Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Why wonder about why they think that when we can hear it from the horse’s mouth?

We have a poster on this very forum who supports desantis’ crusade against Disney and will drone on and on “parent’s rights in education” when it comes to banning discussions relating to lgbtq+ people in schools.

How is teaching/talking about gay people to children, or men dressing in women’s clothing, “sexualizing” or “exposing” children to sex, @tehdang ?
    It sounds like you're using a conclusion of somebody else and supplying your own supporting evidence on his behalf. Maybe you do have something like "Representative XYZ said that A & B show sexualization in the following ways..." Do you want to fill in which particulars you're interested in? Or a bill?
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Ok, the one thing a lawyer should know is if you sign your name to a legal document, you are ALWAYS responsible for what that legal document contains. Because you didn't read them doesn't matter one bit.

Sorry Alan, get rekd.

I don't even know where to put this. We need an all-purpose GOP SHITSHOW thread at this point, but since Flynn was connected with Trump I'll just dump it here:

Former Trump adviser Michael Flynn is launching an online community for 'COVID-19 unvaccinated people,' where you can find blood donors, surrogates, and 'unvaccinated singles.' A founding membership costs $2,500.

It's...uh...it's called "4ThePURE". No, really.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the spirit of comradery will overtake these two at the end and trump will gracefully allow desan to become his running mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I don't even know where to put this. We need an all-purpose GOP SHITSHOW thread at this point
    Wasn't that the original title of the thread? Either way, the Trump shitshow became the GOP shitshow the instant they let him take the reigns of the party.

You know, it wasn't that long ago that being an anti-vaxx piece of shit meant that you were a nearly universal laughingstock. Now it's a goddamned political affiliation... Welcome to the post-Trump world, I guess. If only his narcissism had driven him to try and take credit for the vaccine earlier, maybe his cultists wouldn't have willingly become plague rats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    You know, it wasn't that long ago that being an anti-vaxx piece of shit meant that you were a nearly universal laughingstock.
    I don't think there's been much of a change. It's the same people now as ever. The same people continue to distrust the vaccine, which Trump said he made, because of mercury or microchips or something. If anything, I think the difference is that we've reached something along the lines of "herd immunity" in that everyone being a reasonable and responsible human being put us in a place where such idiots are protected.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I think the difference is that we've reached something along the lines of "herd immunity" in that everyone being a reasonable and responsible human being put us in a place where such idiots are protected.
    Yes. Anti-vaxxers only exist because they have the luxury of living in a world that has massively benefitted from vaccines. But before covid, I seem to remember anti-vaccine sentiments crossing political lines. While that still may be the case for the bullshit with the MMR vaccine and autism, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that if you bring up the topic of vaccines today...the results would be extremely predictable (and partisan).

Prosecutors say they have a recording with a witness. And that's only some of the evidence.

Prosecutors in New York have informed attorneys for Donald Trump that the evidence in their hush money case against the former president includes an audio recording of him and a witness, a court filing made public Friday shows.

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg's office made the disclosure in a filing this week called an automatic discovery form and said the evidence had already been disclosed to Trump's attorneys.

The filing does not identify the witness or say when the recording was made or when Trump's lawyers were made aware of it. NBC News has reached out to attorneys and a spokesperson for Trump for a response.

A key witness in the case, former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen, previously released a secretly taped audio recording of a discussion he had with Trump about the hush money payments in 2016. It's unclear if the recording referred to in the court filing is the same one.

The filing is dated this past Tuesday — the same day Trump made a virtual appearance in Manhattan criminal court to be formally notified about a protective order barring him from speaking publicly about evidence his lawyers were slated to receive from the DA's office.

In the previously disclosed recorded September 2016 conversation between Trump and Cohen, the pair can be heard discussing how to structure payments to McDougal. At one point, Trump appears to ask “what financing?” and seems to ask “pay with cash?”

Cohen responds, “No, no, no, no, no, no, I got ...” before Trump is heard saying the word “check.”

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Yes. Anti-vaxxers only exist because they have the luxury of living in a world that has massively benefitted from vaccines. But before covid, I seem to remember anti-vaccine sentiments crossing political lines. While that still may be the case for the bullshit with the MMR vaccine and autism, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that if you bring up the topic of vaccines today...the results would be extremely predictable (and partisan).
    Anti-vaxxers used to be a fringe movement from both left and right, yes. It wasn't until COVID came around that Trump and his fucking retarded cabal decided public safety needed to be politicized which pushed a shit-ton more people from the right into that particular conspiracy theory.

Wasn't that the original title of the thread? Either way, the Trump shitshow became the GOP shitshow the instant they let him take the reigns of the party.

You know, it wasn't that long ago that being an anti-vaxx piece of shit meant that you were a nearly universal laughingstock. Now it's a goddamned political affiliation... Welcome to the post-Trump world, I guess. If only his narcissism had driven him to try and take credit for the vaccine earlier, maybe his cultists wouldn't have willingly become plague rats.
    I mean, Trump would most definitely be excluded from this as he is vaccinated. Right? RIGHT?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    I mean, Trump would most definitely be excluded from this as he is vaccinated. Right? RIGHT?
    Con-man and thief Donald Trump never said "the COVID vaccine doesn't work" and in fact took credit for it.

But he sure pushed that boudary by pushing everything from pushing medications that don't work to huffing bleach. Anti-vaxxers latched onto the part they liked -- conspiracy theorists live on the crumbs of confirmation bias left on the floor under the banquet table of facts and evidence.

Before COVID, Trump himself was an anti-vaxxer right around the time measles sprang up under his watch.

This is a Sept 2015 WaPo article about Trump linking vaccines to autism.

This is a Jan 10 2017 NYTimes article about Trump asking a known anit-vaxxer to lead the commission on vaccine safety.

Mr. Trump, who has embraced discredited links between vaccines and autism, has asked Robert F. Kennedy Jr., a nephew of President John F. Kennedy, to be chairman of the commission, Mr. Kennedy said after meeting with the president-elect at Trump Tower.

Mr. Kennedy’s appointment spread alarm through the medical community, which for years has rejected claims that childhood vaccines are linked to conditions like autism. Medical experts warned Tuesday that Mr. Trump’s actions would endanger children by confusing parents about the need to have them vaccinated.

“It gives it a quasi-legitimacy that I frankly find frightening,” said William Schaffner, a professor of preventive medicine and infectious diseases at Vanderbilt University. He said Mr. Trump and Mr. Kennedy were being fooled by “long-discredited” theories about vaccines.

“This is going to be a sad struggle as we try to protect as many children as possible,” Mr. Schaffner said.
    Ah, Dr. Schaffner, if only you knew at the time how disastrously right you were.

It is not just possible, but likely, Trump changed his tune not to save lives, but to keep his poll numbers from plunging further. He didn't want to be the guy who erased measles off the list of things that were no longer a problem in the USA, and bring back a disease we'd thought we'd handled decades ago. The only good news in his about-fat-face was that he made that call pre-COVID, at least enough to never say "don't get the vaccine, it doesn't work" and instead take credit for work done by other people.

He's not the letter of an anti-vaxxer but he is the spirit. It's like someone saying "I'm not a flat Earther, but I don't believe in time zones, sundials, or tides."

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Prosecutors say they have a recording with a witness. And that's only some of the evidence.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the witness and recording is the one that was used to convict Michael Cohen, with Cohen being the witness.

- - - Updated - - -

Anti-vaxxers used to be a fringe movement from both left and right, yes. It wasn't until COVID came around that Trump and his fucking retarded cabal decided public safety needed to be politicized which pushed a shit-ton more people from the right into that particular conspiracy theory.
    Yep, now we have 4 known antivaxxers running. Marianne Williamson, RFK, Trump and DeShitstain. And those are just the open and public ones that have railed against the vaccines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet another expert sounds off on upcoming Mar-a-Lago charges.

The more that we find out about this timeline, the less it matters what is in those documents. We know that Donald Trump had been given notice from the National Archives as well as from other federal agencies, law enforcement specifically, about the need to turn the documents over.

And so, the actual contents of the documents becomes increasingly irrelevant when...there's more and more evidence that Donald Trump chose to move those documents even in light of the fact that he knew that people would be coming to get those documents and recover them from Mar-a-Lago. And so, the timeline itself is something people need to understand is the most important thing that Jack Smith, the special counsel, and his office are going to be looking at.
    Want to see how much trouble Trump is in? It's time to play Count The Buzzwords.

This is nothing more than a targeted, politically motivated ding) witch hunt (ding) against Trump that is concocted to meddle in an election and prevent the American people from returning him to the White House. Just like all the other fake (ding) hoaxes (ding) thrown at Trump, this corrupt (ding) effort will also fail. The weaponized (ding) Department of Justice and the Special Counsel have shown no regard for common decency or key rules that govern the legal system. They have harassed (ding) anyone and everyone who works, has worked, or supports Trump
    Notice Trump's spokesperson did not comment on the merits of the case. Did use the word "Trump" literally every sentence and had the gall of accusing others of meddling with an election after working with Russians and starting a literal rebellion, yes, people were convicted for sedition.

Speaking of which, there are now rumors or suggestions that DC is now coordinating with various cases -- including guilty-pleading Schaffer and Individual One Trump. Schaffer's guilty plea could be used in the DC lawsuit against Trump for damages. It's still early to say, tho.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This article is titled How I Won $5 Million From the MyPillow Guy and Saved Democracy.

It's a lovely piece, worth a full read but I'm not going to quote the whole thing. I'll quote two paragraphs, you can decide from there if you want the full timeline from the man himself.

Obviously the article was written and published in response to Lindell screaming HAX! into the camera. This guy is considerably more eloquent. Maybe he should write a book or something.

Oh, wait.

- - - Updated - - -

So I realize this is technically a 2022 midterm topic and we have a thread for that...but it feels like a necro. Mods, feel free to move this if you feel so inclined. Kari Lake is such a pro-Trump cultist that it could go either way and I wouldn't mind.

UPDATE: Famed lawyer Alan Dershowitz fights sanctions in Lake-Finchem case

Now before I continue, I will also link a second Arizona newspaper, Alan Dershowitz should have known better, because it provides context.

So, yes, Kari Lake fucked up so hard, it hit a lawyer who never set foot in the courthouse.

Back to the first source.

@cubby or, as I will now call him, "MMO-Cubby of counsel", please point at Dershowitz and laugh.

@cubby you may now point at Dershowitz and laugh harder.

@cubby you may not point at Dershowitz and laugh hard enough to wake the neighbors.

The neighbors down the street.

Look, I admit there's that whole "I don't agree with what you said but I'll fight to the death for your right to say it". This is not that case. This case is "My client lost the election did nothing but make shit up, and I provided for her a voice and a pedestal for it". You have the right to free speech, Lake and Dershowitz, you don't have the right to waste the court's time with this level of undemocratic bullshit.

And what's with the "poor me" act? If you're 85 and unable to function, maybe a high-profile case that's one of the most heated and negatively-viewed in the country wasn't the right move. Want to be left alone? Fine. I assume one of your many large houses is right over there. It's quiet. It's not filled with reporters and juries and judges whose time you're wasting overthrowing democracy you putz.

Dershowitz's lawyer -- yes, the man listed as lead counsel now has a lawyer, where was that when he signed all those forms as head counsel? -- is begging for mercy like the Jan 6th defendants' lawyers have been. "He didn't understand what he was doing, Your Honor," he basically said, "he just engaged in a brazen bold-faced broad daylight attack on our most sacred role. He shouldn't face consequences for his actions over the course of several years."

Run this fucker's underwear up the Maricopa flagpole. Preferably while he's wearing them. Maybe that'll teach him to be more careful about his legal briefs in public.
    The neighbors are pissed....

Fucking hysterical when people learn actions have consequences.

Scammers are conning Trump supporters out of thousands with 'Trump Bucks' they claim can be exchanged for real cash

*insert obligatory joke about Trump being the biggest scammer here*

Supporters of former President Donald Trump are reportedly being scammed out of thousands of dollars through the sale of commemorative "Trump Bucks" that fraudsters say can be exchanged for real cash.

Several companies are allegedly using advertising tactics including creating AI-generated videos of Trump and other figures like Elon Musk to claim the worthless "Trump Bucks" will make them rich, according to a new report from NBC News.

Some of the people who bought the Trump memorabilia have attempted to exchange it for real US dollars at banks, and told NBC News that bank employees are reporting it as a growing issue. Several companies have been identified for marketing and selling the false currency, NBC News reported, including a number of businesses seemingly based in Colorado with names like Patriots Dynasty, Patriots Future, and USA Patriots.
    "A fool and their money..." something something.

Scammers are conning Trump supporters out of thousands with 'Trump Bucks' they claim can be exchanged for real cash

"A fool and their money..." something something.
    I feel like this story has done the rounds at least a few times since Trump initially took office. Not sure if it just keeps popping back up or if fresh instances keep happening, but either way lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Few things:
    1) I saw this headline but didn't follow up. Thanks for catching it.
    2) I'd be willing to bet that the buyers signed a contract with very useful terms of service for the seller. In other words, it's not a scam just because you didn't read the fine print. Honestly I'd be okay either way.
    3) Who would fall for this? Like, where did these people think they'd exchange them? They couldn't possibly have once seen a sign "Trump Bucks accepted here".
    4) And a followup, if you want to grift someone, pick a known victim of grift. Who better self-identifies as an easy con than a Trump supporter?

Other sources, like Forbes, all had the same story. They all attribute NBC News, but some add other details.

Colorado-based companies Patriots Dynasty, Patriots Future and USA Patriots have been advertising products with Trump's likeness, including black $10,000 “Trump Bucks”—sold for $99.99—they said could be redeemed as legal tender at most banks, including JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America and Wells Fargo, though none responded to inquiries from NBC News.

The items—which include coins, checks and membership cards—are sold alongside “Trump Rebate Banking System” handbooks, which the companies claim are “official documents” that allow the items to be used.

Advertisements for the commemorative items are featured on Telegram and YouTube, including one video that warns “Trump Bucks are not legal tender” before suggesting the membership cards “are official cards issued by Donald Trump.”

The advertisements coincide with “reviews” of the novelty items, including an AI-generated promotional video on TikTok that features a fake Trump discussing the handbooks, and a review in “Alternative Science” that suggests former Fox News host Tucker Carlson spoke with a “representative from Trump’s office” about the handbook.

The commemorative items are not the first with Trump’s likeness to be sold with the promise they could be used as legal tender. A 2022 New York Times report uncovered a similar scheme involving silver coins with Trump’s face, which were advertised by fake accounts on Telegram and TikTok. Trump’s son Eric threatened to sue the creators behind the cryptocurrency “TrumpCoin,” which launched in February 2016, according to the Independent. Eric later deleted a tweet calling for litigation, after TrumpCoin indicated it was not at all affiliated with the family or Trump’s presidential campaign. TrumpCoin—worth just over 2 cents—later suggested it could be the official currency for Trump’s social media site Truth Social.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I feel like this story has done the rounds at least a few times since Trump initially took office. Not sure if it just keeps popping back up or if fresh instances keep happening, but either way lol
    It keeps happening. This is just the latest one.

People who idolize and voted for a con-man continue to be conned?

Shocking.

So some news might be coming out about the classified documents.

Everyone remembers these right?

Notice that there are some hightlighted? Notice the one at the bottom with the ruler? See how it has a white border around the red border? Some new information is showing these are COPIES. Original top secret/classified documents have the ink bleed to the borders.

Like these:

These were also seen by people like Christopher Miller and Kash Patel, after Jan 6th.

I don't know if Kash has security clearance, don't care, but you can clearly see that Miller has a copy as well. That picture was taken Jan 14th. I believe Kash has been granted immunity in the documents case as well.