs/necropoli that have some kind of connection to light/shadow (lightning/shadow in the case of Tears of the Kingdom).

Enemy damage is still bothering me. Was in the Water Temple, Zonai constructs were almost 1 shotting me from 7 or 8 hearts, but the boss attacks were hitting me for probably 3 at most. Mind you, I am wearing the best armor I had at the time, no brainer there. Maybe I'm just fighting them wrong somehow? I guess the intent that as they are a smaller enemy, I should be dodging and using the Perfect Dodge mechanic...

Curious as to how y'all got into Rito Village. I get the feeling I did it "wrong" (quotations because, as we all know, there are multiple answers to questions in this game), but honestly could not see any other way to get in - I launched from the closest skytower and paraglided as close as possible while leaving some stamina (only had the initial ring, no upgrades) and dropped down. Just BARELY made it onto walkable ground, it was that tight of a shave.
    When you say wearing the best armor you found do you mean upgraded at least 2 times? First 2 upgrades are basically free for most armor from common monster drops. Cause base armor is trash, even "the best" if you haven't upgraded it with fairies yet. If you're using 3 defense armor you're basically naked, that same armor would be 8 defense per piece with just 2 cheap upgrades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    When you say wearing the best armor you found do you mean upgraded at least 2 times? First 2 upgrades are basically free for most armor from common monster drops. Cause base armor is trash, even "the best" if you haven't upgraded it with fairies yet. If you're using 3 defense armor you're basically naked, that same armor would be 8 defense per piece with just 2 cheap upgrades.
    Then that would be why. I haven't found any of the fairy shrines or sought them out, due to thoughts of "Oh, if I upgrade this piece I might find a significantly better piece that I could have upgraded instead."

10+ Year Old Account
    A guy in front of the Ex-Stable, now Newspaper-place tells you how pine cones let a campfire break out into a big flame, so just throw a pinecone from around there in the fire before the broken bridge and the updraft from the fire let you paraglide to the village

10+ Year Old Account
    This game is much more balanced around you finding Fairy Shrines and upgrading, fortunately they're also much easier to locate this time and not in the random ass middle of nowhere.

Also fun fact, if you're thinking about buying amiibos for various armour sets, ala BOTW, they're all findable in game through playing without needing to spend money. Sadly no Epona tho so far.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I yeeted myself off a tower to a sky platform, then fan glided my way across before yeeting myself a second time and landed, before freezing to death.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Several NPCs around the broken bridge point out that throwing pinecones into fires causes massive updraft.

So.

I did this.

I also pineconed my way over the bridge.

Following the stables seem to be the more intended route honestly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Several NPCs around the broken bridge point out that throwing pinecones into fires causes massive updraft.

So.

I did this.
    The heck is that on your head?

I will not begrudge anyone for item duping diamonds for rupees. The amount you need for buying armor let alone upgrading them is rediculous.

I mean what were they thinking? If you're gonna make prices that high at least provide a decent way to earn rupees outside of farming animals for meat.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    I will not begrudge anyone for item duping diamonds for rupees. The amount you need for buying armor let alone upgrading them is rediculous.

I mean what were they thinking? If you're gonna make prices that high at least provide a decent way to earn rupees outside of farming animals for meat.
    Don't care what people do in a single player game personally, but people also don't need the expensive armor to begin with so don't care when they eventually patch it either.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Every type of fanboy is defensive over this game. PC, Playstation, and Xbox. Have to marginalize the game, so you start to get crazy conspiracy theories about bought out reviewers, lol. If they were any good at damage control, they would wait until it wasn't so obvious instead of trying to start shit on launch day. So transparent.

Tears of the Fanboys. r/gaming is SALTY AF over these reviews, people who want to marginalize Nintendo so they can safely ignore them are PISSED this game is so good and trying to convince everyone playing it that they aren't having as much fun as they actually are, lol.

I want someone on here to start that hilarious conspiracy theory about Nintendo getting higher reviews because they exist so we can discuss it fully, lol. Got people pretending they are using emulation to debase Nintendo fans, but nobody(in the fanbase) cares. Don't even care, lol /points at metacritic.

FOMO is hitting people hard and they don't want it to, so they are acting pissy and saying shit even they themselves don't believe, lol. They are lashing out. A Zelda lash. Their cornflakes are bepissed.

I do feel sorry for people who are sad over this, even if I don't agree with the reason they are sad, I'm sorry they are so sad.
    They are just mad that their mid AAA games are not as massively appealing as Nintendo games still tend to be. It is not at all surprising that TotK broke 10 million units sold on launch day, because no matter how much Sony and Microsoft try and act like they are the top dogs, Nintendo is still putting out incredibly good games even with terrible hardware.

I got TotK in the collectors edition, and the package itself is great and the art book is gorgeous. But the game itself is great in pretty much every facet. Aside from it being hampered by the console's hardware, it is still a great game that runs at a fairly steady framerate with very few dips. The story work is well done, the cinematics are actually pretty good. The music is so meticulously well crafted, but that is something I've come to expect from Nintendo's signature franchises over the last few years. The lack of multiple massive dungeons is still a bit of a bummer and I wish they had eased off on the shrines and Korok seed mechanics from BOTW that felt tedious, but at least the new shrine puzzles have a variety of difficulties to them. Overall, I'm loving the game, they really did do a good job with this one.

I've just been giving flint to the goron near the bistro.

So far I've had decent luck, in like 100 flint I've got 2000 rupees.

10+ Year Old Account
    TIL you can fuse things to the Master Sword...

Accidentally fused a Zonaite Bow to it and it looked ridiculous when swinging.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    The heck is that on your head?
    It's the Frostbite headpiece I think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    A guy in front of the Ex-Stable, now Newspaper-place tells you how pine cones let a campfire break out into a big flame, so just throw a pinecone from around there in the fire before the broken bridge and the updraft from the fire let you paraglide to the village
    I think I yeeted myself off a tower to a sky platform, then fan glided my way across before yeeting myself a second time and landed, before freezing to death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

So.

I did this.

<snip>
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I also pineconed my way over the bridge.

Following the stables seem to be the more intended route honestly
    So, what we've learned today is it seems like talking to NPCs is probably the ideal thing to do in an RPG xD

And the credits have rolled on The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. Solid 9 out of 10 (rating based on enjoyment) and despite a few issues I had with it, it is vastly better than BOTW.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account

I mean, there's plenty of ways to earn rupees in the game, but yeah. If people want to dupe, dupe. Seen enough people get the unbreakable master sword that way so they don't have to deal with weapon durability.

I mean, there's plenty of ways to earn rupees in the game, but yeah. If people want to dupe, dupe. Seen enough people get the unbreakable master sword that way so they don't have to deal with weapon durability.
    There are ways yes but nothing consistent. In older games you'd gradually earn rupees dropped by enemies or from chests in dungeons.

In tears enemies don't normally drop rupees and while you can find chests with rupees you probably won't find them frequently.

You're only option is to grind which is just never fun.

Yes you can get get by without armor but considering how hard enemies can hit even early on I don't think you'd be having as much fun.