Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Yep, it's their spirits.
    https://twitter.com/Portergauge/stat...204800/photo/1

Kalec and co. want to lay Maly and Sindi to rest.
    So looks like the Dragonwrath legendary doesn't really bring about anything special? That blows. I had high hopes that having it would do something this expansion. What a missed opportunity.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    The less we agonize over the minutiae of Shadowlands lore, the better. I'm all for introducing a little mystery back into death in the WarCraft universe.
    Well ya I’m all for throwing shadowlands in the trash where it belongs, it would just be nice if blizzard actually made an effort to do so officially instead of just leaving us with the questions of how this stuff is suppose to fit with it.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utsuko View Post
    Or they just prepare the dragon mounts for the event and nothing else.

I still think dragonriding is limited by its own design and it wouldn't integrate cohesively with the rest of the game. The limited event seems a good compromise.
    So, you are saying they added a bunch of animations to 89 different mount models, added 200 differents achievements for Courses in every zone across Kalimdor and EK, and implement spells for enabling one flight style or the other so they can... prepare for a single course, for a temporary event using a singular mount?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    So, you are saying they added a bunch of animations to 89 different mount models, added 200 differents achievements for Courses in every zone across Kalimdor and EK, and implement spells for enabling one flight style or the other so they can... prepare for a single course, for a temporary event using a singular mount?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    As the Riders of Azeroth are still learning about dragonriding, you’ll use standard flight between races.
    This also implies it'll be expanded upon in the future. I'm expecting a Eastern Kingdoms Cup in a future patch (most achievements/races are already in, so maybe even during 10.1.5 or 10.1.7), with the dynamic/static flying system being implemented afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    How is Dragonriding being added in any way killing the world Revamp dream? Isn't it just as likely it proves it is happening given it shows the developers are working on the old continents to make Dragonriding possible?
    I think the feeling comes from the fact that Dragonriding in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms could've been sold as an expansion feature:

With that said, I'm still going to fight for it!

The lore and the game as a whole desperately need some homeland racial development.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Well ya I’m all for throwing shadowlands in the trash where it belongs, it would just be nice if blizzard actually made an effort to do so officially instead of just leaving us with the questions of how this stuff is suppose to fit with it.
    We'd never get a statement. We'll just get additions like this that deal with the afterlife without giving Shadowlands a second thought. Which is how retconning should be done - in bits and pieces, not a grandiose announcement.

It still amazes me how nearly nobody cares or is excited about what Jailer said in the last cinematic. The expansion was so lame that people rejected everything, even the giant thread the Jailer opened.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t know Uther went through a whole ritual and sylvanas had hers put back by the jailer him self, doesn’t really seem like they seek out/fuse naturally.
    She was just ressed into Undeath, Frostmourne didn't really touch her in the same way Uther and Sylvanas were.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

OK Malygos' Visage is IT. I want that mog yesterday. I am hard for that cape.

Yes. This would allow everyone to use any dragon in their collection for the event.
    Not exactly.
    Originally Posted by https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-kalimdor-cup/449846
    You’ll ride a special mount exclusively during these races.

Saw a post on reddit that brought up a good point, if the next patch involves the Emerald Dream, that sure would be a patch to introduce Druids to a number of races.

Yes. This would allow everyone to use any dragon in their collection for the event.
    Anyway they are exactly the same animations, they are just extended to the old models which are modeled on them.
    Probably, yeah, but that amount of work isn't worth it for just a shortlived event, so Dragonriding being expanded to be generally available in the old world definitely seems to be on their list, especially with the Riders of Azeroth apparently being the canonical way they're going about that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Anyway they are exactly the same animations, they are just extended to the old models which are modeled on them.
    But it doesn't allow everyone to use any of those dragons for the event, because, as we established, the event only uses 1 special mount.
    And you ignored the 255 different racing course achievements, as well as the spell that literally lets you enable a flying style or the other.

And the point is that those mounts didn't have those animations previously, now they do, so they made the effort to expand them onto them.
    And i doubt they'd go through all the effort for a temporary event.

Anyway, this is the last thing i'll post regarding this as to not start another circlejerk.
    But to insist they are not working on expanding DR to the other continents in the future is just laughable.

Formerly known as Arafal

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    She was just ressed into Undeath, Frostmourne didn't really touch her in the same way Uther and Sylvanas were.
    I mean we see the Frostmourne glow before he plunges it into her under the ice, like sure it didn’t kill her but for a sword that “scars the spirit, as it does flesh” being directly raised by it one would think would have the same effect.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

I hadn't thought of that but yes! it seems obvious...
    Omg we will finally be able to play a druid gnome! ;D
    Yeah honestly seeing the post I was like "...huh, that does make sense doesn't it?"

I'd love to see what a draenei druid may end up looking like, form-wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    It still amazes me how nearly nobody cares or is excited about what Jailer said in the last cinematic. The expansion was so lame that people rejected everything, even the giant thread the Jailer opened.
    Mystery boxes aren't exciting. By definition, they are introduced with no connective narrative tissue and you can never tell when it will be opened nor what it will contain. They exist to substitute shock value for story. They are entirely without substance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean we see the Frostmourne glow before he plunges it into her under the ice, like sure it didn’t kill her but for a sword that “scars the spirit, as it does flesh” being directly raised by it one would think would have the same effect.
    That is a big reach to try and argue Sindragosa is affected the same way as Uther and Sylvanas. With all due respect that is.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2023-05-23 at 07:43 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I don't know. I find that a limited event is well understood because dragonriding raises some issues. If they allow dragonriding permanently, what about all the other mounts that don't share the same skeleton or don't have wings/don't use gravity? I'm thinking of insects, flying machines, water rabbits, and any other magical mount.

What's the point of flying with your favorite mount in slow mode if you can take your dragon and fly fast?
    That's something they'll have to figure out/explain properly as they continue to work towards implementing it more widely, it's a similar logic to ground mounts not being able to used for flying, in my book. It's an entirely different mode of flying, not a simple slow vs. fast. Mounts that aren't remotely aerodynamic just shouldn't allow dragonriding, but I'm sure there are different opinions on that. Either way I don't think that's enough reason to not allow dragonriding in the old world.

We'll see what they end up doing, not sure it's worth speculating further than we already have at this point until more becomes available on PTR.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Saw a post on reddit that brought up a good point, if the next patch involves the Emerald Dream, that sure would be a patch to introduce Druids to a number of races.
    Can't wait to finally be able to play an Undead Druid! They should've been a thing since SL.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

My question is why it's a single dragon type for everyone in the cups, and not everyone being able to use the existing dragonriding mounts.

Is it some way of future proofing? Letting lower level players do the races, or players that don't do Dragonflight in the future?