Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Where is the Alliance characters?

We got quite alot of Horde characters taking the main stage in the mainstory here so why not a single alliance one?

You would think this is a good opportunity for Anduin and Wrathion to have a close story?

Or the Titan watchers Turalyon and Lady Liadrin etc.....

It would be nice with some kind of balance.

I don't think horde or alliance really have any focus this expansion to be honest.

Also: Tyrande and Malfurion.

On top of my head i cannot really think of any horde characters that had anything to do for now.

It's dragons. Thats it. All the others will come back with stuff to do in 11.0 with the light/void stuff.

Which Horde characters have a spotlight right now?

And that is quite odd statement. Horde characters was absent from BfA finale. Remember when we "save" Baine and he gone AFK entire expansion? Or Thrall meet his mom only to stand there in silence.
    And when Bolvar (Alliance character with Stormwind tabard), Anduin and Tyrande runs across SL?
    Or right now we have story not about Green Dragonflight in their zone (much of it now about some centaurs for some reason) but about Night Elves, Tyrande and her seed.
    Yes, continuation of NE story is good thing, but other then them? We have raging Baine (lol, that cow can be angry, and even then he failed and was saved by centaur lady) and another killed offscreen Horde character.
    So yes, "It would be nice with some kind of balance"

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Which Horde characters have a spotlight right now?
    He might be talking about Baine and Ebyssian, but Baine only shows up in an hour long sidequestline that amounts to nothing, and Ebyssian is only vaguely associated with the Horde due to having advised the Highmountain Tauren.

There was a time when this complaint could be made, but this isn't it.

Don't worry, some of them will get some arbitrary amount of spotlight in 11.0, when Geya'rah will forcefully take over the Horde Council and begin another world war to burn the Alliance cities to the ground (as she stated she would in BfA).

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    We got quite alot of Horde characters taking the main stage in the mainstory here so why not a single alliance one?

You would think this is a good opportunity for Anduin and Wrathion to have a close story?

What... are you even talking about?
    Twas brillig

Care to elaborate?

Like many have already pointed out, which horde characters? Since there is "quite a lot" of them, name a few?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Exactly which horde characters are you referring to? The main characters so far in DF have been Dragons and Dracthyr, not allied to any faction. We had a brief questline with Baine dealing with Centaurs, and another questline with Tyrande and Malfurion. I don't recall any other faction leaders, or anyone of a faction, making a huge impact on the story other than those 3.

horde first, alliance second.

its been like that for....a long long time.

Allied races, story focus, racials etc etc.

i would like balance 2. but after no reaction on racials for years on end, doing those horrible lightbulb space goats, super emo elves and fat humans. i doubt we will ever see it.

Just look at allied races. Horde got all different races who are really different and where on their wishlist. Un corrupted , completly differet tribes. Only cows are the same pretty much.

Alliance got:
    - fat humans not a new race. just BIGGGEERRRR < wotlk refference . hell they where even lazy with the druid forms. they just took a legion artifact form and went with that.
    - void elves, lightforged: 2 races. Proven both in the same patch they came . That they are not races. Because wild life and other races also had the same abilities
    - mechagnomes are just gnomes with replaced body parts.

no wildhammer dwarfs ( dark irons are cool), no highborne, High elves, real kul tirans, no vry'kul, no broken .

But to really answer:
    - night elves: both are in the afterlife
    - human: also in the afterlive. replacement is going to go mad....we have know this for ages. So for a weak civil war vs 4.0 after horde did it a couple of time. The other humanoid is undead now and serves the forsaken.
    - worgen: will help the above
    - gnomes and mechagnomes barely matter
    - same goes for the dwarfs

think they either out of commision or not used before and will not use again.
    And with all the cross faction stuff i think it will never happen.

we are the alliance. we have races with space ships with death star lasers, races who can create portals at a whim to teleport troops, mechanized warfare beyond goblin tech, mole machines and we still lost to sillyvanas....like if that is not a clue alliance is, was and will never be allowed to get something, win something .

5+ Year Old Account
    Alliance characters must feel quite disoriented and uneasy now that Saint Anduin isn't there to show them the true way.

Now, if you mean in-game appearances, there is a questline featuring Tyrande and her hubby, and another featuring Baine Failhoof. Looks quite balanced, if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Alliance characters must feel quite disoriented and uneasy now that Saint Anduin isn't there to show them the true way.

Now, if you mean in-game appearances, there is a questline featuring Tyrande and her hubby, and another featuring Baine Failhoof. Looks quite balanced, if you ask me.
    One thing that did bug me even as someone who likes Monster races, there being no Alliance equivalent to the dragonmaw quest felt wonky

Where's the Wildhammer or Kultiran vet from WC2 reconciling the fact that they had to defend themselves against dragons that were basically mind controlled in that war?

That they lost friends and family to fire breathing monsters that weren't actually monsters?

There's some good stuff to dig into there
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Don't worry, some of them will get some arbitrary amount of spotlight in 11.0, when Geya'rah will forcefully take over the Horde Council and begin another world war to burn the Alliance cities to the ground (as she stated she would in BfA).
    Pretty sure though Alleria will be poster girl for next expansion. Everything is teasing a Legion 2.0 but Void
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Pretty sure though Alleria will be poster girl for next expansion. Everything is teasing a Legion 2.0 but Void
    Alleria is not popular enough to be "Poster girl".

Most players ignore the Void elves storywise simply because they are too original and out-of-the-box to understand. It's easier to focus on the normal elves and humans that everyone knows.

Yrel and Calia will be poster girls of 11.0 simply because Draenei and Undead are more popular than Void elves. Obviously this doesn't make them better-written.

Unfortunately Alleria and the Ren'dorei lacks the sheer amount of love that Blizzard is willing to give to other races so their chance to be in the spotlight is slim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where are horde characters ? I just see dragons everywhere constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Most players ignore the Void elves storywise simply because they are too original and out-of-the-box to understand. It's easier to focus on the normal elves and humans that everyone knows.
    To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand void elves.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The Rick & Morty of WoW-races.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post

I really, really wonder why Anduin is bugging these horde fanboys so much, it's like the Republicans obsessing over Hillary.

It's just a character that tries to do well, I realize that feels weird to people used to only thinking of themselves but the hordies had Green Jesus dominating 10 years of storytelling it's not like having a focus on one character is weird in WOW and compared to him Anduin was hardly featuring really.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Because of the tentacle jokes?