Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    is it though? The orcs do this stuff all the time and the maghar have embraced mass industrialization which we already know ruins the world around it like the goblins and gnomes do.

Like assuming they don’t pull a secret third cause every thing in points to it being the orcs over the goats given that the light has never been shown to have negative effects on any one or anything that wasn’t a demon or undead.
    The scorched area in revendreth says hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    That was a retaliation strike, though. Even the Venthyr acknowledge that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

Except: no. No, they did not. You're ignoring that we entered a devastated Gorgrond area, what was once a lush forest became desolate, and the draenei army's leader points out how the orcs brought ruin to the land. What you're doing here is akin to saying that the Alliance is evil because they invaded Dazar'alor without knowing the context and how the Horde invaded Stormsong Valley first and gleefully tortured and killed innocent civilians in Brennadam.
    Brennadam was a list minute change in the beta. Quillboars were supposed to be the ones to invade, however due to a feedback of "lack of faction war" in the story, they changed it hastily. There's also a problem of Blizzard changing the story depending on which faction does the quest. The war of the thorns is a famous example.
    Anyways I'm not entering the Yrel discussion properly, just wanted to point this out.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they did not. Again, we have one side of the tale.
    The Burning Legion and the Old Gods have a side too. Doesn't make them any less evil.

Again, which is why Yrel having a "side" is irrelelvant to the fact that she's doing evil stuff.

Yrel is so highly unlikely to be an expansion antagonist it's safe to say she's not going to be. Again, it makes absolutely no sense due to her story in Warlords of Draenor.
    It makes perfect sense given what we saw during BFA.

Except: no. No, they did not. You're ignoring that we entered a devastated Gorgrond area, what was once a lush forest became desolate, and the draenei army's leader points out how the orcs brought ruin to the land. What you're doing here is akin to saying that the Alliance is evil because they invaded Dazar'alor without knowing the context and how the Horde invaded Stormsong Valley first and gleefully tortured and killed innocent civilians in Brennadam.

That is what the Mag'har claim Yrel is doing. There's a huge difference.
    You need to play the scenario again. Yrel herself rolled up in the presence of the Horde Champion (aka the player) and gave the Orcs the ultimatum to surrender to the light or be eradicated. So no, it isn't just a Mag'har claim, we witnessed it ourselves.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I mean it’s the realm of death so I’d say that falls into it having negative effects on undead.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2023-05-22 at 03:29 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That was a retaliation strike, though. Even the Venthyr acknowledge that.
    Right, but it still shows that the light can have a damaging effect on the environment. We don't know what happened to Draenor, for all we know it could've been decaying because of timey-wimey shenanigans.
    (For real now I'm out, willing to discuss anything else about the future of DF!)

10+ Year Old Account
    is it though? The orcs do this stuff all the time and the maghar have embraced mass industrialization which we already know ruins the world around it like the goblins and gnomes do.
    Ruins the world to the point where the entire planet would begin to die? Doubtful.

Several naaru converging on a world and pouring massive energies into it? Possibly.

Like assuming they don’t pull a secret third cause every thing in points to it being the orcs over the goats given that the light has never been shown to have negative effects on any one or anything that wasn’t a demon or undead.

at this point there really isn’t any way to justify any of the alliance siding with Yrel if they come to make war after years of peace even if that peace is none sense, Turalyon has already chosen his wife over following orders, Velan became disillusioned on argus by listening to Illidan, Khadgar would rather watch the horde burn the world then grow a pair.
    I suppose we'll see in that regard.

no shot they would kill Yrel after letting sylvnas slide, in all likely hood Xera would just assume direct control over her after she has a faith shaken and then we’d free her and kill Xera.
    I disagree. I think Yrel dying for her beliefs would be a fitting end to her tragic story.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Ruins the world to the point where the entire planet would begin to die? Doubtful.
    we don’t actually know what the world “dying” means for all we know the orcs were mass polluting water ways like the goblins, pumping mass smog into the are killing birds and what not and clear cutting forest.

The goblins and gnomes have been able to destroy large areas and the orcs out number both of them by a huge margin.

Several naaru converging on a world and pouring massive energies into it? Possibly.
    I mean it’s possible but there’s just no precedent for it any where in wow.

Like Azeroth has had Elune pumping light into it forever had the humans take up the light on mass, had the sun well relit with the light, had the goats bring a bunch of Narru and then the light forged show up, place is absolutely crawling in the light with no negative effects.

Hell even having multiple old gods corrupting the world doesn’t actually kill the planet so why would the Narru.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I disagree. I think Yrel dying for her beliefs would be a fitting end to her tragic story.
    But... but... how am I supposed to have my space-goat waifu if they kill her off?!

10+ Year Old Account
    we don’t actually know what the world “dying” means for all we know the orcs were mass polluting water ways like the goblins, pumping mass smog into the are killing birds and what not and clear cutting forest.

The goblins and gnomes have been able to destroy large areas and the orcs out number both of them by a huge margin.

I mean it’s possible but there’s just no precedent for it any where in wow.

Like Azeroth has had Elune pumping light into it forever had the humans take up the light on mass, had the sun well relit with the light, had the goats bring a bunch of Narru and then the light forged show up, place is absolutely crawling in the light with no negative effects.

Hell even having multiple old gods corrupting the world doesn’t actually kill the planet so why would the Narru.
    And it could very well be that neither side are actually killing the planet. The lore speculates that Draenor could actually be dying because of the time traveling that Garrosh did back in WoD with Kairoz.

Either way, it doesn't justify the genocide done by the Draenei on AU Draenor.

The Burning Legion and the Old Gods have a side too. Doesn't make them any less evil.
    Uh, no. We had several sides. We had the orcs' side, the night elves' side, the draenei's side, the Titans' side, etc.

Again, which is why Yrel having a "side" is irrelelvant to the fact that she's doing evil stuff.
    Except it is very relevant for your claim that "it's a fact she's doing evil stuff".

It makes perfect sense given what we saw during BFA.
    Again, it doesn't, because we have only one side of the story, and an incomplete side at best. We have no context. For all we know, the orcs could've broken their peace first, or started to go back to their days of waging war, etc, which could've forced the draenei's hands to avoid another war. Also, we have no actual evidence of "forced conversion" aside from a claim without evidence from one of the Mag'har.

You need to play the scenario again. Yrel herself rolled up in the presence of the Horde Champion (aka the player) and gave the Orcs the ultimatum to surrender to the light or be eradicated. So no, it isn't just a Mag'har claim, we witnessed it ourselves.
    You can't "play it again", but I watched the video of the entire quest chain. This is what she says:
    Yrel: "I have come to offer you one last chance to embrace the Light."
    Yrel: "Your people are choking the life from this world... dooming the land to desiccation."
    Yrel: "It pains me to lose an old friend, Grommash. But... very well. We will settle this your way."

Not to mention it's the so-called "evil side" that says "stop this bloodshed", while the "oppressed side" is the one that says "I want another exarch head to mount on my wall":

7+ Year Old Account
    And it could very well be that neither side are actually killing the planet. The lore speculates that Draenor could actually be dying because of the time traveling that Garrosh did back in WoD with Kairoz.

It could be the timeline just falling apart which would put the goats in the wrong but if the orcs were destroying the planet making them change there ways or stoping them by force would be perfectly justified just like opposing the legion is.

"Ruins the world to the point where the entire planet would begin to die" is just as doubtful as your claim about "several naaru converging on a world to pour massive energies into it."

Arguably, your claim about the naaru is even more doubtful considering we have no evidence of the Naaru doing exactly that in the recruitment scenario since we see no Naaru doing that in the final siege, but we know that the orcs' industrialization does ruin the land.

As "fitting" (and I'd use a lot of quotes here) as Arthas' "fitting end" in Shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Brennadam was a list minute change in the beta. Quillboars were supposed to be the ones to invade, however due to a feedback of "lack of faction war" in the story, they changed it hastily. There's also a problem of Blizzard changing the story depending on which faction does the quest.
    Well, independently if this was planned from the beginning, or a last minute addition, the point is that this is part of the lore now, unfortunately.

- - - Updated - - -

Except... is there any actual evidence of genocide?

Did I just wade through several pages of people bickering about lore again? I think I did.

Why exactly ARE you all arguing about Yrel? I literally couldn't be assed to read it all.

Blizzcon is gonna be very intriguing though, WoW is on such a good roll right now.

That is literally the case of the death knight as I explained: Frost and Unholy were no longer tank specs, changing their role completely and Blood was no longer a DPS spec, changing its role completely.
    Again, not comparable IMO, as Unholy and Frost were also DPS specs, and with the old talent system many crazy stuff was allowed. Hybrid classes were kind of a thing back then. Nowadays, as I have explained, Blizzard would be pissing off a portion of the playerbase for no reason at all.

To this day, there has not been in WoW a spec that changed its role (DPS, Tank, Healer) completely. They have certainly been changed in many ways, though.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    You can't "play it again", but I watched the video of the entire quest chain. This is what she says:
    Yrel: "Your people are choking the life from this world... dooming the land to desiccation."
    Yrel: "It pains me to lose an old friend, Grommash. But... very well. We will settle this your way."

Not to mention it's the so-called "evil side" that says "stop this bloodshed", while the "oppressed side" is the one that says "I want another exarch head to mount on my wall":

Damn I forgot about some of that.
    If that’s the case then the Draenei do have justification for everything.

The fact that they’re actually sparing the Orcs allowing some to convert instead of just slaughtering them all in spite of everything that the Orcs have done is interesting.

(Especially after WoD when the Orcs should’ve been irredeemable)
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2023-05-22 at 04:17 PM.
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Again, not comparable IMO, as Unholy and Frost were also DPS specs,
    That's not he point, though. The point is that there were those who played those specs for those specific roles (blood DPS, and frost and unholy tanking) which suddenly were forced to either switch roles, or switch specs.

That's not he point, though. The point is that there were those who played those specs for those specific roles (blood DPS, and frost and unholy tanking) which suddenly were forced to either switch roles, or switch specs.
    Well, I think that the situation is not comparable, honestly, but I understand your point of view. I mean people played Retribution Paladin as an offtank in the old days, but It has always been a DPS spec.

What is relevant here is that if in 11.0 Blizzard changes current DPS specs to support ones, It would get a lot of hate. Unnecessary confrontation with your playerbase when they can create new specs and hype everyone.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

I mean it can simply mean that during or since the conflict that Yrel and the light crusade started, some exarch's heads were already taken, and gerayah being mad says that after hearing that the High Exarch herself appeared.

This conflict doesn't happen when we just get there, a lot of orcs could already be tortured and killed if they didn't join the light.

She speaks about the land, but she doesn't care about the land, she cares only about converting to the light itself and crusade that she leads, why would orcs converting to light solve the land from its self destruction?

Still the thread derailed to lore land, so i end my pov on that with this post.
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2023-05-22 at 04:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, no. We had several sides. We had the orcs' side, the night elves' side, the draenei's side, the Titans' side, etc.

Except it is very relevant for your claim that "it's a fact she's doing evil stuff".
    Wiping out a culture that you deem inferior is "doing evil stuff".

Again, it doesn't, because we have only one side of the story, and an incomplete side at best.
    Again, you don't need the other side of the story if the other side is forcefully converting every other life form on the planet (which isn't even their planet).

We have no context.
    Why do you need context when Yrel literally says "convert or die" in the scenario?

Why are you only showing half the dialogue?

Grommash Hellscream yells: They are too many! We cannot hold this line forever!
    Overlord Geya'rah yells: We must! It is NOT our fate to fall to this corruption!

From the Lightbound lines, High Exarch Yrel calls out.
    High Exarch Yrel yells: Grommash Hellscream. It has been a long time.
    Grommash Hellscream yells: High Exarch. A rare... honor.
    High Exarch Yrel yells: I have come to offer you one last chance to embrace the Light.
    High Exarch Yrel yells: Your people are choking the life from this world... dooming the land to desiccation.
    Grommash Hellscream yells: How can you be so blind, Yrel? It is the Light that has doomed this world!
    High Exarch Yrel yells: It pains me to lose an old friend, Grommash. But... very well. We will settle this your way.

<Grommash lowers his voice so only the Mag'har can hear.>
    Grommash Hellscream says: Geya'rah, get everyone out of here. Now. No questions.
    Grommash Hellscream yells: For the Mag'har! For Draenor! Lok-tar ogar!
    So let's move this exact conversation over to Azeroth, what if that were Thrall conversating with Yrel. Would you really sit here and say that Thrall is the bad guy here when Yrel would be attempting to completely eradicate Orcish culture and people from Azeroth?

- - - Updated - - -

It could be the timeline just falling apart which would put the goats in the wrong but if the orcs were destroying the planet making them change there ways or stoping them by force would be perfectly justified just like opposing the legion is.
    Yeah, but I don't believe the Orcs industrializing on one continent would decimate the entire planet. I do think the time stuff is the culprit. However the larger point is the zealotry on the side of the Draenei. They're on a literal crusade.

- - - Updated - - -

Except... is there any actual evidence of genocide?
    Yes. They're forcefully converting non-Draenei to the light. If they don't convert, they are killed.