Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Classic Hardcore Rewards

Hey,

With Classic Hardcore, it raises the question if there should or shouldn’t be a reward for hitting level 60.

Do you think the accomplishment is its own reward? Or do you think there needs to be something to help incentivise completing this difficult task or have something to show for it?

For me personally I would like a title that transferred to retail (The Heroic) or something. Purely because once you hit 60 you’re not going to be playing much more to show off the reward. Not a mount, or something people are going to be too envious about because classic hardcore isn’t for everyone. But a bit of text where people can say, he hit level 60 in hardcore. Cool.

What is everyone’s opinions?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a personal achivement i believe, personal Joy playing HC. Otherwise play Hunter or lock and easy earn the reward. Reward is to accomplish. The fun is challenhing yourself. Experience vary really with the class play rogue and warrior compare to lock and Hunter.
    A very cool signature text.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its personal. Target has no meaning it self tbh. Its all about the trip. But im out. Ive done my trip in 2004.

A Title, and probably a mount on retail would be a good idea.
    It would pull a crowd, and push people to give it a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Valhalladin View Post
    Hey,

With Classic Hardcore, it raises the question if there should or shouldn’t be a reward for hitting level 60.

Do you think the accomplishment is its own reward? Or do you think there needs to be something to help incentivise completing this difficult task or have something to show for it?

For me personally I would like a title that transferred to retail (The Heroic) or something. Purely because once you hit 60 you’re not going to be playing much more to show off the reward. Not a mount, or something people are going to be too envious about because classic hardcore isn’t for everyone. But a bit of text where people can say, he hit level 60 in hardcore. Cool.

What is everyone’s opinions?
    I think this is a really stupid suggestion. Give out rewards and stuff on the hardcore realms themselves for getting to 60, but giving out rewards to retail (or even other Classic realms) is just absurd and would at the very least be a very disgusting business move with unlikely much gain.

Just keep those things separate. People who enjoy doing Hardcore should be able to do so, but don't try to make people do it by offering them stupid achivements and titles.

Ofc there has to be a reward, while quite a few get to 60, its still a tiny % of the playerbase and is a great achievement. I would happy with a solo self found leaderboard or a title. I mean playing 2-5 man leveling or dungeons is not a challenge and is pointless.

15 million gold on every realm, unlocked all tmogs and titles for retail from vanilla, including scarab lord (no mount, that’ll be given out via twitch next expansion launch).

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    I think this is a really stupid suggestion. Give out rewards and stuff on the hardcore realms themselves for getting to 60, but giving out rewards to retail (or even other Classic realms) is just absurd and would at the very least be a very disgusting business move with unlikely much gain.

Just keep those things separate. People who enjoy doing Hardcore should be able to do so, but don't try to make people do it by offering them stupid achivements and titles.
    The problem with getting a reward on hardcore server is that when you’re 60 you log out. Unless you kill Ragnaros without dying then you extended the game by a very small Margain.

As far as business decisions go, it would opt more people to do it to get the reward thus increasing subscription fees as well as coverage of the game. Not sure that argument holds up.

Quote Originally Posted by Valhalladin View Post
    The problem with getting a reward on hardcore server is that when you’re 60 you log out. Unless you kill Ragnaros without dying then you extended the game by a very small Margain.

As far as business decisions go, it would opt more people to do it to get the reward thus increasing subscription fees as well as coverage of the game. Not sure that argument holds up.
    The logic that adding rewards to X so that people who otherwise aren't interested will do it does work most of the time in WoW, but only most of the time.
    When things get too difficult and too tedious then those people who aren't interested still won't be interested due to its huge effort. That's why a reward like you are suggesting will never work. Those things only work for small promotional reasons, such as play through the DK starter area on Classic and get a mount on retail (which is like 45min or gameplay).

Other than that, it is, as I and others said, a really stupid idea to add retail (or even Wrath Classic) rewards for playing on hardcore. In many ways it ruins the challenge and incentives Blizzard to tone it down and make it about something else and not the actual experience. On the other side, it pisses off retail/Wrath Classic collectors and completionists who will miss out on rewards, because they don't want to stop playing their their preferred game for a basically different game for rewards in their preferred game. Rewards in retail (unless for minor promotional stuff, which THIS IS NOT) should be awarded by doing stuff in retail and vice-versa.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    The logic that adding rewards to X so that people who otherwise aren't interested will do it does work most of the time in WoW, but only most of the time.
    When things get too difficult and too tedious then those people who aren't interested still won't be interested due to its huge effort. That's why a reward like you are suggesting will never work. Those things only work for small promotional reasons, such as play through the DK starter area on Classic and get a mount on retail (which is like 45min or gameplay).

Other than that, it is, as I and others said, a really stupid idea to add retail (or even Wrath Classic) rewards for playing on hardcore. In many ways it ruins the challenge and incentives Blizzard to tone it down and make it about something else and not the actual experience. On the other side, it pisses off retail/Wrath Classic collectors and completionists who will miss out on rewards, because they don't want to stop playing their their preferred game for a basically different game for rewards in their preferred game. Rewards in retail (unless for minor promotional stuff, which THIS IS NOT) should be awarded by doing stuff in retail and vice-versa.
    At that point people will have already subbed and Blizzard get their money so why would they care?
    The problem is not looking at this like a pendulum swing but rather as just 2 complete opposites with no middle. Some people would like to participate and get to 60 at all costs but feels like a waste of time if there isn’t something permanent to tie it together with the hours invested. It’s like competing for the olympics, achieving gold and you don’t win a medal or get put in the hall of fame. You’re just some guy who did a badass pole jump.

Let’s be fair how many people have 100 percent. There will always be more for them to do. And if someone is 100 percent then they have mastered the game and is a prime candidate for hardcore.

At the end of the day it would end up being a bit of text in a hall of fame or a title which takes 5 minutes to make and gets a lot more people interested. I’m against a mount personally unless someone has a decent argument for it.

Leaderboard and a title should be enough. Solo self found and easymode should be different for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Solo self found and easymode should be different for obvious reasons.
    For obvious reasons is the kind of phrase that one says when cannot explain what is obvious.

If they add an achievement system and add titles, Soloist representing solo self-found and Hardcore representing you hit 60, that can be shared if you play Retail would be ideal.

Having topics moving from one mode to the other, titles, achievements and whatnot is by no reason detrimental and the more people that plays Hardcore the better even if they do just for a shiny new tag in their retail game (that's called Cross-promotion and you are hit everyday every single hour by it)

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfunk View Post
    A Title, and probably a mount on retail would be a good idea.
    It would pull a crowd, and push people to give it a try.
    no DONT FORCE MOUNT COLLECTERS TO DO THIS STUFF FOR A MOUNT IN RETAIL already bad enough that there are retail mounts for the collectors editions for classis and onmes for buying d4 and warcraft 3

Since so far they said that HC will have it's own server, it makes little sense for rewards for doing it. Your char and journey is the rewards and everyone will be the same anyway, should they make it. If they don't make it, they won't be in the game anyway.
    If they were to have servers in which you can opt into HC but can also play normal, then here rewards would make sense to "show off".
    IMO they should do something like this:
    - Regular server in which you can opt into a HC or HC challenge (more below)
    - HC just requires you to reach level 60 without dying, rewards "the Undying"
    - HC challenges: adds some debuffs to you (-20% movement, 20% extra damage taken etc.), trade restrictions and disables pets for hunters and warlocks but grants them 30% bonus damage. rewards "the Immortal".

But maybe in like 10 years, cause blizzard is really really really slow at doing these kinds of things.
    Last edited by kranur; 2023-05-25 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noffub View Post
    For obvious reasons is the kind of phrase that one says when cannot explain what is obvious.

If they add an achievement system and add titles, Soloist representing solo self-found and Hardcore representing you hit 60, that can be shared if you play Retail would be ideal.

Having topics moving from one mode to the other, titles, achievements and whatnot is by no reason detrimental and the more people that plays Hardcore the better even if they do just for a shiny new tag in their retail game (that's called Cross-promotion and you are hit everyday every single hour by it)
    Do not need walls of text when a sentence everybody understand is written.

Do not need walls of text when a sentence everybody understand is written.
    The truth is what you understand not what I say.

And those 2, "what I say" and "what you understand" can be very different if there is no context.

Quote Originally Posted by Noffub View Post
    The truth is what you understand not what I say.

And those 2, "what I say" and "what you understand" can be very different if there is no context.
    If you do not see the difference between ssf and easymode hc and why they need have separate leaderboards without an explanation, we have a problem, young man.

7+ Year Old Account
    No rewards at all, especially none which transfers to retail. Leveling to 60 in hardcore is extremly easy and with so many ways to cheese it even easier.

If you do not see the difference between ssf and easymode hc and why they need have separate leaderboards without an explanation, we have a problem, young man.
    Then naked also needs a separate leaderboard, same for only adding points on a specific tree, or not adding points at all or only using a specific magic tree all the way to 60, without an explanation.

If you do not see the differences between ALL the different cases, we have a problem, young man.

Bottom line, because you need it, stop splitting the community and enjoy the game, we DO NOT need separate servers/leaderboards, that can be a feat of strength achievement within wow classic.