Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    What is this flaming bullshit? Fentanyl is used in every hospital in the country on a daily basis. It in no way belongs in schedule 1.
    I don't believe being a schedule 1 drug would affect it's use in hospitals. Heroine is a schedule 1 drug, and it's still used in hospital settings under medical supervision.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    Heroine is a schedule 1 drug, and it's still used in hospital settings under medical supervision.
    Are you sure about that? Schedule I means "Drug is not safe to use, even under medical supervision" and "no accepted medical use." I've certainly never heard of hospitals administering heroin.

For reference, morphine - which is frequently used in hospitals - is Schedule II (which is also what fentanyl currently is): "Abusing the drug can cause severe physical and mental addiction" and "medical use sometimes allowed only with severe restrictions."

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Are you sure about that? Schedule I means "Drug is not safe to use, even under medical supervision" and "no accepted medical use." I've certainly never heard of hospitals administering heroin.

For reference, morphine - which is frequently used in hospitals - is Schedule II (which is also what fentanyl currently is): "Abusing the drug can cause severe physical and mental addiction" and "medical use sometimes allowed only with severe restrictions."
    Look up "Diamorphine", AKA Heroin. I'm seeing mixed results, however, as some places say it's Schedule 2 and some say Schedule 1. Also some places are saying Marijuana is Schedule 1, but I'm pretty sure it's used in treatments for Parkinson's among other things, so... yeah, no idea.

What is this flaming bullshit? Fentanyl is used in every hospital in the country on a daily basis. It in no way belongs in schedule 1.
    I don't believe this has any impacts on use in medical settings. I know cocaine is used (in very small, controlled amounts) for some treatments in the hospital and that's very much schedule 1.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/0...talks-00098347

House Republicans are bidding for steep spending cuts in exchange for raising the debt ceiling. First, though, they paused during their private weekly meeting on Tuesday to bid for something else: Speaker Kevin McCarthy’s used chapstick.

Really.

The fundraising auction of McCarthy’s used cherry lip balm ended when Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) placed a winning $100,000 bid, as confirmed by her spokesperson. She only began bidding after the California Republican chose to sweeten the deal: He agreed to attend a dinner with the winner and whichever donors and supporters they planned to bring along. That cash is headed for the House GOP campaign arm.

But the moment illustrates the strange reality that House Republicans find themselves in: With McCarthy and President Joe Biden still substantively far apart on a debt deal just days ahead of the Treasury Department’s projected deadline, they have little to do but defend the speaker and raise questions about the reliability of Treasury’s estimate. So far, they say they’re strongly united behind McCarthy.
    Republicans may be risking US default, but they're not letting that stop their fundraising...from each other, weirdly.

Anyways, Republicans love being politicians but seem super disinterested in doing any of the actual work of a politician.

The US is a week away from default.

House Republicans are spending $100,000 to buy used chapstick from one another so they can have a later fundraising dinner date.

The absolute state of things.

Here is hoping Biden doesn't chicken out and just gets rid of the unconstitutional debt ceiling bullshit entirely.

I want to know how Republicans and their worship of the constitution will explain away
    The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, shall not be questioned.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

https://newrepublic.com/post/172924/...yre-hypocrites

More TMZ hypocrisy from Marge - Both her and her newly minted boyfriend hate strip clubs. Absolutely terrible, they're awful, if only covid had shut them all down.

Good thing her boyfriend knows a few moves from his days as a reporter, where he reported on male strippers - in costume - and even learned a few moves. And said they could be considered therapists.

Again, this is not super cereal shit, but just more funny "haha gotcha" hypocrisy from those claiming the moral high ground.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Here is hoping Biden doesn't chicken out and just gets rid of the unconstitutional debt ceiling bullshit entirely.

I want to know how Republicans and their worship of the constitution will explain away
    Not really feasible at this point, sadly. He can try and it will instantly be challenged by Republicans (who have also promised violence over it), and likely put on hold while it works its way through the courts. Which achieves the same goal Republicans want of forcing a default.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh man, I didn't realize that the "whistleblowers" (they're disgruntled former employees who are not actually whistleblowers and consequently don't enjoy whistleblower protections) was also a fuckin nutjob!

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...says-rcna85095

...The hearing featured testimony about the FBI, including from Steve Friend, a former FBI special agent, and Marcus Allen, an FBI analyst working out of the FBI’s Charlotte, North Carolina, field office who said in a lawsuit against the bureau that he had been suspended without pay.

Friend told his bureau management in Florida he would not work Jan. 6 cases and "refused to participate in the execution of a court authorized, search and arrest," the letter said. Friend "espoused an alternative narrative about the events at the U.S. Capitol" before he downloaded documents from the FBI system to an unauthorized flash drive, Dunham wrote.

Friend also "participated in multiple, unapproved media interviews, including an interview with a Russian government news agency," and made a "surreptitious recording of a meeting with FBI management" that "may have violated Florida state law," the letter said. (Friend said at the hearing he believed Florida's two-party consent law had an exception for law enforcement.)

Allen, Dunham wrote, "espoused alternative theories" about Jan. 6 to co-workers "verbally and in emails and instant messages sent on the FBI systems, in apparent attempts to hinder investigative activity." Allen was admonished about sending the materials but "violated those instructions and continued to make such statements to his coworkers," according to the letter, including when he sent an email to multiple colleagues that "urged recipients to ‘exercise extreme caution and discretion in pursuit of any investigative inquiries or leads pertaining to the events of January 6.”

Allen also "failed to provide relevant information" to an FBI special agent about a Jan. 6 suspect who was later discovered to have physically assaulted U.S. Capitol Police officers, according to the letter. The case against the Jan. 6 suspect had been closed based on Allen's representation that he "did not find any information that the subject engaged in criminal activity nor did he find a nexus to terrorism," the letter said.
    So two of the employees were let go for refusing to do their jobs or follow orders from their supervisors in addition to being conspiracy theorist nutjob and insurrectionist sympathizers.

Republicans sure do know how to pick 'em.

- - - Updated - - -

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...ling-deadline/

Yellen: We have a June 1 deadline for the debt ceiling. We will hit that target at that date.

Republicans: We don't believe you.

Yellen: As of April 30 we have $300B in total, and unless we have significant new tax revenues we will run out on June 1.

Republicans: We still don't believe you, we're willing to risk this.

Yellen: Please don't do this, this would be disastrous for the US economy.

Republicans: Nope, still don't believe you. We're gonna run into this iceberg and blame it on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look, McCarthy and the GOP want to threaten the world economy.

Can we please restore the original thread title. It was completely truthful and accurate.
    Government Affiliated Snark

They are so Effing. MTG has a new boyfriend but he is just there to cuckhold while her and McCarthy bleep.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2023-05-23 at 09:30 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

And people wonder how/why the French Revolution happened... Yea. Doesn't seem to unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Who gives a fuck about the debt ceiling? This is the real important shit happening.

According to Politico: Greene only began bidding after McCarthy chose to sweeten the deal: He agreed to attend a dinner with the winner and whichever donors and supporters they planned to bring along.

100% she's gonna use that chapstick to bend him over and fuck him with.
    Nah, it is for him when he gives her the blowjob she demanded earlier in the year for the things he gave them to get Speaker. Gotta have soft lips for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I don't believe this has any impacts on use in medical settings. I know cocaine is used (in very small, controlled amounts) for some treatments in the hospital and that's very much schedule 1.
    1. Yes, it does. Schedule 1 means that the government doesn't consider there to be any legitimate medical use for the drug and is effectively a flat out ban.

2. No, cocaine is schedule II. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._II_drugs_(US)
    Last edited by Masark; 2023-05-24 at 05:13 AM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

1. Yes, it does. Schedule 1 means that the government doesn't consider there to be any legitimate medical use for the drug and is effectively a flat out ban.

2. No, cocaine is schedule II. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._II_drugs_(US)
    I know that Schedule I drugs can be used in very specific scientific things but you have to get special permission but yeah, as far as everything else, it is a flat out ban. This is how marijuana is getting medically tested on even though it is a schedule I drug federally.

Ah, TIL. Thanks for the corrections.

I am still amazed at the US endless ability to ignore foreign effects of domestic policy. At a time where every economic headline in the world is about BRICS and de-dollarization the US decides to remind the world that their circus act of a legislative can cause a global recession at will without any actual economic reason for it. If the next government is hopefully a democratic government, I hope they find a way to legally kill this debt ceiling joke so y'all can create budgets like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I am still amazed at the US endless ability to ignore foreign effects of domestic policy. At a time where every economic headline in the world is about BRICS and de-dollarization the US decides to remind the world that their circus act of a legislative can cause a global recession at will without any actual economic reason for it. If the next government is hopefully a democratic government, I hope they find a way to legally kill this debt ceiling joke so y'all can create budgets like adults.
    There is no fixing it because the problem is that 1 side in a 2 party system is utterly unwilling to cooperate and govern.
    In any democratic system a budget requires consent at all levels (President, House, Senate in the case of the US). So if one side is not willing to govern the country can only function when the other side has complete control.

And this debt ceiling 'issue' is already legally dead. Its just that it has never come to the point where the question is finally buried, someone has always blinked before it got that far.

Amendment 14 section 4.
    The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The problem is the vast majority of people looking in from the outside don't or can't understand that one party absolutely hates government. They don't want to govern as that requires compromise and doing what is best for everyone regardless of who they are or what they believe.

All they want is total power to do what they want to do and harm those they feel that are deserving of that harm.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    The problem is the vast majority of people looking in from the outside don't or can't understand that one party absolutely hates government.
    We are not idiots. We get it. It still should not be an excuse to hold the world economy hostage. They can hold the economy of the country they were elected in hostage as much as they want. For all the instability, if the US manages to default, then it should de dollarization should be a goal for every economy, not just the BRICS.

We are not idiots. We get it. It still should not be an excuse to hold the world economy hostage. They can hold the economy of the country they were elected in hostage as much as they want. For all the instability, if the US manages to default, then it should de dollarization should be a goal for every economy, not just the BRICS.
    That is more on the fact that the world refuses to depeg from the dollar as a reserve currency due to the fact that the US is also the worlds largest consumer market. The other issue is that, outside of China and India, there is no other country that has the buying power of the US. None. The entire EU barely matches up to China.

The policy within the US has always been if you want to do business within the US, you also have to do it by the rules of the US. That also means favorable trade deals. And very few companies, and countries, will try to go against that. The only other market that is as large or larger is China. That is why people capitulate to them.
    Last edited by gondrin; 2023-05-24 at 01:55 PM.

This is your brain on Republicanism.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...h-our-hostage/

My conservative colleagues for the most part support, ‘Limit, Save, Grow,’ and they don’t feel like we should negotiate with our hostage,” Gaetz told Semafor on Tuesday, doubling down on his support for the House-passed GOP bill that would cut spending by an average of 18 percent in exchange for raising the debt ceiling.
    Yep, totally normal things for normal, regular people to say.

Now is the hostage "The Democrats"? "Biden"? "The American People"?

Seems to be all of the above.

Can we call the Feds on Matt Gaetz and the Republican party holding us all hostage?