Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You know I'd like to say so much more about this BUT this is ENTIRELY a lore discussion and not a future content discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Really they are going into Blizzcon with the Overwatch 2 disaster over their heads. And it absolutely is a disaster and they lied to our faces about it when they launched OW2 telling us it would have PvE when they had already decided the version of PvE promised would be killed.

Which is why they need at least one of their products to have something major to sell. I am hoping for WoW to have big news. I'll say it again, the next expac is likely to release during the 20th/30th anniversary. Part of me will always hope for Revamp which imo is the only thing BIG enough to show that the franchise has decades forward except for maybe Housing. But if it is not Revamp and it is just another "4-5 zones, 8 dungeons, 1 raid with 8-10 bosses" they don't need a convention for that.

HS just is not likely to have anything else than more of the same. HotS is dead. The Survival game is likely still way off. Arclight Rumble might be fun but the Blizzcon crowd is not the target audience. So they have WoW and Diablo 4. It IS possible that we get a Diablo 4 expansion reveal
    World revamp has the chance of crashing and burning harder than anything else if they lose the manpower to deliver it mid development.

Meh expansion is just meh expansion.

Meh EK and Kalimdor is meh game forever.

You know I'd like to say so much more about this BUT this is ENTIRELY a lore discussion and not a future content discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Really they are going into Blizzcon with the Overwatch 2 disaster over their heads. And it absolutely is a disaster and they lied to our faces about it when they launched OW2 telling us it would have PvE when they had already decided the version of PvE promised would be killed.

Which is why they need at least one of their products to have something major to sell. I am hoping for WoW to have big news. I'll say it again, the next expac is likely to release during the 20th/30th anniversary. Part of me will always hope for Revamp which imo is the only thing BIG enough to show that the franchise has decades forward except for maybe Housing. But if it is not Revamp and it is just another "4-5 zones, 8 dungeons, 1 raid with 8-10 bosses" they don't need a convention for that.

HS just is not likely to have anything else than more of the same. HotS is dead. The Survival game is likely still way off. Arclight Rumble might be fun but the Blizzcon crowd is not the target audience. So they have WoW and Diablo 4. It IS possible that we get a Diablo 4 expansion reveal
    I wouldn't be shocked if we might start to get internal strife within Blizzard. It might be in the WoW developers best interest to not be associated with the Overwatch developers for instance.

Though honestly, i think we are going to get the usual. A medium backtracking. The changes are being reverted, but also the changes we made previously were misinterpreted and whatever we are going to get is what we probably wanted from the beginning.

Or of course the Overwatch stuff is going to be old hat by then, and all the focus is going to be on Diablo IV and WoW 11.0
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Tbf, the whole Void VS Light fanboyism comes from the same people who desperatly want to see Yrel be the new big evil.
    The whole of which I can't take seriously since it validates that ridiculous cosmic chart.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    World revamp has the chance of crashing and burning harder than anything else if they lose the manpower to deliver it mid development.

Meh expansion is just meh expansion.

Meh EK and Kalimdor is meh game forever.
    Absolutely true. They can make a complete mess of it pretty damn easy. Imo they cannot just do a revamp for an expac. Either they have been working on it behind the scenes for years or maybe they could do a partial revamp of part of the map as an expansion. I do have a concept of them just updating zones visually and having them join a TW rotation that is far more impactful but that would need a thread of its own to discuss.

At the same time, if they come back with Blizzcon after so many years only to reveal a cookie cutter xpac for WoW, a card set for HS, MAYBE an expac for D4 and nothing for the rest of their games they will be a laughing stock.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked if we might start to get internal strife within Blizzard. It might be in the WoW developers best interest to not be associated with the Overwatch developers for instance.

Though honestly, i think we are going to get the usual. A medium backtracking. The changes are being reverted, but also the changes we made previously were misinterpreted and whatever we are going to get is what we probably wanted from the beginning.

Or of course the Overwatch stuff is going to be old hat by then, and all the focus is going to be on Diablo IV and WoW 11.0
    If the merger fails (and with the CMA block that is the more likely scenario) who knows what might happen at ATVI. Titan has been the bane of Blizzard. So much of Overwatch's success had nothing to do with the gameplay but rather with the excitement people showed for the world building and the characters and a PvE mode would have been explosive for that crowd

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The whole of which I can't take seriously since it validates that ridiculous cosmic chart.
    Ridiculous or not, it is what we have.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-05-23 at 10:21 AM.

Blizzcon is really gonna be a big moment for them, wonder what the betting is they fumble the ball, against them pulling off a blinder?

Quote Originally Posted by CopyX1982 View Post
    Blizzcon is really gonna be a big moment for them, wonder what the betting is they fumble the ball, against them pulling off a blinder?
    I'm going for fumble. They don't have much to show.

They have this mobile phone warcraft"(EDIT) game and another mobile warcraft game in the works, also this FPP survival game they will probably show.

If Microsoft won't be able to buy them, someone else will and it will be probably tescent or some other part, even worse one.

I prefer to be positive this time, i really don't want another shadowlands behind the scenes shitstorm and problems, so they will still release enjoyable stuff.

Even tho i have hundred of hours in OV1 and like 10 in OV2 i don't really care about recent drama because i think most people that stopped playing already accepted it that OV2 was just made to change the monetization model and they gained a shitton of money with it, sadly.
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2023-05-23 at 10:34 AM.

I'm going for fumble. They don't have much to show.
    Except the next WoW expansion.
    It's all kinds of anniversary stuff for Warcraft, so I imagine they might go all in on WoW stuff. If they pull out all the stops on crowd pleaser announcements then I somehow doubt the issues plaguing the other titles will really matter forge event.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

As much as I do genuinely believe we are getting the standard “5 zones, 8 new dungeons, 1 new raid, 1 new big feature” styled expansion set on Avaloren or Tel’Abim next - I’d be lying if I wouldn’t lose my shit if we got a voiceover from Thrall/Anduin/Jaina/Alexstrasza/whoever, announcing that the Azeroth is healing and the world is flourishing, with new threats scattered arising, and new fledgling heroes rising to answer the call.

BOOM AZEROTH REBORN. *cue epic WoW music*

Revamped Azeroth, with the merger of some zones. Lordaeron, Khaz Modan, Kingdom of Stormwind, Northern Kalimdor etc. Each kingdom with its own multiple zone spamming campaign tied to that kingdom.

New specs added for each class as the classes use this time of growth to learn new skills. Bard for Rogues, tank spec for Shamans, healer spec for Mages etc.

With the retaking of Gnomeregan and the expansion of Gadgetzan, the Tinker class is now available.

Racial campaigns.

Class fantasy returning.

Player housing.

Greater character customisation due to the races flourishing. As well as toggles for existing races such as Broken Draenei, Mok’nathal for Orcs, Amani for Trolls, etc etc etc.

Many of the main cast of characters who have been prominent in the spotlight setting off on an expedition to Avaloren, setting up future content as well as giving under utilised characters a chance in the limelight.

Murozond’s attack on the Dragon Isles leaving lasting damage, resulting in a greater focus on time walking content.

One can certainly dream.
    Last edited by Santandame; 2023-05-23 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    One can certainly dream.
    Sure. Many of us want all that as well But dreams don't survive waking.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    They have this mobile phone WoW game
    That was canceled because Blizz and NetEase/Tencent/whoever they were doing it with couldn't agree on monetization model.

Makes one wonder what the Chinese were pushing when it was too much even for Blizz.

At the same time, if they come back with Blizzcon after so many years only to reveal a cookie cutter xpac for WoW, a card set for HS, MAYBE an expac for D4 and nothing for the rest of their games they will be a laughing stock.
    They already have Arclight Rumble that will be made available shortly after blizzcon if not the next day. Potentially a cinematic trailer for their new survival game. Then they will showcase the pve missions they will add to overwatch 2. And of course whatever expansion they will deliver for WoW in 2024.
    This alone will be more exciting than what they've been showing in the preceding blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    That was canceled because Blizz and NetEase/Tencent/whoever they were doing it with couldn't agree on monetization model.

Makes one wonder what the Chinese were pushing when it was too much even for Blizz.
    Are we talking about a different game to Arclight Rumble?

Are we talking about a different game to Arclight Rumble?
    There were some plans for WoW mobile game rumoured but they cancelled it in 2022, at least thats what the reports say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CopyX1982 View Post
    -New WoW expansion
    -10.2 preview
    -New HS expansion
    -New Overwatch 2 Hero
    -New Diablo 4 patch
    -Surprise announcement

I think that could be a solid show.

Don't get spooked by the mods. This thread is for shooting the shit, expansion speculation is just a pretext. It's not like this is some bustling hub.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Don't get spooked by the mods. This thread is for shooting the shit, expansion speculation is just a pretext. It's not like this is some bustling hub.
    I don't know, this particular mod infracts me all the time so . . .
    And it really isn't that related to speculation. I could talk on how the six forces could work philosophically. Imo you need to bring your ideas in the context of the recent revelations, however much people like them or not. And that is, the Six Forces must have some form of instrumentality. They were created by the First Ones as tools (likely to shape the Physical Realm between them). That means that each Force serves a function. Use that as guidance on what they may be meant to do. Imo
    Light defines reality. It is the arbiter of Truth. To perceive reality, things must have a form and meaning.
    Stasis is not a natural part of Light imo. Rather it is a cultural imperative of the Naaru. Of all the races in WoW the Naaru have the absolute best reason to be scared shitless of injury and death because they become their opposite when that happens and they also destroy everything around them. It's not even them being self-serving, their void state destroys the people they are meant to care for. Which is why I could have seen Light colluding with Death to create Calia but Zovaal's lack of nuance kind of fucked that plot.

Order imposes Structure. It is less about law and more about making certain that the Physical Realm sees progression and develops civilizations. And that is why part of its duty is maintaining the linearity of time. Order is not obsessed with things staying static; it seeks progress and every evolving complexity. Azeroth is an exception though; the Titans (who I do not think are the Pantheon of Order in the same way the Eternals are; rather they are the Pantheon of the Physical realm and they have CHOSEN to ally with Order) want to ensure their sister is born healthy so they have intervened here far more heavily than they did elsewhere.

Fel is probably a disruptor. It keeps the experiment going. It's nature is to upset structure. Imo it is not there to destroy simply for destruction's sake, rather its purpose is to prevent Order from ending up in stagnation.

Void is the Force of Possibility and Revelation. See I will posit something very different to what we see about Void. Void cannot just be about consuming reality. That just makes no sense. If that was its purpose it would not envy the Titans' ability to order the cosmos. It would not be focused on the infinite possible timelines. If all it wants is to eat things then it would behave in a much more reasonable manner. The Void is the potential of the blank canvas. It doesn't destroy reality, it shifts and archives it so a new possibility could happen. What Void consumes doesn't stop existing, it's just somewhere within the Void Plane until all possibility is real.

How this ties to future content would be on what cosmic content could look like.
    A) I don't think all the Zereth's are prototyping facilities. Death's unique purpose (to dispose or recyle souls) requires that it constantly expands as a dimension. So what the First Ones needed from it was the ability to prototype new realms and cast them in the In-Between. The other Forces don't really have the same needs so their Zereths likely serve different functions. All of them likely create observation and executive units to keep things running as a secondary purpose but their primary purpose could be very different and that would let them also LOOK different. I'd also think that Death does make sense as the least alien plane because it needs to be familiar to the souls coming from physical reality. It makes sense to visit it. Not sure it makes as much sense to visit Disorder.
    b) I think we will see at least Ordos in the future. For me the reason is Azshara. The idea that mighty immortals with all the resources and time in the world did not have the time to gain a greater understanding of the cosmos is ludicrous. If there are indications of the work of the First Ones leftover in some book in Uldaman, Azshara likely knows this. Kil'jaeden probably knew it as well; it is likely his nihilism comes from a deeper understanding of the cosmos similar with Zovaal so he felt Sargeras wiping the board clean is optimal (reminds me a bit of Ishamael from Wheel of Time; if the world keeps existing it just means infinite suffering so better to just end it all). And I think Azshara probably knows enough and has a plan very similar to Zovaal with her "true throne of power" but it will not happen any time soon exactly because the plot would be too damn similar.
    As for Elune, I get people want to see more (I wish we had seen less) but the question is WHY? What is the threat? What is the reason going to the plane of Life? Is it a threat to us? Is someone else attacking it (maybe Denathrius?)

With Light we know why they'd attack, it's because Xe'ra is a bitch. It is established she is a bitch, we know her as one and no one will be surprised if we get to kill her.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-05-23 at 11:43 AM.

for people like nymrhod and yourself who know when to exercise restraint it's mostly ok. But there are quite a number of people that shouldn't be encouraged to let run wild because they're not as apt as you are with this ^^'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Plot twist: Neltharion is still alive. Ebyssian is Neltharion (that's the reason why he didnt enter Aberrus saying that the only legacy Neltharion left behind is death and destruction. and that Wrathion and Sabellian should witness it on their own)
    Honestly? That would be more in keeping with the schemer we knew as Deathwing than anything WoW has put out related to his character.

No, this thread is for upcoming content and expansion speculation. That’s what the majority visit it for. Not to read through pages of discussion not pertaining to speculation regarding upcoming content because a small number of forum regulars want to treat it like their own generalised group chat.

You have the lore sub-forum if you want to talk general lore. You have the option to create a discord server if you all want to discuss what you want amongst familiar folk. Keep this thread as what it is supposed to be. All the off-topic rubbish does is put off others from joining in or contributing to the discussion.