Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    So yeah, exactly. It's such a shame that Blizzard would rather say "oh we try so hard to ban bots but it's a never ending arms race" when bots are -more obvious than ever before-. The only investment on their end would be having a few hourly minimum wage guys to patrol the world, respond to reports, find the hotspots, and just ban every single day. Then if they want to automate it, just write up a few scripts/flags of the things these bots keep doing and just follow them as they move to a new location. Again, it's not like they can break an economy in one day; Blizzard lets it go on for weeks and months and then pretend they're on the frontlines of Bakhmut, lmao.

But they don't want to do that because it would lose them so much money, apparently. *shrug* They benefit from these bots more than anyone.
    More humans could have staved the inevitable at least until the end of WotLK -- that much I agree with. But I doubt Blizzard is all-too-jazzed to hire people whose sole job description is "guy who watches bots." That's a terrible waste of human labor. They'd likely have them working multiple things at once (answering other tickets, responding to e-mails, etc) and the more that their job description strays from the oh-so-important task of ensuring people aren't bots, the less effective such a position becomes.

There are ways to combat botting -- but outside of the traditional methods that Blizzard is assuredly already employing, I think we'd be talking about kernel-level changes to the game. This is would have had to have been done before they launched Vanilla Classic. They were more concerned with getting the product released than they were preventing bots. They also could have launched it with the token already there but they already explained why they didn't in the post. The sad reality is that the token in a world where botting is possible is an inevitability.

These faux apologetics they push out are always amusing. I'm not really sure what their purpose is. The average player can see right through the bullshit. It almost always makes them look worse than just saying nothing at all. And shills, well they were willing to protect their findom corporate mommies/daddies anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    These faux apologetics they push out are always amusing. I'm not really sure what their purpose is. The average player can see right through the bullshit. It almost always makes them look worse than just saying nothing at all. And shills, well they were willing to protect their findom corporate mommies/daddies anyway.
    Ah yes, the truly enlightened gamers who possess the unique ability to look at any situation and automatically assume the most cynical, baseless reason anything ever happens is the real reason it happens. If only everybody could be more like you guys, reacting purely on emotion instead of using reasoned critical thinking. Wait -- did I say critical thinking? Fuck, there I go shilling for Blizzard again.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Ah yes, the truly enlightened gamers who possess the unique ability to look at any situation and automatically assume the most cynical, baseless reason anything ever happens is the real reason it happens. If only everybody could be more like you guys, reacting purely on emotion instead of using reasoned critical thinking. Wait -- did I say critical thinking? Fuck, there I go shilling for Blizzard again.
    Its not really critical thinking when certain individuals (I actually wasn't lumping you in with this behavior) are incapable of an objective stance when it comes to Blizzard and their policies. You literally see them in every thread, doing the same exact thing like a drone after the beehive gets struck. I pretty sure some of them would be defending absolute disasters like RealID if Blizzard wanted to attempt to add it again.

Ahh good ole (new blizzard)

We can't add things that were in Wrath due to our Pillars crap, but when it can make us some extra bucks (Pillars out the window).
    Cut and paste from the 3rd (a list of Pillars from some pillocks.)
    Nothing like whipping out the ole CC for some extra gold to keep you immersed.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    You can already exchange tokens for b.net balance in Retail, and have been able to almost since they released it(I think it was like, 12months after token release they added the b.net balance?). The fact that it's not possible in Wrath means Blizzard specifically didn't enable it, probably because they didn't want the two games' tokens influencing each other. If you could exchange them both for b.net balance, you'd have a seesaw effect of people farming whichever game was easiest to earn token gold in, which would be detrimental to both games.
    There was a blue post (or official twitter post) previously that noted trading classic gold for retail tokens is not a bannable offense.

All blizzard did was legalize weed

There are ways to combat botting -- but outside of the traditional methods that Blizzard is assuredly already employing, I think we'd be talking about kernel-level changes to the game. This is would have had to have been done before they launched Vanilla Classic. They were more concerned with getting the product released than they were preventing bots. They also could have launched it with the token already there but they already explained why they didn't in the post. The sad reality is that the token in a world where botting is possible is an inevitability.
    The point I'm trying to make is they aren't doing these "traditional methods". From comments here and the Classic WoW Reddit -- and from my own experiences with Wrath Classic -- it's clear that bots are allowed to exist for weeks, months, even after being reported, and even after they become so blatantly obvious about it. How do entire squads of bots farm the same place for weeks? If someone was employed doing the "traditional method" of catching bots, then at most they'd be gone in two days.

The fact of the matter is, they -aren't- putting in the work to get these bots out of the game. If a normal player can log in, go to the bot hot spots and see teams and teams of bots farming for weeks, then a Blizzard employee can do it as well, any time of the day, any day of the week. They like to pretend this is an incredibly complex and complicated war they're battling, when the players can see for themselves that nothing is happening in-game for weeks at a time. Long enough for bots to get to max level and farm enough shit to harm the economy.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post

I think this comment here sums it up nicely. Blizzard just legalized their polygon weed.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Ahh good ole (new blizzard)

We can't add things that were in Wrath due to our Pillars crap, but when it can make us some extra bucks (Pillars out the window).
    Cut and paste from the 3rd (a list of Pillars from some pillocks.)

Nothing like whipping out the ole CC for some extra gold to keep you immersed.
    LFG tool does not fit community.
    Token, in-game shop, bots everywhere and 30 days GM ticket replies are perfectly fine.
    You know how it works by Blizzard logic.

At the end i personally still have alot of fun by just raiding, ocasionally doing some dungeons with friends and leveling alts.
    I don't need gold, i do not join GDKP and interact almost exclusively with guildies.
    Eventually i will just leave the game (and Blizzard totally) when my guild will die probably in ICC.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    So if they ban tens of thousands of account a week, make better anti botting software and ban twice the amount instead of the cheaper way out.

Instead of suspending players, perma ban them after first offence. I am no saint and I must have gotten 3 days suspension 3 times during wow lifetime, why? Just shut down my accounts permantly if I cheat.

Their argument that gold in classic matters is true, so why are they ruining it themselves iother than making money.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    LFG tool does not fit community.
    Token, in-game shop, bots everywhere and 30 days GM ticket replies are perfectly fine.
    You know how it works by Blizzard logic.

At the end i personally still have alot of fun by just raiding, ocasionally doing some dungeons with friends and leveling alts.
    I don't need gold, i do not join GDKP and interact almost exclusively with guildies.
    Eventually i will just leave the game (and Blizzard totally) when my guild will die probably in ICC.
    I'll admit I'm a bit bitter I started at the end of classic, same day when they said they were adding BC classic, just for LK classic, but shortly the faction on the server I picked then died off (other faction was healthy so enough to not shutter the server) to the point where you would not see more than 3 people within 10 levels either way of my level, I keep going for a bit, figured all well come LK can do some dungeons via the RDF at some point (well we know how that went) so that was kinda the of it for me, seeing the token headline on here kinda gave me a good laugh after all the crap about their pillars and such.

I mean if they would stop being right for two decades less people would think that way...

You can crack down on botting it requires hiring staff. That said the whole concept of the subsription is that they have that kind of staff... Each realm should have a active gm instantly banning gold spammer accounts and bots. IF you stop making it profitable they will stop doing it. This isn't hard and blizzard wanting to milk wow for every cent shouldnt be an excuse players accept for them not doing their job.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    So, their explanation to not include LFD into wotlk classic was "to keep it as close as possible to original".
    And now they add gear vendor?
    wow token?
    "improved HC dungeons"?

(not to mention the fact that LFD WAS introduced in WOTLK).

FU.
    LFD did not come out in Wrath until ICC did. So, they are not out of line there.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    The point I'm trying to make is they aren't doing these "traditional methods". From comments here and the Classic WoW Reddit -- and from my own experiences with Wrath Classic -- it's clear that bots are allowed to exist for weeks, months, even after being reported, and even after they become so blatantly obvious about it. How do entire squads of bots farm the same place for weeks? If someone was employed doing the "traditional method" of catching bots, then at most they'd be gone in two days.

The fact of the matter is, they -aren't- putting in the work to get these bots out of the game. If a normal player can log in, go to the bot hot spots and see teams and teams of bots farming for weeks, then a Blizzard employee can do it as well, any time of the day, any day of the week. They like to pretend this is an incredibly complex and complicated war they're battling, when the players can see for themselves that nothing is happening in-game for weeks at a time. Long enough for bots to get to max level and farm enough shit to harm the economy.
    How do you know they aren't though? If they're closing almost two million accounts a year surely that means they're doing... something, right? All those bots that you see may in fact be getting banned but if there's a process there then the botters have a financial incentive to use the accounts for as much as they while they still can. No system is going to have 100% accuracy and if you're entrusting human beings to alone make those judgments surely you can accept that even human beings can make mistakes, right? False positives would become a nightmare and if botters are aware they can appeal then Blizzard is just going to get stuck wading through hundreds and thousands of appeals only to end up right back where they started.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    Nice one.
    Ya, any buzzword that's attractive in the public stock market would work.
    We have microtransactions in all their releases now.
    NFTs are coming next.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Utter bullshit.

They enabled this bs by not policing it.

The WoW token when it was originally added was also Blizzard throwing up their hands and giving up on moderating their game while also getting the benefit of more direct profits.

The straight up gaslighting of "everyone is doing it anyways" is such a ridiculous copium response I don't even know what to say. There used to be a day when people botting or buying gold would do so with the very real likelihood they'd get banned which meant most people would just avoid it anyways. If you stop moderating your game with the random posts of "yoU Don'T EveN knOw hoW MANy BOts wE aRE banNINg" and random mails about reports actually leading to actions which are generally proved to be patently false should speak to the type of company Blizzard is.

Next they're chasing the Destiny 2 model with Diablo 4. I'm excited to see how much of a dumpster fire the game will be within a week or 2 of their first season.
    They always have been policing it. You, like many others, have no understanding of how you have to prove something is a bot more than "hey look at that it's a bot". And as they said, the more they ban, the more that pop up.

You are also rewriting WoW history. NOBODY ever feared getting banned back in the day. People bought gold willingly and did not care about the consequences.

Finally, it wasn't the moderators who were taking care of the bots. that was always done the same way. YOu are just making accusations with nothing to back it up and declaring it fact.

Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    I mean if they would stop being right for two decades less people would think that way...

You can crack down on botting it requires hiring staff. That said the whole concept of the subsription is that they have that kind of staff... Each realm should have a active gm instantly banning gold spammer accounts and bots. IF you stop making it profitable they will stop doing it. This isn't hard and blizzard wanting to milk wow for every cent shouldnt be an excuse players accept for them not doing their job.
    Humans can also make mistakes and if there's even a single false positive then players will demand for there to be an appeal process. Now the botters have an easy way to slow down the bot swatting process by appealing every fucking ban. And if they deny the appeal for a legitimate character who got swatted then they have everything to lose and nothing to gain.

How do you know they aren't though? If they're closing almost two million accounts a year surely that means they're doing... something, right? All those bots that you see may in fact be getting banned but if there's a process there then the botters have a financial incentive to use the accounts for as much as they while they still can. No system is going to have 100% accuracy and if you're entrusting human beings to alone make those judgments surely you can accept that even human beings can make mistakes, right? False positives would become a nightmare and if botters are aware they can appeal then Blizzard is just going to get stuck wading through hundreds and thousands of appeals only to end up right back where they started.
    Not to mention that if one does get banned, you can get a new account and use the same toon name since that one would be available. For all anyone knows, it is actually a new bot that took the place of the old one.

- - - Updated - - -

That is a false assumption. There is still a process that has to be followed. More people isn't going to change anything because bots will always continue to pop up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolt View Post
    So if they ban tens of thousands of account a week, make better anti botting software and ban twice the amount instead of the cheaper way out.

Instead of suspending players, perma ban them after first offence. I am no saint and I must have gotten 3 days suspension 3 times during wow lifetime, why? Just shut down my accounts permantly if I cheat.

Their argument that gold in classic matters is true, so why are they ruining it themselves iother than making money.
    What do you think a ban is? You also didn't read what they said. Bots will stilll continue to pop up even after perma ban. You are naive if you think perma bans are going to stop bots.

You can crack down on botting it requires hiring staff.
    sure ...in theory
    same as existence of police force and laws should mean there will be no crimes ...in theory
    but in both cases thats VERY unrealistic