Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rNadom View Post
    There was a blue post (or official twitter post) previously that noted trading classic gold for retail tokens is not a bannable offense.
    That is gold directly, not b-net balance. That shouldn't be a bannable offense since you are using your gold made in Wrath Classic to pay for a token to use in retail. As long as you are not able to SELL a retail token in Wrath, everything is fine.

WoW Token on Gehennas EU: 9k Gold for 20€
    Goldseller websites: ~14,1k Gold for 20€

You get like ~50% more gold by buying it off RMT websites.
    If we want to be economical about it, those are not exactly competitive prices.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    LFD did not come out in Wrath until ICC did. So, they are not out of line there.
    Seeing as Wrath classic started on patch 3.3.5 and from what I understand it already has back end systems that were not in it at start they are kinda are out of line.
    RDF is not a dungeon or content but a system like the random battle ground, guild banks, barbershop, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    WoW Token on Gehennas EU: 9k Gold for 20€
    Goldseller websites: ~14,1k Gold for 20€

You get like ~50% more gold by buying it off RMT websites.
    If we want to be economical about it, those are not exactly competitive prices.
    ...because you're buying a subscription with the WoW token and gold sellers are selling the gold itself. Of course gold through gold sellers will be cheaper, it always has been. They're not 'competing' with gold sellers, they're making them less likely to be used.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    All blizzard did was legalize weed
    Not really though.

This would be more like if growing your own weed was always legal. There was a parallel economy where only weed could be exchanged for premium goods/services. Buying weed from dealer was illegal but people did it anyway. Blizzard decides they can't stop dealers and they don't want to interfere with the parallel economy so they just sell weed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Humans can also make mistakes and if there's even a single false positive then players will demand for there to be an appeal process. Now the botters have an easy way to slow down the bot swatting process by appealing every fucking ban. And if they deny the appeal for a legitimate character who got swatted then they have everything to lose and nothing to gain.
    Don't give them the benefit of the doubt. This whole" I didn't mean to RMT" is such a cope out. Just ban them and force ID for each appeal im tired of pretending the simplest solution isnt the most effective by using weird what ifs.

That is gold directly, not b-net balance. That shouldn't be a bannable offense since you are using your gold made in Wrath Classic to pay for a token to use in retail. As long as you are not able to SELL a retail token in Wrath, everything is fine.
    Not true, its stated in the WoW FAQ, trading gold across accounts is not bannable.
    So anyone can buy tokens on retail, sell it on AH, and trade the gold from retail to classic.

Bunch of classic whales already do this to avoid bans, prior to classic tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    The point I'm trying to make is they aren't doing these "traditional methods". From comments here and the Classic WoW Reddit -- and from my own experiences with Wrath Classic -- it's clear that bots are allowed to exist for weeks, months, even after being reported, and even after they become so blatantly obvious about it. How do entire squads of bots farm the same place for weeks? If someone was employed doing the "traditional method" of catching bots, then at most they'd be gone in two days.

The fact of the matter is, they -aren't- putting in the work to get these bots out of the game. If a normal player can log in, go to the bot hot spots and see teams and teams of bots farming for weeks, then a Blizzard employee can do it as well, any time of the day, any day of the week. They like to pretend this is an incredibly complex and complicated war they're battling, when the players can see for themselves that nothing is happening in-game for weeks at a time. Long enough for bots to get to max level and farm enough shit to harm the economy.
    At least the second part they explain regularly and have for almost every expansion I am aware of. They need to figure out how the bots are operating first to ban that method. If they ban the bots as the reports come in the bot maker alters the bots more and more making it harder to track and prove. When they have the info they need they then ban them in waves.

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Do people ever get banned for buying gold? i've reported multiple people before the token who spoke openly about buying gold yet they're never been banned
    You actually have to prove they bought it first. ALl you did is report them for saying they did. Well, they could come right back and say "They were joking" when they said that. Saying they do isn't proof.

- - - Updated - - -

Not true, its stated in the WoW FAQ, trading gold across accounts is not bannable.
    So anyone can buy tokens on retail, sell it on AH, and trade the gold from retail to classic.

Bunch of classic whales already do this to avoid bans, prior to classic tokens.
    Classic tokens won't work that way. They already said retail tokens will not work in classic. You are also talking about trading gold. That is much different than buying gold illegally.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    At least the second part they explain regularly and have for almost every expansion I am aware of. They need to figure out how the bots are operating first to ban that method. If they ban the bots as the reports come in the bot maker alters the bots more and more making it harder to track and prove. When they have the info they need they then ban them in waves.
    That is part of the problem, too. Personally, I'd love for Blizzard to break down exactly how they find and ban bots and how their current operation works. I would find that incredibly interesting and it would make online discussions like this a lot less susceptible to hyperbole. ("They're not doing anything," or "they're not doing enough.") But as much as I find this information interesting, the people who actually make the bots would find it invaluable. They'd essentially be giving them a roadmap of how to game the system. It's a lose-lose: They do what they've been doing and people who don't know any better accuse them of doing nothing or not doing enough; or they try to tip their hand to prove they're not complacent and they've now delivered the opposition a detailed schematic for out-maneuvering their efforts on a silver platter.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2023-05-25 at 12:54 PM.

A lot of text but it sounds easy enough:

"Too much work and not enough profit for our shareholders"

You know, the same line they used for the OW2 PVE axing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Seeing as Wrath classic started on patch 3.3.5 and from what I understand it already has back end systems that were not in it at start they are kinda are out of line.
    RDF is not a dungeon or content but a system like the random battle ground, guild banks, barbershop, etc.
    But they didn't put ICC in right away did they. The "patch 3.3.5" thing was for the state of talents, acheivement system and the like, not about content features. RDF is added when ICC is they will be right in line.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    A lot of text but it sounds easy enough:

"Too much work and not enough profit for our shareholders"

You know, the same line they used for the OW2 PVE axing.
    I guarantee they don't give a damn about profit as they are doing their jobs.

People need to stop using this as the boogey man. It's lazy and not true.

Won't believe a single word until they donate every dime of token sales to charity. This post is worse than saying nothing at all.

Classic tokens won't work that way. They already said retail tokens will not work in classic. You are also talking about trading gold. That is much different than buying gold illegally.
    Not sure where you are going with this.
    My original post stated clearly (which you quoted) regarding trading classic gold for retail tokens.

There was a blue post (or official twitter post) previously that noted trading classic gold for retail tokens is not a bannable offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    This. You can ban the account, but if you don't break the bot, they will just get a new account and continue to use it. Kind of humorous that people think banning accounts will stop bot users from using them when they will just create a new account and continue to bot as they please.

But they didn't put ICC in right away did they. The "patch 3.3.5" thing was for the state of talents, acheivement system and the like, not about content features. RDF is added when ICC is they will be right in line.
    Again the back end "systems" are 3.3.5, have they are have they not already put some "systems" in that were not released till later in the expansion (RDF is not content but a system and feature).

Not sure where you are going with this.
    My original post stated clearly (which you quoted) regarding trading classic gold for retail tokens.
    Considering how much gold it takes to get a WoW Retail token these days, hardly anyone is going to have that much to begin with, so there is no real reason for that to be bannable. The issue is retail tokens being used in classic which Blizzard has said will not happen.

"However, what we want to do..."

Is make more money. Why can't they just be honest about THAT much?

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Again the back end "systems" are 3.3.5, have they are have they not already put some "systems" in that were not released till later in the expansion (RDF is not content but a system and feature).
    So? RDF is still not in the game. As long as it isn't in the game until ICC is, they aren't out of line. Who cares what is under the hood now? This is a major stretch just to be able to bash Blizzard with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    "However, what we want to do..."

Is make more money. Why can't they just be honest about THAT much?
    SInce when is it the WOW Classic team job to make money? Their job is to make the game and keep it running. They don't care about the money end of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    Won't believe a single word until they donate every dime of token sales to charity. This post is worse than saying nothing at all.
    Why would they donate sub money to charity? You do know what those tokens are used for right? I guess you don't want them making the game anymore then.

So? RDF is still not in the game. As long as it isn't in the game until ICC is, they aren't out of line. Who cares what is under the hood now? This is a major stretch just to be able to bash Blizzard with it.

- - - Updated - - -

SInce when is it the WOW Classic team job to make money? Their job is to make the game and keep it running. They don't care about the money end of it.
    wow classic was launched at 3.3.5 systems right... and RDF is a system not a dungeon so yep out of line. (and I care what's under the hood because they prove they will release systems with the engine patch not the content patch.)
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2023-05-25 at 01:06 PM.