Poll: Favorite class

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Played the shit out of necro in alpha, got to a decently high level (around 75), not looking to do that again in release. Probably going to go with a druid as well, since I am interested in shapeshifting gameplay.

Will likely hate it and reroll sorc after a couple of days.

@op we know what you mean but please rename Wizard in Sorcerer and most of all Warrior in Barbarian, Barb has very little of the typical warrior play style (no shield play at all for example).

10+ Year Old Account
    Barb and rogue are my favorite classes. But I willl main a wizard at start and for the first season.
    They just seem to have the best quality of life at the moment. It's summer time, and I just want to spin-to-win after playing outside.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    One of each as always, but I typically go Necromancer to begin, unless they're unavailable at launch and then added later on behind a scummy DLC pack; in which case I pick sorc/wizard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    One of each as always, but I typically go Necromancer to begin, unless they're unavailable at launch and then added later on behind a scummy DLC pack; in which case I pick sorc/wizard.
    Necromancers are there for release. It's been known for quite some time now. Where did this idea come from?
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Necromancers are there for release. It's been known for quite some time now. Where did this idea come from?
    Yes I know lol. That was a jab at D3, where I did not play Necro first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Yes I know lol. That was a jab at D3, where I did not play Necro first.
    oh, right, got it

Necro!
    Been a huge fan of the class since like forever, so no matter what some may say, no matter nerfs or buffs, just play what you like/love and feel close to you!

Here is a tier list by Wudijo for those who haven't picked a class yet:

I'm going to stick with Rogue to do the campaign with
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

I really wish they had at least one alternate body type per class. There is an interest in playing a werewolf druid, I played that a lot in D2. However, I don't like the Druid body type at all. I hate the Necro body type as well but I will suffer through it because the class is so fun.

What an odd and limiting choice given how much of the game is cosmetic-driven.

Because I hate life, Im going to go with Barbarian. It was rough during open/early access.. But ive played it through most of the D3 seasons. so why not keep going with it.
    Last edited by babalou1; 2023-05-27 at 01:01 AM.

Barbarian, for I have a need to smash every last living demon alive.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I really wish they had at least one alternate body type per class. There is an interest in playing a werewolf druid, I played that a lot in D2. However, I don't like the Druid body type at all. I hate the Necro body type as well but I will suffer through it because the class is so fun.

Your choices are gear that is as impressively detailed and varied as it is, or multiple body types per class. I choose the gear models personally but I guess we're now back to applying strict physical appearance standards to video game characters, which I had hoped we'd moved past.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Your choices are gear that is as impressively detailed and varied as it is, or multiple body types per class. I choose the gear models personally but I guess we're now back to applying strict physical appearance standards to video game characters, which I had hoped we'd moved past.
    Well, that doesn't really make sense. If one was interested in the fantasy of dressing their character as they please, it would also be reasonable to assume they also enjoy the fantasy of how their body type or posture appears as well. Or, character creators wouldn't even exist as an option.

They can have detailed character models and clothing options. It's not an either/or thing. Money and time are the actual metrics for that in a game. Blizzard has money, that buys them time.

I'd guess that the point is partly to give a class a specific silhouette and visual identity. The fact that the barbarian is jacked af, the sorc is conventionally attractive, and the necro is corpse-like all inform their character and the fantasy of the classes.

I do think making the druid so chunky they look almost as wide as they're tall was a bit much on that front, but the necromancer being rail-thin entirely makes sense and looks cool to me. And as someone else said it likely makes it easier to design armor for that one body type.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Well, that doesn't really make sense. If one was interested in the fantasy of dressing their character as they please, it would also be reasonable to assume they also enjoy the fantasy of how their body type or posture appears as well. Or, character creators wouldn't even exist as an option.

They can have detailed character models and clothing options. It's not an either/or thing. Money and time are the actual metrics for that in a game. Blizzard has money, that buys them time.
    No, not really (to everything you've said).

No, I'm not really interested in my character's body shape or posture at all, but I do like my items to look varied and impressive. I don't care at all that the classes in PoE are both sex- and appearance-locked, but I do care that I can buy MTX that looks fantastic to put on top of it.

No, money doesn't really buy them time. You can't just throw more artists/animators/whatever at a problem and expect infinitely scaling output, even if you did have infinite money (which they don't). You also need to consider the tradeoff - does adding more "body types" per individual class earn you more money than it costs, considering the downstream effects like having to design every single piece of armour for skinny barb/necro/sorc/druid/rogue/dlc1/dlc2, skinny-fat barb/necro/sorc/druid/rogue/dlc1/dlc2, midsize barb/necro/sorc/druid/rogue/dlc1/dlc2, etc etc instead of literally just barb/necro/sorc/druid/rogue/dlc1/dlc2? Almost certainly the answer is no, because the fact is that most people who play this game long term will spend less than 15 minutes caring about what their character looks like and 1500 hours looking at the animation for Whirlwind.

tl;dr It's an ARPG, not the Sims.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue or necro to start with
    If they add monk I’d hard switch to that.

I like how D4 does their customization.
    I think geared tailored to a particular character or type has much more quality and works much better.
    Same as when it comes to clothing in real life. It allows them to create better looking gear which wouldn't be at this quality if they now had to make cosmetics fit multiple types and shapes.

Same as when it comes to the "limited" customization of the character itself. I prefer the well-made presets than an abundance of low quality stuff.
    I'm not that into customization overall though, so I expect people who value it more won't agree with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    No, not really (to everything you've said).

No, I'm not really interested in my character's body shape or posture at all, but I do like my items to look varied and impressive. I don't care at all that the classes in PoE are both sex- and appearance-locked, but I do care that I can buy MTX that looks fantastic to put on top of it.

No, money doesn't really buy them time. You can't just throw more artists/animators/whatever at a problem and expect infinitely scaling output, even if you did have infinite money (which they don't). You also need to consider the tradeoff - does adding more "body types" per individual class earn you more money than it costs, considering the downstream effects like having to design every single piece of armour for skinny barb/necro/sorc/druid/rogue/dlc1/dlc2, skinny-fat barb/necro/sorc/druid/rogue/dlc1/dlc2, midsize barb/necro/sorc/druid/rogue/dlc1/dlc2, etc etc instead of literally just barb/necro/sorc/druid/rogue/dlc1/dlc2? Almost certainly the answer is no, because the fact is that most people who play this game long term will spend less than 15 minutes caring about what their character looks like and 1500 hours looking at the animation for Whirlwind.

tl;dr It's an ARPG, not the Sims.
    lol you're right. Maybe they should include a slider everytime you log in ! Make it a real choice !
    "In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be"

End of quote. Repeat the line.