Page 15 of 96 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Well, he doesn't look the part anyways..

"Their Favors Are Used Up" - Why One Star Wars Rebels Actor Isn't Returning For Ahsoka.

https://screenrant.com/ahsoka-kanan-...letter_popup=1
    BY MARCELO LEITE - 7 MINUTES AGO

A Star Wars Rebels actor confirms they are not returning for Ahsoka, which will see live-action versions of multiple Rebels characters.

Freddie Prinze Jr. will not reprise his role as Star Wars Rebels’ Kanan Jarrus in the upcoming Ahsoka series. Star Wars Rebels season 1 introduced Kanan as a secret Jedi who survived Order 66 and went on to lead a small rebel cell alongside Hera Syndulla. Rebels would later reveal that Kanan was a surviving Padawan from the time of the Republic, setting up an incredible character arc that culminated in season 4.

https://youtu.be/nCLxMv-tYMg

During The Big Thing podcast, Prinze Jr. discussed his most recent Kanan cameos in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker and Star Wars: The Bad Batch season 1, but confirmed that he will not return in Ahsoka.

Prinze Jr: “I was asked to [voice Kanan in The Bad Batch]. I feel like every time you hear Kanan’s voice since Rebels ended, it really kind of dilutes his impact. I didn’t wanna do [Episode IX] either. I was asked as a favor, but I feel like all their favors are used up now.Interviewer: So no Ahsoka?Prinze Jr: No Ahsoka. I’m done with Kanan. I’m too old for that stuff.

While Kanan Jarrus never appeared in live-action, Prinze Jr.'s voice was one of the many cameo Jedi voices Rey heard during The Rise of Skywalker's ending battle. Prinze Jr. also voiced a 14-year-old Caleb Dume in The Bad Batch season 1, episode 1, which retconned Kanan's backstory. The Ahsoka series will now revisit multiple Rebels characters in live-action, including Sabine Wren, Hera Syndulla, and Ezra Bridger.

As disappointing as Prinze Jr. not returning as Kanan may sound, the actor makes a compelling case for leaving the character alone. The story of Caleb Dume, the Jedi Padawan who would become Rebel leader Kanan Jarrus, was concluded in Rebels season 4. Kanan’s death in Rebels was one of the saga’s most emotional moments. Likewise, his sacrifice summarized what it means to be a Jedi in the most impactful way.

Instead of retconning Yoda’s “the last Jedi” line from Return of the Jedi once again, Star Wars gave Kanan a definitive ending. As beloved as Spectre-1 was, Kanan’s story always suggested that the “last Padawan” would not survive the events of Rebels. Even still, Kanan’s death was not for shock value, instead serving to raise the stakes for Rebels season 4’s finale and teaching Ezra Bridger one last critical Jedi lesson.

Neither a Kanan Force ghost nor a Rebels flashback in Ahsoka would retcon Kanan’s death. However, revisiting a dead Star Wars character multiple times can lessen the impact of their deaths, even if a retcon is not involved. Kanan’s voice was heard during The Rise of Skywalker, and a young Caleb Dume appeared in both The Bad Batch and Tales of the Jedi. That said, Ahsoka will likely reference Kanan in some capacity, perhaps even bringing in Hera and Kanan’s son, Jacen Syndulla.

5+ Year Old Account
    Ahsoka's Natasha Liu Bordizzo Teases Sabine's Surprising New Weapon.

https://gizmodo.com/ahsoka-disney-sa...els-1850445638
    By James Whitbrook - Wednesday 1:15PM

That actress was Natasha Liu Bordizzo, who appears in Ahsoka as the live-action iteration of Rebels mainstay Sabine Wren, and the surprise? That guests at the con saw an extended version of the Ahsoka trailer where Sabine goes into battle against a mysterious agent of the Dark Side wielding the green-bladed lightsaber of her long-absent friend Ezra.

“I’m just really glad that’s out there,” Bordizzo told Empire in its latest issue (via Comicbook). “It’s been really hard talking about my fight-training without talking about the fact that it’s ‘saber-training,’ which is literally all I’ve been doing for so long. The Mandalorian [physicality] is very Western, and then the saber style is very samurai-influenced. Trying to embody those two things—sometimes one right after the other—in the choreography was super interesting, because they’re such different modes of being. I really had fun with the journey of trying to master both.”

Of course Sabine isn’t unfamiliar with the weapon of the Jedi—after all, she saw Kanan and Ezra wielding them during her time with the Ghost crew, and as the brief inheritor of the legendary Darksaber, Sabine was trained by the duo to effectively wield a lightsaber in combat. So it makes sense in a desperate fight against another lightsaber-wielder, she’s confident enough to use one. But even then, Bordizzo teased that Sabine’s arc in Ahsoka will be tied more to what the lightsaber means to her, rather than her capacity to use it.

“It’s just part of her journey,” the actress concluded. “Not just the saber itself, but what comes with that, and what that means, and what mindset it takes to wield that weapon.”

- - - Updated - - -

Rosario Dawson on the Moment Her 'Ahsoka' Lightsaber Training "Clicked"

https://collider.com/ahsoka-lightsab...wson-comments/
    BY DIEGO PERALTA - 2 DAYS AGO

During a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly, Dawson spoke about the rigorous lightsaber training she had to take on in order to portray the wise warrior:

She is ambidextrous, that was just a lot to kind of own. She's so fierce from the very beginning, It was never a question about whether she is capable. She meets every single match just so head on. There's no hesitancy from her whatsoever, and that's really different from someone who's learning martial arts in their 40s who's trying to protect their face.

There was definitely a moment a few months into the training where I just felt it land in my body in a way. I remember when it clicked in where I really felt grounded in her and some of the stuff started feeling more familiar and seamless. That's when I really felt like I locked into Ahsoka.

- - - Updated - - -

Mary Elizabeth Winstead on bringing Hera from animated Rebels to live-action Ahsoka.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...143000635.html
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000613502409
    Dalton Ross - Fri, May 19, 2023 at 10:30 AM EDT·3 min read

It's fair to assume that Mary Elizabeth Winstead has never played a green alien with giant appendages called lekku protruding from her skull before. But slipping into such a role for an upcoming Star Wars series was not quite as foreign as it might have been had Winstead not had a wealth of material on the character to help guide her journey.

Winstead will be playing Hera Syndulla, the Twi'lek resistance leader turned general, when Ahsoka premieres this August on Disney+, but the character already has a deep history from having been a main element of the animated series Star Wars Rebels. For four seasons, fans watched the Ghost crew fight as insurgents on the Imperial-occupied planet of Lothal and beyond, with Hera as the team's steadying influence and respected captain. She also was at the heart of a Rebels love story, eventually having a son with slain Jedi Kanan Jarrus.

For Winstead — who recently joined costars Rosario Dawson and Natasha Liu Bordizzo on EW's Dagobah Dispatch podcast — having that established background on the ace pilot and military leader was key as she brought the character to life in live action.

"Having a character who's already existed and has such a rich history on something like Rebels, as an actor, it's incredible," Winstead told Dagobah Dispatch. "Because sometimes we're tasked with creating our own backstories or trying to flesh out a character that doesn't really have that much on the page. And so to play a character that has season after season of storylines and complex histories with everyone in their life and relationships and experiences was really something I've never experienced quite like that."

It was a resource Winstead took advantage of throughout filming on Ahsoka. "To have Rebels to refer to, and to have [Rebels and Ahsoka creator Dave Filoni] to speak to about it every day on set, was a real luxury for sure."

So who is the Hera viewers will meet on Ahsoka, and is she any different from the one we saw on Rebels? "I see Hera as an incredibly strong but complicated person," Winstead sats. "She is very maternal, but also she's this leader of this crew. And as we see, she continues and becomes a general. And so she's leading quite a lot of people and she's become something of a legend in her own right."

But Winstead is also careful to point out how that military leadership and expertise are just one facet of the character. "She's also very soft and warm, and people come to her for advice and solace and comfort," Winstead explains. "Seeing those things combined is very unusual, and something that I really wanted to play on screen, because that's such a aspirational thing, I think, as a woman — or just a person — to be able to be all of those things in one."

However, that doesn't mean Hera doesn't have any flaws or is not subject to the occasional mistake, says the woman playing her: "She's certainly not perfect, but she does have all of those qualities that make her somebody that you can really look up to in a way. And I like to try to be that on film. I don't know that I quite live up to it in reality, but it's someone to try and try and reach for."

And that reaching will begin this August.

10+ Year Old Account
    We either need a star Wars Universe Megathread or a star wars fandom sub forum cos there is way too much star wars on this 'Cinema / TV Shows / Music / Books' section.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

5+ Year Old Account
    But that would be 99.9% complaining about the sequel trilogy n any information would be buried under the avalanche..

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry, that 99% complaining happens in almost every thread in this particular sub forum.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Don't worry, that 99% complaining happens in almost every thread in this particular sub forum.
    make the subforum, create a thread "Why sequel trilogy suxx", allow such comments with free reign ONLY on that thread.

fixt.
    /spit@Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Ray Stevenson - the actor who voiced Gar Saxon in Clone Wars and Baylon Skoll (new character, man with the lightsaber) in the series has passed away.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

5+ Year Old Account
    Wtf...and no reason is given either..

- - - Updated - - -

final interview..

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Wtf...and no reason is given either..

- - - Updated - - -

final interview..

Rumor is a massive stroke, like Jammie Foxx almost died from.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

5+ Year Old Account
    Was it "final interview"? Did search on his name n like 10 videos that claim they had final interview

5+ Year Old Account
    New pics

Is that the inquisitor that supposedly fell to his death when he fought Kanan?

Ahsoka Is ‘A Wanderer’ At The Start Of Her Series, Says Dave Filoni: ‘She Walks A Path That Died Out A Long Time Ago’ – Exclusive Image

https://www.empireonline.com/tv/news...clusive-image/
    By Ben Travis | Posted On 03 06 2023

It’s taken 15 years – but after all this time, Ahsoka Tano is finally ready to lead her own Star Wars series as the headline act. All those years ago, she debuted in The Clone Wars movie and its subsequent series, devised by George Lucas, along with his padawan Dave Filoni, as a teenaged apprentice to Anakin Skywalker. Since then, Ahsoka has seen her master turn to the Dark Side, rejected the doctrine of the Jedi Order, aided the Rebellion against the Empire, teamed up with the crew of the Ghost, faced off against Vader, taken a trip through the World Between Worlds – and all that before she even made her live-action debut, crossing paths with Din Djarin and Grogu in The Mandalorian, and meeting Luke Skywalker himself in The Book Of Boba Fett. Now, she’s stepping into the limelight in Ahsoka – with Filoni shepherding the most important step of her journey.

While the Ahsoka series arrives in the wake of Mando, it’s also picking up where she left off in animated form in Star Wars Rebels – reuniting her with fan-favourite characters like Sabine Wren and Hera Syndulla, themselves making the leap to live-action for the first time. And it’s with them that Ahsoka – played by Rosario Dawson – will find a new purpose. She may be handy with her pair of lightsabers, and a master of the Force, but after what happened to her former Order, Ahsoka doesn’t consider herself a Jedi. “She’s a wanderer at this point,” Filoni tells Empire, “and is in a lot of ways wary of any organisation as such because of the power that comes with it as a group.” But her wariness of institutions contributes to the loneliness of her journey. “She walks a path that basically died out a long time ago,” he explains. “And there aren’t many like her left, if any. So that’s a lonely thing. What is that life like? If you are a loner, you have a very small circle of friends. What is it like, then, when you try to open back up?”

With Ahsoka as the headline character, and several Rebels favourites becoming flesh-and-blood for the first time, the Star Wars animated series feel more vital than ever. And part of Filoni’s test is to occupy a middle-ground, with viewers who may know Ahsoka’s past adventures more closely than others. “The biggest challenge was, there’s a whole bunch of audience that know her, and a whole bunch that don’t,” he says. But there’s plenty of potential in that. “She has one foot in the Star Wars that a lot of people know because of her connection to Anakin, and yet she’s all new and can go in her own direction, in her own way. I think that makes her an interesting bridge between what came before and what’s really possible.” It’s not just whether the uninitiated will connect to it as much as Clone Wars and Rebels fans – the bigger question is, what will Ahsoka’s co-creator, George Lucas, think? “It’s almost like when you turn in a big paper at school,” laughs Filoni. “It’s like, ‘Here it is!’” Fingers crossed it makes the grade.

Read Empire’s world-exclusive Ahsoka cover story – speaking to stars Rosario Dawson, Natasha Liu Bordizzo, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Diana Lee Inosanto and the late Ray Stevenson, plus creator Dave Filoni and producer Jon Favreau – in the upcoming July 2023 issue, on sale Thursday 8 June. Become an Empire member to access the digital edition in full on launch day, or pre-order a print copy online now here. Ahsoka comes to Disney+ in August 2023.

- - - Updated - - -

Begin | Ahsoka | Disney+

Star Wars
    Jun 7, 2023

On August 23, Ahsoka starts streaming only on Disney+

5+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, yeah...if u want Disney+ resubs, you ought to show a proper, longer trailer, kinda like the latest Dune part 2 trailer did..
    telling people who hadn't read the book that part 2 would be badass is difficult to do, you need them to see a convincing trailer...

it's less than two months left, the show looks like its a movie in cinematography...so they should want people to watch it..
    I hope this little video is the start of a campaign..

They need to show Thrawn, hear him speak, feel his presence, what kind of villain he is..

Journey To Ahsoka | Disney+

Star Wars
    Jul 10, 2023 10 minutes ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpBJu52aZec

Witness Rosario Dawson’s journey to becoming Ahsoka.

Ahsoka, a Star Wars Original series, is streaming August 23 on Disney+.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope this one will be gud

Ahsoka | Official Trailer | Disney+

Star Wars
    Jul 11, 2023 8 minutes ago

Once a rebel, always a rebel.

Watch the brand-new trailer and experience the two-episode series premiere of Ahsoka, a Star Wars Original series, streaming August 23 on Disney+

Yeah, yeah...if u want Disney+ resubs, you ought to show a proper, longer trailer, kinda like the latest Dune part 2 trailer did..
    telling people who hadn't read the book that part 2 would be badass is difficult to do, you need them to see a convincing trailer...

it's less than two months left, the show looks like its a movie in cinematography...so they should want people to watch it..
    I hope this little video is the start of a campaign..

They need to show Thrawn, hear him speak, feel his presence, what kind of villain he is..

Journey To Ahsoka | Disney+

Star Wars
    Jul 10, 2023 10 minutes ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpBJu52aZec

Witness Rosario Dawson’s journey to becoming Ahsoka.

Ahsoka, a Star Wars Original series, is streaming August 23 on Disney+.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope this one will be gud

Ahsoka | Official Trailer | Disney+

Star Wars
    Jul 11, 2023 8 minutes ago

Once a rebel, always a rebel.

Watch the brand-new trailer and experience the two-episode series premiere of Ahsoka, a Star Wars Original series, streaming August 23 on Disney+
    Meh. Can't say I'm really excited for this. Not enough to resubscribe for it. Dusney burned what good will I had toward the SW franchise.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

5+ Year Old Account
    They should have let Thrawn speak...that is a big unsettling part of the character...his voice in sw Rebels.. I doubt this show will do good, even if it's great, disney is run by imbeciles when it comes to marketing now... I heard hbo max surpassed them, n hbo isn't doing that great either lately..

I predict this will go the way of Andor, good show, few will see it..

You can't create hype around a character that doesn't even get to speak...

Also, he looks weird, like a blue rubber version of Data from Star Trek...
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2023-07-11 at 06:02 PM.

Also, he looks weird, like a blue rubber version of Data from Star Trek...
    Yeah, not too happy with that design. The pinhole eyes really kind of don't do it for me. Should have just gone with solid red.

I'm not all that excited for this. It looks OKAY, but only okay. Maybe I'll pick it up once enough stuff accumulates on D+ to warrant a month of binging, idk.

Do we have an official life action look for Thrawn yet? all I find is art and photoshops of the actor.

5+ Year Old Account
    The trailer a few posts above u

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Do we have an official life action look for Thrawn yet? all I find is art and photoshops of the actor.
    Yeah since the release of the trailer I've seen several "still shots" of Thrawn making the rounds on various sites. So yeah, you can see real screen shots now.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

The trailer a few posts above u
    I saw after I posted it. For some reason it wouldn't let me delete my post.

You can't create hype around a character that doesn't even get to speak...
    Or alternatively don't put him in the trailers at all. Surprises are fun.

You build hype around the main character. If that's not good enough why are you even bothering making the show in the first place.