10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    There are ways yes but nothing consistent. In older games you'd gradually earn rupees dropped by enemies or from chests in dungeons.

In tears enemies don't normally drop rupees and while you can find chests with rupees you probably won't find them frequently.

You're only option is to grind which is just never fun.

Yes you can get get by without armor but considering how hard enemies can hit even early on I don't think you'd be having as much fun.
    A bunch of quests throw rupees at you, and monster parts and gem stones sell for a bunch.

Basically you need to figure what you need to hoard and what you have in excess. You get 12 dragon shards on a 10 minute respawn timer that are there every time you go for an item, they sell well too.

I've yet to have an economy issue, and I'm wearing a 3/4 set of Fierce Deity armour I got from a quest chain.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Yes you can get get by without armor but considering how hard enemies can hit even early on I don't think you'd be having as much fun.
    The thing is you can get by without expensive armor, not armor. Even the cheapest armor upgraded is good enough. Upgrades are way more important than the armor itself which mostly just comes down to aesthetics or what bonus you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    A bunch of quests throw rupees at you, and monster parts and gem stones sell for a bunch.

Basically you need to figure what you need to hoard and what you have in excess. You get 12 dragon shards on a 10 minute respawn timer that are there every time you go for an item, they sell well too.

I've yet to have an economy issue, and I'm wearing a 3/4 set of Fierce Deity armour I got from a quest chain.
    As someone with limited time, I just can't be bothered with all that item management crap. Maybe if June didn't have at least 2 big releases I intend to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is so SILLY looking, but also SO silly looking. Armageddon eat your heart out.
    Warning, throwback armor/weapon spoilers:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user...Y1BxAAEfj9.jpg
    Last edited by Auxis; 2023-05-22 at 04:35 PM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    This is so SILLY looking, but also SO silly looking. Armageddon eat your heart out.
    Warning, throwback armor/weapon spoilers:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user...Y1BxAAEfj9.jpg
    I see another fellow man of culture with that set on.

None of the Lynels I've killed so far for the last upgrade for that set seem to have any guts, it's infuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And the credits have rolled on The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. Solid 9 out of 10 (rating based on enjoyment) and despite a few issues I had with it, it is vastly better than BOTW.
    I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm trying to give it a fair chance since I have over 100+ hours in BOTW and only like 20 in Tears. As of right now, BOTW is easily a better game; it's not even close. I hope the other 3 dungeons I haven't tackled yet are better than the Wind Temple. The shrines are just tedious this time around instead of being fun. I don't care about the building aspect at all, I hate the fuse mechanic, and I miss my Sheikah abilities. Feels like Nintendo didn't listen to any feedback at all, which I guess is kind of their style. I'm continuing to play b/c I paid for it but Tears feels like a chore rather than an enjoyable adventure to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MatadorMedia View Post
    I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm trying to give it a fair chance since I have over 100+ hours in BOTW and only like 20 in Tears. As of right now, BOTW is easily a better game; it's not even close. I hope the other 3 dungeons I haven't tackled yet are better than the Wind Temple. The shrines are just tedious this time around instead of being fun. I don't care about the building aspect at all, I hate the fuse mechanic, and I miss my Sheikah abilities. Feels like Nintendo didn't listen to any feedback at all, which I guess is kind of their style. I'm continuing to play b/c I paid for it but Tears feels like a chore rather than an enjoyable adventure to me.
    Feels like one's enjoyment of the game revolves mostly around the building mechanics; if you like it then it's an awesome creative playground, if you're more looking for a traditional open world adventure then things can become quite tedious.

I'm mostly in the latter camp sadly.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Feels like one's enjoyment of the game revolves mostly around the building mechanics; if you like it then it's an awesome creative playground, if you're more looking for a traditional open world adventure then things can become quite tedious.

I'm mostly in the latter camp sadly.
    I barely build jack shit and enjoy the game far more than BoTW. There is way more interesting shit going on in the world than saving a million koroks and doing boring shrine puzzles(but ofc they have that as well for when you feel like doing them).

I don't understand the person you quoted or how any sane person could think BoTW was better than this game unless they are trying to be contrarian for the sake of it because it has everything that game had, with more interested hand crafted content and side adventures thrown on top of it. If someone just wanted to play the game like BoTW, for the most part they can do just that and they would have a very similar experience while experiencing more varied and unique content to boot.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2023-05-22 at 09:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing better in BotW was the combat system felt more responsive to dodges and reactions. They'll probably patch that though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see another fellow man of culture with that set on.

None of the Lynels I've killed so far for the last upgrade for that set seem to have any guts, it's infuriating.
    Not my photo but I do have the set. After my non-upgrade shenanigans I found out that set was obtainable but then discovered the first upgrade wanted 5 Hinox toenails and a dragon scale each. Didnt have time for that last night so upgraded what I could xD

- - - Updated - - -

3 dungeons in, done the.. 10? main memories from the geoglyphs.
    I dont feel as much of a personal connection or relationship with the characters as I got from botw. Zelda struggle with her powers and her jealousy of Link, Revali's rivalry and arrogance, Mipha's kindness and adoration, Gerudo-Lady's strong loving big sister vibe, and Goron-bro's big bro feel.

Haven't got anything like that from any of the lead characters this time around; they feel the same, just with some more growth.
    At least last game we had them AND the 4 Heros. The 3 sages from each zone feel about the same as they did last game (Sidon and Riju I recognize, were the Rito and Goron the main 'present' characters in the last game?)

The only thing I dislike about the story is how every time you beat a temple you get told the same story every time. Nothing new really gets added.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's taken me this long to realise shrines and lightroots are almost exactly in the same location.

It's taken me this long to realise shrines and lightroots are almost exactly in the same location.
    That checks out, they do mention that the underground is like a reflection of the surface or something along those lines.

10+ Year Old Account
    For an extra chuckle try reading the Names of the Lightroots and their corresponding Shrines.

Haven't got anything like that from any of the lead characters this time around; they feel the same, just with some more growth.
    At least last game we had them AND the 4 Heros. The 3 sages from each zone feel about the same as they did last game (Sidon and Riju I recognize, were the Rito and Goron the main 'present' characters in the last game?)
    Yunobo was the Goron successor in BotW. Only the Rito champion has been changed between the games. Tulin replaced his father Teba in TotK. In BotW Tulin vas little kid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Yunobo was the Goron successor in BotW. Only the Rito champion has been changed between the games. Tulin replaced his father Teba in TotK. In BotW Tulin vas little kid.
    Funny, I barely remember Teba. I can distinctly recall Riju getting the crown and us riding the sand walrus, and Sidon being a bro and Link riding on his back around the Beast. Less so Yunobo but I can remember a goron with a hammer sword. But I cant remember Teba, looked him up on the wiki and the description of what we do in the game isnt triggering anything.

------
    So I spent some time during wow maintenance getting Hinox toenails and dragon parts to upgrade a particular set. Didnt realize you couldn't get multiple parts from a dragon at once, so I got Naydras horn and claw, and Farosh and Dindraals claws. Because I thought I needed their claws...........

I needed scales. Also learnt the bastards fly into the Depths for part of their patrol.
    When does their drop reset? When they come back from the depths?
    Cant just be because of a blood moon because none occurred and I was able to get Naydras claw after getting her horn then getting the claw from the other 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    When does their drop reset? When they come back from the depths?
    10 minutes real world time.

Also if it's the set I'm thinking of you will need claws, and fangs, and horns.

- - - Updated - - -

Was exploring through the underworld and came across one of the coliseums.

Turns out it was a gauntlet of five Lynel, including a new rock coated Silver one that drops a 55 attack horn. The reward from the chest was a very pleasant surprise.

Majora's Mask

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pro tip, don't dive into the Depths from the Akkala entrance, as it puts you up against a boss and I was not ready for that surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Pro tip, don't dive into the Depths from the Akkala entrance, as it puts you up against a boss and I was not ready for that surprise.
    Since there is Lightroot right next to the chasm I opened paraglider as soon as I saw it and wondered what the Boss Music was all about.

its weird that this game runs better on my pc than it does my switch
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552