Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm okay with the addition of the WoW token, but only makes my disagreement with the exclusion of RDF stronger. RDF was not the problem. It being cross server was the problem.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    *Grabs Popcorn*

Who wants some?
    oooh yes please

10+ Year Old Account
    Duck and cover, people.

im just curious as to the price of it in pounds and euros

15+ Year Old Account
    How does it change anything if people bought gold even in SoM, lol...

And this is how Classic dies... to thunderous applause.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

aaaaaaaaand it's gone.

Gold buying has been in the MMO scene ever since runescape and everquest, this is nothing odd but it tips the scale towards botting not being worth it as one rather buy legit gold than risk getting banned obviously. anyone saying this is the end of the game has clearly had their head hit abit to hard today. gdkp was mainly popularized by x countries selling gold as it was a higher income than high educational work in their region. now this stops this shady botting/boosting/exploiting loophole, its good.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Well, that's the end of Wrath Classic's legitimacy. Now just another p2w shitfest. What an embarrassment of a company.
    Sure let's pretend GDKP and various boosts don't exist and people don't buy gold from 3rd parties.
    Still .. lolololololololololololololololololololol

Hey, I got a great idea...I see that retail WoW is dying fast and Classic only exists because people wanted an uncorrupted game without stupid things like WoW token....lets put WoW token into Classic.

Thanks Blizzard, for saving a lot of people money by driving them back to private servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Sure let's pretend GDKP and various boosts don't exist and people don't buy gold from 3rd parties.
    Still .. lolololololololololololololololololololol
    Sure let's pretend that Blizzard isn't gonna be influenced to change the design of the game to get people to buy more WoW tokens, lololololololololololololololololol.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Hey, I got a great idea...I see that retail WoW is dying fast and Classic only exists because people wanted an uncorrupted game without stupid things like WoW token....lets put WoW token into Classic.

Thanks Blizzard, for saving a lot of people money by driving them back to private servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure let's pretend that Blizzard isn't gonna be influenced to change the design of the game to get people to buy more WoW tokens, lololololololololololololololololol.
    The funny part is they don't even have to. Shadowmourne and GDKPs waiting just around the corner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard really is full schizo mode these days. First they act like Wrath is going to be a more pure version of the expansion by removing LFG and now they add the token. lol

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    The funny part is they don't even have to. Shadowmourne and GDKPs waiting just around the corner.
    I said this earlier but the high value items will likely remain out of reach for anyone who's just buying gold via Tokens because RMT gold still sells at a better rate and can be bought in nearly unlimited supply.

That's arguably the nastiest part of WoW Tokens in Classic, someone could buy a bunch of WoW Tokens, enter a GDKP hoping to buy a high value items, then either get outbid by someone with a larger wallet or upbid by someone to maximize the payout.

GDKP's are a nasty business, because you have people behind it that literally make their living by maximizing the payout.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Same reasoning as originally: a lot of people WANT to buy gold and are already doing it, only via shady websites run by borderline or actual criminals. This at least makes it safer and better regulated.
    No, it makes Blizzard money directly.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    No, it makes Blizzard money directly.
    It does both. Blizzard dislikes when entire markets pop up inside of their game without them getting a cut. And really, can you blame them?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how people are crying over something that is so normal in gaming world for ages now only because it's WoW and people are stuck in their 2004 mindset that they get upset..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Blizzard really is full schizo mode these days. First they act like Wrath is going to be a more pure version of the expansion by removing LFG and now they add the token. lol
    this. "LFG WILL BURN THE IMMERSION" "WE WANT PURE RPG" lolz. This is beautiful. Anyway LFG doesnt give em money. Oh wait prob some not playin it becasue no LFG... Thats another shotgun right into their moral knee if there is it any.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I like how people are crying over something that is so normal in gaming world for ages now only because it's WoW and people are stuck in their 2004 mindset that they get upset..
    Yes and no lol. They said NO LFG and now give us a gold token. Thats just hipocricy

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    It does both. Blizzard dislikes when entire markets pop up inside of their game without them getting a cut. And really, can you blame them?
    Indeed. I was aware of gold-buying services as far back as... eh.. Burning Crusade when it was out originally. I knew people bought gold all the time. I was perpetually poor, but I didn't see the point to paying a gold farmer from another country so I stayed perpetually poor in those days.

I don't see a problem with Blizzard doing this. Players are already benefiting from this in a black market sense. This will reduce the safety concerns inherent with buying from a shady dealer.

The issue becomes "oh, but anyone can do this now". Which is trounced by the fact that "anyone" could do it before, now it's just approved.

7+ Year Old Account
    damn guess classic is now pay to win poor people wanting the old experience but get majorly fucked by blizz greed

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Your kind are the reason why we are in this situation with the gaming world to begin with... you wait a few years after a terrible feature is added and then start spouting "oh but its normal now so its ok".

It will never be ok, you are enabling them to keep doing these bad decisions by defending them.