NATO Recognises Russia’s Crimes against Ukraine as Genocide

The NATO Parliamentary Assembly has unanimously recognized Russia's crimes against Ukraine as genocide and the terrorist regime in Russia as ruscism.

According to Yehor Cherniev, the head of Ukraine's permanent delegation to the NATO Parliamentary Assembly, a declaration was adopted during the session of the assembly in Luxembourg that includes unanimous support from parliamentarians of NATO countries for an international tribunal, assistance to Ukraine during and after the victory.

The document recognises Russia's crimes against Ukraine as genocide, condemns the ideology of ruscism, supports the restoration of territorial integrity, sanctions, reparations, and also the "Marshall Plan" for Ukraine, the MP points out.

"We achieved the adoption of an extremely strong declaration at the session of the assembly in Luxembourg that will have far-reaching political consequences," Cherniev stated.

Additionally, the Assembly called on its member countries' governments to openly declare at the summit in Vilnius that Ukraine will join the Alliance and to agree on specific steps for Ukraine's NATO accession.

"This is our diplomatic victory. All our key requests regarding the final text of the declaration have been taken into account," Cherniev adds.

The MP emphasises that thanks to this decision, "the foundation for the NATO summit in Vilnius has been laid." He added, "Parliamentarians of the Alliance countries have expressed their position. Now it's up to the governments."
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    No Ukrainians are involved - its entirely being done by the two russian groups. Reportedly they have taken a Bakhmut sized territory in just 1 day. I doubt it will last but it will cause panic and force russia to redeploy yet more troops before the real counteroffensive begins.

- - - Updated - - -

russian cope is trying to claim its all a trap - they 'let' let the attackers in just to trap them.
    To be fair, taking territory when your target doesn't know he is fighting is relatively easy.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

saw a vid of the guys who are storming belograd singing this :

letss goooooo

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man what news to wake up to this morning, lmao.

Also to add more fuckery to this news: Russia (allegedly) has a Nuclear Weapon facility just outside of Belograd. Do with that information what you will.

10+ Year Old Account
    No Ukrainians are involved - its entirely being done by the two russian groups. Reportedly they have taken a Bakhmut sized territory in just 1 day. I doubt it will last but it will cause panic and force russia to redeploy yet more troops before the real counteroffensive begins.

- - - Updated - - -

russian cope is trying to claim its all a trap - they 'let' let the attackers in just to trap them.
    I suppose these militant groups give the Russian people a nice “alternative” to Putin as well. Unhappy with the war and the direction of your country? Put your money where your mouth is.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I have to disappoint you there - IMF loans are a cancer in their own ways offering loans, but asking for conditions that many poor countries can ill afford and are forced to accept, with burden more often than not falling on the poorest.

The reality is - there are no free meals and the strings attached with these loans offer the lenders quite a bit of powers that worth more than just the interest. IMF is not a charity; in case you thought it was.
    I never said the IMF or whatnot are charities. Nor that there are no strings attached. I was highlighting that the idea that somehow the Chinese loans were anyhow better or kinder or fairer or whatnot was self evidently and hilariously wrong, and that's ironic that they are turning back to groups like the IMF for help.

Tho...The IMF and EU etc loans even if they come with many strings attached aren't usually intentionally meant to be unpayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Millennial View Post
    I never said the IMF or whatnot are charities. Nor that there are no strings attached. I was highlighting that the idea that somehow the Chinese loans were anyhow better or kinder or fairer or whatnot was self evidently and hilariously wrong, and that's ironic that they are turning back to groups like the IMF for help.

Tho...The IMF and EU etc loans even if they come with many strings attached aren't usually intentionally meant to be unpayable.
    Oh that's pretty much a requirement for disbursement. What can be paid is determined and the rest is usually cut. And in part it is up to the countries to find ways to extract that wealth from their upper class instead of the middle and working class but that always seems to fail for some reason . . .

Russian Deputy Minister Dies Suddenly After Slamming ‘Fascist Invasion’ of Ukraine

A senior Russian lawmaker who was reportedly critical of the invasion of Ukraine died over the weekend, the Russian government confirmed, in the latest unexpected fatality of a prominent figure since the war began.

In a statement, Russia’s Ministry of Science and Higher Education confirmed that Deputy Science Minister Pyotr Kucherenko, 46, died on Saturday. The ministry said he “became ill” while on board a plane carrying Russian delegates home after a business trip to Cuba. The flight made an emergency landing in southern Russia but doctors couldn’t save him, the ministry added.

The statement said the ministry offered its “deepest condolences” to Kucherenko’s friends and family. No cause of death was released. State broadcaster Zvezda claimed that his family initially linked his passing with a heart condition, but that a forensic examination is not due to take place until Wednesday, the outlet added.

Roman Super, an independent Russian journalist, wrote on his Telegram channel on Sunday that he had spoken with Kucherenko a few days before Super left Russia in the wake of the invasion of Ukraine last year.

Super described Kucherenko as an “old friend” and said the pair spoke candidly in Kucherenko’s office. Super said Kucherenko encouraged him to leave in order to save himself and his family, adding: “You can’t imagine the degree of brutalization of our country. You won’t even recognize Russia in a year.”

Kucherenko allegedly told Super that it was impossible for him to leave because authorities had taken away his passport. “And there’s no world that would be happy to see a deputy Russian minister after this fascist invasion,” Kucherenko said, according to Super.

The journalist claimed Kucherenko said he was taking “handfuls” of “antidepressants and tranquilizers at the same time” but that the self-medicating wasn’t “really helping.”

“I feel terrible,” Super recounted Kucherenko as saying. “We’re all held hostage.”

Kucherenko was married to Diana Gurtskaya, a blind pop singer who has received numerous awards in Russia including People’s Artist of the Russian Federation, the highest title given to Russians in the performing arts. Gurtskaya also represented Georgia at the 2008 Eurovision Song Contest with a song called “Peace Will Come,” ultimately losing out to the Russian entry.

She has also publicly expressed support for Russian President Vladimir Putin, reportedly signing a 2014 open letter from Russia’s cultural figures supporting the illegal annexation of Crimea. Gurtskaya married Kucherenko in 2005 and together they had a son two years later.

Kucherenko’s untimely demise is one of many unexpected, high-profile deaths across Russia since the invasion started last year. Russian military officials, energy executives, and outspoken war critics have all died in mysterious circumstances over the course of the first year of the war. In February, a military bureaucrat who criticized the Kremlin for losses in Ukraine fell 16 floors to her death in St. Petersburg.

Other well-known people including lawmakers have also suffered fatal falls from windows. In December Pavel Antov, a rich politician and businessman in Putin’s party, was found dead in front of his hotel in India—two days after the death of one of his friends on the same trip.

Similar accidents have befallen prominent individuals in Russia’s energy sector too. Ravil Maganov, the chairman of the board of Russia’s second-biggest oil company Lukoil, died after falling from a hospital window in Moscow in September. Another Lukoil executive died in strange circumstances just a few months earlier, while other energy figures have recently been involved in suspicious hangings and murder-suicides.
    Well shit. Dude saw it coming and still bit it.

There still seems to fighting in the Bilhorod Peoples Republic. russia must really be struggling if it can't find the troops to deal with a hundred or so little green men.

It just reasserts Putin is fucking terrifying. He kills you without a doubt if you cross him even slightly.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

There still seems to fighting in the Bilhorod Peoples Republic. russia must really be struggling if it can't find the troops to deal with a hundred or so little green men.
    its quite ironic that the guys raiding belogrod region are actual nazis, who are Russian and Russia is struggling to kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    It just reasserts Putin is fucking terrifying. He kills you without a doubt if you cross him even slightly.
    And yet teh Prig and the Gherkin continue to takes shots at the war effort and even pootie and they are still alive. Pootie only goes after the small fry. If he was so powerful the Prig and the Gherkin would have been dead a long time ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    its quite ironic that the guys raiding belogrod region are actual nazis, who are Russian and Russia is struggling to kill them.
    There are two groups involved in this - I knew one had nazi elements but I don't think the other does.

There have been some reports that the russians have been used grads and unguided rockets from helicopters against the freedom fighters. Yeah, they are 'liberating' russian villages russian style, ie blowing them up.

The effective loss of Bakhmut has sure given Russian trolls and their western sympathizers plenty of ammunition.

Enough that it kinda overshadowed the significance of the incursion into Belgorod.

If the Ruskibots and Ruskifans are good at anything is downplaying their losses and over hyping ever single gain (no matter what it cost). Ukraine really needs to hit back somewhere and hit back hard or risk the resurgence of the "negotiate yourselves into submission" narrative.

The freedom fighters seem to have dug in and aren't retreating yet. They seem to have chosen a good spot for it as well, as to their north and east are rivers and to the south and west is Ukrainian controlled territory. So to get at them, the russians have to cross rivers. And they don't appear to have a lot of troops around yet. Meanwhile the freedom fighters brought a couple of tanks plus afvs, uavs and artillery with them. And they've even captured some more armoured vehicles and a valuable jammer system. It could explain why the russians are resorting to inaccurate rocket attacks from helicopters and planes on their own territory - at the moment it is all they can do.

There aren't any firm numbers of how many are involved - estimates range from 200 to 2000. If the later, then it will be a serious effort to dig them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Millennial View Post
    The effective loss of Bakhmut has sure given Russian trolls and their western sympathizers plenty of ammunition.

Enough that it kinda overshadowed the significance of the incursion into Belgorod.

If the Ruskibots and Ruskifans are good at anything is downplaying their losses and over hyping ever single gain (no matter what it cost). Ukraine really needs to hit back somewhere and hit back hard or risk the resurgence of the "negotiate yourselves into submission" narrative.
    they absolutely dont for the reason you have identified, who cares what online retards and sycophants think.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsRainingMetal View Post
    Those guys that took Belgorod should hold referendums about joining Ukraine.
    For the record, the region of Belgorod used to be Ukrainian-speaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    For the record, the region of Belgorod used to be Ukrainian-speaking.
    Just returning "historic lands", eh? russia should be sympathetic to that.

lol at their messaging : "The Russian Federation has no reserves to respond to military crises - all servicemen are dead, wounded or in Ukraine", the post continues. "The Russian Federation is absolutely not protected."

There is a certain irony that the Belgorod government spent 10 billion rubles on fortifying the border with dragons teeth and ditches and the freedom fighters just walked through them as there were no troops to actually use them.

How much was also embezzled is the next question.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a certain irony that the Belgorod government spent 10 billion rubles on fortifying the border with dragons teeth and ditches and the freedom fighters just walked through them as there were no troops to actually use them.

How much was also embezzled is the next question.
    But you have to understand, no one was ever supposed to come here! It's not the fault of the Belgorod government! (obviously sarcasm but I'm almost sure that's their thought process.)