Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Considering that a lot of the haters throwing shade at Star Citizen were Elite fanboys it's not a surprise.

In contrast NMS players are way more chill and much less territorial perhaps because of the more casual nature of the game it's playerbase doesn't overlapse as much. They aren't perpetually afraid that Star Citizen would steal their limelight or something like that.

Like all new patches and Invictus events the hordes of old and new players hammering the servers has it's toll on performance. Just part of the process of having a open play of game while it's being developed.

Seems to be picking up according to twitch streamers and viewers numbers.
    This is just low quality shitposting. Raise your standards. Do better.

Considering that a lot of the haters throwing shade at Star Citizen were Elite fanboys it's not a surprise.

In contrast NMS players are way more chill and much less territorial perhaps because of the more casual nature of the game it's playerbase doesn't overlapse as much. They aren't perpetually afraid that Star Citizen would steal their limelight or something like that.
    Bro, you must have dropped your self-awareness couple hundred pages back while you were insulting people left to right for criticizing and poking fun at Star Citizen development ;D Also you need to stop projecting this weird emotional attachment you have towards Star Citizen upon everyone else, you don't go to a burning circus and laugh at the clowns because you hate them.
    Ahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Even more amusing is:
    So like attacking you while insulting himself at the same time...?
    How's it implying that WoW (one of the most polished and streamline gaming experiences one can have) is a much soft experience than trying a everything sim with it's own take on simple interactions, huge specs demands in the alpha buggy stage an attack?

Oh you guys are so fickle when something even remotely comes close to rustling your jimmies. Funny to watch though.

If performance or bugs don't break you some pirates will
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2023-05-21 at 11:34 PM.

If performance or bugs don't break you some pirates will
    You can't experience low performance or bugs if you can't even log-in, checkmate fudsters!
    Ahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    You can't experience low performance or bugs if you can't even log-in, checkmate fudsters!
    Yeah, you'll need to create an account first and then get in line like the rest of us plebs.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    Could someone tell me a gameplay loop I could do in SC that functions properly, and has no risk of breaking and wasting my time?

We could lower the bar, and make the question about any activity at all. Using an elevator, or calling my ship, or eating a burrito. Or walking down stairs.
    The ship store works pretty well. It´s probably about the only functioning game loop!

Yeah, you'll need to create an account first and then get in line like the rest of us plebs.
    Done since January 2016! Good lord I still remember getting murdered by that elevator like it was yesterday, oh as times change... wait, hang on...
    Ahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    The thing that amazes me more than anything else how this game has managed to extract so much money from people, it really is a true marvel of gaming for that reason alone.
    Normies can't be bothered to do their research.

We see that year after year, a AAA game launches and it is terrible.

• Mass Effect 3
    • Aliens Colonial Marines
    • Bioshock Infinite
    • No Man's Sky
    • Halo Master Chief Collection
    • Assassin's Creed Unity
    • Fallout 4
    • Final Fantasy XV
    • nu Star Wars Battlefront
    • Fallout 76
    • Mass Effect Andromeda
    • Death Stranding
    • Anthem
    • Pokemon Sword & Shield
    • Cyberpunk 2077

I could go on.

You'd think people would have learned a lesson, to do their research and find out if a game is polished and in working order before plopping their money down for it. But no, they do not. They continue to see something shiny in an ad or on the Steam store and then buy it just like that.

Also, there is a sucker born every second. This game has been on sale for a decade. There are people coming of age and just now finding out about Star Citizen and thinking it's cool and dropping money on it, having never heard about the woes of the project or heard about Freelancer or Wing Commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

• Mass Effect 3
    • Bioshock Infinite
    • No Man's Sky
    • Assassin's Creed Unity
    • Fallout 4
    • Final Fantasy XV
    • Fallout 76
    • Mass Effect Andromeda
    • Death Stranding
    • Anthem
    • Pokemon Sword & Shield
    • Cyberpunk 2077

I could go on.

You'd think people would have learned a lesson, to do their research and find out if a game is polished and in working order before plopping their money down for it. But no, they do not. They continue to see something shiny in an ad or on the Steam store and then buy it just like that.

Also, there is a sucker born every second. This game has been on sale for a decade. There are people coming of age and just now finding out about Star Citizen and thinking it's cool and dropping money on it, having never heard about the woes of the project or heard about Freelancer or Wing Commander.
    There is a GLARING problem on this list for I believe every title you listed. None of those games were crowdfunded. None of them had open development with VERY robust cash shops. Yes many of those games sucked, but the reviews were out there for many of them to warn people off, Cyperbunk/Andromeda/etc, Many of those games 'released' a product that was not a work in progress, some of them needed patched after the fact but they did get those patches, Cyberbunk/No Mans Sky.

Many companies put out shitty games. Many games have scummy practices with cash shops. Many games do these things WITHOUT being crowdfunded on top of it. That is the problem I have with Star Citizen. It suckered people with a crowdfunding promise and then changed the scope of the game and THEN doubled down with one of the most ridiculous cash shops known to gamers, remember the 27k ship package? Not only that they use bullshit like your purchase is actually a 'donation' so they can weasel out of things if they needed to.

The shit part? People fall for it and continue to fall for it. They toss money into this gigantic fucking pit of a game that has taken 12+ years and 600+ million dollars and is still stuck in Early Access Beta or whatever buzzword bullshit they want to use for having one of the longest open beta/early access periods I've ever fucking seen.

But you're right, this project has gone on so long it hits new people all the time with the hype train and pulls in more cash, it is incredible it can do it, it really is a marvel of gaming for that aspect alone. At this point they never really do need to release the game, why would they? It prints cash as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

• Mass Effect 3
    • Bioshock Infinite
    • No Man's Sky
    • Assassin's Creed Unity
    • Fallout 4
    • Final Fantasy XV
    • Fallout 76
    • Mass Effect Andromeda
    • Death Stranding
    • Anthem
    • Pokemon Sword & Shield
    • Cyberpunk 2077

I could go on.

For what it's worth, one of these games had a rough launch, but is an unambiguously fantastic game now. Cyberpunk really is great.

I'd also argue that, while it's not everybody's cup of tea, Death Stranding was exactly what it wanted to be, and does that very well, with the typical Kojima polish.

Also, as a side note, unrelated to you, but in reference to the post below this one. Is this where we're at now? Not even trying to mask the shitposting and insults behind doublespeak and ambiguous phrasing? What happened. We used to be so classy.
    Last edited by Henako; 2023-05-21 at 10:45 PM.

Done since January 2016! Good lord I still remember getting murdered by that elevator like it was yesterday, oh as times change... wait, hang on...
    I believe It's Called Karma And It's Pronounced Rekt
    May the natural selection continue for many more decades while shaping passionate and thriving gaming communities
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2023-05-21 at 11:13 PM.

Being glad a bug is around 6-7 years. SC everyone!

It's Called Karma And It's Pronounced Rekt
    May the natural selection continue for many more decades while shaping passionate and thriving gaming communities
    Oh yes, "karma", also known as shitty programming, gettin dem fudsters rekt since 2015, all very "natural", in Star Citizen.

Ahahahaha!

Yeah look at me shitposting all over the thread of a space game I don't even play

It shouldn't be so hard to cope with seeing a game you don't like being developed and other players enjoying it because it's a lost battle.

If other space games you prefer loses players to Star Citizen and couldn't manage to gain traction in their development it's not Star Citizen fault is it?

It's just the natural consequence of low investment , bad design choices or simple saturation of the playerbase.

In the end gamers will play what they enjoy and gravitate towards playing games that provide the kind of gameplay and interactions they enjoy. It's why some game's engagement numbers decay while others thrive.

- - - Updated - - -

Just do the tutorial, shouldn't be to hard for a WoW player
    If your computer can handle it that is.

If that doesn't work maybe try the Arena Commander PVE and shot some pirates or try some racing and see how long you can manage without hitting a building.
    I think of it like this, the standard for most "playable games" is something that is fully released before I pay for it. Star Citizen, no matter what it claims it wants to be, is not a fully released game right now in May 2023. Which means no matter how much money someone throws at it, there is no guarantee that it ever deliver on what has been promised. And that is compared to actual released games where you can pay for real digital assets that are available right away and fully functional. Whereas a large number of the items you pay for in Star Citizen are IOU assets that you willingly pay for today with the hope of being able to fully play tomorrow. The risks in this are obvious and go beyond simple buyer beware, but some people don't accept the obvious risks and as time goes on and the game is no closer to being done, those risks just increase. There is no way to explain this away and not really anybody's job to explain other than CIG, yet they have fully engaged an army of social media folks to promote this "dream" model of selling stuff before you can actually play it, without feeling the least bit obliged to admit liability if the dream turns into a unrealistic fantasy. Case in point, where is the roadmap to 4.0 that was all over social media last year? Does that look like something that anybody realistically expects to be available this year with 2 of the promised hundreds of star systems?
    Last edited by InfiniteCharger; 2023-05-21 at 11:31 PM.

M50 Yadar Valley Division Pro Race VOD | XGR | Star Citizen

Racing community going strong! Lot of elite pilots in there, definitely worth a watch (main race 2 is a must) cause those guys got some serious flying skills and push the flight model to the max!

Pilot View it's even better!
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2023-05-22 at 12:05 AM.

In contrast NMS players are way more chill and much less territorial perhaps because of the more casual nature of the game it's playerbase doesn't overlapse as much.
    you must not play much NMS, or visit the subreddit. I am afraid that is just your personal perception bias at play there.

The thing to keep in mind with NMS is that the game does not have its own forum to start with, we pretty much rely on reddit for discussions. So that may explain why you have not seen the issue come up as often. But when the SC topic comes up, there is in essence no difference from when it is discussed in other parts of the interwebs.

Here a quick sample from relatively recent comments at the NMS subreddit about SC:

You want this game to be like Star Citizen? Really? That bloated dumpster fire? No, that is not the model that Sean will ever take.
    I thought Star Citizen was vaporware when it was announced in 2011. I still think it's vaporware 11 years later.
    It's a game by whales for whales. Almost half a billion over 10 years in kickstarter and they have nothing but an Alpha build and virtual ships to sell you for real cash. I'm sure there's redeeming features, but it seems like a really shady business model.
    Honestly, NMS has brought more than SC has even promised.
    It is a long term scam to get people's money in the hopes of "releasing content" years later.
    You could say NMS started like that, but at least they have been releasing update after update. Star Citizen hasnt even released a "full" game yet.
    Waits for aggro SC fans
    Pretty sure that SC is just "Sunk Cost Fallacy: the Game".
    Cool game concept. Vehicle for robbery. Even if that game finally drops in 2045 wont support it.
    Scam citizen**
    Thats what I think
    It had NFT scams before NFT scams went mainstream.
    Lmao star citizen? Yea no, rather play empyrion.
    That's the perpetually-unfinished-and-unreleased title that has a core gameplay dynamic of "beg for more money," yes?
    Yes. 10 years and it's still going.
    They got 400,000,000 USD from people and people still give them money.
    Squadron 42 is nowhere to be found and they still sell bullshit and excuses.
    Star Citizen is still in early alpha after burning 400 millions and taking 10 years and project still has no release date. All they did was promise that it won't take another 10 years about at the same time they broke every other promise.
    So you are right. Its one of the best in century. They actually already took 10% of century.
    Etc. And there is a ton more where these came from, every time SC comes up in the NMS subreddit.

From what I can see, other than at the SC subreddit or Spectrum, SC is treated (read abused) pretty much in the same manner wherever you go out there: Be it at NMS, EVE, Elite related sites or even the all powerfull r/PCGaming or r/Games subreddits whenever SC news get posted.

They aren't perpetually afraid that Star Citizen would steal their limelight or something like that.
    Now, given your personal fixation on Elite alone (when SC is shat on pretty much everywhere) I must conclude that what you say is pretty much your own projection and fear that Elite in particular be overall a much better game than SC is or, probably, can ever be.
    Last edited by Cloverfield; 2023-05-22 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverfield View Post
    Now, given your personal fixation on Elite alone (when SC is shat on pretty much everywhere) I must conclude that what you say is pretty much your own projection and fear that Elite in particular be overall a much better game than SC is or, probably, can ever be.
    He fears it because it's true. I may not be able to walk around inside my ship in Elite, but at least I know I'll be able to get out of the seat when the time comes.

Do you guys like magic tricks?

Remember, ONLY those who disrespect others.
    Ahahahaha!

Do you guys like magic tricks?

Remember, ONLY those who disrespect others.
    Good to see how scared they are, btw.

I play both WoW and Star Citizen so I don't see how your caps would fit.

Thanks anyway
    So, you're either lying, or don't know what shitposting is.

I know which I and pretty much everyone else on this forum believes.