Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I could try go get that char with the special warps I have stored, but I'm more interested in yukon in next patch, since we don't have a 4* IMG char and she seems to be a good buffer too (even if only the next 2 attacks, so maybe not put her in seele team ?)

also I'm keeping the gold currency that could make me more wishes, I'd rather be able to buy a 5* weapon if I need one down the line
    my gepard I got on seele banner (lost 1st 50/50 then got seele) got his own weapon (on 1st perma banner) and it increase the chad a lot, and his shields are close enough to the max HP of my most fragile toons

I just hope yukon is not on the same banner as the healer IMG, already got bailu, so 2 heals are already plenty, I could use a good nihility char with the silver wolf (young bronya haxxor bunny exp from HI3rd hehe, 2 bronya at the same time!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    To give more background - about 70% of his considerable DPS comes from a Lightning Lord that is controlled by AI. Which means that on every boss that spams adds, there is a good chance Lightning Lord just slap some add nobody cares about instead of prio target. That is not a very compelling proposition to me - I am at MoC7 now and you need to be precise AF. Just slamming some shit randomly is a recipe for a bad time.
    The Lightning Lord is AoE though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    The Lightning Lord is AoE though.
    Its AoE is 25% at base and the AoE itself does not provide break effect either.

This becomes an issue at higher end MoC, where you need precision instead of yolo.

Got E1 Ting, E0 Sushang and E6 March (plus a random Hook who I didn't have). 71 pity in, no Lion man so I'm happy I'll be able to get SW no problem, though I'm waiting to see because apparently she's been nerfed pretty hard. Now to decide between Blade or Kafka. I want Kafka like everyone else does, but Blade is also really cool and I don't have any male characters.

Unless I missed something I don't think Serval and Gepard ever talked about their little sister it always seemed like it was just the two of them until Serval's personal questline and even then it makes mention of her then goes on about the two of them.

It also made me realize they were all named after felines. I knew a Serval was one but just assumed it was just a random name till they mention their sister Lynx. Gepard I guess means cheetah in German which you normally would associate with a speed character instead of a tank but its also the name of a German tank. It's kinda cool how much thought they put into the characters and their names.

Is anyone at rank 50 yet? Trying to figure out what to pre-farm before I hit that level and would prefer to spend my trailblaze power on something that doesn't lose to much of its value from another ascension level.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Is anyone at rank 50 yet? Trying to figure out what to pre-farm before I hit that level and would prefer to spend my trailblaze power on something that doesn't lose to much of its value from another ascension level.
    Not that I did any calculations, but I'm pretty sure farming character ascension mats is the best deal, though obviously you don't want the whole roster ascended right away. You get 4 instead of 3 at the next WL, but I guess the trace materials start getting purples on top of more greens and blues next level, so that should potentially be a lot more than 25% increase in value.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Honestly not sure what the exact purpose of tanks are. Tried using the MC tank and it basically just eats up skill points for the taunts while being a pretty horrible dps. Plus the most dangerous attacks I've seen are all AoE based... of which is perfectly countered by the 2 group heal ults in the game.

Speaking of which, actually almost beat SU world 3 level 2 with below average characters. Got to 5% on the final phase of the last boss, then the boss literally brings everyone in the group from 100 to 0 in a single turn.
    I guess you just found out the answer to your own question
    "In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be"

End of quote. Repeat the line.

Everything.

not kidding.

Focus on DPS first but do whatever.
    Relics-Traces-yadayada. It all matters and there is quite honestly not a "best way" because you need everything, even money.

Traces are probably something you'll not have enough, but at TB50 you get 1 blue guaranteed. So it's kinda more efficient (just like everything else though).
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2023-05-21 at 08:33 AM.

TBH I think relics are the least efficient thing to farm atm, just because the odds of getting a decent one are so terrible. You get like 6 gold ones per day (pre- level 50), so 50% chance to be the set you want means 3, then the RNG of it being the right slot and main stat, even ignoring the substats.

You probably have some decent purple/gold ones from that generic dps set that will tide you over in the meantime.

I'm generally gonna ignore the stats on my relics. I have no interest in trying to min-max. Especially when leveling them is already pretty difficult.

For cost efficiency wise I'd go for that upgrade order:

mid relics -> LC levels -> traces -> character levels -> good relics

Upgrading some random junk relics to at least 1-2 stats with decent main stat ones is absolutely massive and by far the biggest upgrade and it's not that bad to get mid relics.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Relics-Traces-yadayada. It all matters and there is quite honestly not a "best way" because you need everything, even money.
    I'm about to hit rank 47 and i just ran out of money. With so much other stuff to gather i completely forgot money was a thing too.

Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    TBH I think relics are the least efficient thing to farm atm, just because the odds of getting a decent one are so terrible. You get like 6 gold ones per day (pre- level 50), so 50% chance to be the set you want means 3, then the RNG of it being the right slot and main stat, even ignoring the substats.

You probably have some decent purple/gold ones from that generic dps set that will tide you over in the meantime.
    Even getting a full set is a hassle. I'm now farming for the 5th day for my seele set and i never even had a hat drop at all...

It definitely sucks that, just like in Genshin with artifacts, relics in Star Rail are such a huge boost to your characters' power while having so much goddamn RNG attached to them.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Yeah, but more so than in Genshin in the beginning, you can actually make use out of every other piece.
    You aren't strictly set to your "favorite 4/8" characters.

And the defensive characters scale with DEF/HP, the offensive DoTs with ATK%/EFFECT HIT and the carry DPS with CRIT/Critdamage etc.
    Set bonus are rather weak as well, the stronger ones are on the SU-pieces, which are easier to farm than Genshin-% ele damage Cups.

At the very least, I don't feel annoyed by having to farm stuff, because everything works automatically and is done really quick.
    Dailies take like 5 minutes, instead of 15-20.

And the SU mode is actually fun to farm (still, after doing it 100+ times already - who knows how long that'll last.)
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2023-05-22 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I guess you just found out the answer to your own question
    Your solution is to take a sucky tank dps to a soft enrage boss DPS check in hopes of avoiding an AoE attack that hits everyone in the group?

Your solution is to take a sucky tank dps to a soft enrage boss DPS check in hopes of avoiding an AoE attack that hits everyone in the group?
    That’s endgame atm, you either kill things fast enough or have to find a way not to get one shot by bosses that start doing just that. Guess what makes it possible, one of those sucky dps that don't let you die to that massive damage..
    "In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be"

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    That’s endgame atm, you either kill things fast enough or have to find a way not to get one shot by bosses that start doing just that. Guess what makes it possible, one of those sucky dps that don't let you die to that massive damage..
    I noticed you conveniently left out how a tank is going to help with an attack that hits your entire group.

I noticed you conveniently left out how a tank is going to help with an attack that hits your entire group.
    There's 3 preservation characters in the game, 2 of them apply party wide shielding. One of those is free..

I left it out because it's too obvious to even mention...

Besides all that you have preservation resonance that not only buffs your shields, give you bonus to shielded characters, creates shields for you, etc

I mean.. play the game how you wish, saying preservation characters are useless is objectively wrong though.
    Last edited by tikcol; 2023-05-23 at 01:11 AM.