D3 had fun gameplay, fun classes - despite its end game flaws.
    D4 is kinda dead on arrival for me because the classes i tried were unimaginably boring.

I do not know how you make Druid and Necromancer boring but blizz has managed to do it in d4.
    Feels like 1/10th of the d2 classes - and those were not particularly complex to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Difference being POE is free. You optionally pay for everything and the only thing you could really argue against is storage tabs, a one time thing, often on sale. D4 has what, 3 different prices to purchase the game, the standard even being overpriced considering the other forms of monetization ingame ie battle pass, cosmetic shop, premium battle pass. I could only scoff at someone believing all of those things justify the box price
    Frankly i would much rather pay for storage tabs than have to grind X seasons for extra storage like in D3.
    I hate "seasons" as a mechanic and rolling from zero for a class i already have maxed.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    The box price is stupid high. As someone who wants to mainly play through the campaign and not THAT much else, I cant be bothered with it.
    And you shouldn't bother with it. Diablo games are not for you. They live off of their stupidly infinite replayability - that's what these games ARE and always have been. If you're not interested in doing the same shit over and over again for hundreds of hours, you are playing the wrong game. Buy something else instead, gods know there is enough out there.

Diablo games are not "play the campaign once and be done" single-player-style games.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    They are still pretty fragile and hopefully they are fine tuning it more to release. I don't want them to be immortal like previously tho.

I do find it slightly odd that people who want a summoner seems to not want to summon at all. I think it's a good idea to still have to do so throughout longer fights, sells the archetype more imo. I think the most odd comment I accidentally came across was "They need to buff them back to previous state. Now it's like playing a summon simulator". Paraphrasing ofc, but was kinda funny.
    I mean some people just want the d2 gameplay of summoning tons of minions, having your auras up and just letting them kill everything. Heck back then you probably couldn't have something playing on an offscreen, now you can.

1+ Year Old Account
    The box price is stupid high. As someone who wants to mainly play through the campaign and not THAT much else, I cant be bothered with it. Maybe pick it up when it comes on sale. How many hours of gameplay is the campaign? 10? at most?

I had high hopes and plans for D3 and play that alot beyond campaign when it launched, but that quickly turned into nothing..
    Bro, you pay $25 for 2 hrs of non-interactive entertainment every time you go to see a movie, but won't pay $70 for basically a few weeks of interactive entertainment?
    Last edited by Cynical Asshole; 2023-05-26 at 09:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The box price is stupid high. As someone who wants to mainly play through the campaign and not THAT much else, I cant be bothered with it. Maybe pick it up when it comes on sale. How many hours of gameplay is the campaign? 10? at most?

I had high hopes and plans for D3 and play that alot beyond campaign when it launched, but that quickly turned into nothing..
    Careful, saying you’re only interested in the Diablo story, (which is pretty mediocre at best in D4 compared to other Diablo games) will get you burned at the stake around here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Difference being POE is free. You optionally pay for everything and the only thing you could really argue against is storage tabs, a one time thing, often on sale. D4 has what, 3 different prices to purchase the game, the standard even being overpriced considering the other forms of monetization ingame ie battle pass, cosmetic shop, premium battle pass. I could only scoff at someone believing all of those things justify the box price
    People can keep calling it overpriced at $70 but that isn't reality. $70 is the new standard for AAA games as Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony have all stated their first party titles will be $70. Diablo really only has 2 editions since the Ultimate just gives you the accelerated game pass at a discount if you've bought the deluxe. Though if you by the battle pass and accelerated separately you'll save $5.

This is all just goal post moving though because the justification will change to anything else. It isn't about box price. It isn't about monetization. For most it is about using something easy to hate on the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenRavens View Post
    Careful, saying you’re only interested in the Diablo story, (which is pretty mediocre at best in D4 compared to other Diablo games) will get you burned at the stake around here.
    Certain opinions get you burned at the stake because they are just bad takes. Like saying the story is bad in Diablo 4 compared to previous games. The only game that can compare is really Diablo 3 since it is the closest to modern story telling. One had a basic story. Two had a little more depth but was pretty short.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Technically if someone buys the collector's edition they will make money off of that customer without an actual copy of the game itself being sold.
    The collectors edition isn't being sold as the game.

The game doesn't have a "collector's edition" because that would imply it's an "edition" of the game. There's just an optional additional "collector's box" of junk to clutter up your house until you finally throw it away to get the space back in a few years.

Hogwarts legacy is 49.99 and most will only play it once and never touch it again, D4 is 59.99 and should keep many players playing for the next 10 years plus, PoE has essential tabs you must pay for they are not much but you cant play PoE effectively completely free, D4 shop and season pass is optional cosmetics, the box price is 100% justified considering how much entertainment D4 will give most players.

D4 even at double the price is a bargain for most players who prefer ARPG games, the first week most ARPG players will have more than thier moneys worth out of the game and then some before even seasons roll in.

An ARPG is for a player who likes to play a ton of the games endgame, you dont ever play this type of game solely for the story, stick to solo player games if thats what you want.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2023-05-26 at 01:35 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

15+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 4 will be good for a few months but i think in the long run it will be destroyed by Blizzgreed.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Many games cost $70. Value is personal.

If someone thinks they might enjoy something, then it's value is whatever they are willing to pay for it.

$70 could be trivial from one person or a big chunk of change for another.

I paid $70 for God of War and $100 for D4. I already played more hours in the beta for D4 than I did in all of God of War Ragnarok.

I couldn't even take my family to see the Little Mermaid for less than $200 yesterday. $70 is nothing these days.

Video games are merely a hobby. Games are worth whatever one is willing to pay to enjoy themselves. Go build Legos, golf, or take up craft beer making if you need to scoff at the cost of personal hobbies.

The only thing I really worry about so far is the stupid bloated paragon tree and crafting. So as always...The big bad S-word...Systems...I'm sure I will enjoy the game. If I get 200-300 hours only like Grim Dawn, that's still good, but if I get 1-2k hours that's also good. I can always do other shit or play other games.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    D4 is kinda dead on arrival for me because the classes i tried were unimaginably boring.
    Yes, because the diablo 3 classes was SUPER fun at lvl 10 which was the d3 beta!

Oh, Except they wherent! It was just as shit. Can't compare full classes in d3 with beta classes in d4. diablo 4 has a lot of skills and abilities locked in gear and paragon points, which start at lvl 50+, and you only seen lvl 20-25

If you don’t skip dialogs and cutscenes (that you shouldn’t if you are interested in the campaign) and do some side stuff also, 10 hours is barely enough to finish act 1 (of 5 I guess).

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post

I do not know how you make Druid and Necromancer boring but blizz has managed to do it in d4.
    Feels like 1/10th of the d2 classes - and those were not particularly complex to start with.

Frankly i would much rather pay for storage tabs than have to grind X seasons for extra storage like in D3.
    I hate "seasons" as a mechanic and rolling from zero for a class i already have maxed.
    In D3 you needed to make a complete build for the good gameplay, the gearing up to comleting your build was to use the most powerful items you can find and make it work, its no different in D4 so, in D3 you dont even start the game until you are farming for your first build, you have not even tried that in D4 yet, D3 the classes are not that great until you have a build sorted.

You dont need to play seasons if you dont want to you will just miss out on the content, the new legendery powers and uniques along with additional cosmetics you can earn, you probably shouldnt play D4 if you are never going to play seasons, its the main point in playing the game.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Many games cost $70. Value is personal.

If someone thinks they might enjoy something, then it's value is whatever they are willing to pay for it.

$70 could be trivial from one person or a big chunk of change for another.

I paid $70 for God of War and $100 for D4. I already played more hours in the beta for D4 than I did in all of God of War Ragnarok.

I couldn't even take my family to see the Little Mermaid for less than $200 yesterday. $70 is nothing these days.

Video games are merely a hobby. Games are worth whatever one is willing to pay to enjoy themselves. Go build Legos, golf, or take up craft beer making if you need to scoff at the cost of personal hobbies.
    Hell, the ENTRY price to get into those is already high. Then you have to account for the price of trips or memberships to continue them. Gaming is so cheap by comparison. Good pc or console, the game, and internet and you’re pretty much set for the life of the hardware/software

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    People can keep calling it overpriced at $70 but that isn't reality. $70 is the new standard for AAA games as Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony have all stated their first party titles will be $70. Diablo really only has 2 editions since the Ultimate just gives you the accelerated game pass at a discount if you've bought the deluxe. Though if you by the battle pass and accelerated separately you'll save $5.
    Just an FYI but Nintendo has literally one game priced at $70 and they never stated all of their first party titles will be $70. They actually stated this was not a general price increase to all games but each game would be evaluated on a case by case basis. Honestly I could care less anyway. We all know prices rise and paying $70 for a game that could very well give me 100+ hours of game time is cheap, all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Hell, the ENTRY price to get into those is already high. Then you have to account for the price of trips or memberships to continue them. Gaming is so cheap by comparison. Good pc or console, the game, and internet and you’re pretty much set for the life of the hardware/software
    In less than a year, my spouse and I already spent more golfing occasionally than our PCs (4) and consoles/handhelds (6). I paid $300 bucks for a stupid fairway club.

This is not including all the shit my kids do like karate, soccer, hair/makeup products, legos/magnet blocks, and so on for fun. Wish it was only $70 to enjoy free time with any other hobby or recreation.

Games are the best bang-for-buck of any hobby that doesn't make money, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    D4 even at double the price is a bargain for most players who prefer ARPG games, the first week most ARPG players will have more than thier moneys worth out of the game and then some before even seasons roll in.
    This is complete drivel.

D4 will offer a bare minimum of entertainment value for the first week, before it drops to a zero-sum slog of no content.

If it cost 10-20, we might call it barely worth the asking price.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    D4 will offer a bare minimum of entertainment value for the first week, before it drops to a zero-sum slog of no content.
    You plan to consume all the content in one week? How many do you think will no-life the game to make that a reality? Also there is content planned four times a year (this year will only be two times).

Why do you care about a game that clearly isn't your play style? It is always strange why some seem so concerned with a game despite hating the very essence of the genre.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2023-05-26 at 06:21 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."