Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I wonder how high the token will go up in the future. How much do ppl really whale in WotLK. I feel like gold is easy enough to get in the game just doing daylies or like 300-500g hour grinds. But defiantly please no wow token in classic...Gold means a lot more there.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    I wonder how high the token will go up in the future. How much do ppl really whale in WotLK. I feel like gold is easy enough to get in the game just doing daylies or like 300-500g hour grinds. But defiantly please no wow token in classic...Gold means a lot more there.
    We'd only see retail levels of inflation if Blizzard were to add something like WoD Garrisons or Legion Order Halls to the game. Those two features pumped ungodly amounts of gold into the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    We'd only see retail levels of inflation if Blizzard were to add something like WoD Garrisons or Legion Order Halls to the game. Those two features pumped ungodly amounts of gold into the economy.
    Yep for sure, don't haft to tell me, but its funny to see how easy gold is to get in WotLK compared to even TBC, and then in vanilla I had 5k gold and I felt rich ^^ I had 400k in mop, 3.5 end of wod. The same amount of work on the AH. Funny enough Shadowlands somehow continued the inflation, or at least AH players got bigger pockets...I haven't started DF yet, but I hope I can understand professions when I get to it...But also not in a hurry sitting on 35 mil.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I'm just going to continue playing on private servers since there's some that do it way better than blizzard already and there's nothing they can do anymore if it's reverse engineered and built on their own platform. The assets are copyrighted but as long as they don't provide those they can run any servers they want as long as it's not proprietary code.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    I’m sure it’s that easy.
    It is. Blizzard is just fucking lazy and that is apparent in everything they do or dont do in classic. They never fix any bugs, it took them like 4 months to fix the dismount bug in coldarra and over a month to fix the bug in Ulduar where your vehicles are spinning and you still cant convert stacks of badges. HOW? Everybody wants LFD but its not coming because the single classic developer is busy implementing the token.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    LOL you think those botters will simply quit? Nope, they will get a new account and continue doing it not to mention you did nothing about the bot software itself. You are beyond naive if you think it is that simple.
    Murder and selling drugs is never going to stop. I guess we just dont do anything about it then LOL.

This is a good change. Now what would really stick it to GDKP/RMT is to make all classic raid and dungeon drops PERSONAL LOOT. That would curtail a lot of the nonsense and toll the death knell of the whole disgusting RMT-funded GDKP scene.

Not to mention it would eliminate much of the multi-layered toxicity and frustration surrounding loot distribution.
    Last edited by Dinousek; 2023-05-25 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinousek View Post
    This is a good change. Now what would really stick it to GDKP/RMT is to make all classic raid and dungeon drops PERSONAL LOOT. That would curtail a lot of the nonsense and toll the death knell of the whole disgusting RMT-funded GDKP scene.

Not to mention it would eliminate much of the multi-layered toxicity and frustration surrounding loot distribution.
    How do you figure? You had that in Legion and BfA and it was full of M+ and raid boosting.
    It's merely a shift from bidding on items to paying for a carry and hoping you get lucky.

I don't raid M+ or Mythic, and neither does the majority of Wow players. Personal Loot literally removes GDKP and other toxic loot systems as the main loot distribution path, so it is better for ME and for most average players.

By the way, it takes a special sort of birdbrain to pay for a 'carry' and hope for getting lucky on a personal loot drop, or even just to pay for a carry for anything. It's weird behaviour and I don't have the numbers, but my guess is it is done by a small portion of players.

By the way this is discussing Wow Classic, so not sure why you brought up Mythic or M+, neither of which exist in Classic. Not to say they may not be added later or in a seasonal sense.
    Last edited by Dinousek; 2023-05-25 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    How do you figure? You had that in Legion and BfA and it was full of M+ and raid boosting.
    It's merely a shift from bidding on items to paying for a carry and hoping you get lucky.
    It would kill GDKP which is I guess all that guy wants to see dead.

I mean anyone that thought this day would never come probably has a really good cope dealer. What surprised me was how it just poof up randomly on a re-set. A patch is less than a month away.. could have softened the blow by discussing and then adding it then like these things traditionally roll out. It is also very odd that it cannot be converted into b.net bucks or whatever they call them. Probably just the ability to buy diablo 4 with it would have flushed a ton of gold out of the 1% economy and into the more normal mans hands.. and hell.. probably make more money since you would have to buy.. 4ish maybe 5 tokens to convert over.. but looking beyond that the whole thing just has very little value to most players. RMT is still cheaper and probably delivers faster while also being able to target the amount you want much more precisely. The value of trading in raw gold for tokens is EXTEMELY marginal for those with the coin. Over all just doesn't seem like a really long term solution. I have no doubt it will surge here at the start because omg I can buy gold legal now so the strugglers will get off struggle island. Also, no doubt some people will think they CAN buy things like diablo 4 with it and to their surprise find out no they cannot. At the end of the day it feels like a very short term cash grab. Unless they add value to people buying coins its probably all it ever will be. Granted a sucker is born every day and this will net them more profits without a doubt.. but.. I think if they did it right it could have ended up a lot more. Reeks of a desperate roll out on some sort of knee jerk.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I'm just going to continue playing on private servers since there's some that do it way better than blizzard already and there's nothing they can do anymore if it's reverse engineered and built on their own platform. The assets are copyrighted but as long as they don't provide those they can run any servers they want as long as it's not proprietary code.
    Aren't private servers known for way more p2w mechanics? I can remember a lot of drama with people paying the server owners for some benefits.

Regarding the token, Blizzard doesn't give a damn what the player base thinks or to make the game better for them, if they would then they could have found a solution for the bot problem a long time ago in 2019 at classic launch, the token is just a symptom of many.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    It is. Blizzard is just fucking lazy and that is apparent in everything they do or dont do in classic. They never fix any bugs, it took them like 4 months to fix the dismount bug in coldarra and over a month to fix the bug in Ulduar where your vehicles are spinning and you still cant convert stacks of badges. HOW? Everybody wants LFD but its not coming because the single classic developer is busy implementing the token.

Murder and selling drugs is never going to stop. I guess we just dont do anything about it then LOL.
    Aight bet. Make your own mmo and feel the struggle.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Then keep doing it. As soon as botters will spend more on accounts than they make from botting they will back down.
    No they won't because they steal the accounts, not to mention steal credit cards to pay for subs. They aren't losing ANY money.

This game has bee going on for almost 20 years and they still keep going.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leodric View Post
    Aren't private servers known for way more p2w mechanics? I can remember a lot of drama with people paying the server owners for some benefits.

Regarding the token, Blizzard doesn't give a damn what the player base thinks or to make the game better for them, if they would then they could have found a solution for the bot problem a long time ago in 2019 at classic launch, the token is just a symptom of many.
    There is no solution for the reason they outlined. It is hilarious people think there is this magical "solution". If there actually was, Blizzard would have used it already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Wrong. Blizzard will shut down any server they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Aight bet. Make your own mmo and feel the struggle.
    Sure, give me 69 billion dollars. What a retarded comment.

7+ Year Old Account
    There is no solution for the reason they outlined. It is hilarious people think there is this magical "solution". If there actually was, Blizzard would have used it already.
    Bold of you to assume Blizzard would actually do something which costs them money in the long run. They actually used this problem for their advantage (money), hidden under a false narrative, instead of getting rid of it which would cost them money. Also other games are fighting bots way better and even some private servers.

Bold of you to assume Blizzard would actually do something which costs them money in the long run. They actually used this problem for their advantage (money), hidden under a false narrative, instead of getting rid of it which would cost them money. Also other games are fighting bots way better and even some private servers.
    Bold of you to assume that eradicating gold buying is what every player WANTS in the first place.

We have gold buying because PLAYERS WANT IT. Not everyone, mind you, but a lot of people. Are you saying those people somehow don't matter, and don't deserve to get their gold buying wish granted in a safer, more secure way? Why?

Bold of you to accuse BLizzard of things with no facts to back it up yet insist it is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Sure, give me 69 billion dollars. What a retarded comment.
    You can start your game creation without money then pitch it to a company to get funds. Unreal is free, there’s a start. Servers can come later.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Bold of you to assume that eradicating gold buying is what every player WANTS in the first place.

We have gold buying because PLAYERS WANT IT. Not everyone, mind you, but a lot of people. Are you saying those people somehow don't matter, and don't deserve to get their gold buying wish granted in a safer, more secure way? Why?
    Look at the forums and how people react to it, obviously most people are against gold buying, it destroys the integrity and fun of the game. If you want to play gatcha games there are other games for it. And yes, gold buyers don't matter one bit for me, why would there be a more "secure" way for them to buy gold? If you really think Blizzard did it for "the people" then you are delusional, they did it for profit and nothing else.

- - - Updated - - -

Bold of you to accuse BLizzard of things with no facts to back it up yet insist it is true.
    Common sense and looking at the past is more than enough to accuse Blizzard of doing so. They obviously want to profit from the integration of the WoW Token, nothing more.

- - - Updated - - -

No they won't because they steal the accounts, not to mention steal credit cards to pay for subs. They aren't losing ANY money.
    This is hilariously wrong. They are boosting accounts back up to max lvl and continue. They are losing money on it (paying less than what we in the western world do), but it pays off at the end.

Look at the forums and how people react to it, obviously most people are against gold buying
    We have no idea about the numbers. We only know they're VOCAL. We also know a helluva lot of people do buy gold. Clearly there's a demand. Even if they're not a majority, that doesn't mean they don't matter.

it destroys the integrity and fun of the game.
    In your opinion. That's far from a self-evident truth. To many people, it ADDS to the fun of the game, that's why they keep doing it and have been for 20 years. You can't just handwave that away.

And yes, gold buyers don't matter one bit for me
    Well I guess unlike you, I am able to engage honestly with positions I don't share or personally agree with. And I think that people's positions deserve recognition, whether I share them or not. But you're free to just go "I don't care about them, therefore they don't matter", that's your business entirely.

Common sense and looking at the past is more than enough to accuse Blizzard of doing so. They obviously want to profit from the integration of the WoW Token, nothing more.
    Common sense should also dictate that these are not binary positions of either they do something good and lose money, or they do something bad and make money. That's not how this works. At all.